JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Komacchau Na

Author Topic: Official NFL Thread  (Read 423026 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Official NFL Thread
« Reply #2260 on: February 01, 2013, 11:10:27 AM »
^ We can move on past that :lol:

Predictions?

Ravens 17-14

Tucker gets the game winner
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2261 on: February 01, 2013, 02:03:04 PM »
I changed my mind, I'd like SF to win, why?  1) Spite cowboys fans, 2) Ray Lewis may be a great player but the guy was convicted of obstructing a murder investigation if I remember correctly.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2262 on: February 01, 2013, 05:10:48 PM »
I'll be bold

Flacco SB MVP :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2263 on: February 01, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »
^ We can move on past that :lol:

Predictions?

Ravens 17-14

Tucker gets the game winner

I'm thinking both offenses are gonna pick the opposing defenses apart but I agree with your winning pick. I just think it'll be more like 28-24 or 31-24.

I changed my mind, I'd like SF to win, why?  1) Spite cowboys fans, 2) Ray Lewis may be a great player but the guy was convicted of obstructing a murder investigation if I remember correctly.

1) I have no problem with that at all lol
2) He did 'obstruct justice' in a murder case but was given leniency for cooperating and testifying against the other people he was with. I've no idea what really happened that night but one thing that bothers me, and I'm not AT ALL saying this is what you're doing, is that people act like he did it and that his career should have an asterisk on it when he was never convicted for murder. All he did was what his mama taught him to do. NOT snitch. *channels my inner Katt Williams* I'll say it again, NOT snitch. But then he snitched. So yea, lol.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline ViperVisor

« Reply #2264 on: February 02, 2013, 06:56:04 AM »
49ers need to pass and hit the RBs and TEs over the middle. Ray Lewis can not run sideline to sideline and cover anymore. He is a weak link.

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #2265 on: February 03, 2013, 07:18:37 AM »
Well, I'm kinda torn in who I want to win because no matter what, the Harbaugh household is gonna have a Lombardi trophy.  I'm gonna say right now that if the game is decided by a FG by Akers, I'm gonna be literally watching close to the screen.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2266 on: February 04, 2013, 12:09:59 AM »
GAME TIME?! HOOO HOOO hoooo HOOOOW WOOOF WOOOFFF!!

as much as I wanna pull for Randy Moss and Akers, Cap has got a great brain but the wideouts are iffy, just shut down Vernon Davis FUCK they never used Frank Gore enough!!! and THE DEEP THREAT of Flacco on playmakers like Torrey Smith and Boldin SHIT! they can make something out of nothing!! It may be all "We're doing it for Ray" but really Baltimore needs to stand down, if they can do what they did to the power offenses of New England and Denver, Jim Harbaugh Pistol will get SHOT tonite. Gonna be close but I got Ravens by 10 . Ray Lewis going out on TOP!!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2267 on: February 04, 2013, 01:39:51 AM »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2268 on: February 04, 2013, 01:59:53 AM »
^ :roll:

FUCKING great just need to close it FLACCO what the fuck was that fake play oh man hope itdoesn't bit em in the ass but looks like CAP is rattled he ain't running slidign WTF is that last play, at least a pass attempt coulda stopped the clock for one more play.

It's gonna be tighter towards the end that's FO SHO everyone nerves are rattled, like BOLDIN WHOA dropped the ball. HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE RAY RICE UP THE MIDDLE DATS MONEY!!!  Ravens should have 28 at least but good shit. MAKE ME SOME MONEYS!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2269 on: February 04, 2013, 02:38:12 AM »
LOL Beyonce killed the power??! XD

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #2270 on: February 04, 2013, 04:50:17 AM »
Everybody who went with the spread won (which is probably a lot of people).  I have to say that Jerome Boger sabotaged the 49ers' chance since he made a couple of horrible no-calls (there was a definite hold on Jacoby Jones's KR TD and a hold in the end zone on the 49ers final drive of the game).
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2271 on: February 04, 2013, 04:56:25 AM »
^ it was a great game and tbh I was still rooting for both sides bc I wanted a great game.

