JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Utakata

Author Topic: The Morning Musume Thread (モーニング娘。)  (Read 303241 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: The Morning Musume Thread (モーニング娘。)
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2010, 07:52:19 AM »
H!P acts collide!

音楽物語 in Japan (JJ・LL・雅・小春) (2010.05.16)

direct download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jeglinmbcft

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2010, 08:26:53 PM »
Can someone post the new single if theycan please =D

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2010, 12:50:43 AM »
Can someone post the new single if theycan please =D
If you're referring to "Seishun Collection," no one has the full single yet because it's not going to be released for another couple of weeks.

CLICK HERE -> http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=24473.0

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2010, 01:23:35 AM »
Yeah lol ppl were talking about it and not giving links or names so I was confused

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2010, 06:20:51 AM »
 Music Story in Japan 5.23.10 - Junjun, Linlin, Miya, Koharu

in the video, we get reaction from other MM members about this unit

Gaki's reaction after hearing Koharu was in the unit.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2010, 11:56:11 PM »
Awesome!

Here they are doing the fashion thing again.

モーニング娘。画像@2010.06.06 舞台『ファッショナブル』製作発表

source: BARKS http://www.barks.jp/feature/?id=1000059818&p=13

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2010, 12:12:23 AM »
^
... that picture of Sayumi and Eri looks... durr. What is going on? xD Laghing fit, or Sayumi barfing? 8D

I love Eri and Risa's outfits! :heart: Wondering why they decided to dress Ai as a hippie, but hey.. XD she's totally rocking it~

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2010, 05:07:28 AM »

I dedicate my 3,500 post to Morning Musume, the group that started it all!
They've helped me through good times and bad with their upbeat music, sunny personalities and hot bods!!! :heart:
I hope they continue to prosper and thrive for many years to come (preferably with the current lineup~)!
MORNING MUSUME AND JPHiP 4 LYFE!!! :jphip:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2010, 07:10:11 AM »
^
WOOO KREAMER!
:rockon:

Love how the placement of the letters on the pic focuses your attention. XD

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2010, 05:55:22 PM »
Hey I actually have something to say about the whole Morning Musume :lol:

Ya know how before the Paris gig I had long been kinda bored with Momusu, didn't like their new songs etc. Isn't it weird how big of a difference it makes when you realize you've just had your ATTITUDE/EXPECTATIONS all wrong?!

I believe that the reason why I was bored with MM was that because my expectations was:
Morning Musume - the group that always shuffles members, graduating old ones and auditioning for new ones.
But the current Morning Musume - Aside from Koharu's graduation, the line-up has stayed the same for a very very long time!
The reason why I got bored was because I expected there to be changes when there wasn't any.
But current Morning Musume is an established line-up that should be treated as such.
THERE IS ACTUALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CURRENT MEMBERS. IN FACT, THE CURRENT LINE-UP IS PRETTY FUCKING AWESOME. ALL THESE GIRLS ARE LOVELY.
What I did wrong was impatiently wait for a new audition. Auditions are irrelevant, it's the now that matters. :lol:

And then the songs; I guess my expectation was that every song should be like, idk, Shabondama or Kanashimi Twilight, when those only come like once every 10 singles. I still hold on to my opinion that Naichau Kamo is one of the most boring, horrid MM singles, but the other recent ones are... actually kinda good. Especially Kimagure Princess, which I couldn't initially stand because of the voice change thing :D but it's now my crack. How couldn't I see how much fun this song is when it was released? And Shouganai Yume Oibito is le dramatic, and Mikan is like the most positive, awesomest song ever. There must've been something in my attitude and expectations preventing me from enjoying these songs before, but now I do. This is the type of music that Morning Musume NOW releases, and ain't there nothing wrong with that.

Experiencing the songs live made a huge difference, but even before that I'd suddenly started liking the songs once my expectations and attitude began to change. I dunno what the heck I was expecting from Morning Musume, must've been such a snobby asshole. IDK IDK :lol:

My point is that all this time there's nothing been wrong with Momusu itself, just possibly their management/promotion (as in the boring tv shows with food *stab stab*) and definitely my own attitude.

In sum:
Morning Musume is still great, just different!!! lol
Some wota said that MM is no longer idols, but artists, skilled entertainers - and I kind of have to agree with that. They're no longer 'improving' like, say, H!P Eggs... They already ARE :3 So what if they don't have a voice like Lady Gaga. They're still great performers.

