JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - Alt A

Author Topic: Teach me to use Japanese P2P "Share" please.  (Read 36434 times)

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Teach me to use Japanese P2P "Share" please.
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 02:17:47 AM »
I've never had a problem with the windows firewall.  When I start a new prog for the first time it pops up a box saying something is trying to access the net, and I can allow or deny, and that's it.

I've got a 2nd firewall running as well, just to be safe.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 03:10:04 AM »
Quote from: ebc;246505
lol, I'd actually be leaving the filewall on. Or you might get someone give you a trojan or exploit some Windows service.
What you should try to do is add Share to the exceptions list of the firewall so only Share can accept incoming connections and not all the windows services as well.

I've been firewall-less for like 5 years or something~  and I've never caught anything~
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 07:04:42 AM »
Quote from: Gray;246614
I've been firewall-less for like 5 years or something~ and I've never caught anything~
oh, what about this?
Quote from: Gray
^ Read my post edit, I realized I was behind the windows firewall
You can never be too careful that's all, be sure you're Windows is always up to date too.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 01:45:40 PM »
Thanks

I have another problem: it isn't adding new downloads? please help~~

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 02:23:19 PM »
Most common reasons for that I've seen are if you moved any of the folders (moving an upload folder can cause it to stop accepting new downloads in the down list) and if you just have too many in your list already.  But that limit is somewhere around 50.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 07:05:16 PM »
I didn't do either of those (only had 6 in my download)

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 11:49:26 PM »
Alright, have you added any filters or triggers?  Other reasons I've had something not add was because I had a filter set to prevent it and because a trigger had already downloaded it for me ^^;  Otherwise, are there any error messages on the log page?  Or any of the drives full?

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 01:19:36 AM »
i think the drive was full.  it's working now

Offline limitbreaker02

• Quiet Lowkey Mofo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lovey Dovey ~
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2007, 05:23:41 AM »
I'm hoping for a quick answer. Can you resume your downloads in Share? I kinda need to do some research and need all the bandwidth I can get.

Offline momo23

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2007, 05:30:13 AM »
Quote from: limitbreaker02;297053
I'm hoping for a quick answer. Can you resume your downloads in Share? I kinda need to do some research and need all the bandwidth I can get.

yeah, when you close the program, the file you're downloading is saved in the cache.

when you open share again, the download will resume from where it left off

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 03:12:37 AM »
hiya, so im downloading this .iso file and its been going along fine.  however, today, it seems to have been stuck at 96.3% for the whole day.  Share says i've been download, but the size number doesn't seem to change. Is there something wrong or is the program just slow at updating?
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline momo23

• Member+
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 04:32:39 AM »
Quote from: Shinora;299183
hiya, so im downloading this .iso file and its been going along fine.  however, today, it seems to have been stuck at 96.3% for the whole day.  Share says i've been download, but the size number doesn't seem to change. Is there something wrong or is the program just slow at updating?

maybe there is no one uploading it?

Offline Shinora

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 05:26:37 AM »
but if no one has been uploading it, i should be able to downloading anything correct?  the counter at the bottom is going at 30-100kB/s for a while now
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline momo23

• Member+
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 05:44:19 AM »
Quote from: Shinora;299234
but if no one has been uploading it, i should be able to downloading anything correct?  the counter at the bottom is going at 30-100kB/s for a while now

on the download tab, do you see a percentage?  if you do, it's downloading, if you see xxx/xxx (x is a number), then it's not downloading

in the query tab, entries in yellow have all the pieces ready to download, entries in white are not complete and should not be downloaded until the entry turns yellow (as long as there is an uploader(s) of course)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 05:48:07 AM by momo23 »

Offline Shinora

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 06:07:21 AM »
yea theres a percentage. but the size doesn't seem to be changing.  and i dunno if the entry is in yellow or white, cuz its blue now ><
nvm, its on yellow, so all the pieces are there, but the "downloaded size" doesn't seem to be changing
[

Offline momo23

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007, 06:13:45 AM »
try closing the program and reopening it again, it will reconnect to resume the download since it's saved in the cache

don't know if it will work but it's worth a try

you did say you were getting about 100kb/s on the download, seems weird that the filesize is not going up
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 06:18:08 AM by momo23 »

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2007, 10:36:52 AM »
Check the tasks tab, if it lists that file as downloading then it is.

With share and winny, it's possible for the program to be downloading even if none of the stuff in your queue is.  It could be search node traffic, it could be acting as an intermediary downloading for someone else, it could be downloading from someone that's diffusing a file, or it could be downloading something random essentially for the hell of it.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2007, 08:57:09 PM »
Quote from: soveryshiny;299386
or it could be downloading something random essentially for the hell of it.

Winny once downloaded an episode of Doraemon that I know I never asked for. :doh: XD

Can someone with share have a look and see if 山口百恵 - "MOMOE LIVE PREMIUM" is available.  (Not "MOMOE PREMIUM", that's something else.)
There's an 88mb version on winny but it's fake.  The real version will be somewhere in the region of 700mb, possibly larger.  I don't want anyone to download it for me, just let me know if it's there.  I've not installed share but I will do if it's on there.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Sukebei

• Member+
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2007, 01:49:06 PM »
I have a quick question if anyone wants to answer...so I've got like 40 things in my download tab.  About 10 of them are just 3-6 blocks away from being complete, but they've just stopped and sat there for the last couple days.  Is it just because whoever I was leeching from is now gone or could there be something wrong?  Also, is it necessary to change your node list thing? I just copied a giant list from that one site (don't remember it atm) and things worked so I figured I was good.  I was under the impression that share and winny worked like kazaa and stuff where you could only download complete files and things wouldn't show up in searches unless they were complete copies of the file (maybe I'm wrong about kazaa and them too).
Other FFDShow Guides/Templates: Link1 Link2

Offline momo23

• Member+
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2007, 05:24:32 PM »
Quote from: Sukebei;302780
I've got like 40 things in my download tab.  About 10 of them are just 3-6 blocks away from being complete, but they've just stopped and sat there for the last couple days.  Is it just because whoever I was leeching from is now gone or could there be something wrong?

they may have stopped uploading, thats more than likely why

Quote from: Sukebei;302780

Also, is it necessary to change your node list thing? I just copied a giant list from that one site (don't remember it atm) and things worked so I figured I was good.  I was under the impression that share and winny worked like kazaa and stuff where you could only download complete files and things wouldn't show up in searches unless they were complete copies of the file (maybe I'm wrong about kazaa and them too).

here's a couple of node lists

http://node.nextp2p.info/

http://www.stereoz.net/node/

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - Alt A