JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Shin Osaka

Author Topic: [Movie] Studio Ghibli's 'Karigurashi no Arrietty' (2010)  (Read 6004 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[Movie] Studio Ghibli's 'Karigurashi no Arrietty' (2010)
« on: April 05, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »

The Borrower Arrietty (借りぐらしのアリエッティ,  Karigurashi no Arrietty?)  is a 2010 Japanese anime film to be produced by Japanese animation house Studio Ghibli, based on the fantasy novel The Borrowers by Mary Norton. The upcoming film is slated for a July 17, 2010 release in Japan and will mark the directorial debut of Studio Ghibli animator Hiromasa Yonebayashi, who will be the youngest person to direct a film for Ghibli. Ghibli founder Hayao Miyazaki will be supervising the production as a developing planner. The story will take place in 2010 in Koganei, western Tokyo and like the novel will revolve around a group of creatures that live under the floorboards, and where a friendship is created between a human and the borrower Arrietty.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [Movie] Studio Ghibli's 'Karigurashi no Arrietty' (2010)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 06:32:35 PM »
Ghibli's "Arrietty" sets record in theaters

Wed, October 13, 2010 (12:32pm EDT)

The official blog for Studio Ghibli's latest film, "Karigurashi no Arrietty," announced on Tuesday that the movie has now been seen more than 7.5 million times in theaters since its release in July. This has been established as the record for a debut work by a director in Japan. "Karigurashi no Arrietty" was directed by Hiromasa Yonebayashi, who has been involved with previous Studio Ghibli works as animation director and key animator. Hayao Miyazaki wrote the script, which was adapted from "The Borrowers" by English writer Mary Norton. With 7.5 million box office tickets so far, "Arrietty" should be close to or above 10 billion yen in total gross.
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-6799

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 10:45:16 PM »
Wow, I hope this will come fast with a good fansub. Must watch this.
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 06:46:01 AM »
I caught this movie last night.

I thought it was okay. I almost felt unsatisfied with the movie. I definitely prefer other Ghibli films over this.

One thing that I absolutely  loved was the music.

"Under the beautiful blue sky"

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Shin Osaka