JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lostage - SF

Author Topic: Puppy Love (UPDATE 1/30)  (Read 23504 times)

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
Puppy Love (UPDATE 1/30)
« on: March 03, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »
CHAPTER 1

“Please be careful when you walk home tonight, Ai-chan.” Risa warns.

I roll my eyes and sigh at her normal motherly instincts that always take over when I work night shifts at the cafe. I smile politely at her and nod. Even if she's being overly protective and concerned about me I still put up with it in the same way she puts up with me being stubborn. It's the least I can do. After all, I do owe so much to Gaki-san. If it weren't for her I wouldn't have this job or have my small apartment because the cost of living in Tokyo is too high.

I still can't seem to get why she's always so worried over me, like whether I’ll reach my apartment safely when it's only three blocks from here. However, I will remain grateful for Gaki-san's help and caring nature. It was because of her why I'm here today. She is friends with the owners of this cozy coffee shop and that guaranteed me the job as a waitress. She pulled a few strings a few months back and before I knew it I was employed and working in Morning Cafe within two weeks.

I decided to move to Tokyo a year ago to pursue a career in acting to my parents' dismay. I may be a little too headstrong since I went against my parents' wishes to go after a dream they can't seem to understand, but I'm a performer. I was born for this. Of course, like expected I currently have no luck in getting any roles. I knew that would happen though, because not everyone can get a big break so easily.

So here I am, finishing my midnight shift and ready to go home only to work again tomorrow afternoon because I have classes in the morning. This routine gets tiring sometimes, but I've grown to like this shop as well as the staff members. The workers here are the friends I've gained since I left Fukui, and I've been able to make a few friends at college also. I feel less homesick because of my friends. It makes this job I attend to daily more enjoyable.

“I'll be fine Gaki-san there is no need to worry.” I reassure.

“Ai-chan, are you sure you don't want me to drive you home?” Risa offers.

“Risa, I live only three blocks away. I can walk.” I remind her.

“That's right. OK, I'll see you tomorrow then, Ai-chan.” Risa agrees.

I walk over to give her a goodbye hug then turn back to the two owners of Morning Cafe. From behind the cash-register, I can see the two owners putting chairs on top of tables to get ready to clean before locking the doors and leaving too.

“Goodnight Yoshizawa-san, Ishikawa-san!” I yell.

I lift my hand into the air and wave to the two owners of this cafe.

“Goodnight Ai-chan, be safe.” Ishikawa-san calls back.

“Don't forget about tomorrow. Come here on time, OK?” Yoshizawa-san admonishes.

I nod to my boss's statement. I put on a cheery smile, more than happy to finally be home, then turn toward the wooden framed doors. I push open one door, stepping into the cool night air. I hear Risa give me one last goodbye. The only bad thing about tonight is that it's raining. I open my umbrella before beginning to stroll down the sidewalk.

Maybe, when I get home, I can play my DS again to beat that final boss I can't just defeat yet. Clutching my umbrella firmly into my palm, I absentmindedly look around me to the blinking bright neon colored lights, never really noticing my surroundings, but focusing my thoughts on what magical spells I can use to weaken this undefeated boss in my video game. I look forward to playing again. I haven't had any time to play for several weeks because work has become more demanding since the shop lost a waitress recently. Yoshizawa-san hasn't found a new worker suitable for the vacant position yet.

I hope someone will be hired soon. I would like to have some time with my friends too. Lately, I have only been leaving my job to sleep in my apartment instead of going to work, going with my friends to a karaoke place together, then coming home to sleep. Things are much harder since I attend college at the same time. It's a shame I haven't really gotten the chance to spend quality time with my friends for a few weeks.

Whenever I walk through Tokyo late at night it reminds me of all the places I want to visit or a restaurant I would like to try with my friends instead of buying half my meals at a convenience store. I should really try to cook at home for once. I'll worry about that later. Right now, I'm looking over the places I will like to try for any free time I get after work. Searching through crowds, I come to realize that it always amazes me at how different the city in Tokyo looks when the sun falls. The entire city changes into night mode. All the buildings shine more with their blinking signs and bright blues and yellows.

That's only a few colors out of the many I see going through food markets and any other local stores. I've never seen so many lights in one city. The noise from this sleepless city I’m used to now, along with the large crowds. I look over different shops briefly and turn the corner, reaching the end of the food markets. The yelling of shop owners trying to catch a customer dies down.

Walking now in silence and passing a small alley way, I hear something stirring from within the narrow path. The noise is faint and I can't really figure out what is making that strange sound. I listen more closely. Is that...crying? No wait, whimpering? I stand still, squinting through the dark. I can't see anything.

I start to see a small dark figure from within the distance of the alleyway. The shaded figure begins to grow as it comes closer and closer to the opening of the alley. The sound also gets clearer and I piece together that it isn't crying, but in fact whimpering.

“Ah, a puppy!!” I squeak, rushing over to the animal that just revealed itself. I bend down to get a better look. “What are you doing out here in the rain?”

I reach out to pet its white fur. The dog is completely soaked and ice cold. I can feel the puppy shaking through its thick fur. Who could just leave a small dog out in the streets on a day like this? The dog lets out another whimper and weakly jumps on to its hind legs to press its front paws onto my lap.

The hungry dog gazes sadly into my eyes, silently asking for my help. There's this twinkle in the puppy's eyes as it looks at me. I've never seen a dog with eyes like these. They're a light haze of brown with a bright sparkle behind the soft colored eyes. I stroke the back of the dog's neck and feel something hard against my hand.

I realize the damp thick material at its neck is a collar and trace my fingers around it. I reach to the front of the collar and find that the tag that is supposed to be attached is missing. I pick the dog up from the floor and lift it to my eye level. The white colored house pet remains still as I hold it while it still continues to whimper and cry. I carefully examine the dog for any wounds and get a horny view at its lower half on accident.

Well, I now know this dog is a girl. My eyes settle back to the puppy's light colored eyes.

“What type of pet dog doesn't have a tag to its collar?” I whisper. “Did you escape from home? Are you lost? Your owner is probably worried about you. I'll take you home before you get sick. Then I'll return you back to your owner.”

The dog lets out a happy bark that's still weak. How long has the dog been here? I carefully bring the dog into my arms to give some type of warmth to its quivering body. The second this dog is in my arms it starts to lick rapidly at my face in excitement. I cringe and turn my head away to dodge the licking, but the dog instead starts to lick at my ear, causing me to giggle.

“Hey, stop.” I gently command.

Surprisingly, the dog obeys and just pants happily with its tongue hanging out looking at me. Whoever owned this dog trained her well. I shift the dog into my arms to a more comfortable position so that I can hold my umbrella in one hand and the puppy in the other. I can feel her thick bushy tail wagging side to side against my back in joy.

“Come on, let's get home. I'm sure you're hungry.” I say.

The puppy lets out another bark and I start to walk, but at a much quicker pace. First thing tomorrow morning I'll find this puppy a home.

“It isn't much, but it's all I have.” I say, before dropping the dog to the floor. “Just don't wet the floor!”

I watch the young dog search around my home then stand still. Before I can ponder what she's doing the dog's whole body shakes. I feel hundreds of water droplets land on my face and make me wet all over. I should have remembered dogs do that when they get wet. Did she have to do it when I was near though?!

It doesn't matter. I'll just change my clothing later. Right now I need to wank through what the dog will need for the night. Maybe I should make something for her to pee on. I rush over to the kitchen table. She follows me as I start to walk away. I take a few sheets of newspaper from the table and pile the sheets together. 

The small puppy watches me curiously, and then follows me again when I go to put the stack of papers down in the corner of the hallway. I look back at her with a raised brow. She tilts her head, panting with her mouth open.

