JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kamomekamome - Copy and Paste

Author Topic: How and when did you become a Berryz fan?  (Read 16674 times)

Offline i.Love.Music

How and when did you become a Berryz fan?
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »
I saw Risako on a H!P concert and got interested in which group she was singing XD

Offline love_0o

• .:Tanaka-fan:.
  • Member+
Re: How and when did you become a Berryz fan?
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2007, 06:26:44 PM »
my friend listened to them and I saw a concert with them and just started like them..

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2007, 06:59:49 PM »
first listened to their Natsu Natsu Mini Berryz mini-album, checked it out back in summer of 2006 when i started with H!P and MoMusu in general.  they were an H!P group and i got interested.  first song i listen was Jiriri kiteru.  but what really got me into the group was risako, she was too cute...

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2007, 08:13:22 PM »
Around sept of 2006. I'd already been a C-ute fan for awhile and i was like "if I like C-ute, then I'm sure I'd like berryz too'. so i played random songs and liked them, except for a few.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 01:50:00 AM by modesta107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Ahiko

• Member+
  • °C-ute Cutie Power = the BEST!
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2007, 08:57:51 PM »
I'm not interested in Berryz or much paying attention to them. The only Song that i love is Special Generation of them. They have all such not excellent Voices but good for Idols. I'm only for °C-ute, then Airi is in it. When Airi was in Berryz then i would maybe into Berryz.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 08:59:41 PM by Ahiko »

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2007, 11:59:00 PM »
Thanks to arian and her post on Livejournal about Munasawagi Scarlet last year. I saw the performance at Oha! Star and fall completly in love with them.

First time I saw them, I didn't pay much attention on them so, thanks to arian I'm a huge Berryz fan now :P
My favourite member at that time was Risako but then I saw that big kid and I said "ZOMG SHE'S SO TALL, I LOVE HER!" and that's how I started to be a huge Yurina fan  :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline nox_xie

• reina's bodyguard
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • tanakacchi_lover
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2007, 12:21:02 AM »
first of all, when i started listen to j-pop i only came across MM - renai revolution 21 then MM - gogirl koi no victory.. later on i start liking momusu.. then i met with huggumwuggum(late last year) which introduce me to H!P and 21 ji made no cinderella.. now still searching for all their (H!P) song..

Offline yumestarlet

• Hmm~ YES MY LOVE!
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2007, 01:12:54 AM »
Around when MM had released their 'Sexy Boy' single, I was looking for performances/etc. of the song on Youtube, and I came across a fan-made video ( ) with Berryz in it; I'd heard about them before, but I never looked up anything about them or heard any of their songs. But once I saw the video, I wanted to hear some of their actualy songs, so then I came across Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai, and after that Gag 100kai bun Aishite Kudasai; I liked them both a lot, so I became a Berryz fan pretty quickly once I discovered them. ^^

Umeda Erika | Linlin & Junjun | Sugaya Risako & Tokunaga Chinami | Noto Arisa | Sugiura Riho
& MUCH thanks to genericpaperdoll for the lovely ava! :heart:

Egao YES Idols -- New blog on H!P and other J-pop idols!

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2007, 02:06:34 AM »
I'm still a closet fan.  But Special Generation Piriri to Yuko (sp?) made me a fan.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2007, 02:13:39 AM »
hey nox_xie, if u haven't notice and still searching for H!P songs, including BK, u should check out the H!P discography thread at the official JPH!P Archives in the Crack Section.

Offline Daisuki Daiiyo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yabyab
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2007, 06:33:19 AM »
I used to dislike H!PK quite a bit. lol because to me, pretty much every girl group with more than 5 members, is just another MM to me.

Anyway, I first saw the PV for Piriri, and hated it. Then a while later, Koi no Jubaku came out. And damn that song is just so catchy. It really was great, lol even though I didn't want to admit it. And yeah, that's when I really started to like them. After KnJ, they had a string of some really great songs, and really just hooked me.

Yurina :heart:

Offline bot

• The Peace
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2007, 01:37:51 PM »
When did everyone here become a Berryz fan? :O

For me it was when Koi no jubaku came out, but I know there should be older and also newer fans here :)
I think the reason I found Koi no jubaku so likeable was that it was a serious, upbeat song and also that the girls looked so cool in the PV/Ohastar perf. I thought it was impressive such young girls could be so kakkoii/cool/whatever :lol: (Especially Miyabi, I think she's like the queen of "cool")

EDIT: Replied this to Berryz thread at first,  but now I thought might as well turn it into a topic >_> Thanks to Asmodeus for splitting!!!

agreed! I liked piriri to yukou and happiness..... but it was koi no jubaku which made me think that berryz were a group to be reckoned with. then came some SUPERB songs like special generation, jiriri kiteru, gag, munasawagi scarlet, even cinderella! i've definitely preferred their recent relaseas to MM's (last MM I really liked was eons ago-- sexy boy!!)

