JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yui Aragaki - heavenly days

Author Topic: Official NFL Thread  (Read 422731 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official NFL Thread
« Reply #1600 on: September 27, 2010, 06:54:55 AM »
YEAH BABY! What a SNF. Henne got fucked up! LT looking like the MVP he was! Too bad bout ur Fish rokun :P

LOL fuckkkkkk and dude u beating me 81.93 v 78.67, starting Cedric Benson was a good choice!!

no wait. Jermichael Finley just needs a okay game tmr on MNF vs Bears and get my first win! :D

Silver Fox remembers AP!
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=150938554937426#w400-h300&ref=mf

Fuck u kidding me Chiefs 3-0 :lol:

vs

Which u like better?

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1601 on: September 27, 2010, 07:01:47 AM »
The moeaki catch, because its expected of moss to do so, and i think that's the play revis got injured, but the 49ers, WHAT THE HELL!
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1602 on: September 27, 2010, 08:05:01 AM »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1603 on: September 27, 2010, 10:19:14 PM »
one line to that: Wanna get away?
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1604 on: September 28, 2010, 06:13:34 AM »
GJ PACKERS!! Fucking penalties all over the place :lol: man that Juliius Peppers block was AWESOME!

YEAH! I'm 1-2 like my name was the Viking and Cowboys

what a squeaker, better luck next week roks!! XD

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1605 on: September 28, 2010, 06:18:58 AM »
^ well rokun has my team, which is rather fun without the boys XD

thank you to all my players
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1606 on: September 28, 2010, 10:52:02 PM »
LoL, yeah damn you! It was so close!!! :farofflook: My highest point total of the season and still lost. :P And I'm even leading in points so far! Only one unbeaten left now. This weekend was tough for unbeatens everywhere.
Actually my record so far is following the Dolphins lol. I hope that doesn't bode badly for the next few tough weeks...
I hope Peyton does light up Jacksonville against you, kuro. :P Can't count on 3 TDs from Boldin again probably... especially at Pitt.

Guess the Jets really are just the bunch of thugs I took em as... That's all right. Revis down, now maybe Edwards. I'm happy to see Jets "stars" dropping like flies before Sunday night's game with my Dolphins. :yep:

Rokun's NFL Power Rankings: Week 3 Edition

32: Carolina Panthers (0-3)
So they bring in Claussen, but like most rookies, he wasn't really that close to perfect as they still got blown out by the Bengals at home. At least it was against a good team this time?

31: Detroit Lions (0-3)
Looked pretty bad against a possibly equally bad-looking Brett Favre. If Jahvid Best isn't putting points on the board, they're apparently not scoring any.

30: Cleveland Browns (0-3)
The Browns lost a tough one to the Ravens this week, and there were some bright spots in Seneca Wallace's efficiency and Hillis's running game. It's tough to score against that Ravens D.

29: Buffalo Bills (0-3)
Might Fitzpatrick be the answer? They came close at New England even though they didn't quite make it, which is why they move up in my rankings.

28: San Francisco 49ers (0-3)
Following a really bad loss this week to an albeit 3-0 team, the questions keep mounting for the 49ers. Things aren't likely to improve very much going to Atlanta next week either.

27: Oakland Raiders (1-2)
Losing a tough game at Arizona, they might have a bit of potential as well, though a 1-2 start is nothing to write home about. Gradkowski's still lookin' pretty good.

26: Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2)
The secondary again looked horrible against Philly and Michael Vick, but it doesn't get any better next week against Peyton Manning. Strike that. It could be much worse. David Garrard also can't seem to find his receivers. All of this adds up to trouble in a passing-first league.

25: New York Giants (1-2)
Another horrible showing, but this time against a not-quite-as-good team, has them plummeting in my rankings as well. Eli just looks shell-shocked since showing up on the field with big brother. They do seem to be putting up some yardage though, so why aren't they scoring?

24: Denver Broncos (1-2)
Kyle Orton had a nigh-incredible day with nearly 500 yards passing, but he was still unable to keep up with the efficiency of Peyton Manning. At least they made it look relatively like a game. Will they be able to break out the next couple weeks at Tennessee and Baltimore, or will they drop to 1-4 and be looking to next year?

