JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kacica - Clay Anime

Author Topic: Idoling!!! - Open Sub project  (Read 101437 times)

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Idoling!!! - Open Sub project
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2011, 07:57:49 AM »
check the link for wotawonderland in my signature. I put my progress on the sidebar there. I'm working on both of the episodes this weekend. 799 is going to take sometime, my internet is screwing up and I can't download it yet

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2011, 06:54:21 AM »
Idoling!!! - 2011.08.31 #784

Idoling!!! - 2011.08.31 #784
Soft Sub

Notes :

1. Gakkyuukai-ng!!! basically means a class meeting
2. It is one of the famous dummy segment for prank segments in Idoling!!! with Fan Sama Request right behind it.
3. Kokeshi doll is always referring to Asahi due to various similarities. I think one of the uRa that I subbed had that.
4. Subbing pretty late, was not around for days and totally in ruin because I can't download any idoling!!! at all because my ISP decided to screw up but thanks to certain members now I'm at 799 again... going to take ages to get back on track...

Offline strtl

• Member+
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2011, 06:33:43 PM »
@Kei_86
You've actually motivated this long-time lurker to post for the first time. :D
I've been visiting jphip for a couple of years and was kind of vaguely aware of Idoling!!! and some of the girls involved, without actually watching an episode.
I stumbled across your subbed episodes and have been really enjoying them. I only really used to notice Mai Endo but through the subs I’ve been able to get to know all the girls characters more + some of the episodes are totally hilarious.

Thanks for all your work.

Offline Blade Hunter

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2011, 12:42:23 AM »
I wonder what Yazawa said to him during #784 at 50:25. You didn't translate that sentence. Masuno rejected her comment and changed the subject, and she was all  :O. You totally also left out that French writer and his sayings part during "Zurui Idoling" too.

Offline miitan

• Miichan's Cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • monochromatia
    • monochromefx
    • +monochromefx
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2011, 12:47:15 AM »
If you read the opening post, kei_86 is doing these to help with his Japanese studies and to help other people to enjoy Idoling!!! Some lines are really hard to make out so he, understandably, skips those. These subs are a lot of hard work so I'm glad to see them, even in rough form.  :thumbup

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2011, 02:15:46 AM »
Yeah, he's doing everything alone, and it's a huge undertaking.  They're pretty solid for what they are.  When I used to be in a subbing group, we'd have the following schedule:

Translation
Translation Check
Timing
QC 1
QC 2

QC 1 and 2 are the most important as they're going over the fine details and making sure the aforementioned is perfect.  We weren't speed subbers, so we'd take our time, and it would take a few days to get the product out.  I had to do everything myself at one point, and it was pure hell.
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2011, 02:39:20 AM »
#784  50:25, I can't catch what Yazawa is saying, but what left her  :O was Masuno totally ignoring her statement. For the quotation from the French Writer, I really have no idea what it means. I'm also hoping that someone would  tell me what does it mean too XD

Subbing Idoling!!! is pretty hard because the talk is messy and there's no captions like other variety shows that'd help you catch the important jokes. Plus if I can see the kanji for the words, it would have helped a lot to get the meaning pretty accurately. Especially during a very heavy talk segments, everyone would just be talking and filtering them is pretty hard. Last time during Nikki era it was great because it really helped a lot to watch Nikki alongside the normal broadcast to get the captions but lately my internet is so bad, I can't even watch dailymotion anymore and it totally cuts me off from FujiTV Kara no~...

Thank you for all the support ^^ It is great to see more and more people liking the show, makes all the time spent subbing worthwhile. I'll do my best to keep up as best as I can.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:45:32 AM by kei_86 »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2011, 07:35:27 AM »
#784  50:25 - "Masuno-san, no one voted for me"

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2011, 08:37:31 AM »
oh haha!!! No wonder she was ignored! XD

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2011, 01:48:06 PM »
I tried looking up that french writer/philosopher when that sub got released but I couldn't find it, probably mostly due to japanese transliteration. I tried several possible names but none worked... I might try it again :)

Offline 123SillyBlast

• Member+
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »
“Les hommes sont les roturiers du mensonge, les femmes en sont l'aristocratie.” (男というものは嘘の国の庶民であるが、女はそこの貴族である。)
––Abel Hermant (アベル・エルマン)

Offline Patrick_03

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »
the open sub project has ended?  :( , because i like to see the subtitled episodes because i don't know japanese  :(

and do not know if I can comment here, but there's a part missing in episode 459 in acchi Muite Pie!!! website  :cry:, if someone can re-upload

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2012, 11:08:18 PM »
well.. it is not really ended, it is just that I don't really have time to do it for now. It might take a while until I'm free again to work on it once more

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2012, 05:03:30 PM »
I'll update the subs, this weekend. Look forward to it!

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2012, 02:39:16 AM »
First update after about 2 months of leave without notice XD

Idoling!!! - 2010.09.22 #792

Idoling!!! - 2010.09.22 #792
Soft Sub

Notes

1. JK - is a shortform of Joshi Kousei which means High School students, normally referring to girls
2. I absolutely have no idea what did Kikuchi and Hii-chan said
3. During Masuno's part, it's pretty hard to translate his card because word like 'sekkaku' kind of carry different nuances depending on the sentence

BarrieV edit: fixed the links
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:12:15 PM by BarrieV »

Offline strtl

• Member+
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2012, 02:48:14 AM »
There is only one thing better than watching Idoling episodes and that is watching Idoling episodes with subs!
Thanks for your all your work.  :bow:

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2012, 04:58:47 PM »
Idoling!!! - 2011.10.12 #799

Idoling!!! - 2011.10.12 #799
Soft Sub

Notes

1. There's too much play on words in this episode, I'm having problem choosing the words in English
2. Ippon Grand Prix (sp?) is a comedy tournament in which Masuno had won this competition 3 times already
3. Suu-chan mentioned Umeti (kawamura) Hyon (asahi) and Kaecchi (kaede). I skipped Hyon, coz I had no idea who it was.
Next up are the ganbaring episodes, as voted by you.

edit : thanks to Ayabie and SuzukiRyo for further information
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:51:58 PM by kei_86 »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2012, 05:19:54 PM »
Just a quick correction on Ippon Grand Prix which is different from what kei mentioned (R-1 Grand Prix)

Masuno has 3 trophies from Ippon, by the way. :D

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2012, 07:35:13 PM »
And I believe Suu-chan said Hyon, not Kaepyon.
Hyon refers to Asahi.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2012, 07:39:32 PM »
aaah thanks for that info, I was wondering who is Hyon but she did mention Kaecchi right after Hyon. Which is why I just skipped the 2nd name

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kacica - Clay Anime