JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Komacchau Na

Author Topic: [NEWS] Ai Takahashi to Graduate Morning Musume at Autumn 2011 Concert (msgs p.1)  (Read 35468 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
You know what? I'm not going to freak out about this.

Sure one of my top three is going to be leaving this fall, sure she's one of the strongest singers and dancers, sure she's been in H!P for going on ten years, but that's just it. Ai-chan is twenty four, she's been an idol since she was a child. Being an idol is a little girl's dream and Ai is a young woman now. Honestly, I'm surprised she even stayed as long as she had, when she's so obviously loved branching out into theater. No matter what she thinks of herself, us fans know that she's strong enough to carry on by herself and her real fans will be there even after Momusu and H!P.

Does anyone here still remember the reason graduations got so popular back in the day? It was because the girl, no, the woman had grown beyond what MM could offer them. They were ready to move on for various reasons, but mostly to try to go on to bigger and better things, career wise. (except Fukuda, I'm still convinced she was bullied out) Ai-chan is no different than Nacchi, Yuko, Rika, Yossui and hey, maybe you're saying, "Well, where are they now?", but maybe they're not in the spotlight every day of their freakin' life because they like taking it easy, working at their own pace and not keeping up the hectic schedule that ruled their younger lives.

And I'm sure there will be more photobooks. Rika just came out with one. And I'm sure we'll still see her on stage, with that voice, who wouldn't hire her? And hey, I'm not going to give up on MM so soon, not with four promising recruits just in, but you know, even the 9kies prove my point. Being an idol(in H!P, if that's less offensive) is for little girls.

Maybe JunLin graduating at the same time wasn't their choice, maybe their contracts were up and Japan decided not to renew their visas? But still, I'm sure we'll still be seeing them around.

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
Even though this is the saddest news ever because Aichan is beyond my favorite I can't say that I'm surprised or even that upset.

As soon as they announced the 9th gen auditions I knew Ai would be graduating because really she's just been in the group too long whether we like it or not. No one's come close to how long her and Risa have been in MM except maybe 6th gen. Also she's kinda old. In the past once the members started getting up in their 20's it was time to graduate (with the exception of Nakazawa of course).

I'm actually a little happy because a couple of years ago (before Koharu, Eri, JunJun, and LinLin graduated) I thought of my ideal way for Aichan to graduate. I said I wanted them to bring in a new gen let her teach them for awhile and then she can graduate. That way they could be touched by how awesome Aichan is.

Also I kinda like the timing. They have to announce the grad in a concert and the next concert won't be till spring. When they announced Koharu's grad is was way too soon and there just wasn't enough time. Eri, Jun Jun and Lin Lin and more time and it made things so much better. Now Ai has almost a year till her graduation so when her grad comes along I'll be able to enjoy it for the awesome concert it is, cause with this being Ai's grad it's gonna be HOT!

Ideally for me they would graduate Ai and Risa together and they would go off to form an awesome singing duo. Or even better they would be joined by Makochan and Kon Kon and it would be a 5th gen love group. Sadly this will never happen so I will be satisfied if Ai gets a solo career and keeps acting since you can tell that's where her passion lies.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Damn, 10 years is a long run. Maybe that's why I developed this mindset that she'd always be there, never leave. Keep looking young and fresh even when the group lost other members and gained new ones. So this is kind of a strange feeling.

Although I admit it's probably due time.

She's leaving H!P, but yeah, I'm sure she's gonna stick with the company. She's been a lead in so many stage plays now that I'm sure she'll get plenty more of those. She's not a bad tv actor either, but she really shines on stage. She might get that solo singing career people have been waiting on forever, or she could even end up being a part of a group in the vein of H&A or something like that. Oh and modeling, good lord.

She has a lot of options. I'm sure she'll have plenty of stuff to occupy herself with.

Just... stay in the spotlight, Aichan. Coz life's a little less awesome without you around.

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
I wonder how Ai will be in her graduation concert...
She gets so upset when other members are leaving, even cried when the 9th gen were announce-- I wonder whether she'll be completely cool about the whole thing till the messages or it'll all be a bit emotional rollercoaster ride for her...~ ;   u  ;

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
I was wondering whether or not to go to the fall tour this year just last night.

Now, it's not even a choice. I HAVE to go. Or else I'll regret it for the rest of my life.

