JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - KIMI GA INAI MIRAI

Author Topic: The Official Rap Thread  (Read 663311 times)

Offline shinichi

The Official Rap Thread (NEW WU-TANG ALBUM 2007 | DL Puffy Victory last pg)
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2005, 02:04:14 AM »
Quote from: Masashi
I love his Champion Ep and Shadows On The Sun album.
If you haven't heard them you should definitely check them out if you have a chance.

Oh yea, those are good shit. I'm listening to Room With a View as I type.

Quote from: ~Tettekete~
Yeah i like freestyle battle ! On Bet channel no ?
I like the chinese rapper Jin

Nah, the BET battles are weak compared to the street battles. I heard Jin is pretty good at freestyling, but I got a very bad first impression of him. The first battle I saw him at was against Sage Francis, and Jin got his ass worked, to say the least. Granted, Sage Francis is one of the best freestylers out there, but still... Jin got rockt.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2005, 12:53:44 PM »
New ODB!!

Ol’ Dirty Serves Up “Coochie”!

Dirt McGirt is up to his old mischief again! This time, the late, great ODB is teamed up with the loudest mouth outta the ATL, Ludacris, for a love song of sorts that only the mad genius of Russell Jones could possibly come up with. Check out “Coochie” right here on defjam.com!

Go down to "New Audio"
http://www6.defjam.com/site/home.php

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2005, 08:52:50 AM »
Yo...the new Common is aight. Just listening to it now...a bit too laid back. I did like the Chi-City track but most of it was like lounge music sampling.

You like Talib Kweli? another Kanye West buddy. His new disc is kinda the same.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2005, 09:02:45 AM »
BE = Album of the year, i can't see any album topping it unless that MF Doom/Ghostface collabo comes out this year.
Talib and his buddy Mos Def are both great but their latest releases were really average. Kweli dropped the worst album of his career and Mos was on some rock shit. You should peep Kweli's Beautiful Mixtape Vol.2 featuring Luda, Ghost, Mos Def, Saigon, Jean Grae etc. It fucking murders the album.

BRING BACK BLACKSTAR!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2005, 09:34:21 AM »
Hmm...looks like Mos Def has been spending too much time acting. I only copped Talib's 2002 release. It was aight ... but his flow is weak.

Though, sue me for being commercial but The Game's shit has me head nodding. And he was in my town last week and the security was tight to prevent wannabe gangstas from acting up. haha. I'm just wondering what the hell was sampled on his new single with 50. Can't help it fool. The hook is stuck in my head. Hate it or love it the underdog's on top And
I'm gonna shine homie until my heart stop I'm raps MVP And I ain't goin' nowhere so you can get to know me  
:lol:

Offline rave

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2005, 09:52:01 AM »
hey im new here..i like rap btw
^-^

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2005, 10:10:00 AM »
ODB's Most Outrageous Moments:

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3MUNYNOTBLYHG1RK2XJEUFSZZF

Rest In Peace Ol' Dirty!

Quote from: rave
hey im new here..i like rap btw

Who are your fav rappers?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2005, 11:36:37 PM »
Quote from: Masa
ODB's Most Outrageous Moments:

Rest In Peace Ol' Dirty!

That was great man!! I heard about the whole "Limo and Food Stamps" shit but never knew it was a stunt to prove how stupid the welfare people are. To take the cover of his "Return to the 36 Chambers" debut CD

and cash it in for food stamps!! "Why would you want to get free money?"  :lol: The System is fucked up and it shows. ODB was more than just a crazy guy on drugs and in trouble with the law. He paved the way for the charismatic characters like Mystikal and Lil Jon to do there thing just like Flavor Flav and Busta Rhymes did before them. Ain't no one ever gonna see the likes of him again...hopefully the Wu can fill the gaps with more raw audio. There's prolly shitloads of tapes lying around.

Did you watch MTV Trippin last week? Redman was in Bhuatan at the time and raised a flag in honor of Dirt Dawg:

http://rapidshare.de/files/1227429/redman_odb_trippin.mpg.html

REDMAN REMEMBERS ODB IN REMOTE BHUTAN  

Rapper REDMAN paid a lasting tribute to former WU TANG CLAN bandmate OL' DIRTY BASTARD while filming a TV travel show with CAMERON DIAZ in Bhutan by erecting a prayer flag in his honour.

