JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spica - That Night

Author Topic: Game: Lost In Tokyo (ep 1-4, ep5 postponed/canceled)  (Read 9770 times)

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Game: Lost In Tokyo (ep 1-4, ep5 postponed/canceled)
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »
I saw this show getting announced. Too bad they wanted people who didn't know anything about Japan.
I forgot to watch the show when it came on TV. But thanks for the link reyfer :)
Watched the first 2 episodes of the show. The contestants are dorks. It looks they don't really want to adept to the culture.
Then some of the girls putted on the maid costume but kept their pants on.  :err:

It's about people in a GAME show. But they don't want to adept to the games and act stubborn almost all the time.
With the hard gay part it went a bit better. Some of the guys did their best doing wacky things. Like the slide and the wasabi.
But the girls seemed to have problems with this enjoyment of others mishaps
The show could be way more fun if the should try harder...
I understand why they canceled the show. I only hoped they made more episodes. Maybe they want to give the show another chance...
On the website they now have Japanese people lost in Amsterdam. But it isn't as good as the original idea. And the fragments are very short too.

On dutch television you also have these crazy game shows from BNN. Like "rat van fortuin" and try before you die.
Sometimes these shows are just as crazy as jackass or some of the batsu games those Japanese do. XD
It isn't new that people need to try all sorts of crazy things on television.

I had a feeling BarrieV could be dutch but i didn't know for sure and frblckstr1 and reyfer seem to be dutch too  :O

Offline kingthaking81

• konkon's bonbons
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 01:27:18 PM »
i'm dutch too , muahahah O0

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 01:42:31 PM »
Sugoi, so many Dutchies  :lol:

We should have a Jph!p goed Holland meeting or something  XD

I'd still like to see the rest of the episodes. The first bunch we're terrible because of the lousy contestants.. but the three worst ones of them are gone.. so the rest of the episodes could have a better vibe..

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 10:21:46 PM »
Sorry for the double post and thread bump.. but! They started airing the show in Belgium, so this could mean we finally get to see the rest of the episodes!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 07:33:40 AM »
Which channel and when? I can't get all channels here (actually I think I can get only 'een').

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 10:01:06 AM »
^Monday 20.35 on 2BE.

ah I misunderstood my Belgium friend. It's not the episodes we saw, but they started over again with Belgium candidates! The concept is exactly the same. Some of the content too; meeting hard gay etc etc..

http://www.tv-visie.nl/?pagina=nieuwsbericht&rubrieknr=8&bericht=21791

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 10:18:25 AM by BarrieV »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 12:17:08 PM »
ah I misunderstood my Belgium friend. It's not the episodes we saw, but they started over again with Belgium candidates! The concept is exactly the same. Some of the content too; meeting hard gay etc etc..

http://www.tv-visie.nl/?pagina=nieuwsbericht&rubrieknr=8&bericht=21791
That sure is the same game, with 100% the same start it looks like (maybe they where there around the same time??)

2BE I think is called brtn2 (or Ketnet/Canvas) with my CAI provider, I'll have a look at see how the Belgiums do it, can't be much worse then the Dutch did :)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 01:19:51 PM »
2BE isn't the same as brtn2/Ketnet/Canvas (if I understand correctly). However, I think they're gonna put the episodes up at http://www.iwatch.be/ ...eventually.

Overal, I think they'll do better than the Dutchies. If you look at the Belgians in the show "China for Beginners", they seem more interested and more respectful to other cultures. Aw well, who knows.. we'll see  :)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 01:22:00 PM by BarrieV »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 08:26:38 AM »
Ep1 is up on iwatch, but it wants to 'upgrade' my player, probably installing some DRM??

http://www.iwatch.be/2007/player.html?item_id=6791

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spica - That Night