JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyuna - How`s This

Author Topic: The SNSD General Discussion Thread  (Read 1837629 times)

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
Re: The SNSD General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4980 on: August 06, 2010, 08:52:29 PM »
Your HDDs will crash.

The girls in Phuket;

Offline nadoes

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4981 on: August 07, 2010, 01:23:08 AM »
^ is that where their photoshoot is going to be?
hyo seems really happy to be there lol

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4982 on: August 07, 2010, 02:59:23 AM »
GREAT STALKING!! werd up what were they doing there? Yoona's pink tank yeeeeah baby!

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #4983 on: August 07, 2010, 06:28:20 AM »
Yoongiiiiiiiee~~ Sooooo hawwt~ and Sica! she's smiling! ^_^  and she looks amazing!
I like Hyo's shirt hahaha hmmm the eye dots are in an interesting place.
Bodyguard Yuri is just ultra pro as usual. 8|

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4984 on: August 07, 2010, 07:04:23 AM »
Lol look at that Sica, Lady Jessica. I would lay face down in a puddle for her to walk over. At least I know she'd be wearing flats...I wouldn't want to stick around to see what kind of shoes Tiffany was wearing though... >_>

Edit: Hehehe, yoinked tam's 2000th thank you. >D

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #4985 on: August 07, 2010, 10:06:43 AM »
No one knows for sure what the shooting will be, I think. Some seems to believe it's a pb, but I don't think so.

The rumour has it that Seohyun and Kyuhyun are going to sing this song in SM cons - http://papam.net/927

eta: Looks like they really came here to shoot an mv. SM Town summer album maybe?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:20:55 PM by tamatron »

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #4986 on: August 07, 2010, 11:04:01 PM »
Everybody in flats except for Tiffany. XD

Ah, her love for heels. lol

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #4987 on: August 08, 2010, 05:50:30 AM »
Remember, no matter what Tiffany "Can't give up on her high heels". XD

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #4988 on: August 08, 2010, 10:30:29 PM »
Here are some J-articles I translated a few days ago~

Nikkei Entertainment

Korea’s strongest company’s (who gave birth to DBSK) Japan Strategy
K-POP special
“Why are Korean artists so powerful now?”  S.M Entertainment’s Representative Kim Youngmin’s interview about SNSD

(Note: The following is SNSD’s excerpt)

During the first half of this year, the K-POP boom really started to rise suddenly. Girl groups from every record company started to announce their major debuts one after the other. From within the entertainment industry things like “Popular Girl Group OO from XX record company will debut” were said and you could read various rumors popping up here and there when reading K-POP related magazines.

Among those things like, “It seems we’ll finally be able to meet “the girls” at performances,” were increasingly said. “The girls” meaning SNSD.  They’re a 9 member girl group and are considered national “Super Stars” in Korea. Universal Music’s NAYUTAWAVE RECORDS announced their debut for September and before that they will be having a Showcase concert in Tokyo in August.  They have excellent singing abilities, model-like bodies, and with their large number they can make the best use choreography.

These girls have been training since they were kids. The people who produce the music and manage them also pushed BoA and DBSK to stardom in Japan, it is Korea’s greatest entertainment production company S.M Entertainment. It is not an exaggeration to say that the history of the idol boom in Korea grew with this company.  In the 90s they created the “H.O.T” and “Shinhwa” who were leaders in the boy idol group boom. Other companies then followed their lead and shook it up a bit creating fierce competition. So, SNSD  was created with 9 people, a female idol group with so many people had never been created in Korea before, until SNSD’s debut in 2007. By differentiating themselves from “Lip-Syncing Idols” they gained popularity, and other companies also began concentrating on their girl groups immediately. In 2009, The big boom of girls occurred.

In Japan, BoA was brought up to be a platinum artist together with AVEX, and DBSK also became a big hit. And finally SNSD is on their way to Japan. We plan on asking S.M Entertainment (AKA S.M.E)’s Korean Corporate CEO and also the Japan Corporate president Kim Youngmin the marketing secrets of becoming Korea’s star to Asia’s Star.

After entering S.M.E about 12 years ago I have been responsible for planning the strategies for BoA and DBSK’s Japan debuts. And this time it's my pleasure to have a chance to introduce a new group, SNSD, to Japanese people. They’re new in various ways so I thought we had to challenge that, so in August SNSD will have a Premium Showcase Concert at Ariake.  Already the limited edition DVD with the tickets inside is currently sold out.  But, I’m not surprised.  As SNSD is already popular now, it was assumed that a venue of this capacity would be filled.