23: St. Louis Rams (1-2)
Granted it hasn't been against the greatest competition, but Bradford looked good against Washington at home. If they can pull some more of these games in their favor, they might have a shot at a .500 or better season.

22: Minnesota Vikings (1-2)
The Vikings showed some life against Detroit, but it was all about AP as Favre still looked DoA. Also... it was Detroit. Maybe Favre can use the bye week to gain some chemistry with his receivers, because they'll need it against the Jets the week after.

21: Arizona Cardinals (2-1)
A close win again, but again against an even worse team. They didn't even show up for their only game against real competition. THey'll need to show up against the Chargers and Saints the next couple weeks to move up and validate that 2-1 record, but I'd be mildly surprised if they even pull off one of those upsets.

20: Washington Redskins (1-2)
Washington needs to do much more than put up 16 points against the Rams. After the positive game against Dallas in week one, that defense has looked porous as swiss cheese. McNabb didn't have a bad game, but they need to settle on something with their running game as well. It won't get easier facing Michael Vick next week, as Philly will be motivated to show they made the right decision in jettisoning McNabb.

19: San Diego Chargers (1-2)
Off to a slow start again, the Chargers might have a shot to turn it around against the Cards at home this week, followed by trips to Oakland and St. Louis. They'll be able to show if they learned anything when they go back home for week 7 against New England, who I have a feeling will be hungry by then as well.

18: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1)
The Bucs' week beginning schedule is starting to show through after getting run out of the stadium by a Steelers team led by their fourth-string quarterback. That sure doesn't say much for the Browns and Panthers, does it?

17: Seattle Seahawks (2-1)
Seattle has managed two victories against teams that were supposed to be good, but that "supposed" qualifier shows they aren't the only ones with more still to prove. The good news: they go to St. Louis before a bye, and at 3-1 people might start to take some more notice. Especially if the Chargers and 49ers can turn things around.

16: Dallas Cowboys (1-2)
Dallas finally showed life in a questionably tough stadium at Houston. The defense looked great, but I think they'll need to get the running game going better before seriously becoming a challenger. I don't know if I'd trust Romo to carry a mistake-free team deep into the playoffs.

15: Philadelphia Eagles (2-1)
Vick is definitely pulling this team a long way, but it was against a weak Jaguars secondary this week. If they pick up a couple more wins against teams they should beat in Washington and San Francisco coming up, I'll consider them for real.

14: Baltimore Ravens (2-1)
Since they should have beaten Cleveland much more easily at home, I'm still not sold on the Ravens. All their games have been close though, so it's hard to gauge where they are at this time. They definitely don't seem to me as good as they should be though.

13: Miami Dolphins (2-1)
I of course hate the tough loss to the Jets, but the offense did show some promise in letting Henne loose much more than in the first two games. Aside from some questionable wildcat calls, the defense was the culprit in this game as Jason Allen came back down to earth in pass coverage. If he's on Randy Moss next week, they'd better hope Henne gets quite a fire lit under his arm.

12: Tennessee Titans (2-1)
Tennessee didn't show much offense even as they put up 29 points to beat the Giants, but the defense held fast again. Chris Johnson was back to his usual self, and riding him they could still go a ways and likely into the playoffs. The big question though is what do you do about your quarterback situation? At least Vince Young was mostly mistake-free in this game.

11: Cincinatti Bengals (2-1)
Looking good against weak teams at least helps you come out with wins, as the Bengals got by Carolina this last week again. The offense still doesn't really seem to click in the triumvirate of Palmer-Ochocinco-Owens, and if it comes on this could be a very dangerous team.

10: New England Patriots (2-1)
Facing a Bills team they should have beaten easily at home, the Patriots once again showed their weak secondary against Harvard's Ryan Fitzpatrick. Thankfully they have Tom Brady throwing passes on the other side, and if they can get past Miami Monday night then they'll still be in good shape to make a run for the division title.

9: New Orleans Saints (2-1)
The loss that I felt was bound to happen finally came, though the Saints performed well against a good Falcons squad. It'll be nice to have Reggie Bush back, and the next four games (Carolina, at Arizona, at Tampa Bay, Cleveland) should set them up well for perhaps a 6-1 start. What happened to the defending champs having a tough following-year schedule? If they lose any one of those games, look for them to perhaps plummet further in my rankings.

