JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Secret - Sexy

Author Topic: Official NFL Thread  (Read 423071 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official NFL Thread
« Reply #1581 on: September 10, 2010, 06:21:51 PM »
Bills shelve LB Kawika Mitchell

Associated Press

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills placed linebacker Kawika Mitchell on injured reserve on Friday, two days after the seven-year veteran hurt his foot in practice.

A backup to Andra Davis, Mitchell was coming back from a right knee injury that forced him to miss the final 11 games last season after he went on IR.

To replace Mitchell, the Bills signed free-agent linebacker Akin Ayodele. Ayodele, who practiced with the team Friday, is entering his ninth season. He joins the Bills after being released by Denver last month.

Ayodele started 15 games last year with the Miami Dolphins, who the Bills open their season against on Sunday.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1582 on: September 10, 2010, 06:23:06 PM »
Marc Colombo, Kyle Kosier won't play

By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Starting right tackle Marc Colombo and starting left guard Kyle Kosier will miss the Dallas Cowboys' regular-season opener against the Washington Redskins on Sunday night.

"It doesn't look like they're going to play," coach Wade Phillips said Friday.

Veterans Alex Barron (tackle) and Montrae Holland (guard) will start against the Redskins.

Colombo and Kosier, who are both recovering from knee injuries, should be ready to return to practice next week before the Week 2 game against the Chicago Bears, Phillips said.

Colombo had arthroscopic surgery Aug. 16 to remove five loose particles from his right knee. Kosier suffered a sprained MCL in his right knee Aug. 18.

Phillips noted Kosier's recovery has gone faster than expected. but Colombo's recovery has gone a little slower.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1586 on: September 13, 2010, 09:51:56 AM »
HOW ABOUT DEM COWBOYS!?!

Fuck finally the first full Sunday of football and I'M LOVING IT!!! Kolb goes the fuck down, EVERYONE gets hurt like Weaver & Jamaal Jackson and WTF where did this Vick come from? Beats all that wildcat shit they made him do, fucking Start HIM NOW ANDY.

Don't do something retarded like trade your best player...oh wait..

Man, seeing McNabb scramble like that was awesome. He prolly still got gel more with his weapons, and Portis and Larry Johnson could get younger but shit crazy as fuck ending - all came down to a holding. HAHAHA!!!

And that's the reality, despite all the Sprint commercials and goody two shoes images: your superstars are two prominent black dynamic insta-highlight quarterbacks.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1587 on: September 14, 2010, 02:16:17 AM »

Oh yeah, T-Rac!!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1588 on: September 14, 2010, 02:37:17 AM »
GJ T-rac XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1589 on: September 14, 2010, 08:56:55 AM »
well Ryan Mathews ain't shit!! take the Chargers outta their Sunny home and they slipping all over each other :lol: When the fuck is V-Jax gonna be back? then again, they always start slow so fuck

Looked forward to the MNF earlier...RAY LEWIS ROCKING KELLERS HAHAHA

Offline beanburrito

« Reply #1590 on: September 14, 2010, 09:38:51 PM »
well Ryan Mathews ain't shit!! take the Chargers outta their Sunny home and they slipping all over each other :lol: When the fuck is V-Jax gonna be back? then again, they always start slow so fuck

Looked forward to the MNF earlier...RAY LEWIS ROCKING KELLERS HAHAHA

He got knocked so stupid, on the last play of the drive on 4th down he ran out of bounds short of the first down with no one near him. I think Ray hit him so hard he permanently heard footsteps or something.  :(
Still that hit was no Ochocinco hit like last year Ray did. He's gonna murder another person by end of his career.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1591 on: September 17, 2010, 12:29:23 AM »

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1592 on: September 20, 2010, 03:53:43 AM »
Cowboys 0-2, hahahaha. Vick gets Philly a W.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1593 on: September 20, 2010, 04:23:55 AM »
To Brandon Jacobs,

too bad you weren't a QB, b/c you threw your helmet far  :lol:

-Kuro
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1594 on: September 20, 2010, 07:50:16 AM »
^Lol...I missed that, I should have kept watching the game.