I'm...at a loss for words. Ai has been such a big part of my thoughts for the last three years that it seems like she'll never leave. I know she'll have a fantastic career after graduation, but it just won't be the same. I certainly hope she stays in the public eye though, because my world is a little less bright without her presence in it. >_<

Oh and just to get a word in: Damn UFA had better give her Yokohama Arena at the VERY LEAST for her grad concert, but I don't think I'll be fully satisfied unless its Saitama Super Arena. :< Just sayin'.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Aww, post after Essy :heart:

As I sit back here in middle America watching all these things happen - the grads last fall, the 9kis auditioning and joining, and now this - I realize that it really just doesn't faze me like others, and like it perhaps used to for me as well. I mainly started becoming the obsessive H!P fan I am in 2004, almost 7 years ago now (and that's still not as long ago as some), and right away there was W's grad, followed not too long after in early 2005 by Kaori and the whole fiascos surrounding Mari, Miki, Aibon... I've always thought of 2005 as the "crazy scandal year", and wonder if living through that is part of why I've taken change since then as just a natural progression.

I mentioned becoming the obsessive "H!P fan" but really at first, like it's seemed to be for many others, it was just MM for me. Then 2005 happened, and it got into 2006, and I started to notice Berryz. Soon I really enjoyed them as well, and today I'd say they're even my top group. C-ute followed not long after, and I even came to like S/mileage almost right away (probably partly because I already liked Yuuka from High-King). Mano's been off and on, but I also became very excited about 9th gen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, perhaps because of history or not, it seems I'm used to the reality that is the constant change which is part of H!P. I think it makes me lucky as a fan because, no matter who leaves, there's always someone else I can come to enjoy. Ai was my first favorite when I got into MM... though to be honest, I'm more a Reina fan now, as well as some Berryz and C-ute. If a grad was to come from one of them I think it'd hit me harder. But all the same, there's still someone else. In MM there'll be 9th gen, who'll likely be around a long while. There's Berryz. There's S/mileage. There's who knows what new girls to come down the road...

I think you really have to be that way to be satisfied and content as a H!P fan. If you're not as much a fan of the group, and more of an individual girl, and if you think you could never be a fan of anyone else... you're just setting yourself up for disappointment and heartbreak at some point down the line. It's great that you like a girl so much, but H!P is about spreading the love. There'll always be someone else worth of it if you'd just look. :heart:

Offline fallenxangel24952

• TakaGaki Supporter 4 LIFE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaGaki=Forever Love
I don't know why but I'm not so sad like EriJunLin Graduation even though Aichan is my favourite :shocked
maybe because I already prepared for that that she will graduate this year. :cry:

I hope she will graduate in Yokohama Arena or Saitama Super Arena. :thumbdown:

but for the next 10-11 Months it will be a torture to know she will graduate in morning musume aki tour. :cry:

Whatever she do after leaving H!P I will support her 100% :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline metoice

• hitomi-chan my darling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
I don't know why but I'm not so sad like EriJunLin Graduation even though Aichan is my favourite :shocked
maybe because I already prepared for that that she will graduate this year. :cry:

I hope she will graduate in Yokohama Arena or Saitama Super Arena. :thumbdown:

but for the next 10-11 Months it will be a torture to know she will graduate in morning musume aki tour. :cry:

Whatever she do after leaving H!P I will support her 100% :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

NO!! she will graduation on Spring tour concert

ก็เพราะฉันหลงทางหลงอยู่กลางใจของเธอ อยู่ไหนก็ใกล้เธอเพราะว่าใจเธอกว้างใหญ่

Offline LiLith

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayu♥Koha
No... Why? That's too soon!!  :cry: New members has just been added!! And no one can replace Ai at this time!!  :cry:
Why Ai-chan? I can't imagine a MM without Ai-chan...  :cry:

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
No, it's during the fall concert tour.
Don't worry, it's not THAT soon.

And if you can't imagine Morning Musume without Ai-chan, I'm guessing you're a newer fan.
This is just how it goes, how it's always gone, and how it must go.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Naomi

• Member+
Re: [NEWS] Ai Takahashi to Graduate Morning Musume >:|
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »
Well crap. Ai was probably going to become my favorite Morning Musume member 'cause I've lost interest in Gaki lately, so... I need to stop choosing favorites. They always graduate. XD

I'm not sure what to say, though. On one hand, I'm really sad because I love Ai and she's a huge part of Morning Musume, not to mention that I've started paying more attention to them again. With her gone, I think the group will seem really empty without her. On the other, though, I'm glad because she'll be able to grow more as an artist and be able to experience stuff that she wasn't able to in Morning Musume. Right now, I'm more sad about it, but if she continues releasing music after her graduation, then I'll be happy. =D