8: Green Bay Packers (2-1)
Aaron Rodgers and the offense looked great last night - if not for the team record 18 penalties they racked up by the end of the game. This is a team that really did kill themselves, but I can't give them all the credit either. The defense did well against the run, but needs to convert some of those picks. Establishing a running game of their own so they could do things like eat up clock toward the end of the game wouldn't hurt either.

7: New York Jets (2-1)
The Jets showed some grit in coming out on top in Miami after everything that'd happened this past week, though I'm sure Rex Ryan is happy he didn't sit out Braylon Edwards for more than a quarter. Once again the Dolphins and Henne took advantage of the absence of Revis, but if he gets back and conditioned they're going to be a tough out every week. Their upcoming schedule before the bye is favorable at Buffalo and Denver and hosting the Vikings, especially if Favre doesn't get back on track after their bye.

6: Kansas City Chiefs (3-0)
What do the Chiefs have to do to get some respect after once again beating up a team that was supposed to be much better than them? After a bye next week they'll be tested for sure on the road at Indianapolis and Houston, but if they are 4-1 or better after that stretch people are going to have to stop and take notice.

5: Houston Texans (2-1)
The Texans should have been able to beat a reeling Dallas team at home if they are going to be truly respected. Now they're back tied with the Colts for the division lead, and one game left between them I don't like their chances. Things could be up or down in the next few weeks at Oakland before returning home for the Giants and KC, so if they post a good record before the bye they still might be in good shape for the playoffs. If Schaub doesn't have two picks, it's still a great offensive night and perhaps even a win.

4: Indianapolis Colts (2-1)
The Colts don't change in my ranking after getting past Denver fairly easily. They haven't played the greatest competition so far, but they've looked good when they've looked good in easy wins over two decent teams. I'm worried about having them too high, but they can prove it by going 5-1 against the Jags, Chiefs and then 'Skins.

3: Chicago Bears (3-0)
Being one of three 3-0 teams left in the league usually brings you some respect, right? Especially when two wins are over Dallas and Green Bay, two early Super Bowl picks, right? Nope, it's all about the mistakes of those two teams. After watching the full game myself last night, I'm beginning to wonder if it's not always "the other team's" fault, and instead it's Brian Urlacher and Jay Cutler's unorthodox style (which fortunately this year isn't also producing interceptions) confusing the heck out of their opponents. If they show up, they could have a breeze to 7-0 and their week eight bye (at Giants, at Carolina, Seattle, Washington). But they won't be 7-0 by virtue of their own good play, of course.

2: Atlanta Falcons (2-1)
After watching Atlanta's defense against the Dolphins in the preseason, I'm impressed. So far this season, with their only loss to the only team still ahead of them in my rankings and fresh off a victory in the house of the reigning champs, I continue to be impressed. Who says the preseason can't tell you anything? They should have an easy couple weeks (49ers, at Cleveland) before a couple tough games at Philly and against the Bengals before going into their bye. Despite three 2-1 teams currently, I'll say right now I like them in the NFC South.

1: Pittsburgh Steelers (3-0)
3-0 with a fourth-string quarterback leading them to 38 points over a previously undefeated team? They could be darn scary after just one more game when Roethlisberger returns from his suspension. That is, if they even let him play (ha). That game is against Baltimore, but if their defense continues to be so stifling and they can put some points on the board, they could amazingly be 4-0 through one of the toughest early-season schedules in the league.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1607 on: September 28, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »
I agree with Pittsburgh as the top spot but for Atlanta, I feel either chicago or baltimore or the colts

let me make one for kicks XD

EDIT: Okay I did one and primarily I say road wins are important and then division wins and finally tie breakers between teams

32. Buffalo- Cut Edwards and now hopefully Harvard can pull through against USC

31. Detroit- After a week one debacle, they have been holding up strong against good teams although facing Green Bay is a different story altogether

30. San Francisco- My disappointment of 2010, firing the OC, hope they can at least show something against the Falcons

29. Cleveland- Losing to teams with better records at the moment, they are in limbo with QB's and Cincinnati comes in with momentum.

