JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Windom

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 34091 times)

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Team Fortress 2
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:30:36 AM »
Anyone else been playing this since it's beta release with the orange box?  It's about the most fun I've ever had playing a first person shooter game, and it's only getting better by the day as I learn the maps and classes. <3

KAPOW  O0

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:04:53 AM »
I PLAY THIS!!! IT'S THE GREATEST GAME SINCE LIKE THE FIRST ONE! lol

Been playing it every night!

I like playing soldier mostly but I also go medic whenever there isn't any on the team.

I'd love to play on a server with you LaJon but my ping would be like 300 T_T
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:34:18 AM by ebc »

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 08:56:53 AM »
I PLAY THIS!!! IT'S THE GREATEST GAME SINCE LIKE THE FIRST ONE! lol

Been playing it every night, (as eyeballcancer) if anyone else in Australia plays, add me to your Steam friends.

I like playing soldier mostly but I also go medic whenever there isn't any on the team.

I'd love to play on a server with you LaJon but my ping would be like 300 T_T

Added.  Lol yeah, I'd be down for it though.  TF2 is the kinda game that I could play at 300 ping and still have fun.  Don't know if the people in the server would appreciate someone with that kinda ping though.

Soldier for me too.  I've spent way too many years in Quake games to waste my talents at rocket predictions  :D

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 09:00:44 AM »
haha you wanna play? I'll hop on now.
Actually there's been a few ppl with high pings play ok, if you're lucky you might only sit on 200 or so which isn't too bad.
See you in there

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 08:14:26 PM »
I'll be down for playing sometime later tonight maybe.  I've been zonked out pretty bad lately from the meds I'm taking since getting my wisdom teeth pulled recently, so I haven't actually been playing as much as I'd like to. x_x

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 03:42:40 AM »
Ahh that sucks, actually that reminds I need to get my wisdom teeth looked at one of these days.

Anyway I'll try get on as soon as I get home from work.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 01:38:09 PM »
 O0 I was pro at medic this round hehee

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 01:38:38 PM by ebc »

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 08:08:24 PM »
With half of my computer's memory broken, I can't test this yet :(

What are the major changes from the original (QuakeWorld) Team Fortress? Or if you haven't played that, from the Team Fortress Classic (Half-Life). I heard that there's no more grenades? Is there still classic maps like 2fort5r and Well6 ?

coot is ctz

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 08:31:10 PM »
Yeah it still has some classic maps. 

There are no more grenades unless you're a demo

Scouts have a powerful sawed-off shotgun and can do double-jumps, no more caltrops either.

Medics channel heals to players and as they do so gain an "uber charge".  If they fill up their uber charge bar, they can make themselves and the person they've been channeling heals to invincible for like 10 seconds or so. You also have a "syringe gun" as your main source of attack when it does come down to defending yourself, but you're mainly just keeping everyone alive.

HWG is pretty much the same

Soldiers are pretty much the same, but they hold a LOT more rockets now.  You pretty much never run out of ammo before you die

Engineers are pretty much the same, but can now build teleports as well so that you're able to cut travel time and all that.

Demos are pretty much the same with the whole normal grenades + nades you can detonate with the press of a button.

Pyro is pretty much the same

Sniper's don't have to hold down their fire button to bring out the laser sight anymore.  When you press the zoom button, it shows up as a weak dot through your scope and gains strength depending on how long you're in zoom.  When it reaches 100% power, your shot is the strongest.

Spies probably have the biggest change from their original.  They can disguise themselves still, but they can also cloak themselves for a short time (invisible + dropping disguise to allow you to move at normal speed) to actually get behind enemy lines and sneak up on people even better.  Backstab is still the main deal, but what's nice is that you also have sapper charges you can put on the items that engineers build that will cause them to explode.

