JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Houseki Bako

Author Topic: (Group) Wonder Girls (원더걸스)  (Read 318999 times)

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [KOR] Wonder Girls
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2008, 06:25:06 AM »
^ Eebabo's deffinitely one of my favorite WG songs.  :heart: It's good that you finally listened to it.

You know, sometimes I really wish we had multiple threads... like a picture thread, and a thread for each girl... and I could make WG poll threads... And then, you know, when a new MV is released we could put up a thread just for it and people would know "Hey, there's an WG MV download waiting for me!" instead of it being hidden like a needle in a haystack.

But I dream, don't I? Haha. Oh well.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2008, 09:00:24 PM »
2 2008 MNet Choice Awards :

Hot School Girl
Kim Yeon Ah
So Hee (Wonder Girls)
ARa
Yoona (SNSD)
Tiffany (SNSD)

Hot Club Music
Cinderella (Seo In Hyeong)
Energy (Mighty Mouth)
So Hot (Wonder Girls)
U-Go-Girl (Lee Hyori)
Wa (Jun Jin)

:muffin:

WG & JunJin

:muffin:

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2008, 03:41:16 AM »
^ I tried so hard to stay up and watch it live, but the show started at 4 AM my time and I passed out at around 3 AM. Haha. Oh well.

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2008, 07:35:17 AM »
^^ Major lulz at the 'Hot School Girl' category!  :lol:

I can't wait to start seeing the 'image' shots for the new single album! Only a month away, but damn, the wait!  XD

I also thought that the MV for 'This Time' could have been better... I agree with SITS, the animation thing got annoying after a while.

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »
This is really interesting and explains why the This Time MV was... what it was.

Quote from: coolsmurf
On 22nd August, Wonder Girls released the music video for “This Time” which surprised many fans and created a lot of buzz. “This Time” is a song that garnered a lot of love along with the title track off their mini-album “So Hot.”

“This Time” MV begins with the Wonder Girls’ members in their everyday life and the storyline progresses when Sohee reads a book titled “This Time.” Actor Shin Dong Wook, who has a strong fanbase because of his great acting skills and looks, plays a designer who falls in love with a mannequin, played by newbie actress Kim Yun Ah, and as a result the love story becomes very complicated.

Another reason why the music video is creating so much buzz is because the winning contestant from last year’s “UCC music video contest for ‘Breaking up in the daylight’’ was the one who produced the music video.

A JYPE representative stated, “On December 2007 we held a contest called ‘The Breaking up in daylight music video challenge,’ where the winner got an award and was given the chance to produce an all-expense paid music video for one of the artist signed under JYPE.” The rep also stated “The contestant who grabbed our attention was Kim Eui Yun who eventually won the contest and was invited to produce the music video for ‘This Time,’ which is thought of as Wonder Girls second title track after ‘So Hot.’ The production team spent three months shooting the music video before it was released today.

The music video was co-produced by director Kim Kwang Eun who stated, “The music video is about the Wonder Girls’ members reading a book titled ‘This Time,’ a complicated love story between a designer and a mannequin.” He explained, “This Time’ is a bright ballad song, so we decided to reflect the mood of the song by using only soft colors in the video. To enhance the composition of the video we used a unique technique called “rotoscoping.”

Contest winner Kim Eui Yun stated, “I’m still an amateur but I want to thank JYPE for giving me the chance to debut as a music video director and making my dreams come true.” Their co-produced music video for Wonder Girls “This Time” was revealed through GomTv last Friday midnight.

I totally missed the part where the love story was supposed to be a book that So Hee was reading. o.o;; Again though, I thought the music video was really good in concept, but it makes sense that it was an amateur who put it all together because there were some things that were kind of lacking about it.

Credit: Coolsmurf @ wondergirls.wordpress.com

Edit: Yoo Bin's amazing. I just read that she wrote the rap part to be included in Kim Bum Soo's song Do You Know That? I  :heart: Yoo Bin.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 01:42:28 AM by Pharadox »

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2008, 03:01:59 AM »
So the single album is now pushed back to early October... Drawing competition with SNSD much, JYP?  :roll:

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2008, 03:16:19 AM »
^I don't think it's about competing with SNSD, though. It seems to me they're just behind schedule. I think that's why they're not putting out a full album, because they can't manage to finish putting it together in time so they'd rather put out a great single album a little late than a rushed, sub-par full album on time. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Besides, I don't think they need to compete. Their musical styles are different enough that there's room for both. :)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2008, 06:06:43 AM »
^Oh how I wish the world were that simple. They will be compared no matter what, even if their releases were a few months apart. Everyone seems to be behind schedule though.

And I think the wrong guy won that MV contest or something :lol: Or maybe he should stick to the smaller stuff instead of going all the way to producer. That rotoscoping was major fail. And again, if SoHee was the one that was reading the story book, why were the girls animated?

You know, sometimes I really wish we had multiple threads... like a picture thread, and a thread for each girl... and I could make WG poll threads... And then, you know, when a new MV is released we could put up a thread just for it and people would know "Hey, there's an WG MV download waiting for me!" instead of it being hidden like a needle in a haystack.

Get this thread to page 50 in a couple months and your dream might come true :lol:

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2008, 03:33:48 PM »

Get this thread to page 50 in a couple months and your dream might come true :lol:

Hahaha. You have given me a light at the end of the tunnel. I am determined now.  :lol:

These are from OK Magazine in Thailand. They're a little dated but I'd never seen them before so I wanted to post them here because they're great pictures.  :P

Credit: wonderholic

Also, more recent:

Credit: Coolsmurf

Edit: I made a Sun Ye and a Yoo Bin wallpaper. Enjoy. :)

1440 x 900

1440 x 900
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:22:38 AM by Pharadox »

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2008, 07:55:09 AM »
Has anyone seen 2PM's MV yet? There's a little cameo at the end. :D

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »
Awesome pic, Pharadox!

woot woot so hee :D *saves*

what 2PM are you talking 'bout tama?

