JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Milestone

Author Topic: When Insomnia Attacks (One shot collection [12])  (Read 25901 times)

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: When Insomnia Attacks (One shot collection [3])
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 03:51:54 AM »
Hmm, yes. It always ends up Takagaki or something, I didn't really preplan this :x Just wanted to try to get my mind off things and I wanted to use a line i got off a comic book. XD

Your melancholy makes you creative. How familiar.

I'm hardly creative when in a good mood -_- *sighs*
I've been getting my creativity off horror/occult comics lately :lol:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 07:26:30 AM »
Ahhhhh TakaGaki :heart: :heart: :heart: I LOVE them :)
At first, I thought the owner of the room was Ai-chan. Then I went..."Ohhhh." :P
That PJs is a dragon suit? I always thought it was a dino :lol:

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 07:43:47 AM »
That was such a sweet story  :wub: I really love the last quote.. :yep: I don't remember where it's from but I have heard it before..was it from a song?  or a movie? 

if takagaki had a sleep over, risa could wear her dino outfit and ai chan can wear her sparrow costume!   Then it would be a pure cuteness battle! :wub:

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 08:00:27 AM »
@Sukoshi: The imagery is funny XD and <333
The quote's from a DC/Vertigo comic, at least that's where I got it from.

@lil_hamz: I think it's a dragon, or so I've been told. I've wanted to get a cow one but screw paypal, ebay and creditcards >_>

Anyway! I need some info for another one shot I wanna do tonight, and I hope someone could help me out a little.
Where do the girls normally stay? o.o
Is Risa still doing voice acting currently?

Hmm, I think that's it. Thanks~
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 12:39:00 PM by inDeceit »

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 12:51:49 PM »
^ A cow PJ suit? Makoto? XD

If you mean stay as in live, I think Risa stays with her Grams in Tokyo. I don't know the exact location, I wish I knew though :P As for Eri, she most probably lives with her whole family since they are from Tokyo anyway. Apparently in a 3 or 4 storey house? Ai-chan stays in an expensive apartment block with her mom. Oh, I think Sayumi lives with her mom as well. Her sister is a kindergarten teacher, I don't know if she's one in Yamaguchi or Tokyo.

Since Athena is still running, I would think Gaki-san will be doing the voice acting for some time.

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 01:11:24 PM »
Yes! That one, the one Makochan wore XD It just looks so comfy, and I'd rather really wear that than the usual tshirt and shorts when I sleep :P

Now either i wait for someone to fill me in with the rest of MM, or I"ll make up imaginary homes for them XD But I hope I can finish it before tomorrow anyway. Thanks for the info ^^

Meanwhile~ *plots to work in UFA* :B

Offline Sevii

• Member+
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 01:17:11 PM »
Linlin and Junjun live with different homestay parents, I think.
Umm... I don't know who Reina stays with, but a couple years ago, or maybe even just last year, she said on a radio show that she didn't have a room to herself here in Tokyo.. so... hmm. I'm thinking she stays with relatives or something.

I have no idea concerning Mitsui or Kusumi. Except that Mitsui makes her own lunch boxes? LOL.

Sorry, I'm of no help at all.

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 03:24:59 PM »
Ah!! I just remembered something. Koharu lives with her granny too. Who knows if their living arrangements have changed since then. But yup, this was what happened before.

If you ever succeed in working at UFA, you know I'll be bugging for some insider information about what the girls are really like XD
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 03:27:43 PM by lil_hamz »

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: When Insomnia Attacks (One shot collection [4])
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 04:56:44 PM »
Provided UFA hires sound engineers :P or I could try to get a record deal with them if I go ahead with doing a major in music :o
haha, I'm crazy. Hmm.. Maybe in a few years, I'm starting my course in 2 weeks. <3

Anyway, weird fic from an inhuman point of view. I don't know, it was hard to end..

and Happy Birthday to me~ I'm still not legal enough to drink and drive.. meh..

A night with Mr Sandman.

Tokyo, Japan. It is the first half of October and somewhere in this metropolis, men wasted away their night in the company of wine and lust. Further downtown, juveniles come out to play with their toys and big words. In situations you would probably be familiar with, some are desperately hugging the Buddha’s leg while attempting last minute revisions. All of them, fighting against that which makes them succumb to dream. And you? I’m wondering why you’re still awake at this time, or something to that extent.

