JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - There Are The Big Tree And A Big Muff Dog

Author Topic: Official NFL Thread  (Read 422347 times)

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official NFL Thread
« Reply #2360 on: December 17, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »
I read in some news article that there may have been times they actually "called" run plays, but Romo changed it at the line of scrimmage. So, who is calling plays indeed.

Also, Tannehill  :twothumbs I think people are finally starting to learn his name!

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #2361 on: December 17, 2013, 06:42:29 PM »
The "Playoff Hunt" is that much juicier after this weekend's games.  Actually Tony Romo throwing that interception with seconds left on the clock reminded me of the exact same thing when they played the Broncos.  Whether or not he wanted to check out of the run, I think Romo would've choked on that drive anyways.  Who knows, DeMarco Murray might've gotten stuffed on 1st and 2nd down anyways if they tried to run.  But the offense isn't the only one to blame though.  Giving up 34 unanswered points in the 2nd half to a backup QB who got let go from the Raiders is pretty baffling.  I guess now Matt Flynn has a legitimate shot at finishing the Packers season on a positive note whether they make the playoffs or not  (suck it Oakland!  Where's your QB now?).

And speaking of enticing championship games, how about our FFL?  I was literally worried on whether I'm gonna make it into the championship round or consolation round.  I'm definitely stepping up my game these next couple of weeks and hope I can finish a lot better than I did last year.  And while I have my thought on fantasy football, I'd like to post this little nugget:

The Irrelevants have fallen into irrelevancy

After a dismal 3-11 finish from the team that made a grand entrance in 2010, team owner Terry Yaki has fired the head coach of The Irrelevants and is planning a major overhaul of the team including changing the name.  Snapping a 6-game losing streak only to lose another 4 straight, the head coach was on the hot seat and it was only a matter of time for the news to break.  The Irrelevants burst onto the scene in the 2010 season where they finished 10-4 and defeated an undefeated team to win the championship.  They regressed the next year going 6-8 but scoring the most points in their league after a 4-game winning streak where they outscored opponents by a wide margin (~120 pts/game).  The team was temporarily changed to the Funky Buddahz for the 2012 season in which they had won the championship trophy for a second time in franchise history with a 9-5 record.  They reverted back to their Irrelevants moniker hoping to bounce back from their 2011 season (and the fact that there was already a Funky Buddahz team in another league), only to have a season full of disappointing performances week to week.  What the future holds for this franchise is something to be pondered about for the time being.

"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2362 on: December 17, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »
Yeah, you and me next week :P I hope Peyton shreds your ass~ lol. Though Tannehill outscored him this week so it's weird. XD

I'm just happy to make it back to the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years after a very disappointing time last year... and #1 seed even! All thanks to Mr. Manning lol. It's the second season he's saved me, and this time it looks like he won't be sitting out for the playoffs. It was really close for everyone! Anyone could have missed the playoffs with as close as it's been this season. I was going down to the wire on Sunday before I figured out I pretty much had at least the 3 seed. Detroit's disaster last night helped me snag #1 lol. Glad jaysonnj had the wrong kicker. XD

Btw kuro, what's happened to you the past couple seasons? :P

As an aside, I've reached the championship in the pro league I decided to try out for the first time this year, so I'm even gonna win at least 60 bucks outta it. XD

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #2363 on: December 17, 2013, 10:20:21 PM »
LOL, they might rest Peyton in the 2nd half and bring out Brock Ostweiler (or whatever his name is).

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2364 on: December 30, 2013, 05:37:33 AM »
To keep the tradition alive, Kyle Orton, throws the game losing interception for the boys, setting them to another 8-8 season

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #2365 on: December 30, 2013, 05:43:04 AM »
Well this time, it's not Romo who chokes.  I guess the curse will still live on no matter who's behind center...

Boy what a Week 17 it was for real life football as well as Fantasy Football.  I just want to thank you all for a great season of Fantasy Football and I hope to be able to do it again next year (with some possible improvements in regards to how our rosters consist of).