Woo...Chargers won, too bad the game was blacked-out ._.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1595 on: September 20, 2010, 08:02:49 AM »
^ I never saw the event, but I assume that it was funny

my team is tomorrow, go 49ers!

The story here
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:54:57 PM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1596 on: September 21, 2010, 09:22:48 AM »
LOL what a crazy MNF. All those commentators on Brees cock at the last minute "Don't give him too much time on the clock" ssshit son. Good for the 49ers tho, Alex Smith looked decent for once.

FUCK LMFAO! All the NFC East teams lost except Eagles. McNabb got all those yardage but Titans came back to beat em...Skins DEFENSE  XD

Loving Vick's performance....he's a real trooper hanging in even tho FUCK KOLB HE GO EAT SHIT

gotta give him mad props for the adversity never giving up "it's not over till the ball touches the ground" and totally owning his situation he got himself in, not blaming others: “It’s been a long road for me. It’s been tough. Throughout it all, I had to be resilient and overcome a lot of adversity and self-inflicted wounds.”

Makes me wanna get a Vick jersey - if I had money lol

And shit. You never wanna see this..

Denver Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley was found dead in his home Monday in an apparent suicide.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson said authorities were called to McKinley’s home in Centennial at 3:35 p.m. local time and found his body in the second-floor master bedroom. He said detectives believe McKinley, 23, was killed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Kenny McKinley, a fifth-round pick out of South Carolina in 2009, was on the Broncos' injured reserve with a leg injury this season.

There's always the CFL man!! RIP...

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1597 on: September 22, 2010, 12:01:00 AM »
Guess the Jets really are just the bunch of thugs I took em as... That's all right. Revis down, now maybe Edwards. I'm happy to see Jets "stars" dropping like flies before Sunday night's game with my Dolphins. :yep:

Jets' Edwards arrested for DWI

NEW YORK (AP) -- New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards  was arrested Tuesday on charges of driving while intoxicated after officers pulled him over because his SUV had excessive tinting on its windows, police said.

Edwards was pulled over on the west side of Manhattan around 5:15 a.m., and officers noticed a strong smell of alcohol, said chief NYPD spokesman Paul Browne.

Edwards was given a breath test at the scene and another at a police station. His blood alcohol level was .16, twice the legal limit, officials said. There were four other people in the SUV at the time.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/09/21/jets.edwards.dui.ap/index.html#ixzz10BlGIs4m

I thought I would do something a bit silly here... So for years and years I've been following the Power Rankings for NFL and occasionally some other leagues on the sports sites. This week though I disagree with a lot of the rankings I've seen. So I thought, what the hell, why don't I make my own? I'm following the league closer this year with JPHiPFL and my own interest, so what the hell. I don't have a blog of my own really, so I thought I'd post this to my dear JPHiP's NFL thread. dai, feel free to kick my ass if this is too dumb, and healthy criticisms are always welcome. ;)

Rokun's NFL Power Rankings: Week 2 Edition

32: Buffalo Bills (0-2)
Coming from one of the best divisions in the league, the Bills are looking every bit the fodder for the others that they appeared before the season. Their offense can't seem to do anything right, and their defense? While they won't likely be the last team to allow the Packers 34 points, it's still no sun and roses. With QB Edwards benched in favor of Ryan Fitzpatrick for week 3 against the Patriots, perhaps they'll be able to pull something together. It won't be enough to save them from 0-3 though.

31: Carolina Panthers (0-2)
Another team with quarterback troubles, Carolina will look in week three to Notre Dame rookie Jimmy Claussen to get some experience for next season. That's right - next season. When you turn over the reins to a questionable rookie quarterback so early, you've already given up. Either that, or very desperate. A bad loss to surprise 2-0 Tampa following a not-so-close week one loss to the Giants, who turned around to get splattered by the other Manning and the Colts, doesn't seem to give much hope to the franchise. Then again, perhaps the Bucs are just really that good.

30: St. Louis Rams (0-2)
Another team with losses to two bad teams, the Rams look to right the ship as promising QB Sam Bradford continues to develop. They deserve their spot at this point, but they might be worth keeping an eye on later in the season. That defense has looked nigh atrocious, although they haven't allowed huge point totals to promising offenses.

