JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Luna Sea - Love Song

Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Series  (Read 49801 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2010, 01:43:18 AM »
Exactly, even the little things like glitches and getting stuck in objects, that stuff's been reported for months and nothing's happened to fix it. Maybe Treyarch is different but, I'm not exactly hopeful.

Oh I love finding boosters and ruining their fun. What's better than killing them at 24 kills however is if you find them nice and early and just as they make the 5th kill, you step up and kill them. Cause their involvement in the game is now reduced to nothing as you completely ruin their chances of getting a nuke in that game.  :twisted: 90% of the time they'll end up leaving as a result.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 05:22:34 AM »
I've always considered Treyarch's Call of Duty's to be inferior to Infinity Ward's, although World at War was pretty good. Black Ops looks like it might be good, but I'm still not buying it new. Not with Activision being as dicky to the franchise as they have been.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2010, 12:27:08 PM »
More than 20 million Call of Duty map packs have been sold, Activision has announced.

The milestone was passed during the quarter ending 30 June 2010.

Note: these map packs span all Call of Duty games, not just Modern Warfare 2.

We can only imagine the income from 20 million map packs at 1200 Microsoft Points/£11. Why, that's enough for Activision boss Bobby Kotick to buy a personal jet of his own with.

Never has the proverb "A fool and his money are soon parted" been more apt.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2010, 02:08:33 PM »
Friends don't let friends buy DLC.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2010, 12:48:48 PM »
Guess who got the nuke for the first time in his life last night? ;) It was made even better by the fact that in the previous 2 games, 2 of my friends both got nukes each, so for 3 games, there were 3 nukes called in from 3 different people, but all in one 'clan'. XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2010, 10:32:34 PM »
Black Ops Multiplayer gameplay

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 02:58:51 AM »
That actually looks amazing. Much better than MW2 IMO

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 10:15:25 PM »
Collector Edition's for Black Ops are announced, still got the Hardened and Prestige editions like in MW2 and this time with the Prestige edition you get...an RC Car, just like in the game!

"For the Prestige Edition, Treyarch and Activision created an entirely original remote controlled surveillance vehicle inspired by the RC-XD from Black Ops Multiplayer," reads the official blurb.

"With a range of up to 200 feet, the RC-XD Surveillance Vehicle has a fully-functioning remote camera that transmits both TFT colour video and audio to its operator."

It's got that and all the gubbins in the Hardened Edition: a Black Ops custom medal, exclusive avatar outfit and four in-game co-op maps.

It will only cost you £130.

...Yeah. Me neither!

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2010, 02:53:38 AM »
I'll settle for a cheaper version off ebay a few weeks after the release date

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2010, 11:46:08 PM »
Well that's it lads. The end of an era. My MW2 disc is scratched beyond repair. Don't know how it happened, I always take good care of my discs. But as I was thinking about going down to get it repaired or replaced I just thought, well Black Ops is around the corner, you're playing Left 4 Dead 2 more than MW2 anyway, and you have COD4 if you need that fix, so I decided against it. It's weird though, all those beastly games with the Tar 21 silencer. Never again. Well, ok not never, I can always still get it fixed. But yeh, no more games til Black Ops I think, I'll save my pennies til then.

And as I officially retire from MW2, I left it off with my highest ever K/D ratio in COD4 or MW2. 1.89 baby :pimp:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2011, 03:42:08 PM »
I propose that Masa just renames this topic to Modern Warfare 3. Because of all the gameplay footage I've seen, especially with this multiplayer trailer they just unveiled, you may as well just call it a MW2 expansion pack:

Great trailer no doubt, but I can't tell whether it's a good or bad thing. On one hand I'm thinking, 'Looks and plays like MW2? Awesome. I loved the shit out of that multiplayer, more of that will do nicely.' But then I'm also thinking 'Looks and plays like MW2? Um...no? Already played it and I'm more enticed this year by Battlefield 3 anyway!'

Oh who am I kidding? I'll probably wind up buying both MW3 and Battlefield 3 at some point.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2011, 10:46:47 AM »
personally i hate when they change up the newest installment of a game too much - i remember they did that with the ghost recon games - i was used to how the first one played and the button layout. on the second one they changed alot of that around to where it almost felt like a different game altogether...one of the things i loved about the tony hawk games was that the tricks/button layout was the same thru all the games...i hope the button layout and the main gameplay of mw3 stays the same, cuz it would suck to have to re-learn the gameplay and stuff  :catglare:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Series
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2011, 12:45:07 AM »
I can promise you here and now that everything will be as you remember. Left stick to move, right to aim, LT to use iron sights, RT to shoot, A to jump etc. It's a genre defining formula that COD helped to set, it's unlikely to change. And MW3 will definately play the same too, again it's a formula that works, why mess with it? The franchise is pretty much like an OS at this point, and they know they also have their hardcore fans that will cry over something as simple as a font change for the menus so they dare not try something radical like overhauling the design. Course then, you get those who cry out for a change after all! It's really difficult to please fans when a franchise gets as big as COD.