Round a corner and remembering to take a left turn, a girl who had recently become an adult rushes out of a building and flags for a cab. The roads were fairly deserted right now, and I wonder where she’s heading at this time of the night. She paced, from pole to pole, those same ones that held the taxi stand’s shelter up. Growing impatient, the girl in a simple white sweater and pink pleated skirt checked her wristwatch again, followed by the straining of her neck, in hope of catching at least a glimpse of any vehicle in the distance. As she waited, she thought and considered, whether to persuade the driver to give her a ride if it was a private car, or kick an existing passenger out and hijack the cab. Her pink and fluffy twin hair ties shook violently along with her head. That is unbecoming of an idol, she thought. She waited some more as her watched beeped, reading ‘11: 10PM Thurs’. She wished she could be in bed now rather than rush out for a recording.

Back in the building, which turns out to be a residential estate, what we’re looking for is really behind. In a modern multi-story house that smells of an Italian restaurant, everything was pitch black. The humming of a water filter was amplified in the empty hall, and behind that fish tank was the kitchen. Left over spaghetti, an empty packet of mozzarella and a bottle of digestive pills sat on the counter. But let’s ignore that and move on. In a room upstairs with more than enough books for anyone to ever finish and a portable karaoke set, there’s a sleeping beauty in the center of it all. Already deep in slumber, one wonders just how heavy of a sleeper she really is. Under the thick blanket, she was clad in an oversized t-shirt that seems to be customized specially for her. Surrounding the sleeping girl was a collection of soft toys ranging from bears, to rabbits, aliens and dolls. In her very arms was a giant turtle, which she hugged protectively and mumbled sweet nothings to. She stirred in her sleep, telling me that it’s time I find someone else to visit.

On the other side of town, but really just at the end of the neighborhood and in yet another multi-storey building, a young talent sat crossed legged in front of the couch. In t-shirt and shorts, she sat a bowl of salad on her lap (more meat than salad, really) and switched on the television, lighting up the entire room. She shouldn’t be wasting time away like this, but who could resist late night comedy acts together with their favorite food? She laughed hard, she giggled, and she tried many times to stifle both. It wouldn’t have been pleasant to wake up the other occupants of the house, and the least she could do was to be considerate when given a place to stay for free. Beside her were a stack of craft paper, and 3 boxes of different markers, pens and crayons. She thought it would have been nice to make her specialty -handmade cards- once the show was over, but little did she know that she would start to grow drowsy once she got into the second half of the act.

I wander some more, leaving the three girls behind to their own devices, dreams and fatigue. Passing by a window, we try to take a peek. Inside someone stood by her desk, holding a phone receiver to her ear. I could hear what she was saying, but I don’t understand. In her native tongue she spoke perhaps, and I simply watch on. In sweat pants and a shirt, she shuffled her feet nervously, sometimes smiling, sometimes not. She was reluctant to hang up, but a third yawn was the last straw. She bid farewell, a satisfactory smile on her sleepy face as she returned the receiver to its original place. Crawling into a bed, she laid still for a few moments, a small prayer escaping her lips. Slowly, her eyelids grew heavy and another gives in to the sandman.

Uptown, I feel closer to finishing my task. I could hear a distinct variation of expressions and tones from somewhere. There were exaggerated claims, soft sighs and girly chuckles. It was amusing to listen in on, but it really makes me curious about the visuals. I spied from behind the curtains, only to see arms flailing and papers flying when someone else came through the door. The occupant of the room shrieked in surprise and bent down quickly to clean up her mess while muttering apologies and promises to go to bed soon. On the floor, she slumped against her bed once she had tidied up, pulling down her pajama top that had rolled up during her rough movements. Sighing in frustration, she closed her eyes, reciting lines with specific emphasis in her head. Gradually, the practice stopped unplanned and I hope she wouldn’t have a sore back tomorrow morning.

Somewhere in a rich district, which I don’t really know why I’ve set foot into, a certain apartment caught my fancy. I see designer furniture and really nice wallpapers. I must say, whoever owns this place surely has taste. I wondered through the quiet corridors and found a room still lit. A woman sat up in bed, wearing a nightgown that made me a little shy, but let’s not get carried away. She was reading, rather intensely I might add and soft music played softly in the background, which she paid no attention to. Ironically, it made me a little lethargic too, but I must complete my duty nevertheless. I waited for her to lay down her book and turn off the lamp. I waited for her to sink into the blankets and close her eyes. I have waited a little longer than expected, but it never came. Out of patience, I let the woman be.

