JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Breakdown

Author Topic: [07/15] Chample 1 ~Happy Marriage Song Cover Collection~ (Minimoni, Tanpopo etc)  (Read 31075 times)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Technically the correct term would be "campur" but katakana being based on pronunciation just makes things harder. :lol: In this case they've entitled it as チャンプル and not チャンプルー so I'm keeping it as it is.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
so is it cample? campur or champloo? lol

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
I forget where I saw it, but it's supposedly a play off of the Okinawan dish "Champuru" (sometimes spelled Chanpuru) The dish is a "mix" of various ingredients that are stir-fried together, thus "champuru" in the album title might be a reference to how the H!P girls are all mixed up, or dare I say...shuffled, in different combinations.

Personally, I've most often seen it romanized as "champuru".

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Like Ayabie said, "champuru" is usually in katakana as チャンプルー, while the title of this album has チャンプル without the long sound at the end.
The latter could be romanized as "champur", and though it might seem unlikely, may refer to Nasi Campur, or Indonesian "Mixed Rice".

However, I want to theorize it might be some more of that famous Tsunku♂ Wordplay™, in this case a cross between "champloo" and "sample".
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Just listened to the album.. boo-ring  :oops:

Absolute highlight is 'only you'. They actually sound like a new Biyuden  XD

That Tanpopo song is ok too. And I'm happy Lin2 got a solo song!

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
I like the album, the only song that I didn't like was the biyuuden song,

I didnt know Lin Lin has such great vocal ability.

Reina's solo was great too. She finally sound less nasally as before lol but its still there
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:59:33 PM by Mugen »

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
Lin Lin was really impressive in Platinum Disco  ;)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
I didn't think I would like most of the songs much, but I DO!  some are good, some are great and some are AMAZING!   

And LinLin really impresses me with her solo, for you...

I love Risa and Eri duet, Mamotte Agetai.  loved Diamonds by High-king and all the other are good, too.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
I looooove the Gakikame duo, and "kimi ga iru dake de"

oh by the way, how do you read tanpopo #? tanpopo sharp?

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
I love shin minimoni and c-ute feat. manoeri songs, they're such a happy go lucky song. Shin minimoni has the cutest voice grouped together from h!p and of course because of takechan :lol: while the c-ute song is really awesome and I really like the manoeri solo part :D You guys should watch the original pv by KAN, it's epic :lol:

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Favorite song from this has to be Linlin's solo. Other songs I thought were good - Ai-chan's solo, C-ute/Mano Eri, Zyx alpha, and shin minimoni. A pretty good album overall.

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
I must confess that I'm totally in love with "Yes yes yes"  :wub:...

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
I can't get into this album at all, I've given it time and I've given it several listens but it depresses me even more.

I think the fact that this is more in the same vein as the likes of the Douyou Pops and Folk Songs albums didn't help me really. I expected a lot with the brandishing of the names of Minimoni and the like on there and it did set alarm bells ringing early on that I should be wary, even so I think that I must have been uber excited in the back of my mind as I was left wanting.

The songs are all too dull for me and I can't think of any that stand out for me, I'm hoping for a couple of things from this though. First, that the names of old units being slapped on here wasn't simply a cash-in idea and that we'll never hear of them again. Secondly that if the units do stick around that they'll have a bit more character to them, make them more like the units of old or at least give them something new and unique. I'm not sure if I'd rather them stay around or vanish if they keep giving them this dull as dishwater music to sing.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
just got my copy today. Have been listening to it while driving around and I am really enjoying it.
Life is one time.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Breakdown