JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Jinsei Saikou No Hi (The Best Day of My Life)

Author Topic: War... War never changes. (The official Fallout thread)  (Read 44346 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: War... War never changes. (The official Fallout thread)
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2009, 08:56:46 AM »
Wow. Interesting post Tuffty. Very poignant. (I just killed all the ghouls to begin with...)

Offline hiyokokun

• _.-= ERI ♥ AI =-._
  • Member+
  • i don't trust u
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 02:33:40 AM »
So, after that non-violence solution at the Tenpenny towers,
there is two ending... Mugen ending and Tuffty ending....

makes me afraid to help those ghoul...

btw, does someone ever found a place where the people there kill people that passing by and
they produce something like strangemeat ??

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 02:51:07 AM »
^ Not yet :o

Last quest I did was soo annoying, if only for one thing. Fireants. That's right, I did the quest where you have to determine the source of the freaking giant ants that breathe fire. So glad that's over. Except I did agree to find a home for the kid, so now I'm intending to go to Rivet City and try to find his relative, see if she can help. Got some other stuff to take care of around that area too, like continuing the main story or even help out with GNR's transmitter. Thought I could take a sneaky way through the subway tunnels, but the one I took lead me through mines, raiders, turrets and molerats before emerging out once again, into a pack of Talon mercs and Super Mutants :doh:

So is there a quick and sneaky way of getting to Rivet City? If I remember correctly, didn't Three Dog say there was a subway tunnel leading to that direction around the back of the GNR building?

Offline hiyokokun

• _.-= ERI ♥ AI =-._
  • Member+
  • i don't trust u
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2009, 03:06:56 AM »
Are you still playing Fallout 3 currently ??

From what i remember, i found Rivet City by trial and error aka by opening the map inch by inch :lol:
So.., you still haven't found the Rivet City yet ???

What i hate the most is, how i distributing the level point. Somehow i think, i distribute it wrong... :smhid
But it's too late to play from the start...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2009, 12:25:40 PM »
Only got it a month ago so yeh I'm still playing, and probably will do for sometime yet!

I have Rivet City marked on my map so I know it's South of the DC Ruins. I was just hoping there was an underground way to get there rather than go up top and have to deal with a lot of Super Mutants/Centaurs on the way there. I don't think I have the ammo to deal with that scenario. Nor does Dogmeat have the endurance! The only thing I have marked on my map in that area is the GNR building, which is some distance away from RC. Guess I'll go there and stock up before I head out, I'm pretty low on supplies as is. On that subject, does anyone know where I can find the person from the Brotherhood of Steel there that can train me in using Power Armor? Searched everywhere inside the place but can't find him.

I tend to put my skill points in Small Arms/Energy Weapons/Lockpick/Science/Explosives/Medicine/Speech mainly. I wish I put more skill points into my Endurance though, cause even with decent armour I can't stay in an open firefight for long. I guess it helps to know beforehand exactly what type of character you wanna be and pool all your points into the relevant attributes/skills. I know there's a perk that allows you to do so, but I don't wanna miss out on all those sweet other looking perks as well, though I guess it can't be avoided.

Offline hiyokokun

• _.-= ERI ♥ AI =-._
  • Member+
  • i don't trust u
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2009, 02:18:39 PM »
The last time i played it, it was about 4 months ago, until my VGA card blew up :(
I was wondering is it because i played too long ? :D

Yeah, supplies is the most critical things in this game, i always low at supplies (at first)
Hope you got there safely  :lol:
btw, Sneak attack is really helpful, it saves ammo and deal big damage..
and as for Power Armor, i don't interested in it and my brother has forgot how he got the Power Armor training
but i think there's always a walkthrough out there...( i don't like it though)

and for the perk i think Lady Killer is the most useless perk.
What makes me interested is, the main story of the game, i'm curious about the father and many other amazing places
I really like this game, ah... when i will be able to play again...