29: Cleveland Browns (0-2)
Losing to two 2-0 teams to start the season doesn't usually put you this low, does it? Well, I think it does for the time being when those two teams are the Bucs and Chiefs. Not to take anything away from those upstarts, but two losses is still two losses to teams who have yet to fully prove themselves. Don't look for the Browns to right the ship this week at Baltimore under Seneca Wallace. Will they even score 10 points? I hope not, since the Ravens' D is my fantasy pick.

28: Oakland Raiders (1-1)
The Raiders won a game this week, if just against the lower-rated Rams. With promising talent above them from some 0-2 clubs, they still end up low in the rankings. Another team with a quarterback problem, with his performance in week 2 a guy named Bruce Gradkowski might just get the job to try and right this pirate ship.

27: San Francisco 49ers (0-2)
For a team that big things were expected of, the 49ers have sadly been quite lacking thus far this season. QB Alex Smith has really got to start finding his targets to support Frank Gore's running game. Gore so far has been carrying the burden of half the teams offensive yardage production and all of its points. The defense looked better against New Orleans, but a close home showing against a Super Bowl championship team I think is feeling a letdown is not near impressive enough to make up for their 31-6 trouncing by Seattle in week one.

26: Detroit Lions (0-2)
While they still have some work to do, the Lions still haven't gotten used to the ways of winning in dropping two close contests against da Bears and Philly. They earn a spot toward the upper end of the 0-2 teams due to Jahvid Best's beastliness, but they really will hope to get Matthew Stafford back, as I don't think Shaun Hill will be able to cut it making up for a defense that has so far been ravaged by resurgent Jay Cutler and Mike Vick.

25: Dallas Cowboys (0-2)
Many analysts' pick to go deep into the playoffs and perhaps hold the Super Bowl in their own stadium, the 'Boys have looked nigh horrendous with no running game and a porous defense. Another victim of Cutler, at least Romo is still putting up the passage yardage. Still, a 1-1 TD-Interception ratio isn't gonna cut it when you have no running game. One thing working in their favor - the Redskins and Bears have made positive strides this season and may be better than many thought. Still, it doesn't excuse losses to them from a Super Bowl pick. Things don't get easier as they travel down the road to Houston in week three. If the Cowboys fall to 0-3 or worse, Wade Phillips might be casting some nervous looks up to Jerry Jones' owner's box.

24: Minnesota Vikings (0-2)
Right there with Dallas, the Vikings' issues do not have to do with their defense or running game (AP is still a beast), but rather a thus far horrendous passing game. If Brett Favre wasn't Brett Favre, people would be looking at the team and wondering why they let this guy throw downfield. He has no one to throw it to until they get a rumoured trade with San Diego for V. Jax or Sidney Rice back from his injury, and he seems better at finding the defenders than connecting with Bernard Berrian or also-injured Percy Harvin. The two teams they've lost to - the Saints and the Dolphins - still have to prove themselves to me a bit more.

23: Arizona Cardinals (1-1)
The Cards were lookin' good slipping by the Rams before getting blown out of the stadium by the also-questionable Falcons, and are left wondering if Derek Anderson is really the answer to replace hot-footing Kurt Warner. Maybe they should hand the ball off to Tim Hightower more, as he's been a solid contributor through two weeks so far. Still, they're tied with Seattle in what is beginning to look like a very sub-par NFC West that could be up for grabs depending on whose potential begins to get fulfilled the quickest. In the end, I'm not really betting on the Cardinals.

22: Seattle Seahawks (1-1)
Thus far my highest-rated team out of the NFC West, the 'Hawks showed the Pete Carroll potential in splattering the 49ers, another team expected to challenge for the division title. Things won't get easier for QB Matt Hasselbeck next week vs. the Chargers, but at least the soft NFC West schedule might translate into some wins. Don't expect a wild card to come out of this division, however.

21: Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1)
After a sub-par showing by the Chargers in week one, they returned to San Diego to spank some East Coast vacationers... namely the Jacksonville Jaguars. We'll see in coming weeks if it was just jet lag, but the Jags need to pick it up from their showing there as well as a "just enough" effort against suspect Denver if they want a shot at a wild card spot. That's right - wild card. In the AFC South every team is at least decent and fighting to displace the Colts as division champs, so in that scenario the Jags may just end up on the short end of the stick with how impressive-looking the rest of the AFC is at this point too. Jones-Drew needs to start running like we all know he's capable of.

