JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Joongdok

Author Topic: Official NBA Thread  (Read 470088 times)

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2005, 07:39:12 AM »
Quote from: daigong
hahaha. I sooooooo wanted Lamar to send Dirk back to the IR.

:x   I hope Lakers trade Atkins for Dan Dikau!!!

Offline en

• Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2005, 08:22:16 AM »
Shaq is special...
The size, the quickness around the post, the soft hands...
It just isn't fair.
Basically the only thing that can stop him is injuries (or more hack-a-shaq).

Yao...He can be quite frustrating to the rockets fan at times....
But he's been bashed way too much I reckon.
I mean,. just have a quick peak at the other big men draft in the top five in the last few years...
Dwlight and Okafor are doing okay...
In 2003 we have Milicic at No.2.
In 2002 we have Yao and Tskitishvili at No. 5.
In 2001 we have Kwame Brown, Chandler and Curry.
In 2000 Swift is the only guy that qualifies.
In 1999, Bender is at No.5
And of course we have the Kandy Man and Lafrentz in 1998...

So I think Yao is doing pretty okay compare to all these other "talented tall dudes"....

P.S. Kobe's bloody insane in the last 5 games!!!

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2005, 10:09:10 PM »
MAvs beat the T Wolves  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:

I feel sry for KG. oh well...

I bet ten bucks on Houston.

Offline en

• Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2005, 09:07:31 AM »
You got to feel sorry for C.Webb...
Nice city, high expectations, losing streak, plays on one leg.
Then this 6-9 dude called Donyell Marshall comes off the bench and makes 12 threes...12 FREAKIN' THREES!!???

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2005, 10:49:11 AM »
Quote from: en
You got to feel sorry for C.Webb...
Nice city, high expectations, losing streak, plays on one leg.
Then this 6-9 dude called Donyell Marshall comes off the bench and makes 12 threes...12 FREAKIN' THREES!!???

Donyell Marshall is one of the most underrated player in NBA, he played well when he was in Jazz and Bulls too.  He used to be shooting mid-range, duno when he starts shooting threes all the time.  I remembered him as a very good rebounder rather than a sharp shooter.  Guess he really polished up his skills these years.

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2005, 08:01:57 AM »
F***, Houston won  :evil: I hate the other Texas teams especially those Spurs...so dam boring. Heck, I hate everyone else in the Southwest Division. Portland better beat Houston.

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2005, 08:32:36 AM »
Hahaha, and Houston is still a sleeper.  They are just like Spurs, the players don't give a shit about jacking up stats as long as the team wins.

Portland just lost Randolph for seaon, unless Daman and Shareef got exceptionally hot.  Upset won't happen.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2005, 09:52:23 AM »
Yaw. Thanks for the Mavs beating up the T-Wolves. Just about any team is my favorite team when they play the Wolves and Nuggets!!  :lol:

The shittiest stat of the week (and its only monday) Detroit went without a field goal vs Utah Sunday and still fuckin won!!!! They made 6 FTs to ice the 64-62 win. UGLY.

Quote from: en
makes 12 threes...12 FREAKIN' THREES!!???

PHEW!! He "only" tied Kobe's NBA record. Yeah Donyell is also a good big rebounder, had to something to come off the bench  :lol:

I agree en, pretty much it is unfair to compare Yao to Shaq. Yao also has to adjust to the NBA game and his endurance is not up to par. He was saying during Sunday's halftime that he wants to get quicker.

The interesting thing I notice about Shaq in Miami is that his trademark moves - the gorilla shuffle after a big dunk, the Superman theme, the staring at his left hand (which was an inside joke with Kobe) - are all gone in Miami. He's got some diesel noise and shit.

And for those who say Kobe did not contribute to the 3-peat know nothing about basketball. Sure Shaq won all the MVPs but who can forget Kobe taking over after Shaq foouled out in game 4 of the NBA Finals during OT?

And hey, have you guys answered the Q & A above. We want to know who your favorite teams and players are!! :)

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2005, 09:59:31 PM »
I don't know a lot about basketball except some good player but i have one question:

Yao Ming ? GOOD or BAD player ?  :P

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2005, 10:57:33 PM »
Yao Ming is GOOD but not the level that everyone is saying he is one of the greatest ever. Still have long way to go.

DAMN!! Listening to Jim Rome and Big Game James Worthy that the Lakers are not going to make the playoffs. Just like Magic said on TNT. So Kobe replies:

Bryant said he hadn't heard Magic Johnson's recent prediction on TNT that it would be almost impossible for the Lakers to make the playoffs. "Oh, really?" Bryant said. "I just take it as him trying to motivate us."