And you know thr blackout will bigger than the game

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2272 on: February 04, 2013, 05:18:59 AM »
great call on Flacco for MVP kuro!

awesome game. kept my on the edge of my seat the whole time.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2273 on: February 04, 2013, 05:21:11 AM »
NO WEAPON AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER

what an ultimate game!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT. There was no-calls on both sides so shit evened out. Kap gonna get his no doubt about it. I hope Randy

lol I bet the ravens to win (3+ pts) instead of tie (3 pts) DAMN SAFETY! but still fucking nail biter. Moss comes back, they gotta get more reps - Flacco just cool and calm BOLDIN CLUTCH. CONGRATS RAY LEWIS! Fuckin Motivational Speeches let's watch in slow motion, whatta career best fuckin MLB in history!!

Vernon DAVIS SHIT was incredible. and Jacoby JONES LMFAO you knews he was gonna break. Outside power feed, they gotta check dat. Just goes to show what you do if you never stop giving up!! GOAL LINE STAND beautiful. where's the press conference links????

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Re: Official NFL Thread
« Reply #2274 on: February 04, 2013, 06:07:32 AM »
great call on Flacco for MVP kuro!

awesome game. kept my on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Thnx XD I felt whoever did win the game the QB would get the honor, both were better than expected with the pressure placed upon them.

Also don't doubt Kaepernick, he will make himself a name in the league and I have a feeling they might come bak and win it next year.

Damn good game!

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2275 on: February 06, 2013, 08:23:24 PM »
Jacksonville Jaguars unveil new logo

The Jacksonville Jaguars will have a new logo for the first time since the team's inception in 1995.
FOX Sports Florida Staff Reports | February 5, 2013

The Super Bowl is barely in the books, but the Jacksonville Jaguars are ready to move on from a disastrous 2012 and forge ahead to 2013 with a fresh start all around.

In January they hired a new GM (Dave Caldwell) and a new coach (Gus Bradley) and on Tuesday the team unveiled its new logo.

The Jaguars' primary logo hasn't changed since the team's inception in 1995. Shad Khan, entering his second season as owner of the club, sees it as a bold rebranding for the club.

"Nothing brings a team more to life than a team logo," said Khan, who also introduced a team theme -- "Stand United" -- for 2013.

“From this day, the Jacksonville Jaguars will live a brand mission of being proud, bold and committed in everything we do. Our new logo and campaign theme are the first initiatives of what will be many examples of bringing this philosophy to life. A new era for the Jaguars begins today.”

The team's new uniforms are expected to be revealed in April.

The logo change wasn't drastic, though it does give the Jaguar a more realistic look, the teal tongue, nose and eyes notwithstanding.

The team said it took fan feedback into account. Specific design changes included a realignment of the jaw, a re-positioning of the ear and the addition of white around the mouth.

Aside from the logo, the team said it is also is looking into upgrading its video board, though not likely in time for the 2013 season. One concept the Jaguars are investigating would make it the largest video board in the league, surpassing the one at Houston's Reliant Stadium.
FULL ARTICLE - http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/02/05/13/Jacksonville-Jaguars-unveil-new-logo/msn_landing.html?blockID=859411

I would not agree with the claim that this is a "new" logo, per se. If anything, it's just a redesigned/updated look of the original. That being said though, it DOES look much better than the original, IMO.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2276 on: February 06, 2013, 09:36:37 PM »
^ the hope is that the team DO better than the previous year.  Then again it is run by a person that they will take anything make them look better maybe they will with a great draft :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2277 on: February 10, 2013, 12:34:04 AM »
Oh the irony is delicious with this one...:rofl:

Super Bowl blackout caused by faulty device - Power failure cut lights in the Superdome for 34 minutes
The Associated Press | Posted: Feb 8, 2013 10:11 AM ET | Last Updated: Feb 8, 2013 4:19 PM ET

The company that supplied electricity to the Super Bowl took the blame Friday for the power outage that brought the big game to a halt, explaining that a device designed specifically to prevent a blackout failed and plunged the game into darkness for more than half an hour.

The device called a relay had been installed to protect the Superdome from problems in the cable that links the company's incoming power line with the lines that run into the stadium.

Officials from Entergy New Orleans said the relay functioned with no problems during January's Sugar Bowl and other earlier events. It has been removed and will be replaced.

All systems at the Superdome are now working, and the dome was to host a major Mardi Gras event Saturday night, said Doug Thornton, an executive with SMG, the company that manages the stadium for the state.

