JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Neon Bunny - It`s You

Author Topic: CALL OF DUTY 4  (Read 9357 times)

Offline Kamui

• Charmy Army Commander
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: CALL OF DUTY 4
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 05:07:49 PM »
I'm addicted to COD4 (for the PS3).

I usually stick with the M4 Carbine and the MP5, but occasionaly do Snipe. Oddly enough the ACOG actually helped my sniping. Can't stand playing on Pipeline and love Vacant. Probably the only sweet moment I can remember right now was in Vacant f at the very start of the match on the outside, near the tanker truck I jumped up and shot an RPG into the building  which took out half a team and completed that challenge.

Anyone know a good way to complete the Airborne kill challenge? I can't even seem to kill one person while I'm airborne, let alone two.

The only problem I have is of course the occasional lag everyone experiences. I heard the guys making COD5 intend to return to WWII.

Has anyone gone ahead and done Prestige Mode? I've hesitated from doing it just because I dont know if its really worth the trouble or not.
SN: KamuiX87

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 12:55:09 PM »
Well after 2 months I've finally completed the single player campaign! I hear fans saying it's too short and only lasts a couple of hours and it probably does on the easiest difficulty setting. But when you play on Hardened and have other games to occupy you, well it definately expands the game somewhat. And I imagine a number of these fans ploughed throught it from start to finish, but why would you. Seems pointless.

But the single player campaign was awesome!! The best I've ever gone through, it's highly recommended. And on the multiplayer side of things, I got 100 kills with the R700 Sniper Rifle, and currently with 27 head shots! :o Never ever thought I could do it :lol:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 02:28:31 AM »
Well after 2 months I've finally completed the single player campaign! I hear fans saying it's too short and only lasts a couple of hours and it probably does on the easiest difficulty setting. But when you play on Hardened and have other games to occupy you, well it definately expands the game somewhat. And I imagine a number of these fans ploughed throught it from start to finish, but why would you. Seems pointless.

But the single player campaign was awesome!! The best I've ever gone through, it's highly recommended. And on the multiplayer side of things, I got 100 kills with the R700 Sniper Rifle, and currently with 27 head shots! :o Never ever thought I could do it :lol:

I agree with the single player game. At first I thought it was too short, looking back through it's probably better to have 10 hours of awesome packed into 10 hours of game rather than 10 hours of awesome packed into 40 hours of game.

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 05:19:55 AM »
^ i agree with that a lot. the single player was awesome.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 06:23:52 PM »
The patch has been released for the 360 version! Worth it alone for the new host system. I was in a situation where a host quit the match prematurely, it returned out to the Lobby menu and another match resumed in 10 secs. The new grenade and claymore cams are awesome. Would love to see the new air strike cam, even if it does mean I have to get killed in one :lol:

Offline Maikeru86

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 06:37:39 PM »
Glad they fixed the game hosting. Now if they could only put an actual Clan Roster, Clan Invitiation system, and Clan vs Clan game mode in.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »
I had my first bout of online 'l33tism' just recently. All started by entering into a Free-for-all with the score already at 50. I went on to win that match, and every other following match XD. It was my greatest ever performance and felt especially proud of some kills (think Grenade launcher and car, and you have an idea of one of my best kills). Needless to say, not everyone felt that way, one in particular, Ownedmonkey or something like that, made it very clear that I was a bastard and did all sorts of things with my genitals. It was quite funny actually because I don't have a headset, but even without one, the best way to deal with people like that is to just kill them over and over. Even got to the point where he thought I was cheating and was trying to convince others that I was. One hilarious rant was that 'he knew where I was'. What? Isn't that the point in a Free-for-all? And surely with the UAV it makes it that much easier to find anyone, anywhere. I can't help it if it was you again. And what with Killcam, it means you can see exactly what I did at the time to kill you, shouldn't really be that complicated. Still didn't stop him from continuing.

Anyway, rant over. At Rank 52 at the min, really like the new assault rifle, I could see me using it quite a bit actually, although my fav weapon is still either the M4 Carbine with ACOG or MP5 with red dot. Unstoppable with them. :D Also trying to beat the Mile High club mission on Veteran, but it's damn near impossible.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 03:15:57 PM »
AH NO! I was playing single player on Veteran last night and I got a Disc Unreadable error message propping up! I look at the back and there's some visable scratches on the disc! And I'm always so careful with my games :( Multiplayer seems ok though so I think until it gets to the point of beyond repair then I'll have to fix it somehow. What do I do with a case like this though? Purchase an entierely new game or is there a way for my current disc to be fixed at all?

