JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Hyokkori Hyoutan Jima

Author Topic: Mass Effect  (Read 88618 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: Mass Effect
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2009, 01:13:46 AM »
That is a little odd. I found most of them just by methodically visiting every system. Usually you'll get the mission when you enter the system - or you'll see something there that's unusually.

This method gets you millions of credits from surveying too.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2009, 01:16:10 AM »
yea maybe because im playing the PC version. buggy  :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2009, 01:17:55 AM »
Be very thorough when it comes to finding ships in solar systems. They won't appear on the map and you have to use the cursor to locate the ship yourself hidden away somewhere. Check the asteroid belts, I remember that's where I found it. There's a few ships and asteroids to land on scattered throughout different systems if you're thorough, usually containing good loot and maybe even a little side mission to boost stats.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2009, 08:19:16 AM »
Playing as a jerk renegade is what made mass effect really fun.  :)

Mass Effect: Commander Shepard Is Such A Jerk

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 01:30:58 AM »
soo i just beat mass effect with the paragon personality. and somehow banged liara instead of ashley wtf.i shouldnt been nice to liara and ashley at the same time.

im gonna start playing again with a renegade bitch  :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2009, 02:22:59 AM »
Congrats Mugen! :D

Dammit I was so excited about getting my hands on ME2 soon but realised it's not out til next year :(

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2009, 01:48:08 AM »
EA has nailed down a January release date for Mass Effect 2 in North America and Europe, detailing the special armor and weapons available as preorder bonuses in the process.

The epic space RPG continues on January 26th in North America, with Europe joining the fray three days later on the 29th. Along with the release date announcement, EA has revealed preorder bonus equipment available via download code once the game hits store shelves.

Most retail outlets will receive codes for Inferno Armor (seen above), which increases your Commander Shepard's negotiation skills, run speed, and combat damage. Those opting to preorder from GameStop will receive the Terminus Assault Armor (seen below), which includes an armor suit that augments run speed, damage, shields, and adds an additional magazine of reserve ammo, and the M-490 Blackstorm Heavy Weapon, which generates a localized gravity well, which sounds painful.

"Our fans are in for a genuine thrill in the New Year with Mass Effect 2 - the second installment in the trilogy will be of amazingly high quality," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder, BioWare and Group General Manager of the RPG/MMO Group of EA. "BioWare's fans worldwide have been eagerly awaiting this epic sequel, and we couldn't be more excited to reward them for pre-ordering by delivering some awesome bonus content!"

Source

Awesome :w00t:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:57:46 AM by Tuffty »

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2009, 02:06:55 AM »
That does sound pretty awesome! Unfortunately, my 360 red ringed months ago and is out of warranty.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 03:21:53 PM by Mucca »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 04:07:54 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/05/ea-announces-mass-effect-2-collectors-edition/

Fuck yeah, try to milk us dry for some shitty extras, and "exclusive in game content". Bastards. :smhid

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »
Yeh I've never been so fussed about "in-game" bonuses. I believe, certainly in RPG's, to start off weak and then build myself up as a badass. To start the game with powered up weapons and armor (however cool it may look) that gives a clear advantage from the get-go is just cheating and not worth the money for me.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 03:43:15 PM by Amplifier »

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2009, 11:07:37 PM »
Man this game is going to be legendary, I already know who's gonna be in my party :grin: [bgcolor=#000000]Legion the break away Geth (synthetic partners are awesome, see HK-47 in KOTR) and the [bgcolor=#000000]Clint Eastwood inspired Salarian[/bgcolor].[/bgcolor] My most anticipated game right now.

Here's some new Gametrailers videos
[noembed]

[/noembed]

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2009, 06:27:27 PM »
New trailers have just been posted, showing off the new abilities of the Adept class (holy crap!! :o) and reintroducing

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2009, 11:56:19 AM »
Ooooh yea! My primary Shepard is an Adept. Good to see that Singularity still = God mode :)

Gameplay looks totally different. I used to always use the menu to select and aim the biotic powers. Wonder how it works now. :?