I don't think I've ever been so sad about a graduation since Yossie left. :cry:

As for this being the end of Morning Musume, people have said this with every single graduation and they've been going strong for 13 years or so. Ai may be a huge part of the group, but if they could survive without the other aces like Nacchi and Maki, they can survive without Aichan. I think if Tsunku knew the group would be doomed without her, he wouldn't have told her to start thinking about her graduation.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Oh man...I was NOT prepared to wake up to this. :cry: My friend and I were just talking about it last night, how Ai-chan should have the opportunity to get married and have a family (if she wishes, of course) but...I didn't think it would really happen this soon.

I'm mad, sad, and scared about Ai-chan leaving. Mad because Tsunku has the balls to suggest graduating to her and then make it seem like it was entirely HER decision. I'm sad because I'm gonna miss her so much, she's been tied as my number 1 with Risa for a while now. It's kinda hard to imagine Momusu without her. She's been such a great leader and she's really an important asset to the group. And finally, I'm scared for the future of Momusu without her. Risa will be a very capable leader but that's beside the point. They have less than a year to get 9th gen settled (and popular) before the lineup changes again.

I'm thinking that Tsunku's trying to revamp Momusu's image, with 9th gen being so young and Ai-chan leaving. I'm not sure how wise that decision is. But I guess we'll see. I'll be holding on for the remaining GoRokkies.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
This is some great news to wake up to...
I was just thinking about her (potential, at the time) graduation. I guess I shouldn't think too much.

But like many others, I'm not going anywhere. I'm been a fan for 4 years (going on 5) and I've grown to support whoever comes and goes in Morning Musume. I'm not gonna leave the fandom just because one of my favorite members leaves.

I've always thought it would be best for Aichan and Gaki to graduate together, but I guess us fans arent reeady for that.

Do your best Gaki!. And I beg of you, plz don't pull a Miki.
Will we see Sayu as the new Subleader?
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Since I haven't seen it yet here...

The message from Sayu's blog (posted by icey pg. 1):

Announcement

Today's first concert is over!

There was an announcement at the live just now,
Morning Musume leader Takahashi Ai-chan,
at this fall's Morning Musume tour,
will graduate from Morning Musume and Hello! Project.

Because 9th generation members have just joined,
it's too quick, and Sayumi too when she heard,
was surprised, or rather,
was hit by a bad feeling, or rather......

Was so very sad.

Everyone is leaving...

But Ai-chan decided it after talking with Tsunku-san and all the adults.
And also, because it's a big step for Ai-chan to make toward her dream,
I'll support her!

And although I say that, until graduation
we still have 9 months!!

Until then, New 9 member Morning Musume will do our best!

Now we have our second concert!
Morning Musume will do our best!

Also, from Reina's blog in a post she made just a bit ago:

Aichan, who announced her graduation :heart:

We ate cake together :heart: :heart: :heart:

When I heard about Ai-chan's graduation, I was really surprised.

Who will be the next leader!?

What'll happen, even though the new members just joined!?

What about High-King!?

.......Various things like that were going round and round in my head.

But it was the way Ai-chan decided for herself.

Let's all support her :heart:

Because there's still time!!

But time will pass before you know it.

When we're just spacing out, before we know it the graduation time will come.

Let's all make many fun memories together :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline diav

• Member+
I read about this piece of news this morning, but have now settled my thoughts about this.

I actually expected they announce Aichan's graduation sometime this year, but a week after announcing the 9th generation winners?  Like others have said before, Aichan's graduation announcement will definitely overshadow the excitement of the new members...  (So yeah, I think this announcement was too early for me... I expected it to be after 9th gen officially debuts in March.)

Compared to others here at JPH!P, I guess I can be considered one of the newer fans to H!P.  (I worked my way backwards two years ago from hANGRY & ANGRY to Morning Musume, v-u-den, Melon Kinenbi, and the soloists, etc.).  Maybe it's out of my place to say this since I have not been a long-time fan, but I think that Morning Musume's impact on the music industry has decreased gradually over the years.  When Morning Musume debuted, I was 8, but I do remember the (Chinese) newspapers had a lot of articles about them and their ascension to fame.  I didn't get into Japanese music until high school and didn't pay attention to the Japanese pop scene until fairly recently (I'm more of a rock/dance person).  But, my personal opinion is that groups like AKB48 and the popularity of Korean girl groups are currently dominating the industry.

