JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Hey Girl

Author Topic: Marvel vs Capcom 3  (Read 13704 times)

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2010, 07:33:45 PM »
sorry felicia, looks like you're kicked out of the team!!!

chris + chun + wesk = FTFW!!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2010, 05:01:03 AM »
announced at NY Comic-con
LOL at what Arthur says to Doctor Doom at the end. XD

And some needed Marvel bad guys to balance the bunch :D

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 05:09:51 AM by winner »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2011, 05:51:12 AM »
(Bump)

Glad I played online early. Got the 5-win trophy before all the crazy guys came out after midnight. :panic:

I found the laser (fireball) moves rather unpleasant. Not for normal games, but some ppl just keep spamming it for the whole match. So am I supposed to join in the quickdraw game, cos it's basically a no-brainer sure win. I know it's built in the game. but arghhhh~~ :angry:

On the other hand, normal games were really fun. Had a lot of matches with one side winning with nearly 0 health. Finding out who wins in a Hyper vs Hyper is always fun. :lol:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2011, 06:45:35 AM »
This is the most unfun game I've ever bought, lol.

I got it on Wednesday and I've not had any fun yet, it's just.. ugh... there's so many annoying ways to lose, and that's all I've done since I got it, I honestly wish I never bought it and I'm strongly considering selling it on ebay to get most of my money back.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 02:58:52 AM »
bought it yesterday.

I wanna return it tomorrow... dang. BB will give me $45 for it. Can i get more $$$ somewhere else?

its good, but... i can't get into it.

i prefer sf4.
word.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2011, 07:27:46 PM »

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2011, 12:19:09 PM »
I SOLD IT

Sooo happy :D
I even got most of my money back this late on~~ so I only paid about... £3 to be very annoyed for weeks, AWESOME.

I sold the comic along with it, pretty good~
If it was actually a real Marvel comic instead of some silly book I would of kept it, but, haha.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2011, 12:43:09 PM »
If pika didn't have the patience for it then I think it would be a hard sell for me too. But I do enjoy watching matches.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2011, 04:38:44 PM »
Well I've never been any good at combos or playing cheaply, so it was probably not the kind of game that would of suited me anyways.

I mean it's really easy to do the combos, but I still couldn't, I mean in missions or practice I could, in matches, not really, I never got the chance to do so.
I couldn't really play the characters I wanted to play as (no matter what anyone says, they were too weak to compete with boring sentinel or wolverine) I gave it chance after chance, got abused endlessly online, lost to people, who really, weren't even trying very hard at all, but won anyways because of their characters, and because this game rewards cheap players.

I haven't played Blazblue or Guilty Gear X, I haven't played Tekken very much, but I can imagine the players of those games would find the combos ridiculously easy to do in this game, and I'm pretty sure I've ran into such people, because their tactics were so, so, bad, yet, they land one crouching light attack and my character is dead.

The online matching is TERRIBLE, you end up fighting some of the strongest players in the game when you're starting out, and I didn't advance in rank at all, I got to 9th Judge rank and delevelled to Fighter over and over again.

The final straw was me doing pretty well against this guy with my Captain America after spending a good week practicing all the combos and trying to learn how to do everything better. I only played as cap because the characters I liked were too weak and always lost, so I was doing pretty good, then this guy yells NOOOB over the mic, even though he was like 4 ranks higher than me, starts talking like an idiot saying FAGGG after everything he does, then he starts beating the crap out of me saying fag like 100 more times, using the cheapest tactics ever.

Since the matching system is so great, I get to fight him again straight afterwards, and what does he do? fucking Sentinel beam spam & Doom assist. I'm so tired of super jumping just to have to block Doom's missles and come back down again that I just give up and turtle in the corner while this guys laughs his head off pressing his one button saying FAG or YOU DON'T LIKE IT WHEN I DO THIS, DO YOU!? HAHAHAH

Like seriously? I have to take this? what did I even do to this guy? nothing.
But this guy is a grade A moron and can do all this fancy crap without trying while I'm struggling and can't do any of it particularly well.

I have zero motivation to improve or keep playing, I mean I DID try, I DID give it another chance, multiple times, I DID practice, just to get walked all over and insulted by idiots doing the bare minimum or copying stuff from youtube videos.
And it's not like I barely played it, I had like 600+ matches or something like that, and there was no improvement at all.

I'm glad I sold it, what a fucking waste of time.

