JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: DJ Ozma - Junjou ~sunjon~

Author Topic: Church ordered to pay $10.9 million for funeral protest  (Read 1788 times)

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
Re: Church ordered to pay $10.9 million for funeral protest
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:09:39 PM »
I don't have a source to quote from but I eard about this church like an hour ago anda  friend of mine said they'd been sued $40million. Either they were wrong or this was just one event of a few...I prefer to think the latter because it would be damn funny.

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 11:49:41 PM »
Ah, Westboro.  These are the same thugs that used to picket my school back when I lived in Topeka.  Yeah, they have no shame, they just want headlines.  It's like the forum-troll mentality extended to the 'real world' ^^

Although it's good to see that they at least have to pay up this time, the frightening truth is that they do actually receive financial support from certain...'sympathetic' individuals.  I doubt this will be the last we hear of them.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 12:00:49 AM »
This has already seen enough media attention, IMHO.
Its good that they had to pay up for their obvious disrespect, since this isn't the first time these damn fools have done this.

Quote from: Fracture
Although it's good to see that they at least have to pay up this time, the frightening truth is that they do actually receive financial support from certain...'sympathetic' individuals.
"Sympathetic individuals", pssssh whatever.
Those 'individuals' no doubt think along the same lines as those asswipes.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 12:40:08 AM »
Those 'individuals' no doubt think along the same lines as those asswipes.

That's what I mean ^^  Sympathy to their, um, 'cause' not sympathy in a general sense...It's been rumored in the past that they even have supporters in the state legislature.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 12:41:00 AM by Fracture »

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: DJ Ozma - Junjou ~sunjon~