20: New York Giants (1-1)
Eli came back down to earth in a big way after setting foot in big brother's house, and the Giants looked horrendous against a team that had the previous week allowed Arian Foster to run all over them. A 31-18 win against a Carolina team with loads of issues as the only other evidence of what they can do is so far rather insufficient. Eli seems to be fine finding Manningham and Hakeem Nicks down the field and in the end zone, but he needs another reliable short target other than Steve Smith. If he can't find one, that interception total (already tied for second in the league with four) will keep rising along with the times he finds himself flat on his back, and not in a good, JPHiP-approved way.

19: Denver Broncos (1-1)
Kyle Orton has looked good, following up a strong pre-season showing, which makes me happy since he's my back-up QB for the week Peyton has to sit... The running game led by Knowshon Moreno (isn't that an awesome name??) hasn't produced huge yardage, but at least is producing scores as when the Broncos pounded Seattle 31-14 on Sunday. Still, with a loss to Jacksonville they need to prove themselves a little bit more in order to show they may be back after the horrendous letdown since going 6-0 to begin last season. A home date with the Colts could certainly go a long way toward it, but I'm not sure if Orton is ready to outscore Peyton Manning quite yet.

18: Tennessee Titans (1-1)
The Titans showed this week how they can struggle without Chris Johnson getting big numbers, though it's questionable how close the game really was, as the Steelers were up 19-3 with a minute to go before a score and a 2 along with a gimmick onside kick recovery. Since their only other body of work was a trouncing of the Raiders in Nashville, I hesitate to put them higher. They can prove their worth the next three weeks at the Giants and Dallas, and hosting the Broncos. They also must fix their quarterback issues.

17: San Diego Chargers (1-1)
The Chargers looked much better this week against the Jags, with a balanced attack featuring Rivers and the Mike Tolbert/Ryan Mathews combo. Gates as tight end is obviously the go-to guy still, and I'm sure many fantasy owners are quite content with him so far. I hope the Chargers do end up dealing Vincent Jackson because I think they're fine without him, but I'm not sure where is best for him to make a new home. They're down in the rankings for now, but look for them to rise as the season progresses and they shed their off-the-field issues.

16: Philadelphia Eagles (1-1)
I, along with many others, am dubious about the return of Kevin Kolb to the starting line up for Philly, though it comes at an opportune time for him against a Jacksonville secondary that has more holes than a jaguar has spots. It should translate into a W for him next week, but if he doesn't show his stuff after that versus the 'Skins, 49ers and Falcons, I wonder if we could be seeing Vick again anyway. That is, if they haven't already traded him by then. They otherwise have a balanced attack offensively with McCoy finding the endzone regularly, but that defense needs to start keeping teams from finding it themselves.

15: Washington Redskins (1-1)
McNabb looked great on Sunday in their loss to the Texans, but a loss is still a loss. Fortunately for Washington it was against an AFC team, and they already have a victory over the Cowboys under their belts. If McNabb can feast on the Eagles' and Giants' suspect secondaries as well, they may be a dark horse for a championship in the division which, before the season started, was predicted as perhaps the toughest in the league. Then again, that was before the teams dropped 3 of 4 games over the weekend. Look for Clinton Portis to help the passing game out in what should be a bit of a breather at St. Louis, though it could also be a shootout as the defense showed holes in giving up almost 500 yards to Matt Schaub.

14: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-0)
Two wins to start the season at a nice 2-0 over weak teams has Tampa feeling good about themselves. An offense unable to score more than 20 points against both the Browns and Panthers might find themselves snapped abruptly back to reality though as Pittsburgh comes to town this Sunday. QB Josh Freeman is looking efficient, but with TE Kellen Winslow as his main target so far, if the Steelers are able to clamp down on the short passing lanes he could be forced into errors trying to throw it downfield. Carnell Williams is racking up a lot of attempts for a low average, so I'm not sure how much help he'll be versus Pitt's front seven. Freeman might find himself running for his life more often than he'd like.