(Omitted BoA & DBSK part)

And this time our 3rd stars to be made from this company are SNSD and before they even fly out of Korea they will have the best brand power in Asia supporting them.  When they go from 9 individuals to 9 as one, they will have overwhelming power. I think it’s the brand of SNSD. This time, A brand that has already been established in Asia is now going to Japan.  Well, we hadn’t decided how to commence the landing in Japan yet, but I wanted to make it something large scale, so this time we’re going with a Showcase live.

I am looking into 2 changes that happened in 2010. First, attitudes have changed.  Japan’s consumers’ uncomfortableness in regards to other Asian products has faded and they’re naturally starting to accept other products. Second, there has been a change in the environment. The internet is used widely in Japan now.  People are able to come across artists’ activities in places like Korea, China, and Southeast Asia and they’re able to keep up with them in almost real-time.

The two overlap,  SNSD who debuted in 2007 has been around for a little less than 3 years and are already known throughout  Far East Asia due to their brand power.  Therefore, we can use a different marketing strategy rather than coming out as a complete rookie. 

[color="#00BFFF"]SNSD New Development[/color]

Previously BoA and DBSK learned Japanese and their Japan activities were at least 6 months out of an entire year.  First they created their foundation in Japan and after that they were finally able to debut.  However, we’re exploring new development methods for SNSD.

However, being able to speak the local language as much as possible is a method we’ve used to promote our past artists. SNSD already includes a member who can speak in proficient Japanese. English can also be spoken because there are 3 members from the United States. There is also a member who is skilled in Chinese.

(Omitted Lee Sooman’s interview on BoA and DBSK’s debut)

Next, Lee Sooman’s reason for debuting SNSD in 2007 even though Korea was going through tough economic times. “Socially, I think that Korea’s idol market was revived by DBSK during a very gloomy time. Well, next my desire was to fill an empty space in society.  You could say Japan was going through the same thing, during severe economic times men from their teens to their 30s were feeling low-spirited.  In Korea, everyone was requesting an artist that could get them energetic. Therefore, SNSD, with a little bit of a retro sound, was born to heal peoples’ spirits. In Korea, this aim was very successful.

(S.M.E. Rookie & Dance Lesson part was omitted)

10 years ago, at a very early stage in the industry, our company and AVEX cooperated with Japan-Korea activities. We were thankful to AVEX whom was our strongest partner and welcomed us and made us very reassured while coming into Japan’s huge market for the first time. Thanks to them, we were able to have very big results from BoA to DBSK.

And now, the Japanese can go straight to Korea through things like satellite TV. This is also an era of different channels as well as the internet, where they can connect directly with Korea.  Hereafter, it will surely be part 2 of Japan-Korea (partnership) and the beginning of new era in Asia.  This time we will be partnering with Universal who sent us an offer last year in regards to SNSD’s Japan debut.

Talking about the business direction which our company is going to pursue from now on, first and foremost we want to provide good music.  On the other hand, for example, one direction is to give the “SNSD” brand a new value and invent something new. (Note: First good music and second expand business with SNSD's big-name brand/image.) There’s a large possibility that SNSD will collaborate with a business like Korea’s apparel brand “SPAO”. SNSD may also do some Japanese CMs. (Note: A CM is the same as a CF, they’re commercials.) Thus, our company’s frame of business wants to expand from here on out in more than just music.”

As a side note: SNSD will be on the front cover of October’s issue of Nikkei Entertainment Magazine and there will also be an interview!

[color="#FF0000"]Translated by:[/color] Kanki@Soshified.com
Source: Nikkei Entertainment Magazine & Graphy777 @ Twitter for Graphics

Weekly Toyo Keizai

Universal Music Japan’s CEO Koike Kazuhiko discusses his promotion plan for KARA and SNSD in Weekly Toyo Keizai (A Business Journal).

“They have good looks and great singing abilities. It's a waste to keep them just in Korea, so they should sell in Japan as well.“ Major record company Universal Music’s CEO Koike Kazuhiko, in addition to being the company president, he praises Korean girl groups KARA and SNSD in this way.  He seems confident in giving both of these girls from his company success through full-blown promotions, which will begin this summer.

(omitted)

(Traditionally), for foreign artists to succeed in Japan a moderate level of Japanese skill was essential, unless they were top class artists. However, that’s not really the case now.

Speaking frankly President Koike said, we'll decide which promotion method to use depending on the artists' characters. Whether that means mainly doing activities in the Japanese market, or using a similar promotion method to the one we use for artists from Western countries doing activities mainly outside Japan. Discussed above, KARA has looks like Japanese idols and their Japanese songs should be easily accepted.  Japanese was studied enough for them to be active in the center of Japan.

He explains that, SNSD and KARA are completely different, their appeal as “real-deal artists” is a profitable plan, and that Japanese ability isn’t really necessary when using the same promotion techniques as western music.