“Uh...you're potty trained right?” I ask. Wait, why am I talking to her as if she understands me like a human? Well, no one is looking, why not? I point to her. “You,” Then I point to the newspaper. “Pee there! Don't pee anywhere else.”

She looks up at me still happy then tilts her head to the other side. I put my head down and feel my shoulders sink. I wish I paid attention to how my mom got my dog to pee outside. Right now I can't remember anything. The white dog looks at me still happily wagging her tail. I should probably feed her now.

What can I feed her though? I don't have any dog food - just normal human food. How old is this dog? She licks her mouth then sits down staring with her tail still wagging. I go over to my refrigerator and open to see what I have inside.

There's a single container inside, leaving me no choice but to feed it to the dog. I take the rectangular plastic container and pry open the top. All I have in here is rice and fish. I examine the food closely to see if I haven't left it in my refrigerator too long like last time. There isn't any mold on it. I bring the food closer and smell it. It smells fine.

I shrug and turn around to the waiting dog in my kitchen.

“Here you,” I wonder if it's fine to feed her rice and fish. I put a finger to my chin, carefully thinking my choice over. She barks catching my attention again. It should be OK just for today. Tomorrow I'll buy her real food. I wonder if Gaki-san knows what I should feed her. “Alright, I hope you like this. I'm not sure if this is exactly safe, but if I wake up and you’re still alive I guess that means it's fine to eat it.”

I put the container down and she rushes over, chomping as much food as possible in her mouth. I reach down and pat the top of her head as she continues to eat.

“You're cute.” I cry. “I don't get how someone can just throw you away.”

It doesn't take long before all the food is gone and I'm left with trying to see what else the dog will need for tonight. I've given her food. She's already dry, thanks to shaking it all off on me. Through all the careful thinking, a yawn exits from my mouth, stopping my thoughts. I cover my mouth with one hand, while the other reaches out above my head to stretch.

That's right, I should make her a bed! I know I have some extra blankets here. I leave the kitchen to go through a closet next to my room and I can hear the sound of nails tapping against the wooden floors behind me. Is she going to follow me everywhere I go? I take out a blanket then enter my room. I turn on the lights and quickly pick out a spot to place the sheet.

I make sure to fold the blanket and make it fluffy so that it will be nice to lie on then I stand back, admiring my work. It doesn't look that horny, but it will have to do. I look at the dog beside me.

“You don't pee here either.” I warn. “I think that's everything you need for tonight.” I feel another yawn come out, realizing how tired I am.

So much for playing my DS tonight. I might as well sleep. I have work tomorrow. I go over to my drawer to get into dry clean clothes then get into bed. I sit up in bed and peek over the edge to see where the dog is. She's still next to the make-shift bed, staring at me.

“Get to bed,” I command. She remains still, looking directly at me. “Go on! It's time to sleep.”

She whimpers, but I remain firm. She stands on her four legs then gets on to the bed I made for her. She walks around in a circle on the bed then lies down with her head on her paws. I lean over to the lamp next to my bed and shut off the light. I lie back in bed, pulling the blanket up to my chest, and close my eyes.

I exhale slowly, preparing myself to get into a deep slumber. That is until I hear whimpering, disrupting me from much needed sleep. I decide to ignore it this time, but the noise doesn't stop and it gets louder. What does she want this time? I sit back up and switch on the light.

She looks so scared sleeping there by herself. Should I let her come up here with me just for tonight? Well, she was in the freezing rain for a while. If she sleeps here she'll be a lot warmer. This will only be for tonight though and then I'll tell Gaki-san to help me find her owner.

“Alright, you can sleep here.” I agree.

She jumps off from her bed and runs to the foot of the bed scratching at the wood to the bed frame. I crawl over to pick her up since the bed is too tall for her. I lay onto my bed and she lies next to my chest, curled into a ball. I smile at how cute she looks sleeping next to me and stroke her head a few times.

“Just remember, you are only sleeping here for tonight and if you wet my bed you'll be in so much trouble,” I explain.

She brushes her nose against my shirt as if trying to break me of my serious tone. I smile at her cute action to get me to be less strict. Sensing that I've loosened up, she lies still almost instantly asleep. Her eyes droop and her breathing is less heavy. I stroke the top of her head until she's finally closed her eyes.

She really is cute. It makes me feel sad knowing someone could have thrown her out instead of her accidentally escaping from home.  At least she's out of the rain and with me. Of course I don't plan to have her long, but for now it's fine. I pull the blanket up to my chest and close my eyes. It's too bad I can't keep her.

I would like to have her as a pet. It gets lonely living by myself in this apartment.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:07:38 AM by writerjunkie »

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
  • WakaRei: So real it's unreal
Re: Puppy Love
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:05:16 PM »
 :w00t: new fic!

I still can't seem to get why she's always so worried over me, like whether I’ll reach my apartment safely when it's only three blocks from here.
She likes you?  XD

IshiYoshi   :otomerika: :yossi:  :D

I carefully examine the dog for any wounds and get a good view at its lower half on accident.
Well, I now know this dog is a girl.
:lol:

Did she have to do it when I was near though?!
XD  poor Ai...

The puppy is cute  :love:

I'm already wondering what the pairing will be in this fic   :grin:

TakaSemaru  :heart:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 11:46:11 PM »
Hey, you posted! :D It's so nice to see - this chapter is sooo cute :heart:! Ah the TakaGaki, and hard-working, caring Ai-chan. :heart:

Not too much to comment on yet (other than the massive cuteness), but the ending is ominous... 8) Looking forward to what's next!

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 04:31:43 AM »
Kawaii~!

Not really sure which direction this fic is heading so can't comment much on it... Only that it's TOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEE!!

Damnit... now you reminded me of me dog.. I so miss her :cry: :cry:

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 06:06:07 AM »
Writerjunkie, you're really spitting out stories  :D

I'm actually up to chapter 8 of TTCL, and will comment when I've finished that...

But...

:w00t:

:heart: :otomerika: :yossi: :heart:

I didn't expect that... I'm a super IshiYoshi fan, and though I have a sinking feeling they're only going to be mentioned in passing for the story, I hope they can play a bigger role  :nervous

But yeah, Ai X Puppy has to be just as cute. The title is "Puppy Love" after all. The way you described the puppy and the interaction between it and Ai... *sigh* I feel all warm and giddy inside. Dogs are my favourite of all animals, and puppies reign supreme.  :theking
Is there going to be TakaGaki? It seems so... but the puppy may just have Risa flipping mad with jealousy  :lol:
Or maybe the puppy will be the link between Ai and *insert musume here*??? Since an unknown musume may be the owner of this poor puppy (though hopefully not one to just abandon animals like that >.<)

And lastly, Ai's such a dork. ^__^ Even I don't randomly think about such things like "what magical spells I can use to weaken this undefeated boss in my video game"....  :rofl:

I'd like to see where this may go...

Update soon please! <333

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »
Aichan with a pup....what can be cuter than that? :wub: Can't wait for a barkalicious story from you :lol:

Offline aussie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 02:03:35 AM »
At first glance I thought this was a TakaGaki story, but it turns there is an actual puppy who makes an appearance  XD
I'm wondering who the puppy may turn out to be, or who the puppy will end up introducing to the story. If it was a kitten I would have come up with a guess immediately *cough* :D Will the Rokkies have a role in this story? I can't wait till your next update.

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 07:20:49 AM »
Thanks everyone who has left a comment! ^_^ Look forward to the dog because she is important to the story. You will all see what I mean later on. I'll try to update often since this fic I intend to keep it kind of short.

Well, anyway, I have a new chapter! I don't think it's that good though. I've struggled over it many times and well if I can think of other things to add or a better way to write this I'll be sure to change the chapter. I hope it is at least somewhat enjoyable how it is right now though.

