JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 24 Reverse

Author Topic: (Band) Dir en Grey  (Read 19949 times)

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2007, 05:49:50 AM »
So, is anyone going to catch them in the US opening for the Deftones?
you can check out the dates here:
http://www.myspace.com/officialdirengrey
I've got pit tickets for the San Francisco show. This will be my 4th time seeing them: Showcase tour in New York City, Family Values in Pittsburgh, INWARD SCREAM tour 07 in New York City, and now this. I swear this time I'm going to catch a damn stick, or pick (i'm guessing most of the deftones fans won't put up much of a fight for deg stuff)... Definatly going to Kaoru's side this time. :rockon:

Baba Booey

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2007, 04:44:08 PM »
that's awesome... i never saw them live, they're concerts were always to far from my place! but in Wacken i will see them (^.^)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2007, 06:41:44 AM »
oh! with The Fall of Troy! that's bad ass. (though their recent stuff has been sort of disappointing)

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2007, 07:43:15 PM »
Just a quick little report from deg in San Francisco
Highlights:
There was a scuffle between the venues guards and some bums before the show. One of them had a pet rat on his shoulder named "Taz".
There seemed to be a ton of people there for deg. That made me happy.
The Final was awesome. Always has been.
I was right in front of Kaoru. Got one of his picks (finally)!!!
They sounded really tight.
Toshiya jumped in the crowd right beside me. Patted him on the shoulder.
Kyo was insane.
Kaoru slapped my hand as they were leaving the stage.
Got my copy of The Final signed by Die and shook his hand.

The set was too short, but that's to be expected from an opening band. Also, they played most of the songs from Marrow that I don't really like, I wish they would bust out some old stuff once in a while. It was a good show, though. I rocked out

Baba Booey

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2007, 10:06:15 PM »
how long was the set? i want to know to have an idea of what they are playing on wacken....... 'cause there they'll play an hour...

Offline Koda Achaewa

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2007, 12:34:08 PM »
There was a concert with them just a few days ago in my capital city.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 12:34:33 PM by Koda Achaewa »

Offline Kuja

• Member+
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2007, 06:38:52 PM »
I don't know if they've played in Wacken already, but they played for an hour in Finland also. They mostly played stuff from the new album, but also The Final.

Graphics by Miichan and Yangstars@soompi

Offline Koda Achaewa

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2007, 05:45:51 PM »
was you referring to me?

Offline Kuja

• Member+
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2007, 07:24:57 PM »
No, to robber.

Graphics by Miichan and Yangstars@soompi

Offline Koda Achaewa

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2007, 05:17:49 PM »
okay

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »
Haha it's been a while since anyone made a comment here but I guess I can see why...

Anyways there's a good chance I'll be watching DeG next month so I was jsut wondering if anyone who's seen them recently could tell me what kind of setlist to expect ?

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2007, 10:12:50 PM »
You're mostly going to hear stuff from Marrow and a few from Withering. They play IIID Empire and Mr. Newsman sometimes too. Although, recently they've been playing some older songs like Deity, Riyuu, 24 cylinders, and Rasetsukoku. You'll also hear the new single that's out next month.

check out the most recent set lists here:
http://inwardcomplex.livejournal.com/7265.html

Baba Booey

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2007, 05:10:50 PM »
I saw them on Wacken and they mostly played the Marrow songs...
DOZING GREEN (the new single) definately will be on the new tour! Because the tour is called DOZING GREEN...
On wacken they also played the Final, dead tree and...um...there was another one...... but i think on a headliner concert they'll play much more older songs.... and i think the new version of HYDRA... that should be clear!

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2007, 08:56:13 PM »
Thanks laddies, it's what I was kind of expecting really. I'm probably going for the fact that I'll have seen Kyo and Shinya than the music now but hopefully they can play a few of the older ones on this tour too.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2007, 10:54:35 PM »
Thanks laddies, it's what I was kind of expecting really. I'm probably going for the fact that I'll have seen Kyo and Shinya than the music now but hopefully they can play a few of the older ones on this tour too.

haha. I'm a man, a very immature one, but a man nonetheless.
Anyway, I'm just glad I got to see them play Child Prey live. It would be awesome if they did some more shows similar to Blitz 5 Days, where each concert centered on a specific album.

Baba Booey

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2007, 11:03:34 PM »
Yeah I heard about that and thought it sounded like a cool idea, I'd much prefer it but I'm just grateful I'm seeing them at all to be honest.

Oh don't worry about it; I call everyone laddies, even the ladies...laddie.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2008, 10:25:35 PM »
this thread hasnt been bumped in almost a year...

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cbmMrnKi1Gk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cbmMrnKi1Gk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

new single 'Glass Skin' came out this past week. Pretty fuckin awesome, back to their good stuff after all that Marrow of a Bone bullshit. PV is pretty cool and weird as usual lol

have a take:

Dir en grey - GLASS SKIN

01. GLASS SKIN
02. UNDECIDED
03. AGITATED SCREAMS OF MAGGOTS -unplugged-
04. Ryoujoku no ame [liVE] (YOKOHAMA BLITZ on May 23, 2008)

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2008, 01:06:10 AM »
haha. probably their best song ever. I hope they completely ditched that nu-metal shit, but also hope they don't get completely soft like Sid did :lol:

Also nice to see they got rid of that Viskei BS.

Thanks for the single.

Offline mckool

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2008, 04:06:28 PM »
hey guys,

just back from one of their USA tours last nite!  way cool!

they played mostly 'marrow'/'wither' material, with a few songs from the new album and like two from vulgar.  Kyo's vocals and stage presence have to be experienced LIVE...still with today's technology, all the discs, internet, media, you still GOTTA see them live!

Granted, i am, like the posters above, more into the 'previous' pre-vulgar albums.  But i dig 'marrow' a lot, and even couple songs out of the new album is freaking amazing!!

btw, i first saw and heard about this band in the late 90s while a visit to asia, but didn't get into their music only in from last year or so.  I'm late to rock n' roll music (as with most things in my life...hahah)  So here i was, almost 3-0, going to see DEG live, and packin' with a bunch of teenage kids, i felt like an old fart now  :sweatdrop: hahhaha~~

** got to meet toshiya (bass) and die (gtr) after the show.  It's a funny incident, as i was ripping open the cd package plastic off for them to sign, i missed seeing the dudes.  Toshiya was like calling out to me and look like, 'hey dude, your turn' and smile.  Both guys are really polite and kind in person.. but nevertheless, i have to tell them how much they rock and tell 'em to KEEP rocking even HARDER!!   :pimp:

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2008, 09:58:23 PM »
was thinking about checking them out at the wiltern in a week or so, but if theyre playing a lot of marrow stuff, i dunno. i liked withering to death, but marrow of the bone is horrible... would prefer more old school stuff

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 24 Reverse