JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sequence Pulse - Parallel

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 484531 times)

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #1000 on: June 01, 2007, 05:14:43 AM »
im wondering if i buy like a new ram or a graphic card from another country (going to vacation this summer to korea/hk/malaysia) will it work on my computer that im using in canada?

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1001 on: June 01, 2007, 05:35:20 AM »
im wondering if i buy like a new ram or a graphic card from another country (going to vacation this summer to korea/hk/malaysia) will it work on my computer that im using in canada?
Yes, the beauty of PC's! :)
(only exception: TV-in/out which sometimes is still locked to NTSC/PAL only)

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1002 on: June 01, 2007, 06:11:32 AM »
hahaha nice. guess ill have a tweaked out super comp when i get home  O0

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1003 on: June 01, 2007, 07:43:02 AM »
The only problem when buying in another country could be warranty. It's kinda hard to return to the shop you bought the stuff from if it's several thousand kilometers away...

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1004 on: June 02, 2007, 06:12:30 AM »
thats true though im not really worry about that since the stuff over at other countries are cheaper than here anyways

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #1005 on: June 02, 2007, 07:49:15 AM »
LOL. Well the warranties in Malaysia are crap anyways, so unless you go to those classy-ass, overpriced stores, it's no big loss.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1006 on: June 02, 2007, 06:19:59 PM »
ur from malaysia? cool. do they sell import cellphones from japan there?

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #1007 on: June 03, 2007, 03:04:53 AM »
^ Not that I know of, at least not officially. I have a feeling that they do sell it somewhere, but they're either very hard to find or very expensive.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1008 on: June 03, 2007, 09:41:33 AM »
ahh ok damn. and i thought i could find some cheap cell phones there as well

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #1009 on: June 06, 2007, 08:26:33 AM »
I had to reset my MBR, which messed up my partition tables. How do I edit/fix it?

I think it's causing my computer to think I have more than one instance of windows installed and now it asks which one I want to use, one works and the other one doesn't. It's only my guess that the partition table is responsible though. Could it be something else?

Also windows won't shut down completely, it shows the "windows is shutting down" screen and just hangs, so I have to  manually shut it down. It's a fresh install of windows so I don't know what could be the problem. I googled it and a site says there's a fix in SP1, but I have SP2... I can't get online with it either cause there's something wrong with my onboard lan(sometimes it goes on for less than a second, but it's pretty much dead) So I'll probably have to buy a seperate card. Any recommendations? (I'll probably end up buying the cheapest one I can find)

This sucks since I just bought more memory and a cpu, and can't even enjoy it -____-
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:00:30 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1010 on: June 06, 2007, 10:36:06 AM »
^ That selection is presented from the boot.ini, not from the MBR

It sounds like a second Windows install was done over an already existing one without doing an 'upgrade' or 'repair'.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:36:52 AM by frblckstr1 »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #1011 on: June 06, 2007, 10:59:39 AM »
So can I do something with boot.ini to fix anything?
I formated the partition before I re-installed so I don't know why it's doing this. I've done this before, but this is the first time this happened.

well my lan started working again... so not all is lost.

edit: ok so I realized boot.ini and a bunch of other files are in a partiton that is not the one with windows in it. Is that cause that partition became drive C: ?

Now I'm really regretting making all these partitions...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:17:03 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1012 on: June 06, 2007, 11:25:54 AM »
Question:

What would be a good "cluster" name to use with Share EX2, to look for some "not-so-mainstream" japanese music ???

:?

Offline thatguy

• キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1013 on: June 06, 2007, 04:10:49 PM »
^^
you may want to check your ethernet cable. sometimes the contacts in the terminators will wear down, and if you bend it the wrong way it will drop the connection--not an issue with your onboard lan. worst case, just go out and buy a new cable.

^
"single": シングル
"album": アルバム
that's usually how files are listed under share, as far as music goes. but if you already have those under your cluster keywords, i'm not sure what else to suggest..

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1014 on: June 06, 2007, 04:16:06 PM »
"single": シングル
"album": アルバム
that's usually how files are listed under share, as far as music goes. but if you already have those under your cluster keywords, i'm not sure what else to suggest..
Nope, actually, i didn't have any of those... since i use it mainly to get some lolli stuff...  :grin:

Thanks thatguy, i'll add those two and check it!  :)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1015 on: June 06, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »
edit: ok so I realized boot.ini and a bunch of other files are in a partiton that is not the one with windows in it. Is that cause that partition became drive C: ?
The first 'active' partition' will become C:, so if you delete something 'before' your current D: (containing the boot.ini as you mention) then that very well could become C: on the next re-boot.

!warning next advice might delete data!
The simplest way to correct this is during the XP setup to delete all partitions and create one big C: on the first disk.

Offline nox_xie

• reina's bodyguard
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • tanakacchi_lover
« Reply #1016 on: June 07, 2007, 12:33:44 AM »
^ Not that I know of, at least not officially. I have a feeling that they do sell it somewhere, but they're either very hard to find or very expensive.

got lor but not all model.. some like lg and sharp got ler.. latest one .. oh ya, sony ericsson one also got.. but not all shop got lor.. need to find in kuala lumpur.. sungai wang plaza and lowyat plaza is the place to go if wanna buy..

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1017 on: June 07, 2007, 12:55:58 AM »
ok, recently bought a video iPod for my Dad on father's day.  downloaded and installed the software iTunes.  with iTunes, i could easily drag music into it's library and convert it to fit the iPod if necessary.  but i have no idea how to import videos into iTunes library. i tried dragging it or importing various avi filesm, hoping it would convert as well.  No luck there.  so i think i have to convert it to mp4 format manually by myself, rite?  so i'm wondering what's the best mp4 converter to use to convert avi, divx, Xvid into mp4?  btw i think mpg work with iTunes and iPod, rite? 

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #1018 on: June 07, 2007, 12:59:52 AM »
got lor but not all model.. some like lg and sharp got ler.. latest one .. oh ya, sony ericsson one also got.. but not all shop got lor.. need to find in kuala lumpur.. sungai wang plaza and lowyat plaza is the place to go if wanna buy..

Oh, I didn't know LG, Sharp and Sony Ericsson are Japanese brands XD \

Gotta let Mugen know.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1019 on: June 07, 2007, 02:36:38 AM »
ok, recently bought a video iPod for my Dad on father's day.  downloaded and installed the software iTunes.  with iTunes, i could easily drag music into it's library and convert it to fit the iPod if necessary.  but i have no idea how to import videos into iTunes library. i tried dragging it or importing various avi filesm, hoping it would convert as well.  No luck there.  so i think i have to convert it to mp4 format manually by myself, rite?  so i'm wondering what's the best mp4 converter to use to convert avi, divx, Xvid into mp4?  btw i think mpg work with iTunes and iPod, rite? 
An mpg file will load into itunes straight away, and from there you can right click, and convert it for the ipod, so they are no probs.

For other formats, I'm just using Nero Encode since it's a app I already had, and works fine.

One of the set profiles is for "ipod video", so I just use that, but I also increase the recommended resolution back to standard video resolution, since the ipod can actually handle that. From there, it will go straight into itunes/ipod.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sequence Pulse - Parallel