Respective conversion stories
at first, I liked:
Risako, who was the cutest
Momoko, after watching a really old popjam. or just in conversation, for momokoNESS. i think anyone can recognize this... it's just a quality momoko has in spades, and it's fairly polarizing. Till we can monitor berryz-chlorians, suffice it to say that the force is strong with her.

rather liked:
Chinami, who seemed always cheery
Saki, especially in koinu dan with her incredible sad eyes

and was ambivalent about the rest, although of course, I noticedYurina and Maasa for their height and Miyabi is just recognizable. I had seen yurina and miyabi in kaori's grad concert. the former i thought was pretty awful; she had no expression whatsoever and a mildly sayumish voice. the latter sang the pants off konno, but I didn't think much of it, seeing as how that's hardly a herculean feat. (sorry konno!)

Later, I liked:
Yurina, who has improved hugely in her performance, and is great in her just hanging-out mode.
Maasa, whose craziness is hilarious. i first saw it in a ki do ai raku game on a one of the dvd magazines.
For Miyabi, i saw this (if i find it later, i'll add it) collage of saki and miyabi in which saki's pointing/ staring at her chin in every pic and saying, or thinking, "ago nagee". killer funny. then in munasawagi scarlet she patented the Miyabi brand of pwnage. i definitely agree with cool miyabi too. she could be compared to gotou and fujimoto but i think the latter's too carnivorous and the former too herbivorous. miyabi seems like a lot of fun, and i prefer her to both!

so...... now I've liked every single since koi no jubaku and all the berryz!
gosh! long-winded ramble!

Peeaaaccchhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Phaedra

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2007, 04:04:58 PM »
In theory it was when I first saw Chinami at the H!PK audition and thought she was so lovely that I'd always support any group she was put in.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2007, 04:24:33 PM »
i´m not a "fan" but i like some of their songs... i´ve discover the group thanks to morning musume XD well it was looking for the wonderful hearts concert 2006 and fpund that there was other groups like berryz and also c-ute. But my favorite song is jiriri kiteru X_D don´t ask me why but i enjoy how it sounds, actually is one of my favorites songs of H!P.

Offline Yoshitsune

• Member+
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2007, 03:39:32 AM »
hahaha now thats a long story for me to explain  :P i got my eyes on miya since she got selected in kids ^^ but i told myself she is too young right now, i will wait until she grows up, but after she grew a bit, she wasnt wat i thought i wanted, so i stopped caring....but then berryz got on music fighter promoting Jiriri and it was subbed by hps so i decided to dl it and c if its good, by that time i got my eyes on risako hehehe, so i quickly find as much as old berryz stuff as possible, but watching the past risako i ended up liking the past her instead of the present her..becoz i think she is cuter when she was younger...sigh...(but that doesnt mean i dun like her now hehe :P) however at the same time watching all those berryz stuff, make me realize that miya is really the type of girl i like so fun :inlove: also after reading a lot on momo's thread, learning a lot about her thru tama-chan's posts and watching berryz vids i started liking momo too  :wub: so now i love berryz coz of miya, momo and risako!!   

Offline MooCow

• Member+
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2007, 03:29:19 PM »
I tried to make my 12 year old sister a berryz fan because she kept on noseying when i was watching mm stuff.  :lol:
So i started to download their songs, pvs, concerts etc

Little did i know i fell into their trap. It gets worse - on the way i notice C-ute as well  XD.
So now i like both Berryz and C-ute.  :angry: :D

At least she really has become a Berryz Kobo fan.

Offline Brat-san

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ̣̣̣̣̣
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2007, 03:36:49 PM »
^ Aw that's great MooCow, Berryz do seem like the type that should have quite a few fans that are younger than them or their age. 

I became a fan when I got bored and paid more attention to Special Generation, then I started looking for more. <_<;

Offline bot

• The Peace
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2008, 02:39:15 PM »
collage of saki and miyabi in which saki's pointing/ staring at her chin in every pic and saying, or thinking, "ago nagee". killer funny.
I found it! don't know the original source, i'm afraid.

Peeaaaccchhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2008, 06:25:34 PM »
thank wordsworth..his Too Young fanfic got me to really like Berryz..It didn't hit me fully until a online friend of mine got me some PV's of them and I started listening and was in love with them instantly

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 07:41:53 PM »
My first meeting with two girls of BerryZ was when watching the promo for Minimoni ja Movie Okashi na Daibouken!.

When I listened to their first album, I was like "Wow, but there are LOW ? (specially in Anata nashide wa sekite yukenai)" and the poison was starting to enter in me.

I clearly remember that I said "What the hell, who's singing this way too high with this acute voice ?"... And now, look where is little Momoko, as my avatar  :lol: .

Well, musically, I really liked them very fast... and I confess that now I'm missing their debut's song as Special Generation or Nanchuu koi wo yatteruu you know :heart: BUT I just can't stop following them (and can't wait for Jingisukan !).

I like every girl of BerryZ but I can tell an order : Momo... and Miyabi, and Risako, and Chinami, and Yurina and Masa.

(by the way, I like °C-ute too and there's no competition between them for me : I can't wait for their Nakayoshi Battle Concert Tour 2008 Haru !)

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kamomekamome - Copy and Paste