CHAPTER 2

“OK, enough already! I'm up!” I groan.

I push the blanket away from my face and frown when I hear another bark come from the wide-awake and lively dog to my left. She scraps her paws gently against my arm as if trying to wake me easier. Is it time to feed her  again? I sit up in bed and rub my drooping eyes. The dog goes onto my lap, waiting for me to move so she can follow. Through my fingers, I can see her bushy tail wagging again as she stands.

She whimpers when I sit there for a few minutes, trying to gather my thoughts on what I need to do before getting to class. I stretch my arms and let out another yawn. The eager dog scraps at my arm again, becoming impatient with waiting.

“Alright, I'm awake.” I announce.

I get out of bed and pick her up into my arms afraid she will get hurt jumping off the bed. I put her down when I'm into the kitchen and search for any food I have left to feed her. My refrigerator is empty and that kind of makes me worry. I don't think I will have any food in the cupboards. I open the first cabinet I see and peek inside. There isn't anything worth feeding to her. I have got to go shopping. I close the doors to the cupboard and sigh disappointed. What will I be able to feed her now? Do I even have enough time to buy something at the store before class? I hear a sharp bark behind me and jump at the sudden high pitched noise.

“I know you're hungry! I'll get you something to eat.” I promise.

I face the dog again and reach down to pet her. She must be so hungry. She is just a puppy after all. It looks like I'll have to make a quick visit to the store. I stand up to search for my purse to count how much cash I have on me.

The last thing I want is to make a run to the bank because I don't have enough money. Rummaging through my bag, my cell phone resting inside my purse goes off, glowing through the dark bag. I grab it already knowing who is calling me this early in the morning. Who else would call me this early?

“Hello?”

“Ah, Ai-chan, you made it home safely.” Risa sighs, relieved. “It's a good thing I've called you before you left.”

“What's wrong?” I question. This doesn't seem like our normal morning conversations before I go off to class.

“Nothing is wrong. In fact, I have some good news to tell you!” Risa chimes. “I was speaking to Yoshizawa-san today and I've managed to let her give you the day off.”

“Huh?! How did you do that?” I ask, surprised.

“Well, I told her how hard you've been working lately since we're one girl short. It wasn't easy, but after a long discussion she agreed. I know how tired you must be. So you don't have to worry about coming in today.” she explains.

“Gaki-san, you're the best! Thank you.” I cheer.

I hear her laugh on the other end to my overjoyed statement.

“My shift today is short. Maybe we can finally go out to this restaurant Sayumi mentioned to me.” Risa suggest.

“Well, I'll have to see how much...” The sound of trickling water interrupts me from my conversation.

I don't remember having a leaking faucet. I slowly turn around, following where the noise is coming from. I nearly drop my phone when I  see what made that dripping sound. “Hey, no! I told you not to pee here!”

“Ai-chan?” Risa questions.

I rush over to the small white dog who decided to make my kitchen floor its own toilet. I pick her up and rush over towards the bathroom since I have no idea what else to do. I place her into the tub and notice that I've chose a bad move. Great, now there is a trail of pee all over the house! I slap my hand to my forehead and sigh.

“Didn't I tell you to not pee anywhere else, but on the newspaper!?” I yell. The puppy starts to whimper and cowards into a corner. “Now look what I have to clean! You're going to make me late!”

“Ai-chan, what are you talking about? Who's over there?!” Risa shouts.

I exit the bathroom, leaving the puppy behind. If I take her out now she might walk into the puddles and make it worse. I enter the kitchen again taking the mop into my hand.

“Ai-chan!” Risa screams again.

“Huh!? Oh, sorry Gaki-san. I didn't expect her to do such a thing.” I answer.

“Ai-chan, what are you talking about? Is someone with you?”

I start to clean the puddles with my mop, carefully. “Well, you can say it's someone. I um...last night I found a puppy in the rain while walking home.” I reveal. “I didn't want her to die Gaki-san! She's only a puppy!”

“Did you just take a dog into your home last night?!” Risa interrupts.

“Uh...yes.” I squeak.

“Ai-chan, that isn't your dog! It's probably someone's pet. You have to give that dog back.” Risa demands. “What if that dog wasn't so friendly?! It could have bitten you!”

“Gaki-san, it's only a puppy. I don't think it will hurt me.” I shoot back. “Besides, I felt bad for her. She was shivering and whimpering.”

“You have to give that dog back, Ai.” Risa reminds me.

“I know. After class I'm going to make fliers for her.” I agree. “Right now I kind of need to buy her food since who knows how long she will stay here.”

“What have you been feeding her?” Risa curiously ask.

“Well, last night all I had was rice and fish.” I respond.

“Ai-chan, I don't think you're suitable to take care of a dog. You barely can cook for yourself.” Risa advices.

“I know! I'm going to change that! Besides, I was kind of hoping you would help me with taking care of the dog too.” I beg. “I need your help Gaki-san! What should I get for her?!”

There's silence on Gaki-san's end as she thinks this situation over. I really need her help. She always knows what to do when I'm in trouble or need an extra pair of hands. I know I can always rely on Gaki-san. I just hope she won't decide to turn away from me on this situation.

“OK, I will help you. I'll come over to your place after work. I should be out at five o'clock. Wait for me until then. You should buy dog food for now before you head to class.” Risa instructs.

“Thank you!” I cry, feeling one hundred times better with Gaki-san's guidance.

“Have a good day at class, Ai-chan~!”

We say goodbye to each other then I hang up to clean the rest of the mess. When I'm done with my work I come back to the bathroom to take the dog out of the tube. When I get there I see the puppy trying to climb out of the tub, but because it's slippery she keeps falling back down. She lets out yelps as she struggles to jump over the tub again. I can't help, but smile and laugh at her weak attempts. She falls back and lands on her side again, stubborn to get out of the tub.

“Come on.” I call, while taking her out of the bathtub. “I won't have to put you in there again if you don't have another accident. I don't have time to clean up anymore of your mess. I need to buy you food.”

I place her on to the living room floor and go into my room to get out of my pajamas. If I don't hurry now I'll probably be extremely late for class. I grab the remaining cash in my purse and stuff the bills into my pockets then race out the door. This is going to be one long and stressful day.

“Ai-chan!”

I turn around as I walk down the last step to the main entrance of my university. I grip on to my backpack and search for the girl that's called my name before I made a dash to the train station. I was hoping to be home quickly before Risa comes over to clean the mess that might have been caused from the dog while I was away. I better not find a huge mess that looks like a tornado went through my apartment when I get there. I feel my friend's hands cling around my forearm, breaking me from my thoughts.

“Ah, Sayu, good afternoon! Are you heading home too?” I greet.

“I'm coming with you, silly! I received Gaki-san's text today. She told me we're going out together. Have you forgotten?!” Sayu pouts.

I chuckle at the cute expression she instantly puts on that usually gets anyone to side with her in arguments. I have to admit though, she does look cute when she pouts or puts on a sad face even if it's fake. I pat the top of her head to get rid of her false upsetting pout.

“Ah, of course not!” I deny. “I've just had a lot on my mind today. I would be happy to have you with us, Sayu!” I give her a cheerful smile to confirm my exclamation.

Pleased with my answer, Sayu grins and the grip on my forearm tightens. She tugs my arm gently, eager to leave.

“Come on, let's leave together!” I enthusiastically shout. 

Sayu lets out a cheer of joy and allows me to guide her straight towards the train station. I can't wait to see the puppy again. I've been worrying all day about her being alone at home. I hope she's OK.

“Ah, she's so cute~!!” Sayu wails.

Her high pitched shout startles the dog and she runs fast away from Sayu, straight onto my lap. I pick her up and hold her, petting the top of her head to sooth her fears. I can feel her heart racing against my palm and frown towards Sayu who's in a daze at how cute the dog is. I probably shouldn't have brought Sayu here if she's going to give the puppy a heart attack like this.