From where I stand now, I watch the city sleep. Like a creepy stalker one might personify me as, traveling on clouds and along with the wind, I had paid each of them a visit, or at least tried. Now that my work is done, I sprinkle dust into my very eyes and join them in their dreams.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 02:23:46 AM by inDeceit »

Offline Sevii

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2007, 12:10:18 AM »
Ai-chan go to bed!

This was very interesting, I like. :)
But where was Sayu going? Konya mo Usachan Peace? :D

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2007, 02:17:47 AM »
That was totally random...and completely marvelous. :thumbsup

and Happy Birthday to me~

A night with Mr Standman.
After reading the story, shouldn't it be "A night with Mr Sandman"? :P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2007, 05:44:19 AM »
Happy Birthday inDeceit ~~

Yay, I'm glad I saved this story for the night time...I feel like I should go to bed after reading    XD

You're so good at descriptions, you always manage to create a story that feels so real.  :wub:  Sayu shaking her head and Eri mumbling sweet nothings to her turtle plushie are my favourite scenes  :heart:

hehe...one thing I kept thinking through out the whole story was that Mr Sandman is a very luck stalker...and then he even calls himself a stalker XD  that was cute~  :heart:

Offline ChiruChaCha

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • cuak!
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2007, 02:00:18 PM »
I really like the concept of the last story. Your writting style is great too, very smooth.

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 04:28:08 AM »
hugging the Buddha’s leg

That sounds like me XD

the girl in a simple white sweater and pink pleated skirt checked her wristwatch again

My first thought was, "They get to wear wardrobe outfits home?" Next came, "No wait, Morning Coffee's a red skirt not pink." :P

I'm guessing the 5 girls are 5th and 6th gens.

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

But I really wanted to use this one too. *Looks at leaf and recalls Eri's PB*  :D

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 04:29:24 AM by lil_hamz »

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »
^__^ Thanks for those.

Hm, I've been itching to do another long story. Tell me what you think of this plot:

A guardian of dreams reincarnates every 22 years until the end of time itself as a punishment for failing her duties. Born in the Showa period, the 100th reincarnate now exist in modern Japan in the form of a popular idol, with no memories of her past lives, her true identity, and the fact that she has a fixed life span soon to reach an end. On the other hand, the antagonist who had been equally punished was out for vengeance. As a loose apparition, it possesses various helpless and unsuspecting victims so as to track down the guardian’s incarnate in order to destroy her for good, and at the same time searching for a way to free himself/them from this eternal sentence. It is a race against time for the guardian, to save herself and everyone else, but it's easier said than done when anyone from friends to lovers could be her enemy.

Quick summary on the whole thing. Actually starting it is another story altogether though :roll: I just wanna do something with dreams lately.

Offline Sevii

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 05:26:56 PM »
Interesting!!!!!!!!!!

Want to see more! :3

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 07:11:53 PM »
Interesting :B

But the concept is a little similar to my story in regards to reincarnation and it being an 'age-old battle' and stuff xD

-shrug- :B

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 07:22:40 PM »
You think? Hm..

Not really an age old battle though, because the antagonist never appeared or made any attempts for the last 99 reincarnations. *shrugs* There's a keeper guarding him/her/it. I didn't mention a lot of things in the summary, but I guess it's similar in the reincarnate part. I've been doing my research on myths in Japan and stuff, but ends up I have to come up with my own folktale for this =A=

Ah well. Feeling too much like shit to continue the prologue. Damnit, I wish I never found out about MM's trip to Taiwan >_>

Offline Sevii

• Member+
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2007, 06:58:40 AM »
Don't feel shitty, I felt shitty the entire day and bought a ticket.

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 09:15:32 AM »
Somehow I feel worse now -_- Considering how they might be visiting places where my relatives stay and I could actually be there ;_;
Ah well, I went to bed and felt better. There's always another chance anyway.

*goes back to prologue*

Just wondering, about this fic, who would you guys like to make an appearance? Coz I'm stuck with who's going to be what...

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Milestone