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2008, 08:38:49 AM »
the promo. by WG

the MV

and the girl is a friend of YooBin ...

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2008, 10:38:53 AM »
^The whole thing was worth it for just the end scene alone.  :heart: I think the song will grow on me the more I listen to it and the MV has some funny points, like when the guy opens his eyes and sees he's really sucking on the other guy's finger.  :lol:

Awesome pic, Pharadox!

woot woot so hee :D *saves*

what 2PM are you talking 'bout tama?

Haha, welcome.

And 2PM is a boy group that JYP just put together and debuted recently. They are the guys in the MV that sh15uya just posted.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:44:47 AM by Pharadox »

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2008, 11:18:34 AM »
:lol: Love that 2pm song... I think JYP is capturing my soul lately XD
Yoo Bin sooo enjoyed that attention and she has a mighty hot friend too! :heart:

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2008, 01:27:08 PM »
^Haha, and I love the attention she's getting too. It's SO great how much she's been getting lately, from being in the center of photo shoots, to writing her own raps to be featured in other people's songs, and cameoing in other people's MVs. I can't get enough. :D

You know, I was thinking the other day about JYP and Tsunku... I was comparing the two in my head, and I like JYP better. Maybe it's because he's younger, I don't know. This was all going through my head while I was watching this performance, which he's really great in and so are Sun Ye, Ye Eun and Jo Kwon.  :heart:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #235 on: August 30, 2008, 12:01:04 AM »
:lol: I don't think JYP even touches Tsunku as a music producer or musician. That's cause I think tsunku's a genius (especially when you think about the kind of "talent" he works with :roll: ), though a little insane. He's like a mad music scientist. But at times he can seem a bit megalomanic. :lol: But I really don't see what you're basing this on though. JYP seems like a great guy and producer for his artists, and seems a little closer to them, maybe? But I don't think the music he produces is all that great. But that's partly cause Tsunku set a standard in my head for pop-music, which even he can't seem or even want to reach anymore.

Has anyone seen 2PM's MV yet? There's a little cameo at the end. :D

That was a great little cameo :D
And her friend was hot. They shoulda went to the pool together :drool:

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #236 on: August 30, 2008, 12:10:52 AM »
Hmmm, Tsunku vs JYP... I gotta say Tsunku will always win for me, mainly coz I think his sexy and have a bit of a thing for him :opps: :drool: Like SITS, I too think his a musical genius, his done so much and continues to do so, it's pretty incredible... I think JYP has that potential too, but really I don't know that much about besides the fact that I love the music he produces :heart: Vocally, hmmm, they have different voices, but JYP might actually trump Tsunku there... hard to say :P But if it comes down to sex appeal, Tsunku all the way baby! :shakeit:

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #237 on: August 30, 2008, 08:40:52 AM »
Geniuses are a bit insane anyway.

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #238 on: August 30, 2008, 09:24:38 AM »
:lol: I don't think JYP even touches Tsunku as a music producer or musician. That's cause I think tsunku's a genius (especially when you think about the kind of "talent" he works with :roll: ), though a little insane. He's like a mad music scientist. But at times he can seem a bit megalomanic. :lol: But I really don't see what you're basing this on though. JYP seems like a great guy and producer for his artists, and seems a little closer to them, maybe? But I don't think the music he produces is all that great. But that's partly cause Tsunku set a standard in my head for pop-music, which even he can't seem or even want to reach anymore.

Ah, well I think I was comparing their individual talent as performers more than their talent as producers. JYP seems to have better stage presence and charisma and he's just HOT.  :drool: Tsunku's a bit... of a goober. But he's brilliant at developing great singers, I give him that. And he probably does write better music, too.

Hmmm, Tsunku vs JYP... I gotta say Tsunku will always win for me, mainly coz I think his sexy and have a bit of a thing for him :opps: :drool: Like SITS, I too think his a musical genius, his done so much and continues to do so, it's pretty incredible... I think JYP has that potential too, but really I don't know that much about besides the fact that I love the music he produces :heart: Vocally, hmmm, they have different voices, but JYP might actually trump Tsunku there... hard to say :P But if it comes down to sex appeal, Tsunku all the way baby! :shakeit:

Hahahaha. Our taste in men? Different. Sexy is not the word I think of when I think of Tsunku.  XD He is a brilliant producer, though. :) But I was comparing them vocally more than for their producing. I think as artists JYP has a level of refinement that Tsunku does not.

Over all, JYP seems more approachable too. He's so friendly with the artists that he works with that he seems more like friend than producer and that may be a big part of what leads me to favor him over Tsunku.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #239 on: August 30, 2008, 10:17:01 AM »
^ :lol: is that what you meant? They have completely different styles so I don't know if you can really compare them as performers. And I have no comment about either of their sex appeal...
* StreakInTheSky shivers at the thought of the tsunku flower pic...
:bleed eyes:

But enough creepy producer talk, need more hot girl talk.

Geniuses are a bit insane anyway.

:lol: @ the spock hair.

seriously though, I don't mind bobbed hair, but a couple of those hairstyles I wished died with the 60's and the bob just doesn't work with everyone...

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Houseki Bako