“Sayu, don't be so loud! You scared her!” I scold.

Sayu's eyes remain transfixed on the dog in my hands, ignoring my yelling. I won't allow Sayu to hold her! Who knows what she'll do to this poor dog. The last thing I want is to see the dog dyed pink if I decide to leave to buy another can of dog food. I look up to Gaki-san, who's still searching through her laptop on my bed. I place the dog down, noticing that she's less frightened. She decides to sit next to me when her four legs are on the floor.

“Ai-chan, where did you find such a cute puppy?! I want to take her home with me!” Sayu exclaims. “Are you going to keep her?”

“Of course she isn't Sayu.” Risa answers, her eyes still focused on the laptop screen. “That dog was never Ai-chan's pet from the beginning. Ai is going to make posters to return the dog back.”

“What?! No way! You should keep her, Ai-chan! Someone gave her up and you found her! That sounds fair to me.” Sayu reasons.

“Sayu, we aren't even sure if this dog was abandoned. It could have just escaped from a backyard for all we know.” Risa clarifies. “Ai-chan and I are making fliers for the dog's owner, it's already been decided!”

I feel the dog brush her paw against my thigh to get my attention. I grab on to the bag of biscuits I've bought her on the way home with Sayu and take out the small bone shaped treat. I feed her the mini biscuit and pet the top of her head when she stands on her back legs to take the offered food. From the corner of my eye, I can see her bushy tail move side to side in contentment. It's always so cute how she moves her bushy tail so enthusiastically when I give her my attention.

“I don't see why Ai-chan should give up the dog she found. I mean look at her! That dog is already in love, Ai-chan, look!” Sayu announces.

I feel both pair of eyes from my friends and stop petting the dog to put my hands to my sides. Risa puts on an annoyed look and Sayu just smiles at her accurate statement. My eyes cast down towards my lap and I exhale.

“Whaaaat~!? She's just a puppy!” I defend. “Puppies need love and affection!”

“Ai, you shouldn't be attached to a dog that isn't even yours.” Risa reminds me. “Have you named her?”

“No, I haven't! I'm just making her feel comfortable while we wait for her owner to show up.” I stutter.

“I'm warning you Ai-chan! If you end up attached to that dog it will hurt you to see her leave you.” Risa grumbles.

“Gaki-san~!! Stop worrying.” I whine.

For once I find her motherly behavior high annoying. Risa goes back to typing on the laptop and the room is silent again. The dog nuzzles my hand, wanting to get me to pet her again. She's always so cute when she does that too. I feel myself faintly smile and give in to shower her with affection once again.

Watching her, I notice that maybe Sayu isn't so far off on what she said about the dog liking me. She sort of acts as if I've been her owner for years. I've only meet her no less than two days ago.

“So...what breed is she?” Sayu curiously questions.

“Ah, I've been searching for that.” Risa responds.

“I thought you were supposed to make posters?” I remind her.

“I've made a few posters already. All I need is a picture of the dog then I'll post it on to the internet. We'll stick posters outside later.” Risa assures. “Anyway, after checking a few sites I've come to a conclusion that this dog is a Shiba Inu. She's probably around eight months old.”

I know now what I should shop for if I run out of dog food. The white colored dog jumps onto my lap and I pick her into my hands. I place her on my lap and she remains still laying there. Now that I think about it...I just might be getting attached to her. And amazingly, this fast?! It's only been two days!

“Ai-chan, place her on to the bed so I can take a picture. I'll use it for the posters.” Risa instructs.

I put her on top of the bed next to Risa and sit at the edge of the bed. She glances at Risa then comes hurry over to me for cover. What is she so scared of? I take her and push her back towards Gaki-san, but again she rushes away.

“Ai, keep her still so I can take the picture with my cell!” Risa complains.

“She won't stop moving!” I snap back. “Come on, she's only going to take your picture. You can trust Gaki-san.”

She cautiously walks over to Risa, stares at her then takes two steps back. Risa takes out her cell phone, flips it open and points it to the dog's direction. There's a click from the cellphone followed by a flash and the dog comes racing back to me. I pick her up again and stroke her back.

“Gaki-san, you think this will work?” I question.

“Of course, someone has to show up sooner or later.” She agrees.

“I still think you should keep her, Ai-chan~!” Sayu demands. “I mean look at her! Isn't she so cute~?!”

“Well...I have to go and print these poster. Tomorrow we'll start to put them outside.” Risa announces.

She closes her laptop then puts in into her carrier bag. Sayu grabs her books then gets up to follow Risa out. I put the dog to the side and go with my friends to the front door.

“We aren't going out to eat anymore?” Sayu questions.

That's right! I've forgotten about our previous plan before we went to help the dog go back to its rightful home. It isn't too late to eat for a few minutes. I think if I do say no Sayu might be very disappointed anyway, because she seems already a little down just asking the question.

“There's still time left to go out together. Why not?” I say. “We can all meet at the restaurant in thirty minutes. I know you two have my cellphone number.”

Sayu's face lights up again to the answer she wanted to hear.

“Yes, of course we do.” Risa recalls. “I suppose I can spend a few hours with you two before I make those posters.”

“Perfect~! So we'll meet in thirty minutes and we can eat.” I confirm. “Don't forget to call me when you're both done.”

“Bye, Ai-chan~!!” Sayu jeers.

She pulls me into a hug and doesn't let go until I hug her back. The two of my friends finally walk out the door, leaving me in peace again. I lock the door and lean against it as I let out a heavy sigh. The serious words given to me from Gaki-san as advice is still fresh in my head. Is it wrong of me to not want the dog's owner to not show up.

If this person claims the dog they are taking the dog away from me. What if it's true that this owner just abandoned her. That is clearly a bad owner and they are not fit enough to watch other pets. Or what if the dog escaped from an abusive owner?! I run a hand through my bangs, self consciously playing with the strands of hair while I begin to wonder.

I should stop myself from thinking too much or I'll scare myself thinking I'm putting this dog into untrustworthy hands once the owner shows up. I push aside my frightening thoughts and center on the plan to of meeting Sayu and Risa in just a few minutes. I shouldn't worry so much and most importantly like Gaki-san has said, I shouldn't grow an attachment towards the dog.

I walk away from the door and go back towards my room to get the dog left behind on my bed. My cellphone rings in the kitchen before I can reach my room and I hurry over to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Ah, Ai-chan I left my cell phone over there!” Sayu quickly replies.

“I'll bring it to you downstairs. Where are you?” I proclaim.

“Gaki-san and I are already on the train. Just give it to me when you see me, OK?”

“Sure! Where is your phone?” I question.

“It's in your room on the nightstand.” Sayu directs.

I walk towards my room to locate the forgotten phone so that I can remember where it is when I go to grab it before leaving.

“Oh, Gaki-san said that you have work early tomorrow at the cafe. She wants to know if you need a ride after class.” Sayu says.

“No I-UWA~!!!!” I scream.

“Eh?! What?! What?! Ai-chan, what happened?!” Sayu shouts.

I stand stiff at the sight I've come across. Someone tell me I'm seeing things! This is all in my head!? Have I gone insane?! What is going on?!

“Ai-chan!?” Sayu yells again.

I just can't bring myself to speak to even lie to Sayu that I'm perfectly fine. I stand up stiff and petrified. My brain has just shut down. As I stare, my mind is running with various thoughts and questions. I only settle down for a second to think one small sentence.

