JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Dada La

Author Topic: Official NFL Thread  (Read 422885 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Official NFL Thread
« Reply #2140 on: October 16, 2012, 06:04:46 AM »
Chargers were a first half team :lol:

Peyton didn't do a lot but the D raised up and finish them off in the second half

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chargers-lead-broncos-10-0-013843836--nfl.html
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2141 on: October 16, 2012, 06:21:40 PM »
^ That was a hell of a game. I actually turned away and started getting ready for bed at around halftime when everyone was talking about how Peyton looked so sad and a shell of his former self, watched something else, then turned it back on a while later for the hell of it. Denver had just scored the touchdown to get them the lead 27-24 and they were kicking the extra point. Needless to say I was rather surprised, though didn't care enough to continue watching and just went to bed lol.

Then I get up this morning and everyone's singing Peyton's praises :lol:
You know, this reminded me exactly of last year's Denver team. They'd play like crap in the first 3 quarters, then everyone would suddenly wake up around the 4th and Tebow would lead them to a win. Maybe it's not the quarterback, but the team that's the issue? lol

All that said, on a more personal note, I'm more than happy at all the positive press the Dolphins are getting this week. :D We may finally have a team and *gasp* a future??? lol. Well screw a future, there's a "now" even tied with everyone for 1st in the AFC East. I don't think the Jets are as bad as everyone thinks they are, but the Bills may be, and the Pats? I dunno, but they haven't been consistent this year. It's seeming more like they could lose on any given day.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2142 on: October 16, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »
^ I totally agree, it was a hellraiser

Our matchup in fantasy was very close to that but I know this coming week, I'm facing a crisis :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2143 on: October 16, 2012, 07:39:01 PM »
^ Hope so. Long as you don't make the playoffs, I might have a shot :lol:

If you do... Somehow I know it'll be over already. :P

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2144 on: October 17, 2012, 06:22:31 AM »
^ Hope so. Long as you don't make the playoffs, I might have a shot :lol:

If you do... Somehow I know it'll be over already. :P

my team is bunch of rag tag player XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #2145 on: October 17, 2012, 06:59:57 AM »
I've pretty much conceded that I might only get a win or two in the Yahoo league.  Only half of my roster is even worth playing and the other free agents out there aren't really appealing.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2146 on: October 17, 2012, 12:50:33 PM »
I didn't foresee myself starting the season 3-3.. my WRs/TEs are junk. Definitely a little frustrating.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2147 on: October 17, 2012, 08:10:20 PM »
^ You have had some bad luck with Finley and Andre Johnson lol. They've been stars up until now...
That said, people seem to be getting pretty big on Mike Williams, so it might be worth it to try starting him. I'm starting to get worried about the 49ers offense, myself...

Also, watching various Fantasy things this year, I think a big issue for our yahoo league in general is that it's 14 teams lol. I heard a quote from one of the analysts on NFL Fantasy Today yesterday where they were talking about going into waiver wire pickups for "deeper" leagues... meaning 12-team leagues. He then said, "If you're in 14... well, that's just impossible to deal with." XD

I wonder if we have as much interest next year if we shouldn't try splitting into a couple leagues, like 8-10 team ones, maybe even with different rules for a bit of a dynamic? When we were down to the wire filling the last spot I'd received a little interest from another H!P fan I know on facebook, as well as my uncle :lol: He used to play serious fantasy years back. Just a thought ^^ But a 14-team league is rough, not to mention if it grew any more. XD

my team is bunch of rag tag player XD
Doesn't matter. Whenever I play you, my players are cursed. XD

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2148 on: October 25, 2012, 02:34:16 AM »
Referees to throw pink flags in Miami Dolphins-N.Y. Jets game
NFL.com

Gloves and shoelaces won't be the only pink items on the gridiron this week as the NFL continues its recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Referees working Sunday's game between the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets at MetLife Stadium will call penalties by throwing pink flags. The move to ditch yellow and go pink was the brainchild of a fifth-grader, who suggested the idea in a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

"My name is Dante Cano. I am 11 years old and I am from Marlboro, New Jersey. I wanted to know if you could use my idea of pink penalty flags in October for breast cancer awareness," Cano wrote. "Please write back."

