JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Wo Ai Ni Na Me Duo - I Love You So Much

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 483624 times)

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Re: [HELP] MPC problem, help a tenkei out D:
« Reply #880 on: April 04, 2007, 03:24:48 AM »
I assume it's doing it with all videos, even ones that worked before, and not just some new ones (you're not trying to play a really large res video with 60 frames/sec or something are you?)

It sounds like its something to do with codecs.  It doesnt seem like it can be anything else, but if you've not installed anything then I dunno.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 03:25:26 AM by ~Dan~ »
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: [HELP] MPC problem, help a tenkei out D:
« Reply #881 on: April 04, 2007, 03:27:49 AM »
Why not try uninstalling MPC and your codecs, and then reinstalling everything?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #882 on: April 04, 2007, 03:55:00 AM »
Helping my friend's laptop out.

Her cd/dvd drive apparently can't play any DVDs or VCDs be it legal or pirated ones. The video and audio will just turn out choppy and unwatchable. But the drive has no problem reading the contents of the DVDs or CDs, files can be copied out without any problems, discs can be burned normally using that drive. and she has no problems playing downloaded movies/video files.

So can i assume it's her drive that is faulty, and get her to change a new one? Or is there a setting that she accidentally changed?

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #883 on: April 04, 2007, 05:22:01 AM »
^ If playing them is the problem I would look at the software used for playing the files first (and anything else on the system running while playing).
Copy a fie to disk and see if it plays ok, if so it might be the drive, if is doesn't play correctly check the rest.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #884 on: April 04, 2007, 11:56:27 AM »
If the files are ok, and the drive is ok, maybe it's something to do with buffering.  You could try increasing the buffer size in whatever player you're using, or try another player.

Offline thatguy

• キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #885 on: April 04, 2007, 04:52:31 PM »
check if the usb port is running at 2.0 speeds

Offline marqual

• Member+
« Reply #886 on: April 05, 2007, 07:28:06 AM »
I want to take screencaps from mkv file with h.264 codec what program can do that?   for avi i use advanced avi splitter or PowerDVD

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #887 on: April 05, 2007, 07:34:01 AM »
Thanks for the advice, will copy out the .vob files out and try to play them

I'm using both MPC and VCL and both are giving me the same problems.

check if the usb port is running at 2.0 speeds

is this an advice for me?

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #888 on: April 05, 2007, 10:38:43 AM »
I want to take screencaps from mkv file with h.264 codec what program can do that?   for avi i use advanced avi splitter or PowerDVD

Media Player Classic can do that. Player, codec and splitter can be downloaded here: http://x264.nl/

Offline thatguy

• キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #889 on: April 05, 2007, 11:46:43 AM »
is this an advice for me?

yes. sorry, haven't gotten used to the quote button being on top.

Offline ASSEMblerEX

• Miki x Ai
  • Member+
Trying to encode some video for the tracker.. need help.
« Reply #890 on: April 07, 2007, 05:22:47 AM »
I was wondering if anyone can give me tips for encoding from dvd to divx or wmv.

1. Divx or wmv? I tried wmv and it took 12 frigging hours. Divx took 1.2 hours..
2. Divx.. The config confuses me . I selelected the hd profile (3000bit).

I know people here rip and encode, I need some pointers on what settings to use
to make 1.2gigish files. I would like to have the dvd wind up 720x480 on the pc.

Help me encode gods!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #891 on: April 07, 2007, 06:25:10 AM »
I was wondering if anyone can give me tips for encoding from dvd to divx or wmv.

1. Divx or wmv? I tried wmv and it took 12 frigging hours. Divx took 1.2 hours..
2. Divx.. The config confuses me . I selelected the hd profile (3000bit).

I know people here rip and encode, I need some pointers on what settings to use
to make 1.2gigish files. I would like to have the dvd wind up 720x480 on the pc.

Help me encode gods!

For best compatibility accross players machines I would use xvid (or divx, same difference).
I use AutoGK when I want a certain target size (like 350MB or 700MB)
I use mplayer when I want a certain resolution and/or bitrate.
I use TMPGenc when I want MPEG2 at DVD size/birates

'DVD' is 'by definition' 720x480 (or 720x576 for PAL) and a maximum bitrate of 10Mbps

Offline ASSEMblerEX

• Miki x Ai
  • Member+
« Reply #892 on: April 07, 2007, 06:40:18 AM »
Ok. what divx settings do you use?

128bit?

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #893 on: April 07, 2007, 07:34:40 AM »
Ok. what divx settings do you use?

128bit?
Thats the bitrate for the audio track your are asking for? Yes I mostly use 128Kbit MP3 stereo.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #894 on: April 07, 2007, 08:01:15 AM »
there's a huge guide on how to encode to xvid/divx from DVD with gordion knot in the geek guides forum you know >_>

Offline gocha

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #895 on: April 08, 2007, 05:42:46 AM »
I'm trying to download streaming audio into my hard drive using Power Audio Recorder, but it doesn't work for me.
Anyone knows how to do it? Instructions will be helpful :)

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #896 on: April 08, 2007, 12:44:47 PM »
I'm trying to download streaming audio into my hard drive using Power Audio Recorder, but it doesn't work for me.
Anyone knows how to do it? Instructions will be helpful :)
I use Net Transport.  It seems to be able to download most if not all streamed files.
(One thing I'd better mention about Net Transport is that you can open multiple transports (connections) so you download the file faster, but sometimes it's not a good idea to use this because some streams are varying bitrate and your downloaded video is all messed up, so if that happens just use 1 transport).

Is the problem that you can't find the correct url of the streamed file?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 12:49:36 PM by ~Dan~ »

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #897 on: April 08, 2007, 11:26:00 PM »
i've had this problem for a while now, but i just haven't gotten around to looking for a fix for it til today. 
whenever i plug in the battery into my laptop, during start up, it would load up properly for the first couple of minutes, then it would give me the following error msg.

i took the picture in high rez so hopefully you guys can read it.  if not, here it is.
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.  If this screen appears again. Follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.  If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacture for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software  Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.  If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable componets, restart you computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x00000000A (0xF76B6BC4, 0x00000007, 0x00000000, 0x8052AC8C)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical Memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistence."

phew, that was a long type.  since the problem only occurs when the battery is plugged in, i don't think it has to do with any software problems( i could be wrong thou)
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #898 on: April 09, 2007, 05:39:00 AM »
^ Is this an upgraded computer?

A search for 'stop 0x0000000a' gives this:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=stop+0x00000000A&catalog=LCID%3D1033&spid=&qryWt=&mode=r&cus=False

Which leads to a possible driver problem, I would check the battery (system) drivers for your machine.

Offline gocha

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #899 on: April 09, 2007, 11:53:57 PM »
Quote from: ~Dan~ on April 08, 2007, 12:44:47 PM
I use Net Transport.  It seems to be able to download most if not all streamed files.
(One thing I'd better mention about Net Transport is that you can open multiple transports (connections) so you download the file faster, but sometimes it's not a good idea to use this because some streams are varying bitrate and your downloaded video is all messed up, so if that happens just use 1 transport).

I'm not sure if I have the URL correct.
Here is one of the audio file that I want to download: Quote from: ~Dan~ on April 08, 2007, 12:44:47 PM

I'm not sure if I have the URL correct.
Here is one of the audio file that I want to download:

After I use Net Transport to download, I have this 86kb .wma file and it can't be played with WMP
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:56:22 PM by gocha »

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Wo Ai Ni Na Me Duo - I Love You So Much