13: Baltimore Ravens (1-1)
That defense is looking good, but the Ravens need to get more positive production out of studs Flacco and Ray Rice if they want to win more games in this league. Still, in a first two weeks where defenses have by and large ruled the roost, the Ravens have to like where they're perched. 35-year-old Ray Lewis looks like he hasn't slowed down one bit, and they've got a hodgepodge of games coming up with Cleveland at home followed by a trip to Pittsburgh (which I see ending up 9-6 perhaps), and Denver coming in before what'll be a tell-tale trip to Foxborough for this defense.

12: Cincinatti Bengals (1-1)
With a defense that may have allowed many more points had Flacco not turned the ball over so much and the offense featuring Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens not yet seeming to click, the Bengals continue to have questions after a narrow week two win at home against the Ravens. If the offense gets their act together they may be able to stay with anyone in scoring, especially with the likes of Carolina, Cleveland and the Bucs coming up the next few weeks, but when faced with a team with a potent offense as well as a modest defense, such as the Patriots when they wasted them in week one, they may continue to struggle even to make the playoffs, nevermind winning their division once Roethlisberger comes back from his suspension if he's anywhere near as dangerous as he once was.

11: Kansas City Chiefs (2-0)
What to do with the Kansas City Chiefs? They've managed two wins, including one over rival San Diego, despite a quarterback with a 55.8 rating. The good news is that seems to be the main issue, with their defense holding that potent Chargers attack as well as the Browns to 14 points and Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones performing well in their shared roles in the backfield. They also so far seem to be able to make the plays to win somehow, so they will be interesting to watch as the season drags on.

10: New England Patriots (1-1)
After lighting it up in week one against a sturdy Bengals squad, Tom Brady & co. came down to earth last Sunday when they faced a Jets team without Darrelle Revis for the last half, when Mark Sanchez led them to pull away. Their defense definitely seems suspect against the Jets O which looked horrible in week one as well as what began as trash time against Cincinatti, so they'll have to hope Tom Brady can outscore their opponents. That's probably golden on many nights, but could pose some issues when he goes up against the Peyton Manning, Matt Shaub & Arian Foster, or one of the good-looking defenses appearing in the AFC such as the Steelers' or Dolphins'.

9: New York Jets (1-1)
After a dismal showing when they hosted Baltimore, the Jets let Sanchez loose on the Patriots' D this past weekend. The laziness injury to Darrelle Revis didn't seem to affect their own D in the second half, but with more off-the-field worries with WR Braylon Edwards today, the team who always seems to have a cloud of controversy surrounding them looks to not change that one bit leading up to their next big division contest at Miami this weekend. Sanchez will have to air it out against a staunch Miami defense which will look less like New England's and more like Baltimore's if they want to lay their claim to the division lead. Otherwise they'll have a lot of questions to answer as they travel to Buffalo to begin an easier three-game stretch in the following weeks.

8: Chicago Bears (2-0)
The Bears have managed to go 2-0 as Jay Cutler attempts to save coach Lovie Smith's job, polishing off the reeling Cowboys and the Lions. Neither game looked pretty, and although they can't run with Matt Forte, at least he catches passes for touchdowns. That could be a problem for Cutler in the future though unless young Johnny Knox and Devin Hester continue to rise as downfield threats. If they do, and if their offensive line can start putting it together so Cutler's not running for his life for half the game, the Bears could be a dangerous team and possibly compete in shoot-outs with Green Bay for the division title.

7: Miami Dolphins (2-0)
As a die-hard Dolphins fan I shudder at not putting them higher, but right now it's quite a three-way logjam in the AFC East that should be cleared up considerably in the next two weeks as the Dolphins host both the Jets and Pats. Their defense is looking monstrous so far against a weak Bills attack and then harrassing Favre all day, but Offensive Coordinator Dan Henning really needs to open up the playbook for Chad Henne and Brandon Marshall, perhaps similarly to how Sanchez was let loose last week. Since this could potentially be only an addition to their already rather strong game, they could be another dangerous team whose mettle will be tested within just the next two weeks.

