JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Time Slip

Author Topic: iPhone and the JPHiP Xperience  (Read 3363 times)

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Through Space and Time~
iPhone and the JPHiP Xperience
« on: August 07, 2009, 02:46:42 AM »
I'd like to be able to enjoy JPHiP in it's full glory via my mobile phone. Does anyone know of any good IRC and radio streaming apps for the iPhone? My iPhone is jail broken, so anything goes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone

♥♥ // Infinite Bits Gaming Con // ♥♥ // Poupee Girl // ♥♥ // YouTube // ♥♥ // LJ // ♥♥

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: iPhone and the JPHiP Xperience
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 08:26:58 AM »
whoa u can post via iPhone?? What kinda iPhone u got.  They offer 3GS here.

That'd be so ballerina if u could get on IRC and radio witttit!!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 08:38:08 AM »
^ Just remember the iPhone is single tasking still: no browsing and IRC and radio and phone at the same time (unless that is all on the same page)

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 02:35:52 PM »
You can listen to music and browse the internet at the same time on the Iphone. Forums should work fine on Iphones and Ipod Touch's. I've tried few and they work fine.

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Through Space and Time~
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 04:49:28 PM »
Daigong, almost every post that I've made sine Jab's passing has been on my iPhone. I got the 3GS and that shit's baller as fuck. I remember being a kid and watching Star Trek thinking their communicators were the most futuristic shit EVER.... And now I got a phone that's 100 times more baller than the ST communicator. LOL LOVE technology, boy...

The phone may not multi-task, but it does a good job of remembering where you left off. Like, if I'm listening to my music while looking at Google Maps and I get a phone call, the music stops, Google Maps closes and I get sent into phone mode. But when the call is over the music starts back up again at the same point (even fades in and out when it starts and stops) and you can resume using Google Maps at the same spot you were. And it only takes, maybe two or three taps at most. Even though it doesn't multi-task per-say, it's more than functional for someone who uses TONS of things at once. This is coming from someone who has 7 different applications running at the same time on a computer at any given point and upto 15 different Firefox tabs open at once. Shit, on Opera on my phone I usually have 8 different windows open at once. No lie. XD And did I mention I have 11 pages worth of apps installed?  :lol:

I just need to figure out how to get on the IRC and listen to JPH!P radio. Doesn't need to be at once on my phone. XD Now if I could BROADCAST, I'd be in business cos I could broadcast to the radio and reprise my old show ANYWHERE. And I think that could be pretty cool. LOL OMGASS!!" THIS WEEK SEXY BEAM IS IN THE MIDDLE OF A GANG WAR OUT IN LIBERTY CITY OH SHI----- UP NEXT, WE GOT M-FLO ON SEXY BEATS HOLLA AT YA GIRL!!! *gun shots*"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 04:53:34 PM by Sexy Beam »

♥♥ // Infinite Bits Gaming Con // ♥♥ // Poupee Girl // ♥♥ // YouTube // ♥♥ // LJ // ♥♥

Offline RoyMoy

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 04:53:55 AM »
Here's a page that might be useful. I don't know if jphip streams is MP3 or AAC though. You can't websurf while doing this though. So I'm guess you'll need a separate IRC client. This doesn't require jailbreaking.

http://www.macworld.com/article/142062/2009/08/internet_radio_background.html

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »
^ jphip is mp3. those are some good options!

Daigong, almost every post that I've made sine Jab's passing has been on my iPhone. I got the 3GS and that shit's baller as fuck. I remember being a kid and watching Star Trek thinking their communicators were the most futuristic shit EVER.... And now I got a phone that's 100 times more baller than the ST communicator. LOL LOVE technology, boy...

The phone may not multi-task, but it does a good job of remembering where you left off. Like, if I'm listening to my music while looking at Google Maps and I get a phone call, the music stops, Google Maps closes and I get sent into phone mode. But when the call is over the music starts back up again at the same point (even fades in and out when it starts and stops) and you can resume using Google Maps at the same spot you were. And it only takes, maybe two or three taps at most. Even though it doesn't multi-task per-say, it's more than functional for someone who uses TONS of things at once. This is coming from someone who has 7 different applications running at the same time on a computer at any given point and upto 15 different Firefox tabs open at once. Shit, on Opera on my phone I usually have 8 different windows open at once. No lie. XD And did I mention I have 11 pages worth of apps installed?  :lol:

I just need to figure out how to get on the IRC and listen to JPH!P radio. Doesn't need to be at once on my phone. XD Now if I could BROADCAST, I'd be in business cos I could broadcast to the radio and reprise my old show ANYWHERE. And I think that could be pretty cool. LOL OMGASS!!" THIS WEEK SEXY BEAM IS IN THE MIDDLE OF A GANG WAR OUT IN LIBERTY CITY OH SHI----- UP NEXT, WE GOT M-FLO ON SEXY BEATS HOLLA AT YA GIRL!!! *gun shots*"

XD That's da FUTURE BABY!! SO GANGSTA!! osnap. im gonna get outta my plan. Big Brother of the worlds most dangerous /perviest /pinkest website needs THIS!

Yo I asked OpsMonkey who has an old iphone and here's the aps he uses:

<OpsMonkey> i use colloquy for irc
<OpsMonkey> for radio i can just link to the radio page and use quicktime to pick up the stream

Sounds DOPE!! How un-Asian can I be without the top gadgets.

Offline rebornsoul

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 01:03:09 PM »
one day i'll come on jphip with my iphone to see how its like

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Time Slip