JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Onsa - Kaze ni Naru Made

Author Topic: Tatsunoko vs Capcom  (Read 6884 times)

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
« on: August 29, 2008, 03:36:36 AM »
An amazing game that is a addition to the Capcom vs series
http://www.capcom-unity.com/kramez/blog/2008/08/27/tatsunoko_vs_capcom_it_teases_you_with_mega_man_legends
[youtube=425,350]3wB7mJNkdeE[/youtube] [youtube=425,350]adMiaDbYUdA[/youtube]
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tatsunoko vs Capcom
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 03:37:52 AM »
[youtube=425,350]gjSA8f_4Aow[/youtube] [youtube=425,350]oASQvCyBN7w[/youtube]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatsunoko_vs._Capcom
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 03:48:37 AM by claymore »
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline jabronisaur

• Wank, Wank, Suru no da!
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 07:17:27 AM »
unfortunately it wont be released here in the US.
So get them machines modded peoples

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 04:53:42 AM »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 10:30:46 PM »
I bought it a few days ago to play at a party (hey, the cafe only had a PS2 and a Wii).

totally capcom vs marvel minus the marvel.

still, kinda fun getting Ryu doing super fireballs in mid-air. :P

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 12:03:15 PM »
Awesome news!
I already got the game for my Japanese Wii, but I'm happy because everybody should be able to play this game! Especially wii owners that are getting so neglected theses days. This game in Japan sold just a little worse than  SF4, too bad it doesnt have online play, but hey, we cant have everything.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 12:25:04 PM »
Actually the US/EU edition is rumoured to have online play AND there's the possibility of more characters, and probably more characters westerners would know.. like Samurai Pizza Cats anyone? :3

And of course if they do that, they'll probably re-release it in Japan with the additional stuff too, yay!

Offline Za_Wolf

• INFP
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 12:38:10 PM »
LoL Samurai Pizza Cats are awesome!

I was watching one of my friends play it, it is like mvc2 with all the combos he was pulling off.  Kinda looked like Guilty Gear with a more flexible combo system, but it looked fun as hell. 
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 06:25:05 AM »
I find the Core Game and Game play. (arcade mode, vs and gameplay) to be better than street fighter IV... but there's no such thing as hard trials, championship mode rank matches any online..  or survival mode and things like that. but I'll be glad when the re-release gets out if it has online.
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »
I find the Core Game and Game play. (arcade mode, vs and gameplay) to be better than street fighter IV...

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Since I just bought Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but haven't had the chance to play it with my friends yet, that I'm having second thoughts on buying SF4. I mean, SF4 is great, but I consider myself a hardcore when it comes to fighting games, and even though I'm not a high level at all games I play, I'd like to at least have the chance to be.

The comment I heard about some pros of SF4 was that the game doesn't give you much room to be creative, even though it's good. And I kind of agree, every Saghat match looks the same, every chun li, and etc.

With Tatsunoko its the other way around, much more versatile, not to mention that for the fact the you use two players things can get much more creative.

Anyway, I think I'll stick with Tatsunoko and maybe get SF4 in the future and it gets cheaper.

Oh, and the online component, let's pray they put it in the US version, and that it is good, and little to no lag !

Offline champloofan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »
I haven't been paying much attention to this game because I never thought it would come out in the US. Glad I was wrong. :grin: I might get it although since I have SF4 I don't feel like getting another fighting game any time soon anyway.

Does Tatsunoko vs Capcom have online in the Japanese release? Online modes in fighting games is practically a must, these days.
be all you can be

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 03:07:40 PM »
No no, that's what I was saying, the Japanese version has no online play, that's why the English version having it is a big deal :) (if it's more than just a rumor)

Offline champloofan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 03:35:43 AM »
Oh. Well that rumor better be true! :)
be all you can be

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 01:22:26 AM »
is the gameplay similiar to MvC2? if so, i might want to check this out

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 01:25:58 PM »
Yeah, this game plays almost identically, as it is part of the VS series :)

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 03:27:46 PM »
is the gameplay similiar to MvC2? if so, i might want to check this out

To answer it even better, Capcom said that the Tatsunoko vs Capcom uses an enhanced engine of MvC2 !!!
So, you get everything you loved in MvC2 plus more gameplay features.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 12:40:01 AM »
is this out only on wii? if it is, i cant get it. lol dont have a wii

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 03:00:25 AM »
Cry moar Mugen :lol: ..sorry, but Wii owners deserve something cool like this just for themselves.

Apparently 5 new characters were announced at E3 and online play is confirmed  :panic:
Hakushon Daimaou was taken out for licensing issues, and there's more mini games than in the JP version  :D

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Onsa - Kaze ni Naru Made