JPHiP Radio (33/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Itano Tomomi - Belly Dancer

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 34009 times)

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 01:40:45 PM »
haha of all cool things you can do in this game I think they'll probably be fixing this one pretty fast

I'm sure most of the regular players have seen the heavy do gunrunning before?

Copy/Paste from fpsbanana.com cause I'm too lazy to type it out.

Basically what you have to do is:

1. Empty the gun of its ammo, and at the end keep the barrel spinning with left click.

2. Let go of left click, then press it again.. dont wait too long between clicks otherwise the bug wont work.

3. If you have done this right you should be holding your gun down and be running about, now hold down right mouse button so the barrel spins.

4. Go to the ammmo/medi cupboard and refill your ammo, now keep the right mouse button pressed and just tap left mouse when you need to fire.

Lol, can't say I've ever seen a Heavy do that in any pubs I've been to before.  Pretty neat glitch though ;D

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 12:47:00 AM »
Demoman trailer just released.  GO GO GO

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 01:53:39 AM »
Friends of mine were just on vent playing some TF2.  JPH!P should get a vent server  :O

hehe setting up now
Give this a go: ventrilo://ventserver.jphip.com:3784/servername=JPHiPVent&serverpassword=jphiprules

or ventserver.jphip.com and password: jphiprules

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 06:57:42 AM »
uhhh.. I get really confused when I play this on the 360 o__O I'm thinking about buying it for the PC, would anyone help me learn it? ;D
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 07:20:14 AM »
uhhh.. I get really confused when I play this on the 360 o__O I'm thinking about buying it for the PC, would anyone help me learn it? ;D
Have you ever played a first person shooter on PC before? You might want to get used to using a keyboard and mouse. Seriously I dunno how people manage to use console controllers for FPS games. (unless it's Halo where the game movement is so slow it's easy to hit people)

The idea of the Team Fortress is pretty basic actually, if you're on the red team, shoot the blue guys, and if you're on the blue team, shoot the red guys.
All the while doing that, depending on what the map type is, usually have to capture the control points or if it's 2fort you have to capture the enemy intelligence (like capture the flag).
To do this you have to work as a team (or if you're a rambo style gamer go at it yourself, this sometimes works well if all the other players suck :D ).

The best thing to do is to watch other people play and do what they do.
The easiest class is to just go as a medic and just heal people lots with your heal gun thingo.

If you have any specific questions, just ask them here. Otherwise it's just a matter of trying things out.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 07:27:08 AM by ebc »

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 07:31:55 AM »
Have you ever played a first person shooter on PC before? You might want to get used to using a keyboard and mouse. Seriously I dunno how people manage to use console controllers for FPS games. (unless it's Halo where the game movement is so slow it's easy to hit people)

The idea of the Team Fortress is pretty basic actually, if you're on the red team, shoot the blue guys, and if you're on the blue team, shoot the red guys.
All the while doing that, depending on what the map type is, usually have to capture the control points or if it's 2fort you have to capture the enemy intelligence (like capture the flag).
To do this you have to work as a team (or if you're a rambo style gamer go at it yourself, this sometimes works well if all the other players suck :D ).

The best thing to do is to watch other people play and do what they do.
The easiest class is to just go as a medic and just heal people lots with your heal gun thingo.

If you have any specific questions, just ask them here. Otherwise it's just a matter of trying things out.

I always shoot the wrong guys, lulz, even though they're color coded.  I've been playing 2fort all the time and just following the arrow.  I usually just run in and.. die by a turret because I'm stupid.  Hahah.

I feel bad asking questions in game because I'm such a noob and people don't seem to help anyway.  XD  I've been using the Scout because he has the pistol and that seems to be the most effective for my noob self.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 07:49:21 AM »
I feel bad asking questions in game because I'm such a noob and people don't seem to help anyway.  XD  I've been using the Scout because he has the pistol and that seems to be the most effective for my noob self.

lol, well at least you're trying. I guess just keep playing it and try all the different classes.

To be honest though the scout's pistol is not quite a good weapon to use. Actually being scout can be quite difficult because they're very weak but many of the skilled players use them because of their speed and the scattergun is extremely powerful at close range and the baseball bat is handy too.

Actually, do the xbox players play on the same servers as the PC players? and do you have a Steam ID?

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 07:51:59 AM »

lol, well at least you're trying. I guess just keep playing it and try all the different classes.

To be honest though the scout's pistol is not quite a good weapon to use. Actually being scout can be quite difficult because they're very weak but many of the skilled players use them because of their speed and the scattergun is extremely powerful at close range and the baseball bat is handy too.

Actually, do the xbox players play on the same servers as the PC players? and do you have a Steam ID?

I don't know if they do, but I don't have a Steam ID.  Haven't tried any Steam games before this one and haven't tried it on the PC yet, so yeah. 