28. San Diego- As usual, they come out flat but seemingly without WR Jackson they seem weak behind Rivers, LT come back? Arizona comes in with a great receiver and a sustainable running game

27. Oakland- Campbell was no help but a missed FG cost them the previous game, but it won't be close when Houston comes in with a chip

26. Carolina- No Delhomme? Big problem, the coach has been getting the pass but sooner than later, he will get cut, RB's are their key, but lack of production has cost them the games, but the Saints will not give them the light of day

25. St. Louis- They might be ranked low but they need to prove against Seattle that they can be the 2008 Ravens or the 2009 N.Y. Jets but Jackson being out poses some questions

24. Jacksonville- After a week 1 win, they have been lackluster with their two losses to Philly and San Diego, they have a division foe in Indy, luckily they have been having good success against them maybe an upset? we'll see

23. N.Y. Giants- After a win over Carolina, they get blitzed by Philly and Tennessee added with Jacobs' not busting through the holes, it has put them in a big hole, and now da bears come in with their biggest win, watch for the Giants to re emerge or go to 1-3

22. Denver- Moreno out possibly for this week as was last week against the worst run D and now they face one of the toughest D's in the NFL with the running QB, cost for danger!

21. New England- Despite being 2-1, a big loss cost them a lot of spots so maybe a win against the injured phins could push them up higher

20. Minnesota- A big win over a weak Lions team and after the bye, it will be against the Jets, Favre old team, let's see how the gunslinger will prepare for them

19. Washington- After a win over Dallas, they have fell into 1-2 record, McNabb has been great but still the sporadic QB and coming back into Philly, let's see how he'll do against the D he has seen over his career

18. Seattle- With wins over SD and SF, they have put themselves as the front runners of the west now they have the Rams, which they might have some confidence after their first win, let's see they can shoot it up for 30 pts each

17. Dallas- Impressive win against Houston, needed for the Boys and now a bye week to lick their wounds before Tennessee

16. Indianapolis- Houston finally gets over the hump and Indy keeps rolling with the Peyton express and a new weapon for the Broncos, can they out do Jacksonville which has given them troubles recently

15. Green Bay- A huge loss to Chicago and now a get fat game with Detroit hopefully...

14. Baltimore- 2-1 despite wins over the Browns and the Jets, they have to face the Steelers possibly without their top RB but their passing game has been improving

13. Arizona- Three weeks into the post Warner era, they are sorely missing his arm but no excuse for lack of running, they have San Diego next, which should be a shoot it up game for them

12. Cincinnati- T.O. and Ochocinco should be racking the numbers up but gritty D has kept them through their 2-1 start and now Cleveland should help them

11. New Orleans- three games, all scored under 30 pts, the offense has been good but their D has been hurting and with a little hope they can get over the hump against Carolina

10. Atlanta- A big win over the Saints last weekend, now the 49ers come into town, should be easy pickin's for them

9. Tennessee- Chris Johnson racking up the yards and Vince Young become the QB they were looking for, watch for them against Denver, very important for their AFC chances

8. Tampa Bay- surprise, surprise, one year later, they click but Pittsburgh put them into their place now, with the bye week they get to prepare for the Bengals, not an easy matchup for them

7. Houston- Probably was the hottest teams before getting blitzed by the Cowboys, now an easier matchup with the Raiders, watch those balls fly

6. Kansas City- The chiefs are 3-0, problem the teams they beat are a combined 1-8, not very good but after the bye the AFC South, Indy, Houston, and Jacksonville, the first two on the other road

5. Miami- 2-0 on the road and 0-1 at home, they have another chance under the lights to show what they are made of, against the Pats, their Welker is just as good as the original but home field advantage shall rule

4. Chicago- Excellent win over the Pack but Cutler still has his mentality of slinging it, hopefully they can use their RB's against a weakened Giants D

3. N.Y. Jets- Big division wins over NE and Miami and now the Bills, but those Bills can play but won't get too far

2. Philadelphia- One word: Vick, he has been the catalyst to promote them to the highest part of the rankings, now the Skins' come back with McNabb, shall I say "Brotherly Love"?