This can't be real...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:32:46 AM by writerjunkie »

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Puppy Love(UPDATE 3/7)
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 08:51:40 AM »
>.<

Nice of you to end off with a cliffie  XD

Nice chapter - more Ai X Puppy interaction  :wub:

I like how level-headed and firm Risa is. Definitely a reflection of her in reality. While of course, Sayu is swept away in anything cute ^___^

I'm thinking if Ai allows things to continue as they are, she's going to have a really hard time letting puppy go! (she needs to give her a name, btw :P).

But yeah, I really do have to assume that puppy has destroyed Ai's room, but I can't be sure...

Way to leave it hanging like that, lol... I really want to find out what's happened!!!!!!!!

Update soon <333

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 01:29:19 PM »
Man Risa's just TOOOOO responsible!

Somehow I'm guessing that the puppy... isn't exactly a puppy?... Maybe she'll transform or something. hah.

Offline Retro Bubble

• Me, Me, Me
  • Member+
  • That One Night
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »
I swear, the interaction between Aichan and the puppy is just too damn adorable. Reminds me of how I used to interact with my aunt's dogs, except I don't yell at them 'cause I'm afraid they'll run after me and eat me. Gosh, Risa's like my mom! I know how Aichan feels at having to let go of the puppy, especially since she's so attached to her. How come motherly people always seem to do that? I know they do it for good reasons, but it's so mean, lol.

And, argh, a CLIFFHANGER?!?!

I reckon the puppy transformed into a human. And if it did, I bet it's Aika. XD

Offline LovelyGaki

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 11:10:26 AM »
I stand stiff at the sight I've come across. Someone tell me I'm seeing things! This is all in my head!? Have I gone insane?! What is going?!

“Ai-chan!?” Sayu yells again.

I just can't bring myself to speak to even lie to Sayu that I'm perfectly fine. I stand up stiff and petrified. My brain has just shut down. As I stare, my mind is running with various thoughts and questions. I only settle down for a second to think one small sentence.

This can't be real...

I just hope it's not what I think it is. If Ai-chan thought the pee was bad...

I reckon the puppy transformed into a human. And if it did, I bet it's Aika. XD
That's what I'm thinking too. Since Aika is into dogs and such.
Wouldn't be surprised if Ai-chan named the Shiba, Mitsui or had similar characteristics as her too.

“Never regret anything coz at one time it was exactly what u wanted……;))”
-Ayumi Hamasaki
The WrecKreated Co.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 11:53:15 AM »
Oh? A new fic by Junkie. I have to keep an eye, or rather, both eyes out for this one :)
I'm not sure how the puppy will come into play yet so I'm gonna have to wait for you to reveal it ;)

Ai and the doggy is really cute together :wub:

Offline Haruka

• ^Every time I see you, my heart hurts^
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ Miki Queen ~
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 02:58:57 AM »
I bet it's Risa giving an Astral Form in some kind of Puppy xDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'm sorry I have no idea of what i'm talking about xD I just know... TAKAGAKI 4EveR xD

God!! She knows she's HOT!

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 11:13:07 PM »
CHAPTER 3

“Ai-chan what's happening?!” I hear Sayu's voice scream through my cellphone.

I blink a few times realizing I've been silent for too long. Quick! Think of something! Let me just relax my nerves for a second. I take a few deep breaths and gather in as much courage I have in me to blurt out a few words.

“Sayu, everything is, OK!” I lie. “It was j-just the dog! She made a huge mess while I was gone. I don't think I'll be able to come out with you and Gaki-san today!”

“What?! What do you mean?!” Sayu questions.

“I have to go! Bye!” I shout frantically to quickly end our conversation.

I hang up my cellphone then shut it off so that I won't hear my phone ring for the rest of the night, even though I know that I'll have too many messages to count when I turn it on again tomorrow. I slowly place my cellphone down onto my drawer and stand still, in complete shock at the....thing on my bed! I take a few steps closer to it. I am not seeing this. This is all a dream!

Yes, a weird, freaky, insane dream! If I just close my eyes, maybe...everything will go away and I'll know I have my sanity still intact. I am not seeing some naked girl in my bed right now! With a sharp intake of breath I close my eyes tightly, not moving a single muscle or daring to breathe. Slowly I open my eyes, but she's still there!

My eyes open wide in shock. How did she get here?! Wasn't the dog there just a few minutes ago?! Where is she now?

“W-who are you?!” I demand.

The person sitting naked on my bed looks at me and smiles. My hands curl into tight fists as I continue to stare, annoyed that my question has gone unanswered. This girl just continues to smile as if she's seen me for years. I don't even know who she is or why she's naked on  my bed in the first place!

“What did you do to my dog?!” I speak again.

“Ai-chan~!!!” she cheers.

She jumps off the bed and races towards me with that happy smile still on her face. Her body crashes into mine with such a force that I'm knocked clean off my feet and fall backwards to the ground.

“AHHH~!!!” I cry.

My back hits the floor, bringing sharp needles of pain all over my backside. If that wasn't enough, I get the wind knocked out of me when she lands right one top of me. The pain in my body intensifies from her heavy weight. This is not my day, is it? I feel her arms wrap around my neck then our bodies press together.

I'm taken away by her brave and shameless move. She continues to hold on to me and brush her nose against my neck. Who is this person?! She notices that I'm not hugging her back and lets me go. She puts on a pout then begins to tear.

“Is Ai-chan upset?” she questions in a cutesy voice.

She puts her arms down and looks toward the ground in shame. Whoever this person is I'm going to make a guess she isn't a robber or a murder otherwise I would have been attacked the second I came into my room. Her head remains low and she sniffles a few times. Staring at her at a loss for words, my eyes being to travel, and that's when the fact of her being naked comes to me again.

“AH!” I push her back and scurry away.

She sits on the floor even more hurt to my sudden action. She pouts and wipes a tear away from her eyes.

“Ai-chan, doesn't like me anymore?” she cries. “Has Ai-chan forgotten me?”

Seeing her start to cry for some reason makes me feel sad and guilty from pushing her. I sit up straight and slide over to her cautiously. I put my hand to hears to get her attention. She looks at me, tears gathering at the brim of her eyes. I give her a soft smile.

“What's your name?” I politely ask.

“Eri! My name is Eri.” she introduces.

I stand and stare, taking in her appearance and trying not to think about her not having no clothes on. It's a lot harder than it seems to just look at her and not her naked body. Wait...on top of her head...floppy...dog ears?! She has a thick red collar around her neck with a missing dog tag. That's when I see the big bushy curled tail wagging rapidly behind her just like the...

“You're the dog I found?!” I yell.

“Ai-chan remembers~!!” Eri bellows with glee.

She hugs me again, unaware of her lack of clothing. I automatically turn stiff and motionless again when she hugs me the second time. I just can't wrap my mind around this. Is she even aware that she's naked?! I squirm in her arms and take a step back. She looks at me then pouts at my cruel action.

“Is Ai-chan mad at me?” she whispers.

How is this happening?! This isn't the dog I found only two days ago! That isn't possible! S-s-she's human! Or...half human at least, but nonetheless human! I pick up my hand that's gone limp at my side and slowly reach out towards Eri's dark brown locks. My finger slips through a strand and I close my fingers around that lock of hair. This feels real. I cringe, feeling a sudden throb of pain on my back from my previous fall. The pain is real too. I stare back into dark yet lively eyes. I know those eyes anywhere. I gulp and pull my hand back, placing my now-closed hand against my chest.

“You are the dog I found in the alleyway.” I whisper, my eyes staring down to the floorboards, in a daze.

“Ah~I'm happy! Ai-chan remembers Eri~!!” Eri smiles and claps her hands together in joy.

She rushes over to put me into another aching hug. Ah, god, not again! I don't think I can take being body slammed to the floor again!

“STOP!!” I shout.

She remains still, tilting her head to the side as curiosity comes to her face. I can't help but let out a small chuckle and smile. She's definitely the dog I found. I go back to a serious expression remembering why I've stopped her in the first place.

