JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - Triangle

Author Topic: The Sims 2 Thread!!  (Read 31318 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Sims 2 Thread!!
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 09:47:09 PM »

And here's just John as a teen, burning his food.

Tuffty's random game-related interjection of the day:

Looks like Heat from Digital Devil Saga! XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 01:44:51 PM »

The first proper details have emerged of The Sims 3, which EA says is designed to appeal to hardcore gamers as well as casual players.

As reported in the latest edition of PC Gamer magazine, key additions include buff and inventory systems. The former temporarily gives your Sim positive or negative attributes based on how your they're feeling. This allows EA to move away from the six things that previously dictated the mood of a Sim.

You could be on top of the moon after eloping with your rather attractive wife, for instance, which will consequently make you work more productively and befriend more people.

The inventory system, on the other hand, lets you store objects for completing certain tasks. You might have to walk to the shop to get some ingredients to cook a meal. Brilliant.

The Sims 3 will be without a multiplayer mode for the time being, but you will be able to upload your Sims to the official website where fellow dabblers can download them and use them to populate their neighbourhood.

Sims will look more realistic - expect more natural skin and better animations - and there will be sliders for things like weight and musculature to keep everything varied.

The world will be less structured. You'll have much more freedom to wander about and build things. This will be echoed in the unconfirmed but inevitable expansion packs.

"The fact that it's a seamless world means that eventually - not to give away too much of our expansion pack strategy, but in theory - The Sims 3 could expand into an entire seamless world," suggested producer Rod Humble. "You can imagine a Sims country which you could just live your life in."

A release date for The Sims 3 has yet to be announced.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »
Pics of all my Farlasca fams n___n

I think a lot of Sims players would consider my kids ugly (I'd agree about most peasants, but they're not supposed to be gorgeous), but I really wub them!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 04:03:23 PM »
Wow! You really spent a lot of time on your sims!! lol That's awesome. Next time take a picture of the houses you built for them! I love building houses in Sims. XD So I spend most of my time just building houses than playing with the Sims I've created. XD

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 06:21:24 PM »
Oh I suck at houses!!! Most my houses for these sims were Maxis houses.. Not even my own.. :lol: I just wanted to get to play them quickly.. Building 9 houses would've been too much o-o;

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 03:25:57 AM »
:O I created a neighborhood with 6 families and all I've done is built their houses. XD We would make a good team then. I build the houses and you live out the sims lives. XD

Offline Carrie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 05:32:35 AM »

Offline Daisukirika

• Peace Peace
  • Member+
  • Otona No Tanoshimi Shiritai
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 03:59:54 PM »
Yeah So I've been really into the sims lately as the people in the Irc know. So I made some Sim people!!

First off here's the gang. From left to right : Shi, HIME, Daisu, Hakai, Tama, and Meowchi in the middle

This one is Daisu-sim

This is a pic of HIME-Sim and Meowchi ... Lol

This is Shi-sim

Here's Hakai-sim

and lastly Tama-sim

They all seem to get along well, Tama-sim likes to gamble away the houses money. Shi-sim loves the computer. Hakai-sim spends most of the time painting, Daisu-sim spends most of her time studying, and HIME-sim is like devoted to meowchi. Well i'll give further updates when i play them more.

"With these eyes I can see your fate"
~Join the JPH!P RPG~ Become your favorite H!P girl~Here!

Offline Hakai

• Broken chopstick Masta
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A fistful of confetti
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 04:08:50 PM »
Totally love your sims Daisu  :heart:

Shirenu-sim is so pretty and likes computers (that´s true)

Cute HiME-sim likes Meowchi (nya!)

Daisu-sim always studying (that´s mai Kira)

Hakai-sim wears short shorts and likes painting (of course I do)

Tama-sim hates the newspaperguy aka ebc (lol)

Good job! Keep us informed  :muffin:

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 04:14:54 PM »
Daisu told me I won all my gambles. :muffin:

Please get me blue shoes! :D

Offline Hakai

• Broken chopstick Masta
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A fistful of confetti
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »

* Hakai poses for the pic: PEACE!!
* Tama looks at her while thinking: the hell are you doin gurl?
* Newspaperman aka ebc walks away while thinking: Tama hates me

Couldn´t resist. The scene was so lol for mai  XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »
^ lol cute!

Well Sims 3 is now official. Here's a preview:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=94996

And screenshots:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=95008

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 05:09:58 PM »
Ok, I'm definitely getting that.  I gotta get my gaming laptop fixed first so that I can still play sims 2

http://thesims3.ea.com/
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »
Woo, I think my mom is considering getting the broken laptop fixed soon, so Sims 2 may be coming into my life again :w00t:
I really do miss it :cry:

I'm psyched for the Sims 3 now.  I like that each sim will be a truly unique person.  Even though I didn't like it at first, I really like the character customizations.

Offline Setalia

• The Pun Idol
  • Member+
  • Formerly: Charmy, Risuzu
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 03:04:19 AM »
The next expansion pack, Apartment Life, also adds magic. What amuses me greatly is one of the spells, which conjures food. The spell is called "You can has cheeseburger" :lol: :rofl: :D

Love, Charmy

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2008, 04:43:53 PM »
Dunno if this goes here but... I got the Sims 2 Castaways :D and I got it for PSP. IT's awesome! The only downside I guess is not being able to take pics and stuff but it makes up for it with the awesome gameplay and really interesting storyline :) And I made some maad jungle threads you dig?