Oh, is there someone died accidently at your hometown, i forgot the name, it's the town with an atomic bomb in the town centre.
cause i found the sheriff's dead body and my brother found that old plumber man died too...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2009, 01:25:03 PM »
At Megaton? Sheriff died for me too and as I mentioned earlier in a previous page, it was indirectly my fault. I ratted Burke's intentions out to him and after the Sheriff confronted him, Burke shot him at point blank range when his back was turned. I just keep getting people killed despite my best intentions XD

Not made it to Rivet City yet, I went to the GNR building and found out I needed to take an abandoned car tunnel out behind the GNR building to reach the railway tunnels leading to the Museum of Technology, another place I'd like to visit. But those bloody Super Mutants!! :doh: Emerged out of the Metro station and 4 Super Mutant Brutes came to attack me! Beginning to think I really need to get out of the DC Ruins now. But another quest just popped up when I discovered an emergency relay station around the Museum of History and I wanna go help them out, despite the number of Super Mutants XD

Offline hiyokokun

• _.-= ERI ♥ AI =-._
  • Member+
  • i don't trust u
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2009, 02:03:34 PM »
I just keep getting people killed despite my best intentions XD

I hope that doesn't happen in real world  :lol:

Ah, that's right. Megatooon. In my cases, after i finished some quest. The sheriff just lay dead on the ground, strange... :?

But another quest just popped up when I discovered an emergency relay station around the Museum of History and I wanna go help them out, despite the number of Super Mutants

Ah, those might be the reilly rangers.... Well, be safe and good luck in finding your father 8)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2009, 06:36:27 PM »
Uh, I just did something which I hope hasn't messed up the story in anyway XD I was on my travels, exploring various spots on the Wasteland and I went back to Evergreen Mills to free the slaves I couldn't save previously due to my lockpick skill not being high enough. Travelled west from there and went into Smith Casey's garage to see what supplies they had, when to my surprise, I flipped a switch on the wall and discovered a whole new Vault :o Went inside and did as the robot suggested, going into the cubicle thing and it informs me the Scientific Pursuit quest has been updated and after reading it, it looks like a main story mission as it's tied to finding my dad. Before this I was meant to go to Rivet City and search for any clues there, but now it looks like I've gotten a whole lot closer without me realising!

So have I screwed up the game at all? I have no idea what is meant to lead you to Vault 112 or how it's tied to my dad afterall. This happened earlier in the week and after seeing what you could go through if you enter the chamber, I loaded an earlier save inside the Vault and hightailed it outta there. Made progress after that and saved over that so Vault 112 is discovered in my one and only save file so I can't revert back to an earlier save where it hasn't been discovered.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:13:46 PM by Tuffty »

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2009, 02:07:25 AM »
I'm trying to remember but I don't think you missed much at all. You just go to rivet city talk to some doctors who tell you to search for dad at the rotunda, he isn't there but a clue leads you to vault 112.

I accidentally bypassed the whole galaxy radio thing my first time through after I swam to rivet city. :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2009, 01:55:02 PM »
^ Awesome :lol: I went to Rivet City and spoke to Dr.Li who told me that my dad came to visit her but gave me no directions or anything like that. So imagine my surprise when I investigated the Jefferson Memorial of my own accord and found the holo tapes telling me he went to Vault 112! :lol: I went there to complete the mission just to see if I could. I figured out how to reach the failsafe after the old lady told me too. Was sort of secretly hoping the communist invasion involved some sort of nuclear blast (it's not real anyways!) but oh well. Didn't expect to meet up with your father so soon into the story. Unless the story mode is really short? Having just completed that mission, does anyone have an idea how many more missions are tied to the story? Should also point out here that I didn't get the achievement for the previous story mission so 360 owners be warned, if you want the achievement you better follow the quest the way the game dictates.

Oh and I managed to steal the Declaration of Independence during my travels! Had to laugh at the Button Gwinnett robot XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2009, 01:13:53 AM »
Thought I'd tell another tale that happened during my travels.