“You can't go around tackling me to the ground and you most definitely can't do that while you're naked!” I proclaim.

Her cluelessly innocent filled eyes shift down to her own body then back up to me still lost at my cause for yelling. I quickly stand to my feet and rush to my drawer. I can feel her eyes still on me as I go about gathering any clothing that's needed.

“You need to put on clothes!” I mumble. “You can't walk around naked!”

“Clothes?” She repeats.

I turn back around and place the clothing in front of her, but she doesn't seem to get the message and continues to look back at me for my reason for presenting her these clothes. I sigh and scratch  my head annoyed once again. Why does she have to look at me like what I've done makes no sense!?

“Ai-chan?” She questions.

“Haven't you ever worn clothes before?!” I shout. She shakes her head. “Eh?!”

“This is the first time I've ever transformed.” She says.

“First time? Wait...does that mean you can transform again?” I clarify.

“Un!” She nods.

“Good! Then transform into a dog again!” I quickly demand.

She starts to sniffle and become teary eyed again to my urgent order.

“Does Ai-chan not like Eri in this form?” She whispers. “I-I thought Ai-chan would like this form better. I want to fit in.”

I always make her cry! I rush over to subside her threatening sobs and tears. I get down to the floor and grab the clothing in front of her into my hands again.

“Ah, don't cry Eri-chan!” I beg. “I like you in this form as well. You can stay in this form as long as you like!”

She rubs her eyes with the backs of her hands then peeks through the cracks of her fingers. I put on another sincere smile and that does the job to stop her from bursting into tears.

“Ai-chan means it?” She hiccups.

I stroke the back of her head and nod. “Yes.” I hold out the clothing I have in front of her. “Come on, let me put some clothes on for you.”

“Okay~!” She smiles.

She's defenseless in this world as a human. How can I even leave tomorrow for my shift if she can't even put clothing on for herself. The last thing I need is to come home to an apartment that's been blown up or set on fire. I've worked too hard to keep this apartment on my own. Should I bring her with me instead?

I look at her as I pull the last article of clothing, a yellow T-shirt, over her head and notice her carefree smile. She's so innocent and dependent. I should probably bring her to work, but if I do that who knows what she would do. I'll worry in the morning on where she should go. I pat the top of her head when I'm done dressing her and grab her wrist.

“Let's go Eri, it's time for bed.” I announce.

“Will Eri sleep with Ai-chan tonight again?” Eri replies.

“Yes, but only until I figure out what to do with you now that you're human.” I stare at her moving ears. “Or...sort of human.”

Eri smiles to my answer and willingly gets up from the floor and pulled towards my bed. I yank back the sheets and get into bed, while Eri takes the left side. I click off the light to the nightstand then lay back with the blankets against my chest. I let out a deep sigh of relief as my back sinks into the soft padding of my bed.

“Goodnight, Eri.” I whisper.

I close my eyes feeling sleep beginning to take me away again, until I feel a pair of arm tie around my midsection. I open my eyes just as I feel the left side of my bed move and I feel warm breath lightly brush against my cheek.

“Goodnight...Ai-chan...” She mumbles, just before drifting to sleep.

I don't have the heart to wake her either even if she's too close and the feeling of her breath against me bothers me only a little. I close my eyes again, finding myself fall asleep much quicker with her arms comfortably around my waist. The warmth her body gives off is soothing. I put a hand onto Eri's forearm and fall into a peaceful sleep with a content smile in place.

What the hell is that sound? I close my eyes annoyed and pull the blanket up to my head. Is that...barking? I roll into my thick sheet and try to block the sound from my ears, but the noise continues and my clouded mind is starting to become clear. I frown and push the blanket off my face to see the source of the barking.

“Eri!” I shout. “You can't go barking at my alarm clock and most importantly you can no longer bark while you're in human form!”

Eri turns around, her curled tail wagging again.

“Ai-chan!” She cheers, before jumping at me.

“No not again~!!” I'm tackled down to the bed and pinned from Eri's body onto me. She locks me into another firm hug. “What did I tell you about the pouncing?!”

Eri rubs her cheek against mine and continues to wag her tail. Well, getting slammed onto a bed is a lot better than the ground.

“Ai-chan, let's go outside and play~!!” Eri begs.

I push a piece of dark hair from my nose and try to move her away for some distance. She won't budge and still holds on to me.

“I can't Eri. I have to get ready for class.” I mumble through her hair that's fallen onto my mouth. “Can you get off me?! You're making me eat your hair!”

She lets me go and sits at my feet, looking at me with a joyful expression. I sit up and rake my fingers through my hair to try and get rid of my bedhead. Since I have someone here now I have to at least try to show that I'm dependable, especially since Eri can't seem to understand human customs. I pat down the back of my head and see that Eri is still looking at me. It's a little weird with her watching my every move like that. It's embarrassing.

Eri tilts her head and grins then lets out a small giggle.

“Hehe...Ai-chan is so cute in the morning~!!” she states.

I feel my whole face fill with embarrassment. That makes Eri giggle even more. I turn away and cover my cheeks with my hands. Will she stop looking?! It's making it worse!

A loud rumbling breaks Eri's attention towards me and I'm relieved. She rests a hand on her stomach and gives me a curious expression. I laugh at her reaction to the grumbling in her stomach. She's cute when she's confused.

“You're hungry Eri,” I tell her.

“Do humans always make this noise?” She questions.

“Only if they're really hungry.” I reply. I put my feet over the bed to touch the ground. “Come on, let's go make breakfast.”

“Okay!” She enthusiastically shouts.

There has to be food around here somewhere. I go through a cupboard and see at the very top a packages of instant noodles. Why did I even put that thing so high!? I'm much too short to reach it. I extend my arm to the container and slowly stand at the tips of my toes.

Damn, still no luck. I really have to stop putting things up higher than my height! Eri shuffles over to me and just watches me struggling to reach the top. Her head goes from the cabinet to me.

“Ai-chan, is so small!” Eri notes.

I stand back down to my feet and glare. “I am not!” I deny.

Eri has on a huge smile then pats the top of my head. “It's OK. Eri likes Ai-chan small. It makes Ai-chan cuter.” She confirms.

I can feel my face turn hot again and turn away. I sigh and cover my face yet again. She has to really stop making me blush! It's too early for this. I hear shuffling behind me then scraping against the floor.

I turn around and see a chair next to the counter with Eri's hand resting on the top of it. She motions for me to climb on. I stare at her. Is she trying to make fun of my size? Her stomach gurgles again, reminding me why I'm about to step onto a chair in the first place.

I take a hold of the chair with my right hand and use my right foot to push me up then bring my other foot onto the seat. I take the noodles then get back down.

“There's only one left, but you can have it Eri.” I say.

“What about Ai-chan? Isn't Ai-chan hungry too?” Eri ask. “Eri can share.”

“It's fine Eri. I will buy something on the way to class. Please, eat and enjoy the food.” I insist.

She's unsure, but I give her a stern nod and that seems to make up her mind. I fill a pot with water and wait for it to boil. I'm really nervous about leaving Eri at home alone. I hope she won't get scared or get into trouble. Can she even stay alone with me gone for just a few hours?

From the side of me, I can see Eri standing next to me, her eyes focused on the pot of water with her hands resting on the counter and her tail wagging, while she waits. She seems harmless to be left alone. Eri notices me looking at her and smiles at me. I face back to the pot only slightly embarrassed this time that she caught me looking at her. She really has to stop making my blushing become a habit.

“All done?” I announce.

“Mhm.” Eri responds.

“I promise to make real food next time rather than instant food, OK?” I promise.

I take the container from the table and throw it away as Eri sits back in the chair content at her satisfied hunger.