Redman, real name REGGIE NOBLE, was shooting MTV's TRIPPIN' with Diaz, BLINK-182's MARK HOPPUS and actress EVA MENDES in Buddhist Bhutan last November (04) when he heard about ODB's death.

And, upon learning that locals erected flags to mark the passing of family members, he decided to remember his friend in the same way in a village at the top of a mountain.

In the footage, which aired in America on Monday (04APR05), Redman explains, "We hung this flag up in the memory of ODB. I can't be at the memorial service or the wake.

"I'm way out here right now but I'm still keeping him in spirit, so we hung this flag up in memory of ODB in the highest place on the highest mountain. May his spirit last forever."

Diaz, who fronts the MTV show admits she admired her pal's professionalism when he was obviously upset about his pal's death: "He decided to stick it out the best he could."

06/04/2005 03:14  

And to all you fanatic wu-heads out there, the places you need to be right now are:

1) RIPODB.tk!

2) Chambermusik.com - THE Wu-Tang Radio & community, a great group of people including many of the wu family themselves - ALL wu-tang related news will be posted here first so REGISTER NOW!

3) Methical.com - An unofficial Method Man forums and web-site with a thriving community

4) Wutangcorp.com - Once one of the biggest forums on the net, keep
this page bookmarked for updates and the next version, overlooked by the RZA! (down??)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2005, 12:36:41 AM »
And I completely forgot to post this but it's been 10 YEARS (on March 26) since we lost Eazy-E

His boy's like getting in the game too. Lil E with guest apperances by Cube and shit.

Q: Lil E would you like to tell us about yourself and where you grew up

A: Compton CA, same house my father grew up in, born and raised right there the same hood.

Q: What happened to your football career:

A: Before my last season in high school, I fucked up my ankle up again, I then got back into trouble in the streets, so I played it out my 12th grade year. but it wasnt for me school wasnt for me. It was too much, so then music fell in the hands.

Q: So recording is what your doing right know

A: Yeah exactly, yup

Q: While growing up who were your influences

A: My father and Ice Cube, that what I grew up to

Q: When people first heard of you, you were on Julio Gs old show and you said that you were going to put out CD. And after that it seemed that you were affiliated with DPG. Are you still cool with Daz

A: That right there was promotional as Daz helping put that out, but there were no ties with DPG. It was a record label from the start called Lil E Recordz. But I am doing my own thing which is Kings Of LA Entertainment, my own production company through Virgin Records. So hell nah, that all behind me behind me right know. But it wasnt with DPG though

Q: Tell us about your recording deal:

A: Shit networking, so I bumped heads with my n**** Pete Farmer, who me and him put the production company Kings Of LA together and then we networked through there and then got of the ground and I signed and know hes going to get shit crackin, coming out next year

Q: Is the deal with Virgin what you were looking for:

A: Hell yeah, I got my own production company and I am doing my thing. Yeah it was a big motha fukkin deal

Q: Were there other labels bidding for you

A: Yeah there was, but you know its like I wanted to be my own and do my own thing and thats why I'm ?compilizing? my n**** Pete, so that how we doing it

Q: Tell us what we can expect as far a producers and guest appearances on your debut CD

A: As far as producing I have my own camp. I got a hot ass young producers that is on Kings of LA with me my n**** DL. And as far as features features, you know I am going to put it together NWA record, I got Bone-Thugs N Harmony, and basically this first album though is going to be kind slim on guest appearances . I am going to show them how I do it though. The NWA record and Bone records is a tribute towards my pops you know what I'm sayin but thats how I am holding it down, and other than that its me.

Q: Many people were saying that you were going to sign with Ruthless, what happend

A: You know its personal reason why I didnt sign with Ruthless. But mainly because I wanted to be my own man, you know what I'm sayin, so I branched off and did my own thing. Aint no bad ties or nothing my stepmother owns Ruthless, I dont know much at whats going on through there, I keep to myself and I have Kings of LA that I got to worry about

Q: Will you have any tracks with you late great father Eazy-E on your debut CD

A: Yeah, we have a nice one for everybody

Q: Is it the rumored Boyz in the Hood track

A: Not exactly, its a surprise. I cant give to much out. But its going to hit you all

Q: Have you spoken to Suge Knight, cause I know you had a track where you dissed him

A: Yeah he met with my folks, and we chopped it up here and there. So not to much to say and yeah and that was an old track and while ago.