The device was installed in a building near the stadium known as "the vault," which receives a line directly from a nearby Entergy substation. Once the line reaches the vault, it splits into two cables that go into the Superdome.

Sunday's power failure cut lights to about half of the stadium for 34 minutes, halting play between the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers.

Not long after Friday's announcement, the manufacturer of the relay, Chicago-based S&C Electric Co., released a statement saying that the blackout occurred because system operators had put the device's so-called trip setting too low to allow the device to handle the incoming electric load.

The statement did not name the operators, but the equipment was owned and installed by Entergy New Orleans, a subsidiary of New Orleans-based Entergy Corp.

"If higher settings had been applied, the equipment would not have disconnected the power," said Michael J.S. Edmonds, vice-president of strategic solutions for S&C.

In a follow-up statement, Entergy said that tests conducted by S&C and Entergy on the two relays at the Superdome showed that one worked as expected, the other did not.

Entergy spokesman Mike Burns said both relays had the same trip setting.

Entergy's announcement came shortly before company officials were to answer questions about the outage from a committee of the City Council, which is the regulatory body for the company.

During the committee hearing, City Council member Susan Guidry asked Entergy executives whether they were "fairly certain" that the relay was faulty.

"That is correct," said Dennis Dawsey, an Entergy vice-president.

However, when asked if the outage was caused by the design or a defect in a part of the equipment, Entergy New Orleans CEO Charles Rice said that had not been determined.

"The equipment did not function properly," Rice said. "At this particular time, based upon our analysis, we cannot say definitively that there was a defect in design. What we do know is that the equipment for some unknown reason, at this particular time, did not react the way that it should have."

Asked if Entergy and SMG still plan to hire a third-party investigator to get to the bottom of the cause, Rice said that possibility remains open.

"We'll work closely with SMG, and if there is a need for a third-party investigation, we will do that," Rice said, adding that Entergy was also working with the manufacturer.

Shabab Mehraeen, an assistant professor of electrical engineering at Louisiana State University, said the relay device is a common electrical fixture in businesses and massive facilities such as the Superdome.

"They are designed to keep a problem they sense from becoming something bigger, like a fire or catastrophic event," said Mehraeen, who holds a doctorate from the Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla, Mo.

The devices vary in size. Mehraeen, who was not familiar with the relay at the Superdome, said he "wouldn't be surprised if it was bigger than a truck."

Mehraeen said the reasons the devices fail are the subject of much academic research into the interaction of relays with the complex electrical systems they regulate.

"It's not unusual for them to have problems," he said. "They can be unpredictable, despite national testing standards recommended by manufacturers."

Entergy and SMG had both upgraded lines and equipment in the months leading up to the Super Bowl. Rice said the new switching gear, with the faulty relay, was installed as part of a $4.2 million upgrade by Entergy, including the installation of a new power line dedicated solely to the stadium.

In a separate project, SMG replaced lines coming into the stadium after managers expressed concerns the Superdome might be vulnerable to a power failure like the one that struck Candlestick Park during an NFL game in 2011. That outage was blamed at least partly on a transformer explosion.

Thornton stressed Friday that the dome was drawing only about two-thirds of its power capacity Super Bowl night, and said typical NFL games in late August or September can draw a little more.

City officials had worried that the Super Bowl outage might harm New Orleans' chances of getting another NFL championship game.

But NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell downplayed that possibility, saying the NFL planned to keep New Orleans in its Super Bowl plans. Mayor Mitch Landrieu said the city intends to bid for the game again in 2018.
© The Associated Press, 2013
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2013/02/08/sp-nfl-super-bowl-power-outage-bad-device.html

:on lol: :on lol: :on lol:

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2278 on: February 10, 2013, 01:47:58 AM »
^well u know next year the jokes r going to b flying around

Coldest super bowl temperature set in negative degrees

:on lol:

Posted by PWO fail master

Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2279 on: February 11, 2013, 06:04:23 PM »
That's such a cool case study. I wanna know what kinda generator they use and whose switch gear they specified!!!! I've only seen the shit they protect the airport. Do it up IEEE Spectrum!! WIN WIN WIN

FUCK YES mike Vick resigns 1 year deal means my jersey won't go to waste XD

Now get some fuckin 500 lb O linemen Chip!!!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Komacchau Na