JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls Beat!! - My Boy

Author Topic: Show off your Sports Memorabilia  (Read 3874 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Show off your Sports Memorabilia
« on: March 16, 2005, 09:11:06 AM »
Do you collect Sports Memorabilia?

Sports cards. Bobble head dolls. Autographs. Jerseys. McFarlane Figures. Helmets. Etc.

Show off your collection!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 08:36:53 AM »
Man, I got boxes full of sports cards - baseball, football, basketball, hockey, even fuckin WWF and TMNT. All worthless crap because I bought the crappiest cheapest brands. And nowadys, all they care are the inserts.

O-Pee-Chee. Topps. Score. Pro Set. Donruss. FUCK!!! Now all worth like a penny each.

I still buy sports cards but like select players. Got Shaq and Kobe rookies, Ichiro, Yao.

Plus McFarlane figures. Mark Messier, Ichiro, Laker ones: Kobe, Shaq, Karl Malone, Gary Payton.

Anyone get autographs?? Do you stick around games to meet the player? Ever meet a player in person??

Offline SaMi

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 01:41:09 PM »
I have dozens of boxes of baseball cards, but most of what I have is probably worth next to nothing now.  I'm pretty sure everyone has at least a couple of shoeboxes worth of 1987 Topps & Donruss cards.  My best card would probably be my Mike Schmidt year-after-rookie.  And there are my sentimental faves, like my Eric Davis, Barry Larkin, and Chris Sabo rookie cards.

I managed to grab a few autographs over the years, but not from anyone overly notable.  The two I can think of off of the top of my head were from Don Robinson and Doug Bair.  Yeah, not exactly big names.

I've met a few football players in person, but I've never been a big football fan.  I used to work in a store that saw a lot of players from Marshall University drop by.  So I'd occasionally help guys like Randy Moss and Chad Pennington.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 09:28:49 AM »
The only guy I've met in person was onetime Oiler great Grant Fuhr. Well, he was getting his haircut and I said fuck it! Lemme talk to him and he just scribbled and left.

I tried the "Send ass kisssing letter and SASP" and got a response from current Oiler Georges Laraque.

Sports cards are so fuckin expensive nowadays - now with these BS game worn jersey patches. I like a good card with the complete stats. Like HOOPS. Blame Upper Deck and Skybox for this.  :D

Offline hiroayu

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 07:21:46 PM »
i "used" to collect ....but the pack ripping almost made me go bankrupt ...spending thousands a week ...ripping boxes everyday ....and you would be lucky to get 1/3 of your money back ... i still have millions of cards laying around ...just collecting dust ...ive already sold all my good stuff on ebay ..sold them fast and furious ...10,000+ feedbacks in less than a year if u can believe that ......and now im left with commons and a box full of Shawn Estes cards  :(

yeah i used to collect autos too ...went like 3-4 hours before the games and also meet them at the airport ...got a bunch of Mcgwires , Cansecos , Will Clarks etc  ..but of course sold those too

my buddy caught McGwires 49th HR in his rookie season (which still stands as a Rookie Record)  the next day he got his auto on it ...he signed Mark McGwire HR 49 also dated it  ....pretty cool

if someone would question if the ball is real or not ...they could do forensic work on it because there is blood spots all over it...a huge guy jumped on him while he was catching it and slashed his head open..we had to leave the game after that (it was only the 3rd inning)

he says he will never sell it ...but now it may be worthless :(

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 09:19:02 PM »
^ Aw man hiroayu! That McGwire ball must've been worth a lot!! Then again. He never took steroids in his rookie year??

That must've been cool growing up during the Bash Bros era! My folks wouldn't let me hang around the Oilers autograph sessions so I missed out on Mark Messier, Wayne Gretzky, Jari Kurri, etc.

lol when Upper Deck came in and changed the game, I said "Fuck it!" and just collected it for the love of the game. :lmao: ... though I do love that teflon coating they added. I still collect Upper Deck haha.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 08:52:26 AM »
Here's some pix of my Sports Memorabilia collection. here's my McFarlane. Fuck. I overpaid for a lot of em.

:evil:

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 12:28:20 PM »
I used to collect hockey cards. Especially Tampa Bay Lightning. Tampa was quite crappy team back then, and I chose it to the target of my fandom only because no one else collected Tampa and I could trade cards easily.

I till have my collection somewhere.
coot is ctz

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 09:12:30 AM »
Let's see everyone's collections!!! I'm a take a few snapshots sometime. I got bobbleheads, pucks, footballs.

NEWSFLASH!

WOW. There goes my childhood. Upper Deck Bolsters Hockey Lineup By Obtaining Rights To O-Pee-Chee™ Brand Name (3/1/2007)
http://sports.upperdeck.com/hockey/article.aspx?aid=2116

next thing they'll tell me, is that Disney is some cold-hearted conglomerate.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Show off your Sports Memorabilia
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 11:56:51 AM »
*EPIC BUMP*

Free hockey card day, lol London Drugs had like 2 packs left. YOU ANIMALS! :canada:

I got Crosby and Tavares tho, lame info on the back tho. no stats.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Show off your Sports Memorabilia
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 01:24:20 AM »
YEAH another Hockey Card Day. gotta say mad props WAYNE'S SPORTS CARDS AND COLLECTIBLES!! Every pack purchase (I only got two unlike fools who were buying boxes upon boxes) and got two extra free packs and BAM! All Oilers. All DAY:

almost was like a noshow. went to one store opened an hour earlier at West Ed and they were like "we out" when I asked him, he didn't say anything and bought two packs like WTF tell me fuckin zitboy. I'm doing all my sports card shopping at Wayne's from now on, even tho they like fucking half way across town. Also liked hustling the London Drugs lady with some RNH and Gretzky giant cards haha! just bought an energy bar.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!! From last summer: "FUCK!! copped me a box of Upper Deck and got Taylor Hall ROOKIE! can't wait for the season to start!"

RNH rookie is like 40 bucks more than Hall even tho he's been out of the lineup.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls Beat!! - My Boy