Funky Buddahz Crowned Fantasy Football Champions

After a dismal debut in the JPH!P FFL finishing in 13th place, the Funky Buddahz have turned it around to become champions of the famed FF league finishing the season with a strong 9-6 record into the Championship Round (despite a few other teams with identical records) and knocking off both the 1st and 2nd place teams to obtain the glorious trophy.  Despite the numerous injuries that hampered the teams' rosters and the sometimes inconsistent performances of players week to week, the Funky Buddahz made all the right moves that brought them victories in the end (including a 5-game win streak to go from the bottom to the top).

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2366 on: December 30, 2013, 09:33:03 PM »
Denver needs to beat Indy, so Peyton can say he has officially beaten every team in the NFL.

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #2367 on: December 31, 2013, 08:59:20 AM »
I think Peyton has a shot at getting 72K+ passing yards at the rate he's throwing.  He's basically going for Brett Favre's career records now (including beating all 32 NFL teams).  In fact, his TD-INT ratio is much better than Favre's.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Aaron Rodgers: ‘I Really, Really Like Women’
« Reply #2368 on: January 03, 2014, 10:21:01 PM »
Unfortunate that this stuff has to be addressed in this manner. I guess we aren't THAT advanced in the 21st century, after all.

http://onlyagame.wbur.org/2014/01/04/aaron-rodgers-leitch

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #2369 on: January 06, 2014, 02:32:55 AM »
The experts/analysts pretty much nailed it.  If Andy Dalton has a sloppy ass game, the Bengals basically lose (which is what happened).  In any case, the Packers still can't stop Kaepernick from running wild all over them.  He's probably gonna be doing that for the next few years barring any unfortunate circumstances.  Hopefully the 49ers will have a better game against the Panthers next weekend.  Now I'm thinking the Chiefs D might be pretty overrated.  To blow a halftime lead of that margin and lose is like what the Cowboys do every other week in the regular season.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2370 on: January 06, 2014, 05:29:49 PM »
Divisional weekend the matchups are between experienced vs. less experienced qb's

I expect home field to not play a factor into these games but you never especially who is hungry and recent experience gives teams like the chargers, saints, and 49ers a chance to beat teams.  I have my gut feelings for the picks but i'll wait til the end of the week to make them known XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2371 on: January 08, 2014, 03:36:01 AM »
Get ready for Beast Mode: The Sequel

I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2372 on: January 13, 2014, 01:53:39 AM »
Final four set up

Niners-Hawks, Broncs-Pats

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #2373 on: January 13, 2014, 10:03:23 PM »
I'm rooting for the 49ers to take it to the Sea-Ducks for denying their few fans in California a chance to be at their games.  The 49ers hadn't allowed an individual 100-yd rusher in any game this season (regular and playoffs) so Beast Mode ain't getting shit this weekend.  As for the AFC matchup, I believe the Manning Curse is still in play so I'm hoping for a Broncos-49ers Super Bowl matchup (not that it's going to be the 55-10 beatdown the last time they met).

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2374 on: January 17, 2014, 03:54:28 AM »
Every 'boys fan in DFW wants to see the hawks play the broncs, because they can't imagine another team with more titles than Dallas

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2375 on: January 20, 2014, 04:24:28 AM »

L.O.B.!!!!!

:rofl: erin andrews got balls!

whatta game fuckin defense up the ass, sketchy calls - sophomore QBs scared shitless. I got Peyt winning in Da House Eli Built THO!! CANT WAIT!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2376 on: January 20, 2014, 04:31:15 AM »
Sherman from Stanford. XD

idk but I expect a great game between Denver offense vs Seattle defense
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2377 on: January 20, 2014, 04:46:19 AM »
We in the Super Bowl, baby! In Russ I trust!
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2378 on: January 20, 2014, 05:29:53 AM »
I have to support Peyton on this one.

Offline Veronica

• Princess Veronica with incredible princess power!
« Reply #2379 on: January 20, 2014, 05:43:27 AM »
Every 'boys fan in DFW wants to see the hawks play the broncs, because they can't imagine another team with more titles than Dallas

The Green Bay Packers, Decatur Staleys / Chicago Staleys / Chicago Bears and Pittsburgh Steelers.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - There Are The Big Tree And A Big Muff Dog