Q: D o you yourself as the person who will revive the west coast. As the new leader of the westcoast:

A: Exactly, yeah.

Q:I know you did a song with The Game,"My Confessions", are you planning on recording with The Game again

A: We got a few things in plan to come together.

Q: D o you plan on putting out any mixtapes

A: We got a Kings of LA mixtape with my camp, and yeah I'm going to bless it on that mix tape, not to much, not to much, but I am going to give them another little taste of what I got.

Q: When can we expect the mixtape and will it be available online

A: Probably in the next month or so, probably sooner than that, and it will be available online.

Q: Have you spoken with DJ Yella, Dirty Red, Dresta.

A: Yeah I got good connection with them good relationship with them, exactly. They call and check in and show there love and support, yeah.

Q: D o you write your own lyrics

A: Yeah I do, yes I do

Q: D o you consider yourself and gangsta rapper or lyricist or will you combine them both

A: Yeah you can combine it, but more or so a gangsta rap level. But you can combine both of them, yeah

Q: What do you think of the lack of respect and coverage of westcoast acts

A: Yeah thats another point and issue I am going to put out through my album. And its something I to much dont like. Because you know what I'm saying, everybody got that copy cat trend in gangsta rap and the first thing they say is fuck the police, and not knowing where it really came from, so much luck it should be showing back on this side.

Q: What is going to be the name of your debut CD:

A:"2Eazy"

Q: Will it be a two disc

A: One disc, but I am going to bless it like a muthafukka

Q: Will you be working with Dr. Dre

A: Our ties have crossed here and there, and there will be a few projects we link up on.

Q: So there will be a NWA you will be working on

A: Nah, it a track on the album on my album. The whole NWA group is doing a track

Q: Back in the days these hip hop CDs that came out were classics. There was no need for the skip button. Will your CD be a classic

A: I am going to tell this its a classic my n**** , its a whole movement, its like a movie so aint going to be no skipping what so ever you not going to want to skip though it. So it has a whole movement to it cause I coming rapping it up with a movie with it too, later down the line. Everything everybody wants to know about Eazy, you know coming through my mouth, his son

Q: We can expect the movie later on in 2005

A: Yeah, exactly

Q: Any last words

A: Its time for a whole new movement in the westcoast. Its Eazy time

And I dunno about The Game having beefs with everyone  just to make a name for himself. Why don't beef with Outkast or Twista? Aren't you just shooting yourself in the foot if you attack  fellow Aftermath artists?

Why attack Xzibit? The Game has been quoted as calling Xzibit "garbage" and some reports suggested that Game actually stated that he hated Xzibit despite never meeting the Pimp My Ride MTV Star.

In a recent interview with Justin Russo, Xzibit spoke on the Games comments and what his thought process was. He told Raptism.Com and XzibitCentral.Com this:

"I think that the Game is a young dude that is definitely coming into a serious game and its hard to say man, I don’t think the dude really understands the ramifications of really talking out of turn you know? I mean I don’t come from speaking on other things, I come from just actions and I don’t know I mean if he has a problem with me im not hard to find. I think that hip hop is going to the degree of the “WWE” and when people feel as though they need to feel personified by their image and what not".

X went on to say, "I'm a real dude, im a father first and I don’t think he understands that when you are dealing from a level of realness that all that shit don’t matter, its like everybody’s shooting and everybody can be touched. I just hope that where he's coming from is from a genuine place and if he really has those genuine feelings towards me, he needs to come speak and address that cause im not hard to find"

and then he goes on tour with Snoop - saying they're trying to bring unity to The West Coast:

Snoop Dogg greeted the media Wednesday with his signature "Westsiiide" shout-out, but never before was it so appropriate. Snoop was joined by the Game for a press conference to promote their upcoming How the West Was One Tour, which the rappers described as a major step toward unity in West Coast hip-hop.