Once a pioneer of the Japanese pop idol genre, I really do question the fate of the group now that Aichan will be graduating.  While she's not my favourite member, I think she and Gaki are the glue that holds Morning Musume together.  I am not sure how Gaki feels about being leader, but I think it'd be an interesting challenge and experience for her.  That being said, however, I would think that both Aichan and Gaki would graduate together because they're best friends and one without the other just doesn't seem right to me.

With this in mind, I am wondering who will be the next sub-leader...  Reina's always expressed her wish to one day be leader of the group, but I am thinking Sayu might become subleader (if they are really into using their ages to determine seniority).  I'm also wondering about the tension and/or problems that may arise once Aichan leaves the group.  Gaki's time will soon come as well, but will she be able to lead 9th generation effectively?  I think Aichan's done a great job so far, so it will be hard for Gaki to follow in her footsteps.  But, every person is different and we'll see how it all turns out.

Whether it was Aichan's decision or not (really, who is in charge of Morning Musume - Tsunku or Yamazaki Naoki?), she has my support.  I have a lot of qualms of who runs Morning Musume (and subsequently all H!P groups), but if they're graduating Aichan because of her age to make the group "younger", then that isn't a wise decision...

I'm not sad, but nor am I particularly happy about this piece of news.  I don't want to see Morning Musume whither away in the Japanese pop scene, but Tsunku had better have some tricks up his sleeve.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: [NEWS] Ai Takahashi to Graduate Morning Musume >:|
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2011, 08:36:40 PM »
~SNIP~
Definitely what shi said.

Personally, SHE says its her decision. I dunno...
In a way, it was. Aichan said herself that Tsunku told her that she should start to think about when she would want it to happen. So yeah, even though the decision for her to graduate may have already been made, she was at least able to choose WHEN it would happen. And notice that she's given herself a whole 6 months, so that she'll be able to help the 9th Gen integrate into the group as well as help Risa prepare to fully take the reigns as leader (unlike what happened to both herself and Yossi, who both had the leadership given to them rather suddenly).

I'm still somewhat emotionally reeling from both Eri-Jun-Lin leaving as well as the addition of the new members.  Makes one think about Riho getting picked. Considering how, in the past, we've griped at how Tsunku would pass up/reject girls that we (at the time) knew/felt had the talent & skill to do well in MM, it looks like they're going to be "giving her the ball" sooner than we may have thought.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 08:44:27 PM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
It was way too good to be true that we did have such a stable lineup for so long ... now everything is changing. Although...I haven't paid much attention to H!P since the announcement that Linlin was graduating....now Ai-chan....

I'll still support Ai-chan in whatever she does - because that is what a fan does.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
I won't lie, Morning Musume won't be the same (for me) without Aichan. I'll miss everything about her a lot. And certainly i'm a bit concerned about how the group will continue, i mean they already announced that the leader is leaving so how is this going to affect in terms of line distributions or even during the concerts... i'm sure that in all these months left she will teach the newcomers everything she can... Oh man!!!! of course it wont be the same but momusu is far from dead, i'll keep following them until the very last... i even think Hello! Project might disappear but their groups will continue for longer.

Morning Musume is more that all her members, is an institution in music and the whole idea is that people might leave but the group will prevail and keep on going in the same direction as always. I'm positive that all the ex members really wanted the fans to keep supporting the group despite their absence. I also think that there is nothing wrong in following another groups like akb or korean stuff, no need to reject your H!P fandom for this... Aichan loves kpop, that better teach you a lesson.

Now, if Aichan starts a solo act or leads another group (kinda like Yossi) i'll be very happy but if not then i'll support her no matter what... hell i'll keep stalkin her no matter if she gets married, have kids and dissapear from the industry. Once i dream that Aichan was in Perú with her family buying my store and i was so shocked that i gave her everything for free, she let me take a couple of photos with her and signed a poster that appeared from nowhere lol... 

This year ends another era in Morning Musume, the Aibutt legacy will be remembered for ever and ever.... i have great expectations for her future and the future of the group.

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
I think unlike the EJL graduation this could be a good thing for both Ai and Momosu.  Ai will be able to start her solo career and be able to have relationships and such.  Momosu will be able to explore new directions and be more creative.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
It was bound to happen sooner or later.  Time to plan that Japan trip to support her.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Komacchau Na