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
Marvel vs Capcom 3
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2011, 07:18:11 PM »
Amen Pika. You have stated everything wrong with the online gameplay. I have given up trying
to fight others since they all seem to use all the lame tactics you described. It's rare to find a player who wants to actually fight.

As a Tekken player I found the combos insanely easy to pull off. Of course that doesn't matter when you can switch to the simple control scheme & mash away instead.

I found this game to be fun when you're in offline mode mostly. If the fucked up matching system were fixed it would be a lot better.

Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 07:33:52 AM »
That's why I only play it with friends on a couch. To check out and enjoy the crazy characters.
The game is totally broken for online play with one-button fast-fireballs... :smhid

Even when playing other fighting games. When I find the other player unable to fight against a tactic I'm using (say fireball, fireball, uppercut repeat), I'll switch to another one straight away for them to get back into the game. Cos it's just plain boring otherwise.
I think there's at least some skill needed to exploit broken things in games, like shotguns in FPS games. But for fighting games, which is already one of the most simplest gametypes, doing the same thing over and over and over again is just plain assholeness.

@pika. I think I played the same guy. Kinda made me miss the SF4 players that say (after I get a win):
"That was my cousin playing. She's 5 years old."
At least they have style. :lol:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 05:13:20 PM »

Wow sorry to hear you guys all have such bad experiences with the online mode, but hearing all this I feel glad I didn't give in and buy the game.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2011, 04:21:10 AM »
At least you gave it a try Pika! I hardly play ranked online because of stories like yours that I hear about. I usually just play Player Matches but I was surprised to encounter someone who played exactly like the guy you played. Just playing keepaway and using that damn sentinel beam or doom, but after I beat him a couple times I left because I was tired (or rather annoyed) of his play style lol. At least now Sentinel's HP got nerfed so less people are probably going to pick him up. But yea before that, seems like people use the same tactics with Sentinel and it does get boring after fighting him over and over again ._.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2011, 06:51:08 AM »
Well you know I'd be happy enough sitting in a lobby doing player matches, I do that a lot in SSF4, win or lose but MvC3 has those stupid cards fighting in lobbies and you can't spectate which is pretty sucky, so I got bored of those and just wanted to play, haha.

In the future I may pick up another (much, much cheaper) copy if it's improved a lot by then, or just to get the rest of the achievments or something.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
Re: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2011, 07:25:50 PM »
IT'S BACK.

As Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3!

Ghost Rider, Red Arramer, Hawkeye, STRIDER HIRYU

some gameplay videos:

Oh and it seems you can X-Factor in the air now! (wait.. that seems bad... xD)

Reportedly online modes are fixed now and (spectator? maybe?) more interesting to play.

and there is a total of 12 new characters, including the 4 new ones shown today

and you can get this costume pack for pre-ordering:

Myself? I don't think I'll get it until there is maybe a MUST HAVE character, for me :)
Strider is cool and I like Red Arramer, but you can see my complaints earlier in the thread xD
Someone like Jin would probably sell it for me though, unless they make him terrible, lol.

edit: are these the final characters?!

http://kotaku.com/5823117/are-these-the-remaining-eight-new-fighters-in-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/gallery/

PHOENIX WRIGHT!?

well, as much of a huge fan of the series I am, I don't think he fights in a fighting game, Phoenix is pretty much a wuss lol
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:46:53 PM by pikapikapika »

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2011, 04:23:49 AM »
!!!

I thought i was done with MVC3 (2 weeks after it came out)... but then they bring back my main STRIDER!!
Ouroboros is a level 3 super =\ and it pushes back so far...

man, decisions... are they making an infinity version or something? i might as well just wait for the final version. I felt kinda dumb buying so much SF4 stuff.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:37:39 AM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »
Don't play the game and I don't intend to, but it's awesome that Ultimate MVC3 now has Vergil from DMC in it. Looks cool.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2011, 09:53:46 PM »
OBJECTION!

I mean..wait, yeah! Phoenix Wright is now in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2011, 11:23:55 PM »
Haha...Phoenix Wright came out better that I thought he would. He looks like he'll be a fun character, but I don't think I'll use him.
I'm actually eager to see what Rocket Raccoon is going to be like, so I hope he's revealed soon.

Offline Erusa

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2011, 12:16:33 AM »
I'm actually looking forward to playing Phoenix Wright. His attacks are already so lulzy from the vid.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Hey Girl