"I hate to bring the whole gang thing into play, but him being from Long Beach and being a Crip and me being from Compton and being a Blood just sets a whole new future," Game explained. "This is so much more bigger than a poster with our faces on it. This provides for a new unified and diverse West Coast community as a whole."

Unity, Snoop said, is the key to Southern California returning to the center of the hip-hop universe, where it was when Tupac and Dr. Dre were at their most prominent and he was just getting started.

"We're gonna go out and represent the West Coast and do a show that can bring back the West Coast," Snoop said of the tour, which kicks off April 15 in Salt Lake City. "It's about time, right?"

Snoop and Game toured Europe together last month, and they promised the North American version will be bigger and better.

"We've both grown as entertainers," Snoop said. "We learned from each other. He was doing things onstage that was dazzling me. We know we gotta represent a little harder 'cause this is the home front and you gotta take care of your living room before you go outside."

"It ain't no funny business, no flying midgets or funny lights," Game added. "Just me and Dogg and real hip-hop."

Game said he'll be joining Snoop during his set — that is, when he's not watching in adoration. "I've been a fan of Snoop Dogg's since I had a lunch pail," he said. "Now my knees are shaking 'cause he's the king of the West. But I don't mind being the prince.

"I get a little nervous [being his opening act], but at the end of the day, I'm gonna put on a great show 'cause I know all the pressure's on him," Game continued. "I'm just loosening the screws, he's gotta tear the roof off. And when I'm done I don't leave, I walk around the fence and sit out there and watch, 'cause I'm a fan of hip-hop and I'm a fan of this man. I've studied him and he's helped mentor me."

The respect is apparently mutual. "I call Game the choice of a new generation, he's like Pepsi," joked Snoop, who met Game years ago through DJ Pooh. "The opportunity I was given through Death Row and Dr. Dre is the same opportunity that Game is getting. We always say we want the young generation to have it, but you have to open up your arms when they come in the game. I was giving him love before he was signed. He always was real with the game, which is way the game is real with him now."

Wednesday's press conference was held on the set of Snoop's next video, a medley of "Ups & Downs" and "Bang Out." Game and his Black Wall Street crew will co-star.

"I wanted to have Game be a part of it because we're so down with each other, but visually you're not seeing it," Snoop said. "I want everybody to understand that we're not just going on tour together for the money, this is a real love thing — we really care for each other."

Snoop also used the press conference to show off his new Doggy Biscuitz shoe line with Pony, taking a shoe off his foot and putting it in front of the cameras. "I just had to put a shoe out to represent this West Coast culture, this lifestyle that we stand for, 'cause there's no one doing that," he said.

Game said he's working on a sneaker of his own with Reebok that'll come out early next year in conjunction with his second album.

It's still unclear whether Game's truce with 50 Cent means the rappers will work together again, as Game avoided questions about the topic Wednesday.

"At the end of the day, that's just a dead issue, and I just want to move on to the How the West Was One Tour," he said. When asked if he's spoken to 50 since their press conference, he said, "Next question."

SOURCE: http://www.raptism.com

Snoop's maaaad wicked live though. I like that uncle weed guy he brings up on stage :thumbsup

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus Wu-Tang Clan ain't
nuttin ta fuck wit!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2005, 01:09:56 AM »
The RZA on Nightline!!  :w00t:

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=13EFDELXS08F309DHOJ6YB0LHW

Beefs = Wrestling. So true. The guy is a fuckin genius, I'd like to pick his brain on all facets of hip hop and life.

Props to Masa for the upload. ALL WU-HEADS NEED TO DL!

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2005, 03:00:40 AM »
Quote from: Son Goku
Y'all don't know about Mike Jones...

Texas is the home of playas and pimps. 8)

Yeah, Thimas.

YEA MAN. MIKE JONES AND Swisha House! That song isn't bad.

Last week this local group from dallas, specifically Irving (Crooked I) :lol:   came to my school and sang some songs. At the time I had no idea who they were, but all the Latinos girls were all over the place. Their songs weren't too bad but their speaker were horrible.

http://www.playandskillz.com/

Offline delerium

• Ass & Titties
  • Member+
WTF... MC CHRIS IS ON TOUR??? LINK

For those that don't know... MC Chris is a regular on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.  He voices Hesh on Sealab 2021 and has voiced Meatwad's favorite musician MC Pee-Pants on Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Go to the website and download (for free) his first "album".  Fett's Vette is a freaking classic.