“Eri, I have to leave now.” I start. “But I'll only be gone for a few hours. I'll come back.”

“Huh? Where is Ai-chan going?” Eri gently ask.

“I have to get to class now. You will be OK by yourself for a little, right?”

“Ai-chan can't leave!” Eri demands. “W-what if Ai-chan never comes back!? Eri can't be on her own. Ai-chan is needed here.”

“It won't be long. I promise Eri. I'll come back in one piece.” I vow.

Eri doesn't seem to believe my statement and eyes me warily. How can I assure her? I scratch the top of my head. I just don't want her to cry because I might not be able to stay strong about my choice if she cries. I hate seeing Eri sad.

“Eri, when I come back I'll take you somewhere later.” I say.

Eri sits up straight and her tail sways again quickly.
“Ai-chan will?!” She squeaks. “Where?!”

“You will see. For now, I want you to remain good and wait until I get back, OK?” I ask.

“Uh-huh! Eri can do that!” Eri agrees.

I walk over to the living room and on instincts Eri gets off her chair and follows. I have to start teaching her to be more human as soon as I get the time to. I turn towards the TV, searching for the on switch.

“Sit down, Eri.” I order. “You'll like this. It will help you from being bored.”

I push the button and the TV makes a buzz sound then slowly light emits from the black screen. I don't think talk shows will suit her so I run through a few channels until I find an interesting anime. This ought to keep her occupied until I return. I only pray nothing will be broken when I come back. I spin around and feel my face shift into confusion.

“Eri, sit on the couch not the floor! You're a human now. You have to sit like one.” I correct.

Eri scatters to the couch, but she still sits with her legs open and her hands between her legs, her knuckles pressing into the couch cushion. I slap a hand to my forehead and shake my  head while sighing. It's going to be hard teaching her the proper way to be a girl. She looks at me unsure then scratches the back of her ear with her foot. OK, now it's impossible. Eri then scratches her nose.

“Hey! Don't put your finger in your nose!” I scold.

She instantly puts her hand down at my raised voice and starts to whimper with tears in her eyes. No, not the crying again. Her bottom lip sticks out and it starts to quiver. I really don't want to see her tears again.

“Ah...Eri it's just...as a human girl there are certain things that are expected of you. If you are going to be a human you have to act like one.” I explain. “And one of the things girls do not do is sit like that with their legs spread open! Please, put your legs down and keep your legs closed.”

She quietly obeys, but she still looks a little teary-eyed. She rubs one eye to stop herself from sobbing.

“It's OK Eri I will teach you, but first I have to go.” I say. “For now just watch TV.”

Eri notices the flickering box and automatically her eyes are stuck on the flashing screen in amazement. Has she never seen a TV before? Seeing that she's distracted, I grab my things on the way out. I make sure to pick up Sayu's cell phone on the way to return it back to her when I see her today. Then I'm quickly out the door.

I think Eri do fine as long as she stays on the couch watching TV all day. What can a few hours of TV do to her anyway?

Returning Sayu's cellphone today was awkward. She kept asking me if I was OK. She wanted to know what happened yesterday and well I avoided that as much as I could. I know that she won't believe me. I don't need someone telling me how crazy I am when I think I am.

I still can't believe the dog I found turned into a human! So if I couldn't even believe it and it happened in front of my very eyes, who else could believe it? I just avoided Sayu at all cost. I know she'll tell this to Gaki-san and I'll have to deal with her next. She'll be a lot worse than Sayu though. I really don't have time to convince Gaki-san I'm fine or stay away from her for a week or two.

I have other things to worry about, like Eri and the mess I'll see when I enter my home right now. I didn't, however, expect to come home with the TV still on and Eri no longer in the couch watching. Now a thousand scary thoughts come across my mind and it makes me afraid to search my apartment not knowing what I will find. What if Eri is hurt?! Or if she's dead!

I feel my heart race in my chest at the last thought and suck up courage to search properly through my house. She has to be around here somewhere.

“Eri?” I call.

Entering the living room, my eyes settle on to the windows to inspect for any damage. Neither of the two windows are open or broken. I exhale relieved to that fact. It has to mean that Eri is around here somewhere.

I quickly zip through the living room, search through the bathroom, a few closets, until finally I've reached my bedroom. I have gone through my examination without any bad news and now that I'm here at my room I fear I might come across something really bad. Biting my bottom lip, I lift my hand, which was resting limply at my side and push open the room door.

“HUH?! HEY! Eri let go of my DS!” I shout.

Eri jolts at my voice and the DS goes flying into the air. I rush over to save it, afraid the screen will crack of it drops. I stretch out my hands and dive in to save the electronic device that's brought me enjoyment most of my time at home. I hit the ground and cringe, feeling hot pain throb through my funny bone and elbow. My DS falls perfectly into my hands and my fingers automatically cling around it.

I see Eri at the edge of the bed surprised at my choice of action.

“Is Ai-chan OK?” She ask.

I quickly stand and look to see what game she's been playing while I was gone. I nearly have a heart attack when I notice she has been playing my Final Fantasy game!

“You weren't supposed to play my DS, Eri!” I scold. “I had a game saved on here! Please tell me you didn't save what you did?!”

I search through the game, checking the amount of items I've stored for my party, and even going over the gil I had. Scanning through the inventory, I'm surprised at what I see. I exit the inventory menu and explore the station I'm around. I don't remember being here. In fact, during my inventory search there are some items I don't even remember having and they're all stocked at ninety-nine.

“You beat the boss I was stuck on?!” I croak. “How did you do that?! I've been stuck on him for weeks!”

Eri looks at me with her head tilted again and I save the game before shutting off my DS. She doesn't even know what she's done, but she still managed to beat a powerful boss?! That's some beginner's luck. I put my DS inside the drawer beside my bed and pat the top of Eri's head. Her tail instantly starts to move again to my kind gesture.

“Ai-chan is no longer angry at Eri?” She questions.

“No, I'm not.” I reply. How can I be angry with her if she's helped me beat a powerful boss and even given me good items? Eri smiles again, pleased with my answer.

“Does this mean Ai-chan will take Eri out now?” Eri eager ask.

She sits down on the bed and scratches her ear again with her foot then scratches underneath her chin. On second thought...maybe taking her out around plenty of people is a bad idea. She has a lot of training she needs to go through first before being around other humans.

“Um...well, I changed my mind.” I start. “I've decided to teach you how you should act as a human. We can go outside another time. Is that OK, Eri?”

“Eri understands.” Eri agrees. “Eri wants to learn.”

I smile at the cute determined expression she made at her declaration and pat the top of her head again. She smiles and her tail wags again. I stroke her hair and that makes her tail move faster. She always looks so cute when she smiles like that. I can see her teeth and from staring at her now I've noticed she has a crooked tooth that stands out.

A small fang. That only makes her cuter. She opens her eyes and looks at me and that makes me feel instantly shy again. I've never seen her look at me this intensely. I can feel my skin start to turn warm just from her gaze. My cell phone goes off interrupting my strange moment.

I withdraw my hand rapidly to pick up my cell from the drawer. From taking a look at the screen, my entire body turns cold. It's Risa and I know she's calling me to see if I will come to work today. I forgot about work! What am I going to do?

I can't leave Eri here again. I'll be gone for too long today. My shift today is over eight hours long. I did promise Eri I would teach her human customs. I get the feeling if I let her down she'll be upset and I don't want that either.

I should probably answer the phone though. Gaki-san won't stop calling until I pick up.

“Hello?” I whisper.

“Ah, Ai-chan! You have your phone on today.” She notices.

“Uh...yeah. I'm sorry about yesterday. I had quite a mess to clean because of the dog.” I lie.

