JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girl`s Day - Oh! My God

Author Topic: Mirror's Edge  (Read 19655 times)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Re: Mirror's Edge
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2011, 03:17:02 AM »
And here's a real-time comparison:

Also, just to help ease the concerns from earlier this thread:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/08/ea-2011-mirrors-edge-2-to-be-powered-by-frostbite-2/
A sequel is in the works, it's just a matter of when.

I do hope it's as well fleshed out as the article hints, because the game mechanics are incredibly fun but hindered by a very short and shallow overall experience. Every time I feel like playing I end up either not playing for long or not touching the game for a while...plus as a multitasker I don't like being stuck in only fullscreen mode. :lol:
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2011, 01:17:33 AM »
More sequel talk:

Mirror's Edge developer DICE reckons the marketplace is ready for a sequel to its acclaimed-but-underperforming free-running FPS.

When quizzed by Spong on whether a sequel would find an audience, DICE producer Patrick Liu replied, "I think it's something that people are ready to get into again."

"We see that there's a huge fan following, it's almost like a cult! And we know what strengths we had, and what weaknesses we had in that game. If we were to release a new game, we'd know what to improve and how to reach a broader audience. So I definitely think there's a market there."

Of course, enthusiasm is all well and good, but publisher EA has offered no indication that we're any closer to actually seeing that oft-discussed sequel on shelves.

"We're actively looking at how to bring it back in the right way," announced EA exec Frank Gibeau earlier this year.

"We love that franchise, the DICE guys really created something special the first time around. You've got to have a big idea to be able to do the next one, and that's what we're working on."

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2011, 02:02:44 AM »
I'd love to see ME2 in the look of the animation sequences.
The harsh contrast between the gameplay look and the animated story sequences was something I didn't like in the first ME, either they should make the whole game in game graphic or make the game graphic look like the animation sequences.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2011, 12:35:19 PM »
i think mirror's edge was the first game i ever pre-ordered - and i still wear the shirt i got  :D

Offline f3riedrice

• ecchi
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2012, 03:36:36 AM »
I love this game, but was so sad that it was so short :(. I really hope that a 2nd game to this series will come out soon! I remember that whenever I fell off a building, it was so exhilarating. Kinda felt like I was on a roller coaster.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2012, 11:57:31 PM »
i bought this again for the hell of it, gonna take awhile to get used to the controls again lol

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2013, 10:59:47 PM »
It's official!! Mirror's Edge 2 is coming! :w00t:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2013, 11:01:28 PM »