JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EXO-K - History

Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Thread  (Read 294476 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #1380 on: June 18, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »
FFXII Remastered footage here from E3. Looks really good! The turbo mode sounds good, you could increase the speed to 2x or even 4x the normal pace so if you're confident in your gambits you can storm through enemies which should help make any grind go easier.

Next year seems so far away though, especially for a remaster. I think it's because they don't want to distract any sales away from FFXV this holiday season. People can choose not to buy the game if they hear there's a critically acclaimed remastered copy out and it's cheaper. Gonna be a long wait until then!

A trailer from E3 as well for FFXV

Offline turtledude001

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1381 on: June 18, 2016, 10:52:39 PM »
I played a little of the original FFXII IZJS game. That one already had the turbo button. I guess it was 2x. Combat was much slower than I remembered even on active and fastest setting on normal speed. Turbo made it too fast! Course, I had no gambits setup at that point, so maybe more doable later. Getting good gambits should also happen faster since I think IZJS expedite getting them to some extent. 4x turbo is new and I don't know if that will be suitable for combat. The intent is to expedite travel.

I do hope they offer the original license board as an option (like FFX HD does with its sphere grids, IIRC) or allow you to reset and change class. I wasn't a fan of having to permanently pick a class for each character and then not knowing if you're imbalanced until much, much later into the game unless you do a lot of research beforehand... That's more hardcore than I'd like.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1383 on: August 20, 2016, 09:22:45 AM »
Is anyone else just kind of not bothered anymore?  :lol:

I feel like I'll play it one day, but I'm not going to rush out and buy it, even if it's one of the few games that might actually be good for PS4!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1384 on: August 21, 2016, 11:33:01 AM »
I'd be very surprised if FFXV is a bad game considering how long it's been in development and each game has a good combat system at it's core. It's the best part about FFXIII. My worry is the story. FFXIII is awful. FFXIII-2 not much better. You have to remember too, this was originally Final Fantasy Versus XIII, tied to the setting and so far as I'm aware it still is.

I saw a ridiculous image where they showed the map size of FFXV and how it completely dwarfs the map size of GTA V and The Witcher 3.

I don't know if the person who made it came to a false conclusion when it comes to scale or if it's true, but if it's the latter I hope they have done enough to make that world interesting. Like with LA Noire or more recently No Mans Sky, it's all well and good making a big open world to traverse in but it's all for naught if you can't interact with it.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1385 on: August 21, 2016, 08:33:30 PM »
Imagine if your car runs out of gas and you have to walk back  :lol:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1386 on: September 15, 2016, 10:19:31 AM »
such magnificent hair~ :)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1387 on: September 15, 2016, 06:14:43 PM »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1388 on: September 18, 2016, 07:51:44 AM »
 :wub:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1389 on: September 20, 2016, 03:22:02 AM »
FF XII TZA. Showing some of the gameplay enhancements at 41:50.
- game speed x2/x4
- on-screen map
- faster loading when area-change. an auto-save when area-change.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1390 on: September 25, 2016, 08:38:30 PM »

This needs to be on the FFXV soundtrack  :cow:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1391 on: October 08, 2016, 04:58:00 PM »
Judging my recent preview footage of FFXV, it sounds like the extra release date delay did the game some good. All the optimisation they promised to put in now rather than a day one patch appears to have resolved a lot of the technical issues like popup and framerate that earlier previews were addressing. Getting more excited for the release now as we come closer to it, I just hope the story isn't as terrible as XII's universe.

There's more gameplay footage of XII HD remaster as well, showing off Salikawood and Phon Coast. They actually made it so that the dialog doesn't sound like it was recorded in a tin can. The remastered soundtrack sounds pretty damn nice too.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1392 on: October 13, 2016, 06:38:03 AM »
That bridge + castle at the end sure looks like the one in Shadow of the Colossus :nervous

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1393 on: October 14, 2016, 01:34:08 AM »
World of Final Fantasy is getting a demo next week on PS4. I have absolutely no clue what the game even is other than chibi characters I'll be curious to see what the game actually is!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1394 on: October 27, 2016, 04:20:13 PM »
Make the movie already... oh wait...
I'm gonna be surprised if there isn't a shirtless costume paid DLC.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1395 on: November 07, 2016, 01:46:32 PM »

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1396 on: November 15, 2016, 08:01:43 AM »
Remember Lara? The lady who did the MMPR theme song in a Pink Ranger costume? Well she also plays piano and did a collabo for Aeris's Theme.

I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1397 on: November 29, 2016, 09:34:26 PM »
FF XV eve party live stream was fun:
Jump to 2:41:55 when they start playing mystery disc. or...
Jump to 3:02:30 straight to the last fight in the mystery disc. Battling the most powerful boss in FF history. Its crazy!~ :nervous

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #1398 on: April 28, 2019, 08:08:12 PM »
I'm surprised there aren't any recent posts to this thread since Final Fantasy is kicking into high gears lately. So before I infodump I've always had a habit of dropping gaming news to my friends, my favorite Final Fantasy is Type-0, X, and Crystal Chronicles. Still excited for the Switch version of Crystal Chronicles because that spin-off deserves so much attention.

In regard to Final Fantasy XV, there are official images of the scrapped DLCs for Luna, Aranea, and Noctis that we were supposed to get in the second season pass batch: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5GAHrAUwAAleUh.jpg:large (I have no clue how to resize the image, so I left a link here.)

The following information goes after Episode Ardyn with the numbers correlating to the image (credit to FFPlanet):

(1) Lunafreya from Episode Luna. The Draconian recovered her body with the power of daemon and revived her to fulfill the new mission. She has the power of daemon like Ardyn.

(2) Episode Noctis, the last Battle Concept Art. The player has to switch character between Ardyn, Luna, Noctis, Aranea to defeat Bahamut. With Prince, Oracle, Female Dragonian, Mysterious man, they are a party of 4 characters just like traditional JRPG

(3) The Reunion. After Bahamut was defeated. When the dawn comes, Luna wakes up and alive again. (By the power of Gentiana/Shiva)

(4) The Funeral for Ardyn, as the Founder King of Lucis. (初代王の葬儀)

(5) Luna and Noctis stand behind Ardyn's coffin. It's just empty coffin with his hat above.

(6) The Ending Image, the name of two children are..... it's left to everyone imagination.

Such as shame it has been scraped off! Episode Luna would have been awesome and having Noctis with Aranea, Luna, and Ardyn in his squad would have killed it. But now it's simply in a novel format...

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EXO-K - History