The first time I played I tried using Pyro but I didn't get many kills with that.  I kept trying to use the shotgun the same as on Gears, and it just doesn't work that way.  I'm kind of intimidated by classes like Medic and Engineer because they're not the same as just "run and gun" the offensive classes.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 08:11:04 AM »
Yeah medic's usually don't go out killing the enemy. Medics just heal people, and they get points whenever the person they're healing kills someone. Whenever someone goes as the heavy guy he usually doesn't get very far unless he has a medic to heal him.
As for the engineer, I've only ever used that class once and I failed XD so I don't know much about being engineer, but medic is easy just run along behind people with your heal gun, healing them.

Pyro's are good for running into a room with lots of people and just flaming as many people as possible. This creates a lot of chaos and while you might not get the kills straight away. You usually weaken everyone lots for other players to kill them quicker. 2 pyro's is even better :D

I think that maybe one of your mistakes is that you're using the secondary weapon too much. The secondary weapon is usually weak and you only use it when you run out of ammo or you're in a situation where you need to fire off a quick shot to kill someone. Otherwise whichever class you go as. Try to focus on using their primary weapon. (ie for pyro don't use the shotgun use your flamethrower, but it will only work up close)

If you do think you want to get the game for PC, check what specs you have and what the minimum requirements are. I'd say you'll want a decent videocard first.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 10:04:47 AM »
My brother appears to be really really good at the Engineer, I tried and didn't know what to do.

Also I tried to do the medic, but I was in private chat so I couldn't talk to my teammates and they kept trying to shoot me, thinking I was a spy.  I just shot my healing gun at them in response, haha.  I think I did better as a medic, but then the round went into sudden death and I was the last one.. and I was screwed.  ;____;

Yeah, I tend to use the shotgun on every game no matter whether it's weak or not, simple because I'm in "Gears" mode.  Other weapons scare me...

I think my graphics card kinda sucks, it's a Radeon 128mb, I doubt it'd be able to handle it...

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 03:00:50 AM »
I got the Orange Box today. Was playing TF2 earlier and doing fairly well with sniper. The game is quite fun, just like the first one. Now just waiting for my ram stick so it'll run smoother.

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 03:21:24 AM »
I got the Orange Box today. Was playing TF2 earlier and doing fairly well with sniper. The game is quite fun, just like the first one. Now just waiting for my ram stick so it'll run smoother.

Add LaJon to your friends list :o

Offline jChu*

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 05:04:14 AM »
I got the game yesterday and I've been playing it non-stop whenever I have some free time and having a blast at it.  I loved TFClassic but it was more of a casual game for me... but this will definitely be my new love for a long time.
Im glad how they went with the cartoon-ish theme... the expression and emotions of the characters are hilarious!

Feel free to add me on Steam
Steam ID: jChu25

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 10:56:15 PM »
Well I got it today and it doesn't run whatsoever, I'm not gonna bother going through the process of trying to get you guys to help me get it working because I've tried of stuff and trust me IT DOESN'T WORK lol. My only concern is that I won't be able to return the game as the key has been activated...hmmm, not very good considering I spent £33 on it. I may just go to the shop again and tell them it's unopened...bought it as a present but they already had it, that kind of thing.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2007, 04:43:42 AM »
What are the specs of your computer?

There's a lot of reasons why it won't run because it is quite a new game. Are you able to run just Halflife 2?

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2007, 02:09:08 PM »
Heheh, trust me it's good neough to run it...2ghz processor, 1gb RAM and a hard drive with over 100GB free to name just a few things. It's not even the graphics card as it runs games with higher requirements than that so...As for being able to run Half-Life 2, nah it just freaks out the whole computer. Oh well, I'm actually just about to return it now, if they don't let me though I'l go to the Gamestation in my hometown instead and say I bought it as a present and that whoever I bought it for already had it. To say I'm pissed off wouldbe a slight understatement considering I've checked out pretty much everything that could be wrong with it and still no dice.

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »
i was a huge fan of the first Team Fortress Classic. I loved the game so much. 
I have 2 quesitons:
1. Will this be on a console (so i can avoid buying a second laptop or a new desktop)
2. Does this game require half-life 2?
sorry if they are really dumb questions.
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2007, 05:19:25 PM »
^
1) the orange box also comes in Xbox 360 and PS3 version, so if you own the new gen console then you can play it
2) I don't think it requires half-life 2, but pretty sure it you will need to install Steam first before you can play (for the PC version at least)

now whether you can play MMO between the 3 systems I don't know
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2007, 07:26:26 PM »
Thanks JTRIX you went a little above what I asked and I appreciate it. I haven't decided yet to get a PS3 or Xbox 360 I think I'll just stick with a Wii, and get and save up for a new laptop.. then in a few months, I'll get a japanese ps3 or xbox IF i end up in japan.
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2007, 04:59:38 AM »
It's not even the graphics card as it runs games with higher requirements than that so...As for being able to run Half-Life 2, nah it just freaks out the whole computer.

Why would you sell yourself short like that though, if thousands of other people are able to play the game why can't you?

Update all your videocard and soundcard drivers. What error message do you get when you try run the game?

The reason I'm trying to help is because the game is WORTH trying to get running no matter what the problem may be. And you haven't tried everything until you do get it working. :p

JPHiP Radio (33/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Itano Tomomi - Belly Dancer