Goodell was on board with the idea, and he has invited Cano and his family to present the pink flags to referees before the start of Sunday's game.

"Dante had a great idea and I am looking forward to meeting with him on Sunday to put it into action," Goodell said in a statement released by the NFL. "Sometimes the simplest ideas can be the best. I applaud Dante for sending in his recommendation."

This year marks the NFL's fourth annual recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2149 on: October 29, 2012, 12:58:49 AM »
One finger on the out of bounds line and no TD, TBH if he just landed without the brace= TD

Boys tough loss :smhid
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2150 on: October 29, 2012, 04:45:00 AM »
^A loss from the boys is good for me, it gives sports talk radio something worth listening here.  Tony's 4 INTs were predicted by Terry Bradshaw before the game.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2151 on: October 29, 2012, 06:45:33 PM »
The plowgirls are sinking fast.
Seems like Jerry's world is coming apart at the seams. :P
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2152 on: November 04, 2012, 06:09:29 PM »
Imma thinking the plowgirls gonna drop another one tonite. :yawn:

Texans game today against the Bills, I'll be watching that one.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2153 on: November 04, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »
^ I agree with the Boys going down

I just hope my team does something today :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Ness

• Legend
« Reply #2154 on: November 05, 2012, 04:40:30 AM »
My team the 49ers aren't playing tonight. Bye weeks are difficult. But at least they are 6-2.

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #2155 on: November 05, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »
The Bears continue to dominate (the score was almost 1980's 49ers-esque) while Andrew Luck reminds me of why I have him on my NFL FFL and why I should probably have started him (started Cam Newton instead since I had a bit of doubt).  But what about Doug EFFING Martin?  51 fantasy points (would've been like 53 but Douchebag Schiano wanted to run on the 3 downs before finally taking a knee)!  I bet those top scorers in the NFL FFL are tearing up the scoreboard after that performance against the Gayders.  I might be able to get the highest score this week in my NFL league since I still have Jimmy Graham and Marques Colston left to go tomorrow night.

In other news, I finally got my second win in the JPH!P Yahoo League thanks to some great performances (and some not-so-great performances by my opponent).

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2156 on: November 05, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »
Bears vs. Texans coming up, that'll be good.  Eagles desperately need a W tonight and da boys lose another one.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2157 on: November 06, 2012, 06:06:52 PM »
Texans rolling, plowgirls in the gutter.  :P
Looking forward to next SNF, Texans and da Bears.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #2158 on: November 06, 2012, 10:57:54 PM »
The Texans vs. Bears match-up is gonna be a good one.  Both defenses have been dominant in their own way and their offenses have been stable and consistent week in and week out.  I hear the points spread in Vegas is gonna be pretty small for this game.  I loved the way the Bears D has just been crushing their opponents at times but I'm rooting for the Texans as I always have since their inception into the NFL back in 2002.  It'd be nice for this franchise to go to the Super Bowl within their first decade of playing.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2159 on: November 10, 2012, 07:47:20 PM »
^ inflated records mang, matchups on any given Sunday can fuck you up! Urlacher BRINGING IT TO DA HAUS!

FUCK! how long have i been reeeling with this Eagles losing streak prolly since the last time i posted in here XD AND my Fantasy is like winless SSSHIT someone give me a break :P not even Amp!!

The worst looking 3-5 team ever, I mean SHIT not even a glimmer of big play-ness on either side. JASON PETERS WHERE THE FUCK!! not even a horde of replacement ref memes can make me fuckin not lose my mind over this goddamn O-LINE PROTECT THE FRANCHISE!! else Marcus is gonna go anal on your ass! Real men wear pink, give him some time and he will make the play I BELIVE IN MIKE VICK!!

The defense just hasn't been the same since DAWK left. how I got chillz when he crawled outta the tunnel.

TIME IS NOW!!!

YOU! TDUCK. Thimas. Cowboys going down Steve Hill!!

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Dada La