I discovered Paradise Falls by sheer happenstance and wondered what the largest slave encampment on the Wasteland was like inside. Immediately I was apprehended and told I couldn't come in unless I pay up front 500 caps or bring some slaves. Neither option sounded appealling to me, and the guard just kept telling me to piss off. Now I don't like it when someone tells me that. Roy told me to do so after what happened in Tenpenny Tower and I shot him in the head. This guy told me more than 3 times to do so. I called him an asshole and told him to bring it, and by the time he got his lazy ass out of the chair I already slugged a shotgun shell in his head and watched his head fly off. I felt better. Failed to anticipate though that the guards posted outside didn't take too kindly to that so I had to shoot back and kill them all. I discovered a child slave outside, think his name was Sammy, who begged me to rescue his friends so I took the quest up. In the cover of night, I walked inside and sure enough, every slaver that could carry a gun was pointing them right at me. Rifles, miniguns, missiles. It got fairly hectic. I used the Mesmetron I picked up from the guard which seemed to work some of the time. Still was forced to take refuse inside where two more slavers were inside but a convenient frag grenade next to a boiler made short work of them.

It was in there that I had another little crisis of conscience. Was I doing the right thing? They were keeping slaves, of course it was wrong, but I wondered if a more diplomatic option could have been made. A barter to free the slaves in exchange for caps maybe or anything like that. I wondered if any of these slavers had families too. Then I noticed something in the corner of the room and investigated it and found a tragic sight. A skeleton within a miniscule cage wearing a party hat on his head. And I thought of how he ended up that way. His owners taunting him, tormenting him, abusing him. And something just clicked. Sure it's only a game, but in my head I knew these people wouldn't stop even through non-confrontational means. I would free maybe 2 or 3 people but they could go out the next day and get 5 more if they wanted to. They'd always take people against their will. Sammy never asked for this life nor did anyone else. It was a disgusting practice of human trafficking that I was morally set against and couldn't be tolerated in rebuilding the world. I became vindicated. And after taking all the supplies from inside the gun shop, I went back outside and, carefully, killed every last slaver. But hey, in my own defence, they shot me first.

I found "The Box", something clearly sign posted in the middle of the place. It was a preservation chamber and wondered what was inside to deserve such a billing. I wasn't so surprised to see another slave's body in there, nothing on him but the ragged clothes on his back. Again, I wondered what led him inside there, The Box surely being a form of punishment for slaves lashing back or wanting to escape from their hellhole. The Box was a form of solitary confinement, definately not good for those with claustrophobia and most certainly, permanent. I freed the slaves, all of them, apart from some old man warped senile that I couldn't reason with him to escape. Eventually found the boss of the whole encampement in his own place and saw him with a female slave and a giant lovebed in the middle of the hall. Again I did what I do best, decapitation by shotgun shells. I guess you could call it my unofficial calling card when I'm dealing with the Wasteland's lowest members of society. And as I walked outside and watch the sunrise against the Paradise Falls sign, I was left wondering what kind of impact I had in the Wasteland once again.

Hopefully you enjoyed reading my tale XD I hope you all understand that it was another affecting gaming moment for me. It wasn't just some shootout in a stronghold just to get some supplies or XP. For me, there was a purpose in what I did, another level of storytelling that sparks my imagination in forming my own story beyond what's already laid out to me. It's something that Fallout seems to deliver so well.

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2009, 08:20:24 AM »
:lol: It's funny hearing your stories and remembering what I did in the same situations. Sometimes it can be maddening not only wondering if your doing the right thing, but also wondering what you might be missing by not doing it another way.

I remember going through all the hassle collecting the slaves they wanted. Then later on deciding to rescue them all. The kids were easy enough since they fit through the sewer (save for that one girl that wouldn't leave without her brother or whatever, nothing that lying to her that he's already dead couldn't fix). The adults were hard though. I tried to sneak them out but they kept dying so eventually I just wiped out the town and then led them out. Funny thing is I remember when I went to kill the leader dude, his whore was freakishly tough. Somehow one of them had the scoped revolver and almost killed me single handdedly. It was early but probably the toughest enemy I saw in the game.