Anyway we all know how it goes... shipwrecked, deserted island, find a way out, the usual "lost" scenario. The thing about this is, you can go about it alone or with shipmates. The thing that kinda sucks though is when you get off the island it's kinda the end and you have to start all over again.. and I don't think you can have kids there and teach them the way of the monkey thus building a whole civilisation of half monkey humans when you finally run out of sims you can mate with..... that would be pretty freaky.. but I always think ahead XD

I'm only been stuck on this island a few days and unlike that awesome story Unmei there is no Miki to my Yoshi... or to be exact, Yuko XD

Well.. I started off on the first island and it was all well and good except I suck at the fishing (spear fishing) mini game. Therefore finding food was kinda hard... except for measly snacks and such and to make matters worse, i had trouble with the missions too! I reckon without the aid of cheats (but using some form of guide) it would take about 30-50 hours at the least to finish the game as you dont only have to worry about finding food and resources in this game as you have to worry about the daily functions of humans as well. So instead of being like this game called stranded I found myself playing a sims game through and through.

The only things that suck are that just like any other sims game, you have to plan your time well to progress. That's if you want off the island. Also I gave up on lil Yuko as I don't think she can make it on her own.. so I made a different group; the Blegens to see if it would take them less time to get off the island.

Then I found out you can only start out with one member and had to work to get the rest... so lil girl whose name I forgot, other girl whose name I forgot but think might be Chris and other dude whose name I forgot (can you believe it? forgetting all their names at the same time! XD) have to wait for lil Mic Blegen to accomplish some mission or something.

I think I find one on the second island somewhere. the other probably on the third and I'm guessing the last is on some secret place either on the second or third island.... who knows?

Well, either way, this is a great game, whether you wanna worry about controlling one sim or 5 ( I think the max is 6 ... or 8) I think you will still have fun. I certainly did. Lol, check out their mad dancing skillz when they find the old radio XD it's awesome! And build the other music instruments XD it's soo funny! So far I only made those thingies that you shake ... Shakers I think they're called.. and they crack me up! XD But yeah this game is good, check it out.
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline Chika-chan

• Obsessively obsessed about stuff
  • Member+
  • UNDERPANTS!
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 03:11:17 PM »
Awesomeness, sims thread!

(Chika: Simaholic since 2002. Keep back to keep fingers.)

:3

*can't think of anything else.*

:depressed:

Avatar and sig by the fabulously dorky, yet quirky DJ Maimai

"I used to have nightmares that they would put "He played Ted" on my tombstone."-Keanu Reeves

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 05:32:57 PM »
my lil sims chronology

sims fan since about 1999. Ever since I saw a four page spread about them on a maagzine. I wanted to get that game soooo bad. But being that year ccccccccomputers were not built to play it yet. I begged my mummy to get it for me but she wouldn't. I would read said magazine article almost everyday and cry my little eyes out cause my mean bully bro would make fun of my obssesion and my mum wouldn't buy me the game. And because it wouldn't play in our computer, which was as old as computers get. So old it didn't have internet... it didn't even know what internet was!

Then 2004ish. I get my hands on my firsts copy of the sims. I got the normal sims, just that. I got it free with four pizzas. It was an awesome deal and I capitalised on deals like this many a time before. Like my copy of PCCCCCC yatzee, cluedo etc. anyway the point is, I got it and was the happiest little muggle on the planet. Too bad my computer was still too crappy to play it.

2006? around then. I got the sims fullhouse. I was so ecstatic after getting it for Christmass. I was smiling from ear to ear. Untill someone broke the bad news that my computer couldn't hold all the expansions on it :(...

so I settled for only a few at a time. Ecept some of them don't fuckin work so I get angry everytime i think about it.

What was the year Sims 2 acme out? I went out and bought one of the first copies sold in Australia when it first came out.... I paid $80 and got the Sims 2 and was the happiest kid in the world. Untill -can you guess it??- I found out my PC can't play it...........

Deeply depressed I had all but given up on the sims. I even installed it on my bro's laptop but when he found out he skinned me @_@ I was grounded for a month. And it played really slowly......

Anyway, the point is, even thouhg I have a lot of sims games and expansions... I can't bloody play em and it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 04:11:38 PM »
New Sims 3 video.  I just checked the site, so I'm not sure how long it's been up

http://thesims3.ea.com/home.php

The create-a-sim is looking fantastic!  I'm hoping to get my laptop screen fixed for this game.  I found a good repair place, so yeah. 

I wonder what their expansions are gonna be like.  I'm hoping pets will already be in the game. Cuz it kinda pissed me off that I had been waiting for Sims 2 pets, and when it finally came out, my laptop screen had already been broken.. lol
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 04:18:23 PM by mode107 »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2008, 03:53:01 AM »
XD

Thought I'd post my Legacy challenge family tree as of now:

(No, I don't take naming my sims seriously)
Chamomile is about to grow up though (time to get those babies poppin!), so it's going to be outdated soon. lol

I'll probably post pics of all the Farlasca family trees after I finish the current cycle. The parents are all becoming elders during this cycle, so that's why it'd be "useless" to post them now. XD

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - Triangle