DAMMNNNNNNNN!! At least the Lakers game is on TV tonite. Hope Kobe schools AI. I predict 40+ points from both against those crappy defenses.

and Shaq loves his team - they can clinch a playoff spot tonite vs the Knicks:

"I enjoy the fact that I'm playing with a bunch of guys that play the game the way it's supposed to be played," O'Neal told reporters. "This is like the first time … where I could say I've been on a good team where everybody was on the same page."

LA Times article

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2005, 08:07:52 AM »
What the fizzle!!!! Fucking Mavs!!! Lost to the TWolves....
I'm tired of this inconsistency!
I liked how KG shoved Dirk, then Dirk shoved him back. Using my lip reading skills, I think he said don't touch me like that...or something like it. KG wants to fight the big german. Damn...who would win? Dirk vs. KG...dam what am i talking about.  :lol:
 :JD:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2005, 08:15:42 AM »
SHIT!! Can't your MAvs do anything?? Must've because they had The Alien Cassell back.  :x

Cuz fuck the Lakers got  :haihao: by Iverson! Now Shaq is just gonna cruise on Thursday because it's
 SHAQ V KOBE II

The Knicks-Heat game was probably the best finish all year...Dwayne Wade just calmly walking it up and nailing the last second winner. Fuck Starbury!! Heat now have the best record in the NBA! Go figure.

Man, who's MVP now?

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2005, 08:27:08 AM »
SHIT!! Can't your MAvs do anything?? Must've because they had The Alien Cassell back.  :x

Man, who's MVP now?

Dam..I thought I was the only one who thought Cassell looked weird. 2 more weeks...Dampier is coming back...fucking 2weeks.

Nash? I don't know, havent really watched any Suns basketball. My vote goes to Shaq.

At least my mavs are gonna make the playoffs
 :P

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2005, 09:51:58 AM »
Quote from: Thimas X
Dam..I thought I was the only one who thought Cassell looked weird

Just ask tama-chan. He's her Favorite E.T.

I'm spend the next weeks scouting potential lottery picks  :evil: Bring in Deveon George dammit!! At least he knows the triangle.

My pick goes to Shaq. Changed a 500 team into the best team in the NBA. Nash a close second, they fuckin don't know how to move the ball without him. The dude was even more Magic-like than when he was in Dallas.

Offline en

• Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2005, 11:28:26 AM »
I'll give my vote to Shaq as well.
I know that any team that Shaq on just automatically be a contender...
but I don't think a lot of people thought they'll be THIS good.

ANd Wade is a freak. They guy has so much confidence in taking and making thiese last shots.

Offline Ching1670

• Gatas Brilhantes H.P.
  • Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2005, 07:58:26 AM »
How about those Warriors in the recent games hahah~
Beating the top teams in the Western Conf in straight 2 nights, first the Kings in Arco, then the high flying Suns~
I think for the G.S. Warriors, the future does look bright for them.

Offline bottymon

Official NBA Thread
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2005, 08:45:55 PM »
Dam..I thought I was the only one who thought Cassell looked weird

Just ask tama-chan. He's her Favorite E.T.

Haha, I remember seeing a picture of Cassell beside a picture of Golem (I think thats how you spell it) from LOTR

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2005, 09:17:30 PM »
Don Nelson Resign!  :( ........ :bounce:

It won't be the same without him. I'll miss seeing him stroll into the court and give us a easy technical. It won't be too different from Avery Johnson.

Nelly says the team responds better to Avery, and you can see that when the Mavs beat the T-wolves under Avery, then on the following day lost to the same team under Nelly.

Offline en

• Member+
Official NBA Thread
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2005, 09:38:57 PM »
Don Nelson Resign!  :( ........ :bounce:

It won't be the same without him. I'll miss seeing him stroll into the court and give us a easy technical. It won't be too different from Avery Johnson.

Nelly says the team responds better to Avery, and you can see that when the Mavs beat the T-wolves under Avery, then on the following day lost to the same team under Nelly.

Wow, now that was something I didn't expect...(so close to the playoffs).
While I never really liked Don...I still held him reponsible for the mess that Warriors went through in the 90s, I really think he has done a great job at the Mavs and re-introduce the concept of "they pour 100 points on us? we pour 120 on them!" And it's kinda funny see him get techs all the time.

Nevertheless, I thought Avery was a really smart player, and if the likes of Bryon Scoot...and Herb Williams can cut it at coaching the level, I think he can do the same, good luck to AJ!

Offline bottymon

Official NBA Thread
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2005, 11:34:12 PM »
Oh wow, I didn't see it coming

Anyways I didn't notice the guy post the link so... here

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2016984

*regarding Don Nelson resigning*

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Joongdok