JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Shiatorikaru

Author Topic: Ice-Skating is underrated...  (Read 24760 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: Ice-Skating is underrated...
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 03:48:54 PM »
... there's a figure skating thread, oh my god 8D This makes me happy.

I don't know why, but during the Olympics I got stupidly hooked on figure skating~! I live tweeted all the events (apart from the ice dancing, which I didn't watch) and I'm stupidly excited about the World Championships (even though a number of prominent skaters have said that they'll pass on the World Championships in order to go pro/focus on other things) :DD

I usually hate winter and cold, but the Olympics actually made me go outside and try out my skating skills, ahahhaa. It was so much fun! I haven't skated since... primary school, I was surprised I didn't fall over more often :D

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 05:46:35 PM »
Mao has done well in endorsements

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2014, 04:21:37 AM »
Mental note, don't get in between a figure skater and food.

:P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2014, 06:24:45 AM »
Mao skates with her older sister Mai, portraying the sisters from Disney's Frozen.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2014, 07:14:46 AM »
Always found Mao san to be a dignified
young Lady, and an athlete who really
is a role model  :love:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2015, 02:38:42 AM »
Just heard the news from KT.  :(

CBC.ca - Toller Cranston, figure skating innovator, dead at 65
- http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/toller-cranston-figure-skating-innovator-dead-at-65-1.2930759

R.I.P. to a man who was an artist both on the ice and on the canvas (he was also a known painter), and more importantly, an rebel who's flamboyant style has been attributed by many to have helped push the evolution of artistic side (particularly in the men's discipline) of figure skating.
:prayers:

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2015, 05:13:07 AM »
Asada Mao's comeback seems to go very well..

BEIJING —

Three-time world champion Mao Asada made a strong return to the Grand Prix series on Friday, finishing first in the women’s short program at the Cup of China.

The Japanese skater executed her trademark triple axel to open her routine and topped the short program with 71.73 points, comfortably ahead of Rika Hongo of Japan, who was second with 65.79 points. Courtney Hicks of the United States was third with 62.38 points.

“It went just as I pictured it,” Asada said. “I was nervous before I started. I wasn’t able to skate that well in practice and just tried to use the nervous energy to my advantage. I hope I can carry this momentum over into the free program.”

Asada, the 2010 Olympic silver medalist, took a year off from competitive skating but announced in May she would make a comeback.

Anna Pogorilaya of Russia, the 2015 European bronze medalist, was fourth, followed by Zijun Li of China. World bronze medalist Yelena Radionova under-rotated a triple toe loop and finished sixth.

World champion Javier Fernandez of Spain topped the men’s short program with 93.19 points in his season debut. Boyang Jin of China was second with 90.05 points, while Sergei Voronov of Russia was third with 80.99 points.

The women’s and men’s events conclude Saturday with the free skate. The Cup of China is the third event of the International Skating Union’s Grand Prix series.

Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte of Italy finished first in the ice dance short program with 66.39 points. Madison Chock and Evan Bates of the United States, the 2015 world silver medalists, were second with 65.36 points, followed by Elena Ilinykh and Ruslan Zhiganshin of Russia with 63.54.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2017, 12:12:17 AM »
Mao chan お疲れ様

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Shiatorikaru