Offline hiyokokun

• _.-= ERI ♥ AI =-._
  • Member+
  • i don't trust u
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »
Reading all the story here makes me want to play Fallout3 again,
I'm currently removing my VGA into a better computer,
so it can run that game...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2010, 12:10:09 PM »
I guess this is a more appropriate place to talk about this than in the dream thread. Last night I had a dream about Fallout and our world somehow combined as if one game. The weapons and creatures remained the same but our world here was perfect. Well I was approaching the end game and to complete it I had to kill this massive creature, I say massive, but I remember it wasn't even as big as a Super Mutant. It was so tough though that it could only be killed with a special nuclear bomb, one which, if detonated, would literally spread across the whole world. I remember talking it over with my dad about what to do which seems so so utterly bizarre because here I was, thinking about forever destroying the world and committing mass genocide all for the sake of completing a game. I woke up wondering why I just didn't go to Youtube and watch the ending XD

Anyways, I somehow decided to do it, even though I would have lost huge amounts of karma points for it, and fired the thing against it, and it took on the form as some kind of mini fire tornado that I had to guide so I can whittle the boss' health to 0. It reached it and in slow motion you could see the tornado die down and this small ball of light continually expanding until BOOM. Despite the close proximity between me and the bomb, I survived, yet noone else did. Flashforward 2 mins later and whole world is destroyed, sky is black, ashes falling from the sky and I'm again, somehow breathing through the radiation. No home, food, drink, I don't think I would have lasted long.

Sometimes I worry about me. XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2010, 02:15:21 AM »
After what seemed like the 100th random ambush by Talon Merc groups I had had enough. I knew they were holed up in Fort Constantine, the reason being that I had found it during my travels and had my ass handed to me by the number of them posted outside. But this time it was different. I was better equipped, at lvl 20, I had Dogmeat and Charon at my side but most importantly, I was driven. A man on a mission. It was a real Malcolm Reynold's moment:

Quote from: Mal Reynolds
No. They're not gonna see this one coming.

I approached it at night, from the back this time rather than banging in the front gates and sure enough there was an opening big enough for us to fit through. My idea to attack at night must have been bang on because I saw maybe 2 guard dogs and 2 guards which I made short work of, and investigating a nearby tent led me to a tunnel that could take me straight to the commander's quarters. So I went in, killing dudes as I went by, waking guards up from their sleep, it was for the most part a walk in the park. I finally reached the commander who was instantly hostile towards me. I was even hoping for some discussion, make a few threats and tell him to remove the contract on my head. Not so, guess he didn't take too kindly to me killing his business one merc at a time. And my experience at Paradise Falls should have taught me better. So how I savoured it when I watched as he became decapitated by my shotgun. I worked my way out to the front entrance, killing any remaining hostiles and stealing all their valuables as I went before I walked out the front door, killing all the rest outside.

Seems like even the enemies do have their sleep patterns too, as I remember in my first time I saw the Fort at daytime, and I was absolutely hailed with bullets and rockets, but it seems like they all went into the barracks at night. Awesome. I've no idea if that removes the contract on my head but again, I like to think I've made things a little easier in the Wasteland once again.

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2010, 11:02:52 PM »
New Fallout! Oh yes... :jerk:

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:07:23 PM by zoolander »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »

I'm getting my hopes up again, after Fallout 3 fell short of them. Started playing through Fallout 1 again

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2010, 06:44:45 PM »
On Bethesda's blog they've posted a link to GameTrailers.com, featuring an interview with New Vegas's project director. Pretty awesome :thumbup

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/07/24/weekend-update-new-vegas-edition/

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Jinsei Saikou No Hi (The Best Day of My Life)