Gotta try and get tix for tomorrow's Philly show.

Offline Gimme Dem Junks

• 66% SEXY. 33% HAWT. 1% EVIL!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Quote from: delerium
WTF... MC CHRIS IS ON TOUR??? LINK

For those that don't know... MC Chris is a regular on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.  He voices Hesh on Sealab 2021 and has voiced Meatwad's favorite musician MC Pee-Pants on Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Go to the website and download (for free) his first "album".  Fett's Vette is a freaking classic.

Gotta try and get tix for tomorrow's Philly show.

I totally went to his concert in DC last night.

If you can go to the concert in Philly, you definitely try.  It was a lot of fun.   :D

Offline joey-longnails

im a old school cat 100% hip hop and i see how shitty the music is now..its like grand theft auto..everybody know that if they wanna sell thit, they better do the same thing that made the next cat a millionare.. ill stick with underground cat..heiro, freestyle felloship, nas srakim, (glad he got off aftermath) the game got potential..if he gets away from from 50s fake ass and lets dre teach him he can stand on his ..50 will make more albums and his sells will get lower and lower, until he has to start a big and pac style beef with somebody just to sell rcords..to me record sells aint shit...a bently may be a nice car to roll in, but so is a vw beetle...RAP IS WHAT YOU DO..HIP HOP IS WHAT YOU ARE YOU ARE

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
92: So Rza....how was it doing the Music score for Unleashed.....

Rza: actually...Unleashed been out for a while over in Europe, but the feedback in the US was minimal, they bought me in, and had me watch the entire movie, give my take, and then do the score.

92Q: did u like the movie?

Rza: yes...a lot, but a few changes were needed

92Q: so do you ever get corrected when doing a score...or do they trust your judgement?

Rza, yea, all the time...like when i did Kill Bill.....Quentin was like "I want Rza...not Bobby Digital" (Laughs)

92: whats up with the Clan right now...any Clan albums in the works?

Rza: yes.....we going to do it big time this go round...we very serious...Pretty Tony is in the studio laying tracks for his next solo joint....for Raes Cuban Linx pt2, and for the next Wu Joint......Meth been in the studio for 2 months, and all he has is 3 songs.....just 3 songs...thats how serious and particular we are about our present music.....I told Meth...imma take you back to the top...i promise....Meth was like the first "Street" rapper to win a grammy.

92: So is all the fam going to be on this one?

Rza: yes.....like Wu Forever......like when i did triumph....Radio and Video stations was telling me it was to long...i had to edit it....i told them...take it as is...or they wont get nothing, feel me?....next thing you know...we did the impossible....we got a 6 minute song on the radio...6 minutes man...thats serious..its unheard of..a 6 minute video, we taking it back to that.

92: So, do you think Wu Tang reinvented hipop?

Rza We reinvented the way hip hop was structured, and what i mean is....you have a group signed to a lable (Loud), yet the infrastructure of our deal was like anyone elses...we still could negotiate with any lable we wanted, like Meth went with Def Jam, Rae stayed with Loud....Ghost went with Sony...Gza went with Geffen...feel me?....and all these lables still put "Razor Sharp Records" on the credits....Wu Tang was a financial Movement

92: Wu Tang Financial, huh? (Laughs)

Rza: so what do u wanna diversify?..your assets? (Laughs)

92: so what else Rza been doing?

Rza: well, im now listed as the first producer/Composer in the game....so now you can put Composer on my resume'...I remember droping 20/30/40/50k to go to Cali to just hang out with people like Stanley Clark, Quincey JOnes....to attend there functions....now im apart of those functions....people was telling me i was stupid for spending money to be around megastars...but what i was doing was investing money into myself...and thats what we as blacks need to start doing...invest in yourself. They always tell us to invest in black, invest into your community, but first we have to invest in self....believe and then "Unleash" yourself (Laughs)

92: Who do u respect in the game right now producer wise?

