JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Reality

Author Topic: The Lord of the Rings Online  (Read 49512 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: The Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2012, 05:55:15 PM »
OKAY BABES LET'S GET SERIOUS.

I WANT US ALL TO DO THE GREAT BARROW INSTANCES TOGETHER. THIS WEEKEND MAYBE?

"Generally speaking this place aims at characters in the levels 21 to 24 and above (as instances are adjustable) but some sections are intense and a good fellowship is recommended."

Instances:
[20] Great Barrow: The Maze
[22] Great Barrow: Thadúr
[24] Great Barrow: Sambrog

We'd set the instance level based on which level characters y'all have. My lowest one above 20 is level 28 and then the next lowest one is 42 or so :lol:

We can muster up 6 people to play at the same time, right?! People still have the game installed, right?? Post here or let me know in IRC if you're in...

And Elendilmir is still our server... :3

If I'm home, I'm game.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2012, 07:40:23 AM »
Just updated my client today.
Turns out I didn't uninstall it!

Any idea what time we're going for?
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2012, 10:01:10 AM »
Well ten said Saturday right? You two Americans just try to pop up before I go to bed and we can swing it :lol:

If we have me, Stryfe, tenkei, Slack, pika, that's five... Can we get one more?? 8)
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2012, 12:26:21 PM »
http://www.lotro.com/lotrostoresummerspecials

JULY 2 - Forochel QP 50% off (298tp)
JULY 3 - Great River QP 50% off (398tp)

Save up for Great River Stryfe so we can do that one area that is all small fellowship quests together :lol:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:43:32 PM by shirenu »

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »
Well ten said Saturday right? You two Americans just try to pop up before I go to bed and we can swing it :lol:

If we have me, Stryfe, tenkei, Slack, pika, that's five... Can we get one more?? 8)

Well me and slack are in the same timezone. Idk what time I'm getting home saturday night, but it would probably be sunday morning for the finns--but you guys know I'm always up late

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »
Uhuuumm sunday morning? 8) K K .... ... *looks at Stryfe*

:lol:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2012, 08:49:28 PM »
I'll be there if I can grind my level, but it is slow going ^^ killed orcs for a couple of hours and i'm still 22

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2012, 09:41:58 PM »
Omg killing stuff isn't how you level up, it's doing quests... Didn't u go pick up quests at the Forsaken inn in Lonelands >o< Killing stuff gives very VERY little exp, it's practically useless for leveling up

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2012, 01:33:13 PM »
OH LOOK AT THESE BAD BITCHES

Did the first 2 Great Barrow instances, was a bit tricky at first, lots of deaths, but we did it! :P Teamwork ayeh!!

Kopnome (pikapikapika) Level 24 minstrel, Kaewynnit (tenkei) Level 30 hunter, Naurwyn (shirenu) level 28 burglar, Momochii (nachdenki) Level 42 runekeeper, Vrandur (Stryfe) level 26 guardian 8)

And the instance was level 28... Yeah thinking about it we were quite boss. With 5/6 dudes, too.

As it turns out, we actually have done at least some Great Barrow things before o_o But it was so long ago I even forgot. It's still all cool tho. 8)

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
Yeah, was interesting to play in a fellowship for the first time (for me) and then already an instance~ :lol:

Died a little too often, especially me as the one with highest level in the group but I've never been good at this stuff and always die a lot :bleed eyes:. I have this one semi-AOE skill that I use all the time while soloing that got them all aggro on me in the beginning I think, at least it got easier once I stopped using it when there was a group of enemies.
We got better over the time too! Good teamwork also, was a pretty well balanced group as well (classes).

Now we just need to do last one someday still, I don't want to keep that key forever  :lol:
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2012, 04:38:05 PM »
^ Oh btw you can just use the key (by clicking, or right-clicking) and it gets added to your passive skills, so it no longer takes room in your bag :D It is indeed used to access Sambrog which is the last area.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2012, 08:40:28 PM »
do you all play the free to play version that has less access to certain features in the game? I remember the last time I tried to get back into Lotro they made it free, but there were features that you could pay for that gave you a significant boost over other players. Do they still do that?

Hurray! post #100 :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:47:41 PM by Forthisgift »

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2012, 09:22:37 PM »
^ We're not all playing the free to play "version".
In my opinion, at some point there isn't really a way around paying some money unless you have enough time and motivation to complete all the deeds to earn the turbine points to unlock new quests for your level.
It's probably the cheapest to become VIP member for a month (around 10 bucks I think) once you are at the point where you run out of quests that are around your level.
Also the boost of some things might be somewhat significant but helpful when you can only really play on weekends~

Speaking of paying... I couldn't resist this time ;_;
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2012, 09:32:33 PM »
what class do you need?

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2012, 09:44:28 PM »
Yeah, you can in theory play this game completely free and earn all the tp needed for ALL content just with non-stop bang-your-head-to-the-wall grind.

Personally, I invested some to ease it, mainly a few months of vip to get all the perks, unlocks and riding skill etc for nine characters, one of each class. Just playing a character while you're VIP, however briefly, permanently unlocks a lot of stuff for that character. I also currently have each and every quest pack, and almost every skirmish, and I sure didn't get them all with buying turbine points. Some ungodly amount of grind was done, and waiting for stuff to be on sale is the key.

There's always new content coming, of course, I just did a small grind spree to get the Great River -50% off, even if I don't play a whole lot anymore. :P

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2012, 05:22:00 AM »
... the name Boram is taken.

/deletes game

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »
^.... Did you really delete it >_>

Another useful sale, the mithril edition for 10 bucks: http://www.ebgames.com/pc/games/the-lord-of-the-rings-online-mithril-edition/97978

It'd be worth it for the 2000 turbine points alone, IIRC that is worth 20 bucks pretty much. I just don't really need TP at this point (well, I sorta do for the next expansion, but I've been planning on grinding that instead) and I already have all the current quest areas.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »
haha, no I was joking. I'm still waiting for the character transfer to happen then we'll get down to business  :D :D :D

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2012, 06:13:33 PM »
man, once I outgrow the Lone Lands I'll have nothing to do lol. Need to start grinding TP more so I can buy Trollshaws or Evendim. Hopefully I'll be able to just buy a month of VIP soon to unlock everything lol

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2012, 11:40:42 AM »
Discounts until 23rd!

http://www.lotro.com/lotrostoresale

Runekeeper class and warden class on discount, also extra character slots :3
Extra character = getting to try a new class and, if played decently, it would pay itself back eventually lol.
Although I do recommend focusing on one character first. It just makes everything easier to have that one character that's ahead. :lol:

...Also slayer deed accelerators, but not sure those would pay themselves back - I mean if you used one for one deed, you'd be paying at least 45tp to earn only 15tp in return (5 for the 1st deed and 10 for advanced) o_o Of course it would still take less time to finish the deed...

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Reality