JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Kimi to Machi Made

Author Topic: [TV] True Blood  (Read 7727 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[TV] True Blood
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:19:49 AM »

True Blood is an American television drama series created and produced by Alan Ball. It is based on the The Southern Vampire Mysteries series of novels by Charlaine Harris. The show is broadcast on the premium cable network HBO in the United States. It is produced by HBO in association with Ball's production company, Your Face Goes Here Entertainment. It premiered on September 7, 2008.

The show's second 12-episode season premiered on June 14, 2009. On July 30, 2009, HBO confirmed that a third season of True Blood will be released in the summer of 2010. Alan Ball has said that he plans to start shooting the third season before Christmas 2009. True Blood details the co-existence of vampires and humans in Bon Temps (meaning "good times" in French), a fictional small northern Louisiana town. The series centers on Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), a telepathic waitress at a bar, who falls in love with vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer). The first season received critical acclaim and won several awards, including one Golden Globe.

True Blood Season 2 Trailer (HBO)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [TV] True Blood
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 08:58:09 AM »
Omg one of the awesomest series on tv at the moment!! :lol:

The show doesn't take itself too seriously. So much fun and fab :lol:

There's sex and/or nudity in like every ep. Hahaha

My fav characters are mostly vampires: Eric, Pam and Jessica.. And then there's Lafayette :D

Can't wait to see the next episode, shit's going down!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 12:33:11 PM »
i think i was like the first person at jph!p to tout the love for true blood.

this show is so awesome and the cast does a really amazing job. my favorite character is Lafayette (nohomo)

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »
LOL Ok season 2 is over!! Thoughts??

I thought the Maryann thing dragged on way too long, but when she finally got pwned it was really rewarding. (+ Naked Sam is always welcome :heart: ) But the rest of the season 2 finale wasn't very exciting. On the one hand I'm glad because it makes the wait feel less horrible, but on the other of course it would've been awesome to have an epic ending for the season. hrrrm

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 07:23:39 PM »
Aw man, I so wish this show would air in my country, we only get that other vampire crap Moonlight and Blood Ties.

Offline rebornsoul

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 01:09:31 PM »
season 2 was great!  :heart:
awaiting season 3 now

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 02:39:31 PM »
Just finished watching Season 2. I think it's definately better than Season 1 (as good as that was), it expanded on the universe quite a bit, I particularly liked the conflict between the vampires and the Fellowship of the Sun. I knew that Sarah, the pastor's wife would be crazy.

I really like the show overall. It's got one of the best relationships in TV. No not Bill and Sookie, but Hoyt and Jessica. And some really great characters like Eric, Pam and Lafayette. Maryann was another great character. My favourite line from any episode of True Blood had to be this exchange:

Sarah: You're worse than Judas!
Jason: Why? What, what did he do to you?

:lol: :lol: And any scene with Lafayette is guaranteed to be hilarious, though there was less of it in Season 2 unfortunately.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 12:15:31 PM »
So with the season premiere just passed, has anyone seen it yet? Does it appear promising or was it a bit of a letdown? I hope they explain how Eric is able to fly XD

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »
So with the season premiere just passed, has anyone seen it yet? Does it appear promising or was it a bit of a letdown? I hope they explain how Eric is able to fly XD

I found the first two episodes to be a bit of a letdown. The fact that they have too many characters/subplots now may be detrimental to the show as much of the premiere is spent on tying up loose ends and such. I'll probably put off watching this for a few weeks and resume watching it later marathon-style.

Oh, and there's this Snoop Dog 'True Blood' rap video...

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »
I haven't got the chance to watch the third season of True Blood yet. My favorite characters so far in the show is Pam(I hope she included more this season) and Lafayette.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 10:18:33 PM »
Like my homegirl tama said, they shoulda had another 3 on the cover...BUT HEY NAKED BODIES!

Great promo poster XD

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 12:37:18 AM »
I heard a lot of stores are pulling that issue of Rolling Stone because of that cover. Boobs and peen never hurt anybody  :thumbup

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 03:50:57 AM »
Haven't really gotten into this show yet...seen some cool clips though...so maybe.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 01:02:42 PM »

I'd recommend really getting into it.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »
As much as I like all the amount of bare skin on True Blood, I don't think I'll ever find blood & biting erotic...

It's just too violent

Luckily that's not *all* that True Blood is, but yeah...

Maybe that's why recently I've been mostly fancying Sam and none of the vampires :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 01:11:13 PM »
Season 3 was pretty awesome, but I was let down by the finale somewhat particularly with the stuff that happened with Jason's and Sam's characters. Those revelations seemed to happen quite suddenly for my liking.

But no doubt about it, the ending to episode 9 was one of my absolute favourite TV moments:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »
Haha yeah, that's one of my favourite tv moments as well. "Now time for the weather. Tiffany?" Ahh, pure gold. :lol:

Anyone else tempted to check out storylines from the books? Not that the show follows them that strictly... Hurr, still gotta wait til July for the new season to start...

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »
I know at least one storyline from the books that's gonna be happening next season

Spoiler below

------------------------------------------------------------->Eric loses memory

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Kimi to Machi Made