[color="#FF0000"][color="#FFFF00"]Translated by:[/color][/color] Kanki@Soshified.com
Source: Weekly Toyo Keizai

Marugoto K-POP GIRLS Interview

cr: graphy777@twitter

Korea’s strongest girl group is finally coming to Japan this summer!!
They’re pretty like Barbie dolls with their beautiful and radiant long legs, men and women of all ages love these 9 angels. It really seems to be a girls’ generation -----.

[color="#00BFFF"]
Our password is, “Right now, it’s Girls’ Generation!”
[/color]

—In Korea you guys well known for being fashion leaders, what is a noteworthy fashion item for this summer?

Taeyeon: Because sleeveless shirts and mini bottoms increase in the summer, I think it’s fun to wear vintage bracelets on ones arms and legs.

Hyoyeon: Wear simple clothes with big accessories is a big point. It’s cute to layer several bracelets and wear wrist watches .

Tiffany: This year I’ve noticed floral printed one piece dresses and airy long dresses. It seems their really popular in my neighborhood too.

Sunny: Of course short shorts are in! Short shorts are really popular among the SNSD members right now.

Sooyoung: Oh, yes!  Long shirts are also stylish to wear.

Jessica: Plaid shirts are also good.

Seohyun: If you add comfortable strappy shoes, then you’ve already perfectly completed SNSD’s summer style.

—In addition to short shorts, what’s also popular among the members currently?

Seohyun: We watch the TV.  We monitor our performances on programs.

Yoona: In June, we were all watching the World Cup.  It was really exciting!

Hyoyeon: Another thing that’s popular is fruits. We love them and we’re always preparing them on location.

Yuri: Since it’s summer, we often eat shaved ice (snow-cones) and ice cream!

—You’re going to perform your Showcase concert at Ariake Coliseum (August 25th).  What did you think when you found out you would be debuting in Japan?

Sooyoung: I’ve already lived in Japan before. I love Japanese food, so I was really happy.

Sunny: It’s going to be a new challenge. At first I worried with things like, “Will this turn out well?”  But now I’m really looking forward to it!

Yuri: I felt in only one word, “Fight!” (Note: Fight/Faito is a Japanese version of Fighting/Hwaiting!)  Because I’m together with the members, I have more anticipation than anxiety.

Yoona: I’m naturally worried about language. So, I had better do my best and study more Japanese.

—How are you studying Japanese?

Taeyeon:  I’ve been interested in Japanese culture since middle school and I studied Japanese a little bit. My favorite word is….”Yatta”!? (Note: Yatta means “Hooray” or literally “I did it!”)

Hyoyeon: Right now, we’re all getting lessons through our office, and we are also studying by listening to Japanese songs and watching Japanese dramas.

Tiffany:  Because I like Miyazaki Hayao’s works, I am studying by watching animes like “My Neighbor Totoro”. But, I’m still a beginner….

Yoona: I can’t really participate in the lessons at the office very much. So, I’ll tell you in the future. My favorite Japanese  is “Doki doki” and “Arigatou gozaimasu”. (Note:  “Doki Doki” is the sound of your heart beating and “arigatou gozaimasu” means “Thank you.”)

Jessica:  I like the standard phrase “Aishiteru”. (Note: “Aishiteru” means “I love you”.) I also like the way “Chotto zutsu” sounds, it’s cute. (Note: “Chotto zutsu” means “A little bit”.)

Sunny: Weeell, this is a question but, is it true that you can hold a conversation with just the 2 words “Doumo” and “Douzo”? (Note: Doumo and Douzo have a lot of different meanings.)

—Yes, you could say that, nice discovery (Haha).  Everyone, do you guys have a favorite J-POP song and Karaoke song that you’re particularly good at?

Jessica: Mika Nakashima’s “Yuki no Hana”!

Tiffany: A senpai from my company, BoA’s “Possibility”. (Note: Senpai is the same as Sunbae.) In addition to that, I also like m-flo, I have all of their albums.

Lastly, please tell us your goal for Japan.

Taeyeon:  I want to quickly let everyone in Japan hear, see and feel SNSD’s music and stage performances. Please look forward to us!

Yuri: I’ll work hard so fans fill up the big venues. Everyone, let’s have fun this summer!