So this COD Elite thing, a free stat tracking service for everyone to use but, what about the Premium membership? What makes it worth another £34.99 (!) of your money? Here's a list of what to expect for a COD Elite Premium membership

20 pieces of DLC released over nine months
    Prized events
    Prized operations
    Prized tactical operations with in-game playlist and modes
    Prized clan operations
    Official leagues
    Level up your clan through clan operations
    Unlock clan level benefits
    Unique in-game gold clan tag
    Exclusive in-game clan player cards and emblems
    Access to all in-game clan title cards
    Access to all in-game clan emblems
    Access hours of pro video guides for every weapon and map
    Professional tactics and help
    Share expert community playbooks and strategies fro every map and mode
    Join premium groups
    Early access to test new Elite features
    Eight times more HD video capacity for video uploads
    Four times more user storage for match replays and two times greater video export length
    Access to Elite TV - episodic video entertainment made by top talent

Those who pre-order Elite premium status or the Hardened Edition of Modern Warfare 3 also get Elite Founder status which nets the following additional perks:

Exclusive founder weapon camo
    Founder clan XP boost
    Exclusive founder in-game player card
    Exclusive founder in-game emblem
    Founder private group
    Exclusive founder Call of Duty Elite profile skin
    Exclusive competitions and prizes

Considering DLC will likely cost anywhere up to £34.99 anyway, I'd say you may as well get this. Get a shit ton of other stuff as well to go along with it. Also, 20 DLC packs over 9 months?! You thought they were milking it before...My guess is a lot of COD4/MW2 map pack re-releases on top of newly created maps.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 12:22:56 AM »
In the US the hardened ed. is $99.99, and that basically pre-pays for all the DLC, anelite subscription, founder status, and avatar costume correct?  Being the game alone is $59.99, sounds reasonable for an additional $40.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 12:28:41 AM »
Considering the extra $40 is roundabout the total price for all the DLC map packs, plus all the additional features you get eith COD Elite, then it seems perfectly reasonable. Activision had to do it that way though, it would have been very hard to justify the price for COD Elite if it didn't go someway towards DLC packs.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2011, 12:58:17 AM »
There's a new way to massively boost your XP in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Simply guzzle bottles of Pepsi and chomp on bagfuls of Doritos.

A new promo cooked up by Activision and Pepsi offers consumers the chance to double their XP through specific play-times - IF they buy promoted cans of soda and bags of tasty corn chips.

No doubt, this seems like a great idea to the marketing whizzkids at these two august corporations. But not everyone agrees.

Writing in Forbes, Paul Tassi called the promo, "a new low for an industry that wants to keep digging." His argument? Very few people would say that the products offered under this promotion are healthy; therefore offering them to gamers in exchange for valuable in-game currency is leading them to eat poorly and increasingly damaging their health.

Some might say that this promo is no different than offering a child a toy, along with her cheeseburger. But even if you approve of the questionable marketing tactics of fast food empires, the comparison is weak. A toy is a thing that you either own, or do not own. XP is cumulative. Players want as much of it, as quickly as they can get.

Supporters of the promo point out that MW3 is an adult game, and therefore the promo is only targeted at adults, who are free to choose their diets as they see fit. This sophistry ignores the fact that many adult games are played by minors, who are also a key target demographic for soda companies.

The promo works as follows. The more of this junk food you buy, the faster you can access better weapons in the game, the more kudos and skill you accrue.

There is a limit on the promo. Consumers can only gain two hours worth of double-time. 1.5 hours, according to the promo, will cost a 20-pack of soda. Based on a 12-fluid oz can of Pepsi carrying an estimated 150 calories, that's a whole day's worth of calories for an adult male.

All this is unfolding in a culture of increasing concern about obesity, particularly in the young.

Activision is not alone in cozying up to fast-food companies and soda giants. For example, Pepsi and Mountain Dew have a long history of association with games, including a Mass Effect 2 promo that placed codes for in-game enhancements and DLC under Dr. Pepper caps.

Gamers may also feel that there's something wrong about giving players with cash to splash on junk food an in-game advantage. Surely XP is something you earn. It's called "experience" for a reason, right?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2011, 01:03:50 AM »
I'm surprised they just didn't end up calling it Call of Dewty

"For many of our gamers, Call of Duty and Mountain Dew go hand in hand..."

Ugh. I despise marketers.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2011, 09:33:28 PM »
So I've caved in. Not getting Battlefield 3 and going with Modern Warfare 3 instead. Don't get me wrong Battlefield looks great, I definately do want to get my hands on it at some point, but I'd say a big reason why I'm not getting it right now is that my friends aren't interested in it. With MW3, I know what I'm getting into and so do my friends and we're just gonna rip it up. Been watching some multiplayer trailers and it looks cool. Glad to see Spec Ops is back, loved it in MW2, and the Survival mode looks much more interesting to me than Zombies mode in Black Ops. And you know what? I'm actually interested in the single player, I want to see how it all ends. I hope it gets crazy.

I'm gonna go with the Hardened Edition too. If I get the years subscription to COD Elite, with a guarantee of all that DLC stuff now, at a cheaper price, with all that extra stuff? Why not? I do hope they live up to their word and make DLC stuff more than just map packs and have it as Spec Ops missions too.

Glad it's decided! I'm super excited about it now!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2011, 08:08:25 PM »
I could sense they were gonna do this and turns out I was right, the single player campaign in Modern Warfare 3 has it's own 'No Russian' moment. I don't know what it is other than it's meant to occur in London which will really aggrevate the newspapers over here! :lol:

Offline kanon

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2011, 11:03:39 PM »
^ there is? what's on there this time?

btw, love the speech Shepherd gives before the final battle. I will probably beat the single player in two days, then play multiplayer for a week before the next new releases come out.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Luna Sea - Love Song