6: Atlanta Falcons (1-1)
Matt Ryan's efficient work along with the supporting cast of Roddy White and Jason Snelling led the Falcons to a the biggest win of the week against the Arizona Cardinals. If the offense can put up numbers like that, instead of the touchdown they managed in game one versus Pittsburgh, their defense seems strong enough to challenge the Saints for the division title. That offense just has to be able to outscore Drew Brees, even though that hasn't seemed to be an insurmountable task so far this season, especially with the defense led by Sean Weatherspoon and Curtis Lofton.

5: New Orleans Saints (2-0)
Unlike some analysts, I don't feel it's right to give the Saints an automatic pass to the #1 spot just by virtue of being the reigning Super Bowl champs. It's a different season, and a different league. Drew Brees' passing attack doesn't look as shocking as it did for most of last year against the Bears and 49ers, though he did manage to at least take them down the field in the final minutes for the go-ahead field goal last night. Still, if they're as good as they're supposed to be, it shouldn't have come down to that. A better running attack would let them put games away earlier and give Brees some peace of mind.

4: Indianapolis Colts (1-1)
After the narrow loss to the Texans in week one, the Colts bounced back big time with a balanced offensive attack and stingy defense led by Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis. Little brother Eli was harrassed all day by those two while big brother Peyton had a day at the beach. This was against a Giants squad that looked perfectly in-sync the week before, even if it was against the troubled Panthers. The Colts should have a fairly nice road to 5-1 before what will be a much anticipated rematch for them against the Texans... though in Peyton's house this time.

3: Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0)
Without a real quarterback the Steelers have still managed to beat tough adversaries in the Falcons and Titans with a suffocating defense. Mendenhall is also looking strong on the ground. Bringing Charlie Batch in for the next two games might hurt them, especially against streaking Tampa Bay and the Ravens, but if their defense doesn't allow more than 10 points it's not going to matter. It's almost a toss-up at this point with these top three teams, but until Big Ben returns I'll stick with the Steelers at #3. Once he does though, and if he doesn't show the rust of his suspension, this team could be deadly and may be my favorite for the AFC Super Bowl representative.

2: Green Bay Packers (2-0)
Aaron Rodgers hasn't had the crazy numbers he's been used to, but the Pack has still managed to start the season 2-0 against relatively weak competition. When this offense begins to click more, they could be deadly. Jermichael Finley is beginning to act the standout many predicted coming into the season. Storming into Soldier Field on Monday night could be when they begin to truly assert their dominance on an otherwise rather weak-looking NFC.

1: Houston Texans (2-0)
While the Texans may be the trendy pick of the day, I just can't deny them based on the most productive offensive performances in each week to begin the season so far - Arian Foster's 231 yard, 3 TD effort vs. the Colts in week one, and Matt Schaub's 497 yard, 3 TD performance in week two. Couple that with a defense that held Peyton Manning to 10 points until five minutes left in the game despite allowing massive yardage to both him and Donovan McNabb, and I believe you've got a serious contender. If they can outscore those two guys, they could very well beat anybody in the league. If they trounce Dallas at home this weekend and fly to 3-0 while sending their in-state NFC rivals to 0-3, it might be a long time before we see them beaten (my money would be on week 8 in Indianapolis, which could shape up to be a tremendous game).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:17:45 AM by rokun »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1598 on: September 22, 2010, 12:11:33 AM »
I tend to agree with most of the rankings for now, I have feeling that this coming weekend, might give a true test to some teams
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:19:52 AM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1599 on: September 27, 2010, 02:09:06 AM »
HAHA NICE. Rokun. Totally you should do this on the weekly, so we can smack talk!! LIKE You ranked the Texans too high - Schaub had a good offensive game vs the wack Skins defense - but yeah ROFL glad u ain't on the Saints ass kissing bandwagon :rock:....LOTSA NFC East fucking up fo sho!

oh man, last minute addition of Brandon Lloyd and does me team good! Gonna beat your MiyaFish :twisted:

HOLYSHIT VICK!!! Redmption homie, 3 TDs runs in for another.... :twothumbs

haha McNabb coming back to Da Linc is gonna be filled with boooos, they couldn't even maintain Bradford - Skins defense (fuck Haslett!) looked so confused after the 2nd half. lol everyone in the NFC East is 1-2 EAGLES ON TOP!

dude from KC got this one hand catch almost as epic as Randy Moss last week!!

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Secret - Sexy