1. Pittsburgh- I for one shall shut up, I thought Big Ben would cause a huge downfall but Dixon and Batch has brought them to 3-0 with the Ravens up next, they can give Big Ben the reins or keep it with Batch for continuity.

Big road wins= better ranking in my system so everyone can argue XD
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:24:20 AM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1608 on: September 29, 2010, 12:33:38 AM »
going to make it 4 - 0 this week muahahhaa

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1609 on: September 29, 2010, 04:30:10 AM »
Oh that's you Mug? Dammit, lol. Well, at least it's someone I kinda like. XD Unlike say dai after this week  :shilivid:
It's gotta even out as the season goes along though...

And kuro... I wish I felt like I could put the Dolphins that high. XD We shall see on Monday night.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1610 on: September 29, 2010, 05:34:31 AM »
well I feel that if you can win on the road, you would have a better chance in mines, so just a hint into what new england has to do :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1611 on: September 29, 2010, 07:00:09 AM »
Oh that's you Mug? Dammit, lol. Well, at least it's someone I kinda like. XD Unlike say dai after this week  :shilivid:
It's gotta even out as the season goes along though...

And kuro... I wish I felt like I could put the Dolphins that high. XD We shall see on Monday night.

lol, i have no idea who to start for my second RB, brandon jackson underperformed for the last two weeks, thinking of putting kenneth darby in or jonathan stewart who is still crappy..in general. or pick up john kuhn

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1612 on: October 03, 2010, 11:55:33 AM »
lol man, I dont think Philly is #2 either kuro....their DEFENSE suspect XD but going against a crappy Washington offense that can't even run the ball. whatever. I think you'll see a high scoring game, might even start Brent Celek ....

MCNABB VICK BRO BOWL I

Two of my faves EVER!! going head to head again? I pick Eagles to win this one. Betcha McNabb will get cheers at the introduction, they gotta show him love much like Brian Dawkins.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1613 on: October 04, 2010, 10:19:23 AM »
That's the proper way to greet a player who served many years. It's all about the name on the helmet not on the back of the jersey.

SHIT that really put a somber mood on the whole game when Vick went down, worst thing was there was a fucking holding call too.

MAN McNabb didn't even play well, the fuck he was like managing the game all stupid, running out of bounds. I love how FOX calls it like "He overthrew him" but if it's like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady it's like "He shoulda caught that"  :tama-mad:

ABSOLUTELY!!

Everyone's 2-2 now except the 'Boys XD but they'll be back after the bye

FUCK YEAH

TO and LT, "old" man power 222 yards damn son! I won my game in Fantasy cuz whoever i was playing against forgot to fix their lineups. XD

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1614 on: October 04, 2010, 10:41:49 AM »
luckily i have a chance against you dai when i versus you but for now to take care of rokun XD

although I give it to the redskins for a good game and at least the crowd was honest about mcnabb coming back, every honest boo and praise
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1615 on: October 04, 2010, 10:43:46 AM »
fucking NYG defense, got my opponent 23 pts  :doh:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1616 on: October 04, 2010, 07:26:28 PM »
LoL someone actually started them? I was thinking nobody would have bothered. :lol: They sure did put up a heck of a lot of points.

kuro and I this week in Lame Game of the Weak! XD One which... I actually hope he wins lol, cause that means Henne will have played well. XD There's always the chance Brady could toss a TD or two to Gronkowski I suppose... lol. Picked him up cause I know Dolphins can't defend the tight ends. :lol:

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1617 on: October 04, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »
But Ping vs. TenK was "C'mon man game of the week"

Cutler and Vick both get knocked out of the game, many inactives, and despite all that tenK had his biggest producer in mendenhall
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1618 on: October 05, 2010, 05:52:52 AM »
lol Ping and tenkei started Vick and Cutler ouch man

PATRICK CHUNG!!

HOLY TOLEDO!!

so many blocks NE Defense gets me 27 points too. FUCK YEAH.

Offline Shin Asuka

• Wub U
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1619 on: October 06, 2010, 07:43:50 PM »
Holy Crap Randy Moss back with the Vikings :lol:
Don't expect me to reply to any post. I tend to not care.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yui Aragaki - heavenly days