“I understand. I told you puppies are a big responsibility Ai-chan. You won't have to worry about that anymore once we find her owner though.” Risa explains. “I have to put a few more fliers later. Would you like to come and help me?”

“Uh...I can't right now. I um...I'm not feeling very well.” I stutter. “I feel sick.”

“Eh?! Does this mean you aren't coming to work either?!” Gaki-san questions. “Do you need to see a doctor? I can drive you, Ai-chan.”

“Gaki-san, honestly I'm fine. I think I just ate some bad sushi today. I just have stomach aches. I'm sure I can wait it out.” Please, someone make her believe me! There's a pause of silence on her end and it makes me worry that she's seen through my lie. I don't lie normally to anyone and since it's Gaki-san she knows me a lot better than anyone else at the cafe.

“I'll be sure to tell Yoshizawa-san you aren't feeling that well today.” She speaks. I'm relieved to know she's bought my lie. “Be sure to get plenty of rest Ai-chan. Call me if you need anything. I have no problem driving you to a doctor.”

“Thank you Gaki-san~!” I smile.

“Take care of yourself Ai-chan.” Risa says.

“Gaki-san really I'm fine.” I assure.

Then we both hang up. I stand there with the cell still clutched in my hand as I take in what I've just done. I can't believe myself. I just lied to Gaki-san and ditched work! And for what?

Just to stay home for Eri out of fear she might destroy my house and try to teach her how to act more human like. How am I going to explain this to Risa? Or to anyway? I feel a hand gently wrap around my wrist, breaking me of my daze. I look to the gentle hand around my wrist and then into soft brown colored eyes.

“Ai-chan?”

“It's nothing Eri.” I shake off. “It looks like I'm free today. I have a lot to teach you so let's get started.”

“Okay~!!” Eri agrees.

Eri gets up off the bed and runs out of the room while I stand here thinking over my choice and Gaki-san's words. Eri was never mine to begin with. She must have a family somewhere and the more she stays here the more worried her family is. Eri isn't so worried about that though. Does she even want to go back home?

She perfectly happy here. She enjoys my company. If she likes it here then why should she go back to where ever she came from? A surge of nausea rips through my stomach at the thought of returning her back to her home. I put a hand over my stomach to stop the sickening feeling.

Gaki-san told me to not get attached to her and without realizing it I went against Gaki-san's orders. What am I going to do when it comes time to give her up?

“Ai-chan~!” Eri calls.

I push back my feelings and thoughts when I hear Eri's voice calling me. I close my hand and build up my strength to move again. What Gaki-san doesn't know won't hurt her, right?

“I'll be right there, Eri!” I announce.

I hurry out the room to meet Eri who's eager to learn how to adjust. It's too late to do anything now. What comes I'll have to face when it gets here. The regrets will come another time.

Offline Haruka

• ^Every time I see you, my heart hurts^
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ Miki Queen ~
Re: Puppy Love(UPDATE 3/17)
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 02:18:53 AM »
ASldnaksbdkasd

OMG!! Naked ERI  :drool: >.<!!!!!

So I guess this is not a TakaGaki T_T but it's still great XD well everything it's great
if you have a naked ERI XD DAMN with puppy ears and a tail.... this makes me remember...

mmmm INUKAMI!!!!!... HELLZ YEAH! xD

I want an Eri to >o<!!!!!!  :wub:

God!! She knows she's HOT!

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 06:41:57 AM »
Whoaaa... this is getting more and more interesting!!!  XD

My guess was pretty off - the others got it though. Just proves how boring my mind is  :nervous

Eri puppy!!!! This chapter was uber fluffy cute, I loved it!  :love:
Eri's the most lovable thing here, I couldn't help but grin at everything she said and did... so cute. I like how she keeps thinking Ai-chan is mad at her  :oops:

I was also half expecting for Eri to give Ai one nice face lick (Kimi wa Petto style)  :twisted:

It's a lot harder than it seems to just look at her and not her naked body

Naked Eri  :w00t: You know, in light of her new PB and everything, I felt excited reading about Ai's confrontation with a naked Eri. Lol.

“Ai-chan, is so small!” Eri notes.

I stand back down to my feet and glare. “I am not!” I deny.

Eri has on a huge smile then pats the top of my head. “It's OK. Eri likes Ai-chan small. It makes Ai-chan cuter.” She confirms.

KAWAIII!!  :wub:
I dunno if the patting of Ai's head was a good move on Eri's part. She's the dog, not Ai  :lol:

Eri scatters to the couch, but she still sits with her legs open and her hands between her legs, her knuckles pressing into the couch cushion.

GAHHHH!!!
We need a picture like now...  :heart: :heart: :heart:

She quietly obeys, but she still looks a little teary-eyed. She rubs one eye to stop herself from sobbing.

This puppy is one crybaby...  :lol:
I want to hug Eri so badly everytime you mention how teary-eyed she is or how her lip quivers... oh my gah, so adorable  :panic:

I search through the game, checking the amount of items I've stored for my party, and even going over the gil I had. Scanning through the inventory, I'm surprised at what I see. I exit the inventory menu and explore the station I'm around. I don't remember being here. In fact, during my inventory search there are some items I don't even remember having and they're all stocked at ninety-nine.

“You beat the boss I was stuck on?!” I croak. “How did you do that?! I've been stuck on him for weeks!”

:rofl:
This was very unexpected... Eri's some super dog if she can beat out hard bosses with a first try. Awesome!!!!  :shocked:

That only makes her cuter. She opens her eyes and looks at me and that makes me feel instantly shy again. I've never seen her look at me this intensely. I can feel my skin start to turn warm just from her gaze.

Ai-chan's so crushing on her puppy, hahaaa... she's blushing left, right and centre. Maybe she can't quite keep her mind from wandering back to naked Eri. And how droolicious that first encounter with Eri's human form must've been.  :drool:

Some things I'm curious about:
- Why hasn't Ai asked Eri if she's some kind of alien?  :lol: When Eri was talking about transforming to her human form and all, I would've put the girl on the spot right there and then.
- Does Eri actually belong to anybody? T__T
- I'd love to see how Sayu is going to take all this... especially when she sees Eri for the first time (and falls in love with her cuteness xD).

This was a great chapter... cuteness in its extremity. I wanted more.

I can't wait to go on some more AiEri adventures... there's so much room for laughs here, as Ai *patiently* tries to equip Eri with the tools to become a civil human being (though puppy Eri would probably be 1000x more cute than human Eri... continue to pounce Ai-chan, onegai!  :heart:).

And of course I'm also looking ahead and feeling a bit of dread and heartache when the time comes for these two to part. It seems inevitable that they will. Pet stories are always like that  :cry:

Anyways, that was a lot of fun. Please update soon!!! I'll be waiting here with my tail wagging.  :heart:

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 02:37:41 PM »
^ I'm glad you've enjoyed this chapter. The few things you've asked and mentioned might be answered on in later chapters. It will take some time though. For now, I think everyone will like to see some fluff AiEri with some funny stuff in store.  :D

@Haru- I want a Eri puppy too! ^_^ Hehe and naked Eri is  :drool: lol

Offline aussie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 12:25:17 AM »
So I was right in thinking that the 'puppy' will turn out to be one of the two remaining rokkies in human form :D
I guess Eri suits the role of a 'puppy-human' better than Reina, as I don't think Reina would have made the shock easier for Aichan to swallow  :lol: Plus, Eri just seems more puppy-like than Reina would. Speaking of the kitty cat, will we be seeing her make an appearance in this story? *hint hint*  :P

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 07:09:28 AM »
Omg naked Eri! XD I think everyone had the same thought when we read this chapter :P hmmm seems like Eri pup loves her owner and judging by this state of affairs, Ai will like her back too. Awww Gaki :P Still a AiEri pairing is cute too :)

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lostage - SF