[color="#FFFF00"]Translated by:[/color] Kanki@Soshified.com
Source: Marugoto K-POP GIRLS Magazine

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #4989 on: August 09, 2010, 03:57:18 AM »

Stolen from http://stephohwang.tumblr.com/

Tiffany :cry: Despite her pain, she's still super super sweet to all the staff :heart:
TaeNy :w00t:

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #4990 on: August 09, 2010, 08:02:08 AM »
If you read these Phuket fan accounts, don't take them too seriously, especially when it comes to pairings. Some kids are just crazy shippers and they can only see things their ways. There might be some exaggeration too. I decided not to give a shit anymore since I don't think I can believe these people. The girls came here and that's it.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #4991 on: August 09, 2010, 08:43:21 AM »
I didn't want to add that bit coz I want to live in my TaeNy world and that person doesn't even seem to know Taeyeon's name LOL
But yeah, I heard how exaggerated the fanaccounts are, thus I'm not reading any other than that one... at least for now... coz then I'll be lying to myself when I know its not true :lol:

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4992 on: August 09, 2010, 02:02:34 PM »
It's okay. I know none of these fan accounts are real because Yuri and tama aren't in them. :D

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #4993 on: August 09, 2010, 05:26:28 PM »
Our Kannaaaa~

さっきまで撮影でしたチョキドキドキ

東京の秋葉原と大阪の梅田のヨドバシビジョンにて9月1日~30日の間、毎日、時間をお知らせします。
見かけたら、みんな見てねニコニコさくらんぼ

いまからマネージャーとティータイムコーヒードキドキドキドキ

少女時代ドキドキドキドキドキドキドキドキみっけキラキラ
KARAないかな~?

[Image 1]
Some time ago I did some photographing <3

I’m announcing that I will be on the Yodobashi Visions in Tokyo’s Akihabara and Osaka’s Umeda from September 1st~30th, every day, every hour.
Everyone look out for it ^^

After this I’m going to go have tea time with my manager. <33
[Image 2]
[Image3]
I found SNSD <333333333333333
I wonder why there’s no KARA.

Translated by: Kanki@Soshified.com
Source: [LINK]

Offline usa~sayu

• ~Fany Kingdom~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~sweet kiss~
« Reply #4994 on: August 09, 2010, 09:41:48 PM »
My Kanna in front of SNSD. Double WIN :wub:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #4995 on: August 09, 2010, 10:39:02 PM »
Aww, she's such a k-pop fangirl. Cool post, Kanki, I did a little cross-post/quote of it to the K-pop x H!P thread:thumbup

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #4996 on: August 10, 2010, 03:59:30 AM »
It's okay. I know none of these fan accounts are real because Yuri and tama aren't in them. :D
No no, no. That's why it's real. We stayed in our room the whole time, that's why no one saw us.

There are shitloads of fan accounts and of course some are real. But with some, there might be some bragging in it which leads to more exaggeration of what actually happened. This actually taught me not to trust any fanaccs wholeheartedly, even the Korean ones.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #4997 on: August 10, 2010, 05:32:11 AM »
With twitter, all the forums, anonymity and everything else it could be real it could be complete disinformation it could be something in between. I always try to take most of it with a good degree of skepticism. Everybody has their own perceptions and agendas. Even me. :lol:

Speaking of accounts : p

Quote from: silis7noy
Some words about our girls twitted by one of the filming crew who traveled to Phuket together.

... Where did these girls get that (toy lizard?) I turned around and saw it and almost fainted.. there are no other childlike pranksters like them

When people are playing a game together there is always that one person who keeps losing keke the word ending game that traps Tiffany.. it might make the kid tear up.. Much more cheerful atmosphere all around I'm getting excited together!

"I can do everything through those who give me strength" she said it's based on a Bible verse and says that the "who" to her are the members who she described as her family. It's only been short while but the more I experience them the more I'm affected by these girls with warmhearted personalities..

(...)

More words from a different crew member. These staffers are one of the original sources that first broke the Phuket photoshoot rumor last week.

They work it beyond whatever we make them wear these active and zealous girls... having mermorized the past issues of Dazed & Confused Jessie is impressive heh...

Again today the girls eat eat eat and eat again....... heh hearing the fact that they were never given this type of vacation in Korea it's surprising and saddening.. One thing's for sure their food intake approaches that of adult men's...

...more than what I had thought going beyond being just friendly I can see the camaraderie of this bonded family.. As long as the environment supports it I can feel that these girls' era will continue for a long time

Sudden appearance of a toy chicken on this hot day.. Where did they get that from and they are very loud heh..... The staff have started to run out of energy but they seem unaffected it's interesting

I wonder what they are doing while there. I'm guessing it's primarily like a vacation? With some photobook shootings? I don't know what else it could possibly be. :?

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #4998 on: August 10, 2010, 08:25:17 AM »
Yeah, it seems like mostly vacation and very little shooting :lol:. The girls food costed about 70k baht for the first day or two, I think.

Japanese DVD;

Where's the rip? I wanna see clips from the tour!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:30:39 AM by tamatron »

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #4999 on: August 10, 2010, 08:40:27 AM »
So about $2000 worth of food? that's not bad for 9 girls really.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyuna - How`s This