And yeah. It's all in the ~perception~ or sth lol
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2010, 06:19:40 PM »
sam ehere... our little grasshoper is learning very fast :cokecat:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2010, 06:27:40 PM »
@shirenu: Yeah, getting to see the current lineup live is one way to do a 180 on you feel about them. Like you mentioned, they're excellent performers, and their promotion (*coughUFAcough*) really doesn't showcase that as much as they really are. It's like the agency is still trying to push them as idols, but they've moved on from that, really. They're more like serious artistes now, with a greater focus on actual performance skillz, rather than prancing around acting cute (not that they can't do that, just that it's not all there is to them). Still, with all that history behind the name, it's hard to move on. The only real way is to really push them as they are, and not what people remember them to be. Sadly, we're not really getting that. :/
sam ehere... our little grasshoper is learning very fast :cokecat:

With influences like us, I don't see how she wouldn't learn! :lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »
I've been out of the MM loop for a long time, but getting back into it I realise that I squirm a bit when I see that they still do weird silly catchphrases and cutesy things on stage. I know, they are idols and that's what idols do... xD But particularly for the older members, it just seems off for some reason. Like... they should have moved past that now.

Like shirenu said, they are great performers, and MM is a well-established group, it would be great to see them act as artists and not just cutesy idols xD;

I don't know, just something I've been thinking about lately.

Slightly related, I got around to watching that Shabekuri007 Christmas special where the current lineup and some OGs talk about various things that haven't been talked about before. It was awesome to hear from them directly, that yes of course there's rivalry to be center. Junjun and Linlin's concerns about being placed stage right and stage left as a backline seemed so heartfelt xD;; I don't know, it just made me happy to see it confirmed that of course MM girls aren't super-human girls who won't argue with each other xD;;; It stirred up my image of the group (particularly about some of the OG members), and I really enjoyed that.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2010, 10:45:26 PM »
Morning Musume: Now on CNN!!! Or at least some subsection of their website.

Idols going global: Morning Musume's worldwide renaissance
International interest in anime and games opens the door for Japan's revered idol groups overseas

This year from July 1-4, an estimated 180,000 people visited the Paris Nord Villepinte in Paris, a near 60-fold increase on the 3,200 who came to see the first Paris Japan EXPO  in 1999. As the scale of the event has increased, showcasing anime, fashion, cosplay, traditional Japanese ikebana and minyo and live music, so has the level of the guests of honor, this year attracting all-girl pop group Morning Musume.

Japanese culture has recently been spreading worldwide with a boom in Japan-oriented EXPOs across the globe. But while many facets of Japanese entertainment have found a foothold in many countries -- manga, anime, horror films -- music has struggled. But with pop acts regularly contributing theme songs to anime and games, the tie-ins are paying off.

Having played in Los Angeles & Hawaii in the USA, Shanghai & Hong Kong in China, South Korea, Taiwan and now Paris, France, eight-piece Morning Musume's high-energy routines and songs are leading the charge for J-Pop, and three members spoke to CNNGo about their international exploits.
Read more: Idols going global: Morning Musume's worldwide renaissance | CNNGo.com http://www.cnngo.com/tokyo/life/idols-going-global-morning-musumes-worldwide-renaissance-649455

And I agree with you guys that a real "renaissance" for the group would be to transition them out of the old idol ways and into a new promotional direction...if we won't ever get a 9th generation then it would make for a good alternative route to try.

Seeing the Shabekur007 episode comfirmed my own notion that I've developed that Morning Musume really is two separate groups sharing the same name: the original group being the first four generations lasting from 1997-2005, and the second group (the one we know now) starting in 2001 with 5th gen onwards, and there being that period of overlap when members were coming and going like crazy, as if to transition the MM name from the old group to the newer one. I'm sure this view could lead to further debates on which lineup was "better", but it's an interesting way to look at the history of a group that has had so many changes and only recently started to settle on some kind of consistency.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2010, 12:05:24 AM »
but with koharu's graduation, I think graduations will still happen and so will auditions...my fav morning musume was circa 03-05, Rika's graduation.  I think they are reluctant to graduate Takahashi, but they will have to, and finally Kamei will get spotlight

Offline fallenxangel24952

• TakaGaki Supporter 4 LIFE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaGaki=Forever Love
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2010, 06:51:23 AM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:20:42 AM by fallenxangel24952 »

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »
Creepy...yet oddly intriguing. :oops: Too bad it's from when current members were young, and not that hot yet. :lol:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2010, 04:50:50 AM »
well seems someone is there for the money and tbh they are scum sometimes just for doing that IMHO
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2010, 08:45:43 AM »
Shit like that used to be so common, the good thing about Momusu being less popular (and not having any loli members) is that things like that are less likely to happen D:

It's funny how MM used to have (still has?) some loli stigma in the more recent years, turning off people, when stuff like this happened at the height of their popularity :| Logic, there is none
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Utakata