JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - BE HAPPY! Koi no Yajirobee feat. Ayumi Shibata

Author Topic: Hello! Pro QUESTIONS  (Read 335932 times)

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Re: Hello! Pro QUESTIONS
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2007, 10:37:40 PM »
Those "Taiwanese version"s and such generally aren't the real thing.  Unofficial/knockoff/pirated stuff is pretty common in Asia.  I haven't personally gotten anything from Taiwan, but I know for sure that in mainland China, there's literally tons of that kind of stuff.  $2 "Rolex" anyone?

That said, there are occasionally "International" or "Overseas" versions of things that you'd find on YesAsia and the like.  They are generally only a little cheaper though.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2007, 11:37:42 PM »
ah right.. I knew it would be too good to be true. Better save up and get the real thing. Thanks again.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2007, 04:16:48 AM »
does anyone knows who Naoki Yamazaki?  in the english wikipedia, i read that Morning Musume is "masterminded by Naoki Yamazaki, though Tsunku writes nearly all of their song lyrics and composes nearly all of the melodies for the songs."
you can find the article here

i always thought tsunku was behind all of this?  i never heard of anyone else, especially Naoki Yamazaki. if anyone have any info, please do share.

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2007, 04:19:47 AM »
does anyone knows who Naoki Yamazaki?  in the english wikipedia, i read that Morning Musume is "masterminded by Naoki Yamazaki, though Tsunku writes nearly all of their song lyrics and composes nearly all of the melodies for the songs."
you can find the article here

i always thought tsunku was behind all of this?  i never heard of anyone else, especially Naoki Yamazaki. if anyone have any info, please do share.

Jinryuichi covered that topic just a few days ago in his blog.

Offline kiikoi

• LOL!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2007, 06:11:03 AM »
what teh heck is SNS? some fanclub or somethin?

Offline TydusArandor

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2007, 06:31:26 AM »
Those "Taiwanese version"s and such generally aren't the real thing.  Unofficial/knockoff/pirated stuff is pretty common in Asia.  I haven't personally gotten anything from Taiwan, but I know for sure that in mainland China, there's literally tons of that kind of stuff.  $2 "Rolex" anyone?

That said, there are occasionally "International" or "Overseas" versions of things that you'd find on YesAsia and the like.  They are generally only a little cheaper though.

Yes, it's true that there's a lot of pirated Morning Musume stuff in China, but recently, a Taiwanese record label (Forward Music) has picked up the right to sell Hello! Project stuff in Taiwan and Hong Kong. Their official website is here: http://www.forward.com.tw/ (in Chinese). They don't sell the Single Vs, though the concert DVDs are all subbed. And yeah, the prices are generally much cheaper, the last time I checked it's possible to buy three Taiwanese versions than one Japanese version.

But I've also read some blogs which complained about the quality of the CDs. In general, the quality of the sound is good enough to not tell a difference unless if you have some sort of a super sound-sensitive audio system. I've never bought one (yet), so I wouldn't know. And I probably wouldn't know since I can't tell the difference between 192kbps and 320kbps with my headphones anyway ^^;;.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 06:42:02 AM by TydusArandor »

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2007, 10:09:29 PM »

SNS is short for a Social Networking Service.

If you've used Facebook, Myspace, or other similar "Web 2.0" group-oriented stuff, you've already used one.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2007, 12:42:52 AM »
Think of it as a special wota version of myspace, linked to the HAROMONI@ show.  Each person can invite 2 people.  I wonder if any gaijin's have been invited yet?
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2007, 07:29:05 PM »
uhm, bit of a dumb question but are the photocards that come with some of the releases always the same for one release or do the motives vary? Like with my Sexy 8 Beat CD there was a Mitsui and a MM group photocard included.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2007, 11:22:44 PM »
Has Morning Musume, or any other H!P group been nominated or won like an MTV japanese vma?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 03:12:00 AM by modesta107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2007, 10:05:47 AM »
uhm, bit of a dumb question but are the photocards that come with some of the releases always the same for one release or do the motives vary? Like with my Sexy 8 Beat CD there was a Mitsui and a MM group photocard included.

AFAIK, you usually get a random photocard out of a full set. But sometimes, with limited editions, you may get the full set, just like they did for the "Koi no Victory!" first press edition.

Offline ChiruChaCha

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • cuak!
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2007, 10:37:29 PM »
Is there going to be any release for this year's Hawaii Fan Club thing or were the parts showed in H!M all? I mean, have they released a DVD/tv broadcast/whatever for that in the past years? If so I'm really looking forward to Miki-pinku and Hito-pinku  ;D

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2007, 10:45:11 PM »
Is there going to be any release for this year's Hawaii Fan Club thing or were the parts showed in H!M all? I mean, have they released a DVD/tv broadcast/whatever for that in the past years? If so I'm really looking forward to Miki-pinku and Hito-pinku  ;D
All I've seen is a tiny clip in Hello Morning 2007.04.01.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2007, 02:04:43 AM »
They will probably release a Fan club only DVD

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline invisname

• ~Aloha Rider~
  • Member+
  • ~Aloha~
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2007, 03:21:53 AM »
Stupid follow up question, the times they do show the Hawaii Fan Club events (and not the mini games they do like they showed on H!M, but the talks and concert and so forth) were those also FC only? Cause I remember it on the tracker (and had downloaded it but lost it) and I'm unsure about its status as part of Momusu goodness.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:22:21 AM by invisname »
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader -
-~LDK Random Subs~-

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2007, 07:03:36 AM »
That was shown on H!M as well, as far as I can recall.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 07:05:20 AM by Ayabie »

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2007, 02:52:50 PM »
I don't know if this has been asked before, but my friend from another forum asked this question and it got me wondering too.

The H!P girls are mostly school-age, right? are they home schooled or do they go to a special artist school or what? anybody knows?

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #197 on: April 26, 2007, 02:58:55 PM »
i think i heard this question asked before. according to them, they usually go to private school and UFA also provide tutors for the girls.  that what i heard. don't quote me on that.

Offline Rikki2

• Member+
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2007, 11:14:55 AM »
I don't know if this has been asked before, but my friend from another forum asked this question and it got me wondering too.

The H!P girls are mostly school-age, right? are they home schooled or do they go to a special artist school or what? anybody knows?

They go to a private junior high school until they finish 9th grade. Japanese law requires this. They can drop out of school at that point if they want and some do. If they want to continue, they can take high school by correspondence course. Yossie and Mari and maybe one or two others at least have gotten their HS diplomas this way. Most dropped out smewhere along the way. Konno took a HS equivalency exam and passed with a score good enough to get into college. UFA provides the girls with tutors to help them.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2007, 04:14:16 PM »
Aaah I see, thanks for the info ^_^

Gaki-san 大好き!

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - BE HAPPY! Koi no Yajirobee feat. Ayumi Shibata