JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Aimai ME MIND

Author Topic: [Movie] Shinjuku Incident  (Read 6287 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[Movie] Shinjuku Incident
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:50:05 AM »

Official Site | IMDB | Wikipedia

Shinjuku Incident (traditional Chinese: 新宿事件) is an upcoming 2009 Hong Kong film starring Jackie Chan and directed by Derek Yee. Filming began in November of 2007, and is now complete. The film, now in post-production, is being produced by Chan's own film company, JCE Movies Limited. On July 16, 2007, it was officially announced that Chan would take part in the project. It has been stated in many press reports that the genre of the film will be closer to drama than Chan's trademark action. Director Derek Yee reportedly said, "People are too familiar with the image of a fighting Jackie Chan. It’s time for him to move on to drama." In a recent interview, Chan himself describes the film as, "maybe one per cent action. Heavy drama." Early reports indicated that Chan's son, Jaycee Chan, would also play a role, but this has yet to be confirmed. The film was originally to be released on September 25, 2008 but was delayed to the first quarter of 2009. Currently it is in post-production.

Plot
In the early 1990s, a tractor mechanic from China nicknamed Steelhead (Jackie Chan) enters Japan illegally, in search of his girlfriend Xiu Xiu (Xu Jinglei). Steelhead and his friend, Jie (Daniel Wu) meet in the busy Shinjuku district and take manual labouring jobs to earn money. When Steelhead finds out that Xiu Xiu has married a Japanese Yakuza leader named Eguchi (Ken Watanabe), he decides to remain in Japan. To obtain citizenship, he agrees to work for Eguchi as a killer, but quickly becomes used to the power. Soon he has become embroiled so deeply in the ways of the yakuza that there is no turning back.

Poster

Trailer

Looks pretty fucking hardcore for a Jackie Chan flick :shocked:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:57:24 AM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [Movie] Shinjuku Incident (starring Jackie Chan)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 11:43:33 AM »
FUCKING Grimy ass trailer!!

Now that's the kinda Jackie Chan movie I been hoping he make, not another fucking goddamne piece of shit Buddy Cop movie. Fuck stop being a clown for Hollywood audiences. Hope he gets gangsta as fuck.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:08:58 PM »
This is quite a film, I'm looking forward to it, to be honest, though I like his action comedy films, his recent films weren't that good to me.  But this seems really amazing...  lots of action, crime, drama and almost none of his usual comedic bs. 

Not saying I don't like it, in fact I love Jackie Chan action-comedy, but over the years, It's like nothing changes, the same old tricks and scenes from movies to movies.  It's like, seen them once, seen them all.  I like his 80s to 90s to the early 2000s more cuz they're like classic masterpiece while his recent are like copy-cats.

well, either way, can't wait for this awesome movie!

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 12:04:55 PM »
Jackie Chan gangster film? Looks pretty awesome.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 07:28:23 AM »
Jackie Chan's Shinjuku Incident Too Violent For China

Jackie Chan’s movies have always been violent, in a cartoonish, kinda funny sort of way. But a Jackie Chan movie that is really, down-and-dirty violent? And not the goofy, slapstick, pratfall-ish kind? That appears to be the case with Chan’s latest big-budget movie, the $25 million period crime actioner “The Shinjuku Incident”.

The film sees Chan playing a Chinese immigrant in Japan who goes to work killing people for the Japanese Yakuza. Part of his work involves cutting off hands and other fun past times. This, says the film’s director, is the reason why “Shinjuku” won’t be arriving in your local Mainland Chinese theater.

“The Shinjuku Incident’s” director, Derek Yee, tells the AP thusly:

Hong Kong director Derek Yee told The Associated Press on Monday that he considered toning down the violence in Shinjuku Incident so it could pass censorship in China, but decided not to because he thought it would hurt the integrity of the movie.

Yee said the $25 million Chinese-language movie, in which Chan plays a refugee who escapes to Japan and becomes a killer for the mob, has scenes that show characters getting a hand chopped off and pierced with knives.

“We tried to cut the violent scenes to meet the requirements of the Chinese market, but producers I invited to watch that version thought it was incomplete,” he said.
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/jackie-chans-shinjuku-incident-too-violent-for-china/

:thumbdown:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 07:30:46 AM »
Mainland China can't handle SHIT!! Gov't sucking up to Japanese. Nuts? Chinese Commie Gov't got none! :x

Offline mato_kun

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Reina always be my heart~
Re: [Movie] Shinjuku Incident
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 05:19:45 PM »
ahh~i hope this movie will be awesome~i still lookin for direct links anyway~if someone have please pm me!!~i want to watch it!!!~ :inlove:
guys ~ i just create my new website ~ please visit us @ jpopfun.com . lol dont worry i always be here too~

~Reina!!!please be my wife!!!~

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [Movie] Shinjuku Incident
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 10:17:09 PM »

DOWNLOAD @ The Asshole

I watched the movie today and it really is pretty fucking hardcore. Shinjuku Incident is one of the best gangster flicks I have seen in ages and it has plenty of :shocked: moments. And yeah, it's nothing like Jackie's old flicks :P

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Aimai ME MIND