JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Lonely

Author Topic: Best Hello! Project Singles of 2013!  (Read 4136 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Best Hello! Project Singles of 2013!
« on: December 02, 2013, 11:36:02 AM »
Woooo I have a day off so I can make this!

Vote for your favourite singles of 2013. Commentary is also warmly welcome!

It's early December so there's also time to listen to all the main tracks before deciding :D

Let me know if I missed something! Been quite casual this year.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Best Hello! Project Singles of 2013!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 03:15:49 PM »
My choices were:

• Morning Musume -  Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke/Ai no Gundan
  • Juice=Juice - Romance no Tochuu/Watashi ga iu made.../Samidare...
  • C-ute - Kanashiki Amefuri/Adam to Eve no Dilemma
  • Berryz Kobo - Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta/Rock Erotic
  • DiaLady, Mellowquad & HI-FIN - Lady Mermaid/Eiya-sa! Brother/Kaigan Seisou Danshi

"Motto Zutto..." gets my nod as best H!P song of the year, but taking A and B sides into consideration, then my vote goes to MoMusu's "Wagamama..." single as being the best.

Honorable mentions go to the other two MoMusu singles, Juice=Juice's upcoming single, C-ute's "Crazy Kanzen na Otona" and "Tokai no Hitorigurashi," and "Asian Celebration" by Berryz.

All in all, a very good year for H!P. Hope Tsunku can keep it up next year!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 03:41:10 PM »
So many double a-sides this year o-o

Anyway, I still want to re-listen to some of these tracks, but I already voted as I feel I won't be easily persuaded to change?

Brainstorming/KimiSae - I loooooooove kimisae so much, funny I didn't think much of it at first, but now prefer it over Brainstorming. It just gets me pumped up!

Wagamama/Ai no Gundan - so so cool and catchy, both tracks are awesome

Juice=Juice triple a-side - I'd call this even cheating for having 3 catchy songs in one ha ha. But really. J=J had really good first songs.

S/mileage - Yattaruchan/Atarashii... Well I voted this for Yattaruchan, it's insanely energetic and fun and I randomly feel like listening to it

And then maybe as a surprise my last pick was the DiaLady/MellowQuad/HIFIN one because I found it refreshing to have songs with harmonies and particularly the theme of the HIFIN song was - okay, a bit silly, but also cool to me (I'd love to go on a date picking up trash from the beach!! I mean, what kind of a person does that? Someone obviously awesome. I want to date someone like that!!). 8) And HIFIN had Eripon. Haha. But the DiaLady duo was also great!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 06:05:07 PM »
1. Wagamama ki no mama Ai no Joke --> In a long string of MM singles that all sound similar, this is the song that stood out to me.  :thumbup

2. Crazy Kanzen na otona -->

:twothumbs

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 07:23:19 PM »
2. Crazy Kanzen na otona -->

:twothumbs
If this was the best Single Outfit thread, that would probably get my vote hands-down. (Indeed, C-ute would have an argument for multiple best outfits...though Berryz Kobo's "Rock Erotic" outfits and MoMusu's black pantsuits from "Wagamama..." would be in the discussion.)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 10:26:14 AM »
Morning Musume: Help Me!!
Morning Musume: Brainstorming/Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai
C-ute: Crazy Kanzen na otona
C-ute: Kanashiki Amefuri/Adam to Eve no Dilemma
Berryz Kobo: Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta/ROCK Erotic
If it was only one choice. I think I'd start smashing my head on a wall, choosing between Crazy Kanzen na otona vs ROCK Erotic. :k-wink:

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 03:05:05 PM »
3x Berryz because it's my bias and regardless of the quality I listened to them the most out of all
1x C-ute because I felt the need to include them, admitting I went for adam to eve no dilemma one only because it was the first I just youtube'd and it was catchy enough... don't know them all by name.
1x J=J mostly because of watashi ga iu mae ni dakishimenakya ne

smileage and mm also had at least one good song that I know but there are only 5 votes
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline SayuForever

• Member+
  • Ayahoe Lover
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 04:26:29 PM »
S/mileage is up there! /o/

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 06:37:47 AM »
Brainstorming: CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW AMAZING BRAINSTORMING IS? Has there ever been a greater graduation single? I loved the entire package.

Wagamama: Picked for obvious reasons. It’s so good to see Momusu making a popular comeback and this single was high quality all the way through, I’m impressed by how much growth they’ve made as a group from the time One Two Three was released and shifted their image.

Ijiwaru shinai de: I don’t care much for Hajimete no keiken chuu but Ijiwaru knocked it out of the park for me. When Juice=Juice was first announced, I didn’t know anyone except for Karin but I’m happy to report that I’ve learned to enjoy them all as performers. I thought this single was a solid release and really sold me on them as a group, I can’t wait to see what they do in the next year!

Ii yatsu/ee ka: I haaaated Ee ka at first but I’m really enjoying it now. Not that this is a poll about that, but the costumes are among the cutest I’ve ever seen from H!P so that probably influenced my choice lol. I loved Ii yatsu too, mature S/mileage is my favorite.

Golden Chinatown: Sayonara usotsuki is my favorite Berryz song of the year! Golden Chinatown, not so much, but sayonara is perfect for Berryz. I’m hoping 2014 is their breakout year, ditto S/mileage, I hate to see them lose out to younger groups in terms of production value and promotion.
rina ♥ mini

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 07:53:39 AM »
nothing important to add but i would like to say that i've been listening to c-ute 'please love me more' alot lately - even tho it's the b-side i like it the best from that single :sweatdrop:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Lonely