Offline Hakai

• Broken chopstick Masta
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A fistful of confetti
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »
[youtube=425,350]9-4IFUak_U0[/youtube]

Curious  XD

Offline Kamui

• Charmy Army Commander
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 01:09:39 PM »
wow, that was great. I loved the empty handgun part.

I wish they'd hurry up with the new multiplayer maps, I'm getting anxious since I heard there's going to be a chinatown one and a sniper one as well. I'd like the patch for the PS3 to come out already too, mostly to fix some of the sniping issues.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 03:52:33 PM »
:lol: Awesome song. But they guy has almost wayyy too much time on his hands :lol:

The new chinatown map is a remake of the Carentan one from COD2 apparently. Never played it myself so I don't know what to expect. The Euro release of the PS3 patch is out tonight:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=94991

Offline Kamui

• Charmy Army Commander
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »
I dont really remember COD2 much but thats fine I guess. I didn't realize the US Patch was out already, must have missed it due to spring break. Well thats good, I guess I'll try to get some gaming in today amidst projects.

hopefully they did add the ability to mute players. I wonder how much the added maps will cost.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 09:55:16 PM »
Ugh I just met the biggest assholes ever over Live tonight. I knew it was going to be trouble when their clan tag was [KKK] :roll: Basically anytime I killed any one of them I was immediately sworn at and labelled a cheat. I supposedly had an automatic G3 rifle when really, I just pressed the right trigger a lot. XD So I decided to switch things up and used the AK. Still not good enough for them. And it wasn't just me anyone that killed them was verbally abused. I wasted no time in giving them negative feedback.

I never ever ever want to become that type of player. Where you are immediately cynical of everyone and anyone and you can't even tolerate dying now and again (or usually in my case, every so often XD) It's like saying "HEY! YOU'RE USING A GUN TO KILL ME!?!? THAT'S A-CHEATIN'!!!" :lol:

Offline Kamui

• Charmy Army Commander
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2008, 02:04:10 AM »
Yeah I played some real jerks today too, I don't know how old they were but they were disgusting.

But on the other hand, I also got teamed up on by two enemy snipers which I never expected. I know I made them mad cause I got off a few head shots on them consecutively with my Barrett and I understand getting revenge but it was kinda off-putting that people would specifically gang up like that. Though I guess its all part of the game, not that big a deal, it was still fun and I do enjoy looking for enemy snipers anyway..

I don't know how it is on the other consoles but it would be nice if people on the PS3 actually used the headsets to relay useful information to the rest of the team.

Edit: I saw the video regarding the new maps, they look pretty good. I know they promised a sniper map but I hope its not the one I saw, it looked a bit small I think. The cabin one and the city one looks great for Rambo-ing.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:13:25 AM by Kamui »

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 12:26:52 AM »
the map packs are like 10 bucks

i havent play cod4 since january. i went up the ranks so fast but i prolly went down again since i havent played

Offline Maikeru86

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 02:41:07 AM »
I didn't go through the Prestiges. Other than rank i don't see the point so i chose not to. I hope they patch the PS3 too. I'm tired of players leaving when they are the Host. Also, what can they do about team killers? I play alot of Hardcore Search & Destroy and i'd say about every other game, someone trys to spoil it by team killing. Maybe a negative score limit? And you get kicked out. I know the voting system wouldn't work, especially if you were in a room full of the same clan members. You'd get voted for no reason.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2008, 04:21:40 AM »
lol i just went back to start playing again jsut now, still got my skills lol

Offline Kamui

• Charmy Army Commander
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2008, 08:36:48 PM »
New Maps are out!

Chinatown and Creek are my favorite right now. All 4 maps are really good, and they weren't as expensive as I thought they'd be.

Offline kaminokami2086

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 02:48:57 AM »
I feel like I wasted my money on the map pack. Not because I don't like the maps, but its been 5 days now, and I have yet to come across the new maps on online multilayer. I'm the only one of my friend circle wiht a PS3 so I can't just invite them to play.

Offline Kamui

• Charmy Army Commander
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 11:47:44 PM »
thats odd, are you sure you're choosing the Variety Map pack mode? They added like 3 new game play modes that are just for the new maps. The new maps will be added to the regular game rotations this week.

But yea I know how you feel, my friends who have the game all have it for the 360 instead.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Neon Bunny - It`s You