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 02:23:05 AM »
Is Tali's new last name Normandy or do they mention the ship she belongs to in the same way Jean-Luc Picard would say USS Enterprise every time he introduced himself to a new race?
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009, 10:55:34 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/25/mass-effect-2-system-requirements-revealed-restrictive-drm-remo/

The retail version of Mass Effect 2 won't include the restrictive, pestering DRM featured in the franchise's first installment. Rather, the game will simply do a disc check upon boot-up

PC MINIMUM System Requirements
  • OS = Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
  • Processor = 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
  • Memory = 1 GB RAM for Windows XP / 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7
  • Hard Drive = 15 GB
  • DVD ROM = 1x Speed
  • Sound Card = DirectX 9.0c compatible
  • Direct X = DirectX 9.0c August 2008 (included)
  • Input = Keyboard / Mouse
  • Video Card = 256 MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support). Supported Chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or greater. Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 7300, 8100, 8200, 8300, 8400, and 9300; ATI Radeon HD3200, and HD4350 are below minimum system requirements. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

PC RECOMMENDED System Requirements
  • Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
  • 2.6+ GHz Cure 2 Duo Intel or equivalent AMD CPU
  • 2 GB RAM
  • ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, or better recommended
  • 100% DirectX compatible sound card and drivers
  • DirectX August 2008

Looks about the same as the first game. Can't wait to play this bad boy :jerk:

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 04:45:36 AM »
hmmmm I wonder just how much the saves from ME 1 come into play. I can definitely play on my PC now if It's worth it.

Is Tali's new last name Normandy or do they mention the ship she belongs to in the same way Jean-Luc Picard would say USS Enterprise every time he introduced himself to a new race?
Huh, It did sound like she said Normandy. I don't really know enough about the ME lore to know what it means. :?

Here's a really really awesome interview, lots of clarity on all the improvements.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/mass_effect_2/preview-2130.html

-what we've done is we've moved things into interfaces and screens where you can realise the full potential of these things without them becoming cumbersome or it having too many items and all that kind of stuff.

-Generally the framerate is much faster, much smoother, and that contributes a lot to the feel of combat.

-For example, in the pistol category we have new subcategories like a hand cannon, which would be like a magnum or a desert eagle style big high calibre single shot, or you can also have a submachine gun, like an Uzi, with a high rate of fire but less accuracy.

-We made cover more of an active system where you hit A to engage it. Now you can slide in and out of cover without engaging cover, and it's smooth, but you also just tap A to put yourself into cover behind the object.

-that's one thing we've added to Mass Effect 2, is the ability to map powers to buttons on the controller so you can fire weapons and powers in real time.

-What we found, again in watching people play and analysing the game ourselves, was that the overheat idea is cool for the IP, and we wanted to keep that, but it also meant you end up playing with less consideration of where your bullets are going. That's a big part of combat, is considering each round of fire as a resource.

-So instead of having to drive around on a planet in the vehicle as a mission, where you're just really picking up rocks and having to jump out and do that kind of stuff, now it's part of a really cool planet exploration mini-game . . . . also when you are doing this mini-game you can find locations. We call them N7 missions. . . . every N7 mission has to provide you something amazing and different in terms of the gameplay or what you get to do, than you would be able to do anywhere else in the game.

Just a few tidbits. There are lots more in the interview.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2009, 02:22:41 AM »

I heard Normandy too. If I remember correctly, any Quarian name has their first name, family name and their 'surname' is the ship they were born on or the ship they chose after their Pilgrimage. Nothing quite like dedication by changing your name to the ship you live on.

Mass Effect comes shipped in 2 discs, both for PC and 360:

BioWare has confirmed that Mass Effect 2 will ship on two game discs when it's released for PC and Xbox 360 early next year.

For PC gamers this simply means a two-disc install, but 360 owners will need to swap discs once during play.

"Even though there is a disc swap, it occurs at a carefully planned place in the game (that does not interfere with gameplay) and is done once," said community co-ordinator Chris Priestly on the game's forum (via Kotaku). "You do not swap back and forth. One swap and then done."

"Why two discs? Answer: Because you cannot fit this much awesome on one disc," he bragged.

I'm not even reading other gamer's comments on this, cause I know every 2 posts will be PS3 fanboys.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 02:24:05 AM »
Hopefully it'll come with an install option that will negate the need to swap. I'm getting it on Steam - so no discs at all for me. :)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2009, 04:45:39 PM »
Hopefully it'll come with an install option that will negate the need to swap. I'm getting it on Steam - so no discs at all for me. :)

From Bioware forums:

Ok, so this is why I am not a programmer (or anyone who should be allowed around electronics for that matter). The information I gave back on page 3 was partially incorrect so I am clearing up my error.

You CAN install Mass Effect 2 to your Xbox 360 Hard Drive. Previously I said this was not possible, but you CAN install to your Xbox 360 hard drive as long as you have the available memory to do so.

Sorry for the misinformation earlier. You'll be pleased to know I was beaten soundly with a 360 controller by the QA team for giving the wrong information earlier.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Hyokkori Hyoutan Jima