I think that's about it as far as classes go.  Correct me if I'm wrong though. o.o
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 02:31:46 AM by LaJon »

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 04:54:17 PM »
I'm going to be getting it for Xbox 360, so I'm not going to get it for computer and ruin my thoughts about the controls. XD
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline Sukebei

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 11:28:09 AM »
Sweet, didn't know you guys played; I totally need more peeps to play TF2 with ^^  Steam friend thing goes by account name right?  Mine should be gattsu, I'll add you two (ebc and LaJon) so we can light up some newbs.  I change my actual nick around, currently it's t3h s0ggy, but I'll change it to Sukebei so you'll hopefully accept my invite =p.  Oh and to clear up something I was misled by, for anyone who's played TFC and hasn't yet tried this:  When they say only demo's have grenades, they are referring to the demo's nade launcher.  All handheld grenades are completely gone (and it's way better that way too).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 11:55:09 AM by Sukebei »
Other FFDShow Guides/Templates: Link1 Link2

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »
Sounds like it's time for a JPH!P Steam community? :o

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 02:14:06 PM »
I've just got myself a torrent of TF2 but it said the gameinfo.txt file was missing and closed itself...I got the said file from the t'Internet but it doesn't seem to have done much good. It doesn't say the file is missing anymore but instead it just runs the Valve logo screen then a couple of seconds into the loading screen it switches itself off, any ideas what the problem could be?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 02:14:22 PM by Cookie Holiday »

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 04:38:03 PM »
I've just got myself a torrent of TF2 but it said the gameinfo.txt file was missing and closed itself...I got the said file from the t'Internet but it doesn't seem to have done much good. It doesn't say the file is missing anymore but instead it just runs the Valve logo screen then a couple of seconds into the loading screen it switches itself off, any ideas what the problem could be?

I've never fooled around with bootleg Steam games before, so I don't have a clue as how they operate.  Just buy the Orange Box  :grin:

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 05:19:40 PM »
I will actually take a look at how much it is if I can get this damn thinking working and it's worth it. I think I'm pretty much stuck at the mo because a couple of other people with the official game also have the same problem and so far itlooks as though nobody's found a solution. It says I need DX8 but I have version 9...how bizarre.

Offline Sukebei

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 06:25:34 AM »
It's 44.95 if you pre-purchase before oct. 11th (i think), and you get to start playing TF2 right away.  I bought it just for TF2 and I think it's totally worth it, best mulitplayer FPS since TFC lol.
Other FFDShow Guides/Templates: Link1 Link2

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 06:44:07 AM »
Definitely best game out at the moment and it's only beta :D

I keep telling everyone I see to buy it. Even if it's the only software they ever buy I think the orange box is the best deal.

I joined LaJon in a US server for a bit today hehe the ping was pretty bad, I was not doing so well at first but I kept at it and pulled in some points as a medic.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 06:44:41 AM by ebc »

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 07:29:03 AM »
Definitely best game out at the moment and it's only beta :D

I keep telling everyone I see to buy it. Even if it's the only software they ever buy I think the orange box is the best deal.

I joined LaJon in a US server for a bit today hehe the ping was pretty bad, I was not doing so well at first but I kept at it and pulled in some points as a medic.

That's what I like to see.  Had some good times earlier ;D

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 01:29:21 AM »
I've got this too. Lots of fun. I still suck though.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 01:15:34 PM »
haha of all cool things you can do in this game I think they'll probably be fixing this one pretty fast

[youtube=425,350]Pr1OPy2eOkQ[/youtube]

I'm sure most of the regular players have seen the heavy do gunrunning before?

Copy/Paste from fpsbanana.com cause I'm too lazy to type it out.

Basically what you have to do is:

1. Empty the gun of its ammo, and at the end keep the barrel spinning with left click.

2. Let go of left click, then press it again.. dont wait too long between clicks otherwise the bug wont work.

3. If you have done this right you should be holding your gun down and be running about, now hold down right mouse button so the barrel spins.

4. Go to the ammmo/medi cupboard and refill your ammo, now keep the right mouse button pressed and just tap left mouse when you need to fire.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 01:16:38 PM by ebc »

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Windom