JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - BOKU TOE NO CENTURY

Author Topic: [TV] The Official 24 - Day 8 Thread  (Read 17698 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
[TV] The Official 24 - Day 8 Thread
« on: January 05, 2010, 06:34:37 AM »
DAY 8 BEGINS 2010.01.17!!!
JACK IS BACK BITCHEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [TV] The Official 24 - Day 8 Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »
:cow: Chloe :cow:

Offline L1mpk1d78

• ecchi
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 02:16:00 AM »
One week away from one of the greatest show on TV returning. Jack is the man

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 06:10:23 PM »
David Acaveda's (Benito Martinez) is in it! :w00t: Though he's not in the promo pic above so I wonder how long he has got :lol: And good to see Renee Walker's back!

But Freddie Prince Jnr? Really? XD

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to this.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 07:17:02 AM »
On David Letterman (20100113):

Seems he lost a bet  :rofl:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 06:35:53 AM »
^
:on lol:

First 2 episodes aired today, the 3rd and 4th are airing tomorrow.  A few thoughts hidden in case anyone doesn't want spoilers:

[bgcolor=#000000]- the head of CTU NY is an idiotic paper pusher who's more concerned about covering his own ass and making the department "look good" than he is about making sure that all the potential possibilities are covered. I can't wait for Jack and Chloe to make him look like a douchebag for ignoring their advice/recommendations.
- I'd think that if Kim hadn't known what type of work CTU did and just how much of a difference they could make when they're actually able to do their job, she probably wouldn't have told Jack to stay and do what he knows needs to be done.
- Katee Sackhoff as the CTU agent with a secret past...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawt!
- apparently the guy who plays the Middle Eastern president was also in "Slumdog Millionaire" (I haven't seen that movie myself, so I didn't know).
[/bgcolor]

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 06:47:19 AM »
3rd and 4th eps aired in the second back-to-back session to debut the new season:
[bgcolor=#000000]
- nothing like cops acting like vigilantes, shooting first (or in this case beating up) and not bothering to ask questions at all to reinforce your faith in law enforcement officials. [/sarcasm]
- I totally hope that something really bad happens to that douchebag ex-BF of Katie Sackhoff's character.
- CTU totally fell for the false data hook, line, and sinker, and came within a hair of leading Hassan straight to his assassination.
- as soon as Jack said "You've gotta stop that car," there was really only one course of action that could be taken to save Hassan's life.
- I'd have to say this must be the quickest/soonest in a season they've killed someone that we've thought to be a "main" or "major" bad guy.
- whoa, CTU NY head guy actually gave Chloe and Jack props for having the instincts to see something else was up and for pursuing it when he was focusing on other shit?
- Goddayum Renee looks hawt, though the part where she cut off the guy's thumb caught me a bit off guard. If this was within the first 3 or 4 seasons I'd have expected that to have been something Jack would've done.
[/bgcolor]

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 04:22:36 AM »
First thought after this week's ep:

[bgcolor=#000000]That Russian-mafia-muthafucker...HE KILLED HIS OWN SON!!! [/bgcolor]
:OMG:

Other thoughts:
[bgcolor=#000000]- though I doubt it's going to happen, boy how badly do I hope that Dana going intentionally lead that douchebag ex-con ex of hers straight back into jail.
- okay, Renee's downward spiral is getting really scary  :o
- LOL Jack with glasses looks nerd-ish
- double LOL at Chloe telling off the other tech guy XD[/bgcolor]

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 04:11:37 AM »
[bgcolor=#000000]- Well, the partner of the douchebag punk ex-BF of Katee Sackhoff's character just went and clearly demonstrated why guys like him are just dumb, douchebag punks. They had what had to be the fastest, easiest 6-figure score that anyone could ask for. They had PLENTY of time to make a guaranteed getaway and what happens? He gets greedy and wants more, even though they knew that there would be a patrol coming in the next few minutes.
- President Hassan's getting uber paranoid now. He's stated that he's an advocate for disarmament and for an end to the totalitarian-style rule that his nation had previously been under, yet now with the events of today, he's resorting to much of the same tactics that he had been speaking out against.
- Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosnap! Renee SNAPPED! :o After her first stabby stab I was "Oh you KNOW he's dead."
- At first when the Russian guys took Jack and there was no aerial footage of it at CTU I was wondering if there was a hack somewhere or something...then they showed the sewer scene adn it all made sense.
[/bgcolor]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:16:04 AM by JFC »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 11:07:46 PM »
I was expecting Jack impersonating a German to be very silly indeed, but it actually went better than I thought. I was thinking he'd put on this faux-German accent but who thought Jack Bauer could speak fluent German? Oh..wait...that's right. It's because he's freaking Jack Bauer :lol:

I really, really, really hope Dana's ex gets what's coming to him but it's not the best side story the series has seen. Unless it affect's Dana in some way that has an impact on the main story, then it's pretty pointless. My guess? [bgcolor=#000000]Dana kills both her ex and his mate in a fit of rage at which point she has to ask her hubbie to get involved to help cover up the bodies which eventually both led to them getting found out or the hubbie is more loyal to his sense of justice and duty and reports both her and himself to the police.[/bgcolor] Hope I'm wrong.

And why is the head of CTU always in a slouch? That headset can't be that heavy! :lol:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »
Weren't too far off Tuffty. Looking forward to tonight's episode.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 10:32:42 PM »
Damn I'm good! XD Ok so he's covered up the bodies now, but I suspect his conscience will eat away at him throughout until he turns himself in. Man they're really plowing through the bad guys this season. One minute you think the Russian son is gonna be the big bad, then it turns out to be Farrah and now it's one of his terrorist buddies!

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 11:13:55 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty typical for 24, but we're only about 1/4 through.

I'm fairly sure Chloe or Arlo will tune up the break-in of the police evidence warehouse. That's probably being saved till later in the day though.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 06:30:24 AM »
I can't help but think that I've seen the guy that plays the probation officer somewhere before. :?

Man you just know that it's gonna be a real bitch to clean up that Marcos kid.  :ph43r:

Also it looks like President Hassan's suspicions about his former security chief might not have been that far off after all. :O

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 02:49:40 PM »
I can't help but think that I've seen the guy that plays the probation officer somewhere before. :?

I remember him being in True Blood but I can swear I've seen that face elsewhere too.

Right seriously, they need to let this Dana storyline die. It's a waste for Katee Sackhoff and I thought this was going to be largely wrapped up in the last episode. Seriously, just put your phone on silent and this won't be a problem!

Classic Jack though, "I will kill your mother", I get the impression that he probably wouldn't but then...maybe he would...

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »
I agree. It's a bad thing when the audience is muttering "Just turn off your phone. Why the fuck can't you just turn off your phone and let it go to voicemail?"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 11:23:38 PM »
HOLY CRAP!!

That was, bar none, probably the best episode of the series, and one of the best ever. Where can they go from here now that CTU is down? Dana must be the only one that's pleased. :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 02:56:46 AM »
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh shit Dana!
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

EDIT:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHIT DANA!!!
:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 08:35:03 PM »
This season has gone from average to utter garbage with that ending..

* Guchi 's near giving up on 24..
  :thumbdown:

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - BOKU TOE NO CENTURY