Rza: Well, i rap to a lot of them, like Quik, Dre, Premo, Kanye & Just Blaze of course, Alchemist, my lil man Havok doing his thing. its so many, but I use my own style which i think is the best.

92: so you think you are the best?

Rza: of course, and thats not putting anyone else down, but if you dont belive in yourself, you are already defeated, again, not to put anyother Producer down, but im the only one who is also a "Composer"...cant none of them say that.....They doing a show on BET on Black composers, they will list all the names....Quincy Jones...who showed me a lot, Stanley Clark whos the most underated musician in the world...my name.....no other producer, but i encourage all producers to spread your wings and dabble into other things besides Tracks.

92: I feel that...so what about Rappers...Lyrically?

Rza My man Nas of course, Jay Z be putting it down...um...um....Mos Def, Common, Talib, aof course the Gza...who i think is the best of them all lyrically, not cause he's my cousin, not cause he taught me how to breath over beats, not cause he's Wu Tang.....but if you were to never heard Liquid Swords ten years ago...and drop it right now, with not one word changed...you'd be amazed right now, and thats 10 years old what he was saying. And im not taking anything away from Illmatic or Reasonable Doubt or Ready to Die....but i guess you would say im biased

92: so what should we look for outta the Clan in the up and coming months?

Rza...I have a Book....very powerful....solos by Meth, Rae, Ghost and Master Killer and a Wu Album, we about to change the face of hip hop again

:w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
92: so what should we look for outta the Clan in the up and coming months?

Rza...I have a Book....very powerful....solos by Meth, Rae, Ghost and Master Killer and a Wu Album, we about to change the face of hip hop again

I wonder when the Cure is gonna drop.  But a WU ALBUM is in the works!
word.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
WORD. The only stuff I listen to is pre-1995, just pull out the N.W.A., PE, and Wu-Tang Clan...you bitch Luda, The RZA has been hanging with Q waaay before you:

And can't wait for RZA to get Meth back on track too:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1501767/20050512/rza.jhtml?headlines=true

Anyone hear RZA's track on the new Jet Li movie "Unleashed" ?? The latest EW has an article about The RZA, I'll scan it soon.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
^^ WOOT thanks MochaNutz, I was looking for that! Here's the article from this week's Entertainment Weekly:

RZA talks about his reinventing himself and how he blames himself for ODB's death.  :cry:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Whaddya know, it's "Hip-Hop Awareness Week" ... well, I'm aware

Jin Calls it QUITS!

http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=7106

GOOD RIDDANCE!!

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
I guess we can officially talk about the Com - Be album since it came out last week.

So far, it seems the same as the leaked web-rip except now on the "They Say" track Consequence's verse is replaced with a Kanye Verse.  I think they shoulda kept Consequence.  But besides that, Common - Be is a VERY strong candidate for Album of the Year.  11 tracks of pure quality, no bullshit interludes, and you can listen to it straight through (something I rarely do with albums).  I think it captured the soulful vibe it wanted to achieve.

Hmm, what else... Oh, The John Cena album isn't too bad!  I was surprised that it would sound as good as it does.  Some decent productions and some great guests (7L & Esoteric, Freddy Foxx), and the lyrics/delivery aren't to bad on Cena's end.  I'm not really feelin' The Trademarc, but its still all good.  I recommend a listen if you haven't already.

The album i'm bumpin' is Emanon - The Waiting Room yet again.  THe're gonna perform here in Toronto during the North By NorthEast Festival June 9-11.  Its a showcase of all the new up and coming artists, mostly canadian talent.

Same with the Zion I - True and Livin' album.  DOPE.

Got the B.E.P. album.  The "Like That" track is dope.  Seeing how their last album went, I didn't expect a track with Cee-Lo, John Legend, Q-Tip and Kweli on it.  Apl is also doing his thing with the Bebot song.  Yay Filipinos! ^_^  I need to brush up on my tagalog =)

Anyways, w3rd, a lot of quality music here and there =)  I'm currently gettin' the MF DOOM special herbs 9-10.  I'm waiting to hear that.  Can't wait for that Doom Ghost collabo.
word.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - KIMI GA INAI MIRAI