JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Gekkou Pierrot

Author Topic: The Lord of the Rings Online  (Read 49466 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2010, 02:56:04 AM »
STUPID EARTH KIN

About to crack 31 now. North downs is ok, if lacking in players. All the yew for me, at least. Speaking of, Woodworking guild shit is killing me :bleed eyes:

Offline xyish

• Masuda's bitch
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • :3
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2010, 02:58:22 AM »
CANITBEPICTIEMNAO?

Yet another pic of our first glorious dungeon conquest

I found this really amusing

A 50K MAMMOTH. WITH SEVEN (?) GUARDS.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2010, 03:04:14 PM »
Hold Down The Front Lines with a Warden!
20% off Warden Class & More!
(Sales Run Friday, October 29th 12am EDT - Thursday, November 4th 11:59pm EDT)

• Warden Class - 636
  • Map to Hobbiton - 25+
  • Guides - 236+
    - Guide to Ost Guruth
    - Guide to Evendim
    - Guide to East Angmar
    - Guide to Suri-kyla
    - Guide to West Angmar
    - Guide to Echad Dunann
    - Guide to the Twenty-first Hall
    - Guide to Mirk-eaves
  • Travelling Rations - 200
  • Charity Virtues - 396
  • Ceremonial Ajokoira Garb - 236
  • Auction House - 236+

Source: http://www.lotro.com/lotrostoresale

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2010, 01:53:03 AM »
Huge update coming. Note everything is subject to change before it goes live.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?364747-Release-Notes-November-Update-(BULLROARER-ONLY)

Experience more of Middle-earth - FOR FREE!
Free and Premium players will now be able to access Moria, Lothlórien, Mirkwood, and Enedwaith for FREE! We have adjusted the access of Free and Premium players.
You may now follow the Epic Story line through Moria, Mirkwood and, Enedwaith. This includes free access to the following:

• The Legendary item system.
  • Attain level 65.
  • Access Moria, Mirkwood, Lothlórien, and Enedwaith regions.

Note: You will still need to purchase the appropriate quest packs or expansion packs to access other content (quests, deeds, instances, classes, etc) in these areas.

New Barter Wallet
We have new Barter Wallet! The Barter Wallet will hold all Skirmish Marks used to purchase items from the Skirmish Barter Vendors as well as all Anniversary Tokens.
The Barter Wallet may be opened by clicking on the Caret symbol at the lower left of your screen and selecting Barter Wallet from the list of panels.
You may be able to expand this feature in the future through gameplay or the LOTRO store.

Tasks
Tasks are free repeatable quest that players can use to augment their leveling within the game world. We'll have a full developer diary about this new system in the coming weeks, but here's some of what you can expect

• Over 250 new quests.
  • 100% FREE to All players.
  • Use existing trophy drops.
  • NEW Deeds and Rewards.
  • Available at all levels, starting at Level 8.
  • Infinitely repeatable.

Reputation Mounts
We have reviewed much of the feedback players have offered regarding reputation mounts and what they represent in terms of accomplishment and time invested.
You’ve made it very clear that these mounts should be special and reflect the effort required to earn them. We agree. Reputation mounts have received an upgrade in their stats.
These mounts will now have 250 health, receive reduced critical damage and allow characters to block, parry and evade while mounted.

Ered Luin Revamp
The Elf and Dwarf starting areas in Ered Luin have been completely revamped! Full details will be included in an upcoming Developer’s Diary.
Create a new character and try it out for yourself!

Storage Revisions
You have given us a tremendous amount of feedback since our major overhaul of the Vault and Shared Storage systems. We’ve heard you!
These systems have received a major rework. Read the Developer’s Diary for the full details.

And shitloads of more, you can read the whole thing in the link at top. Awesome shitz.

Also, Lone-lands quest pack is on sale right now, for 50tp.

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2010, 01:13:40 AM »
I just joined the kinship.  :jphip:
Now to find time to play...

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2010, 09:46:20 AM »
I've been meaning to post some pics from lotro for ages >o< Well here they finally are!

Sometimes you gotta stop and take a look what the surroundings are like (this from Rivendell)

When I first saw a bog marsh it was some dude's animal ally and I was like WTF IS THAT

Then I learned WTF it was

Took a picture with Legolas

My bb Sulwing and her horse Quicksilver belong to a fall fashion catalogue

This is what happens when you drink, a lot

The tackiest outfit I've seen so far:

The most redneck outfit I've seen so far:

My hobbit Poppyleaf! (She doesn't have her own horse yet)

One of the most fun quest, firing fireworks. Happened to be night, too ^^

One of the CREEPIEST moments. I log in, go get some wolves, only... I can only see a pile of corpses, as if some natural disaster had just struck the place. It was genuinely creepy.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2010, 11:52:35 AM »
Someone may or may not have been requesting these infos!!

Send Scholar stuff (except early recipes) to Sulwing
Send Jeweler stuff either to Manoerian or Thaketey
Send Metalworking stuff to Stryfer
Send Tailor stuff to Stryfer
Send Woodwork and Farming stuff to Thurlo
Send Weaponsmith stuff to Iyari
Send Cook stuff to Thaketey
I don't remember what Xerony's profession was but he's taking Medium Hides particularly :3

Other gamers (Amp, xy, tenkei) have different professions but they haven't been playing for a while, so I'm afraid you'd only get ur stuff sent back to you.
(I need to get Poppyleaf a profession xD)

Also who's who, in case you wanna add Jphip people:
tenkei = Kaewynnit
Stryfe = Stryfer, Thurlo, Iyari, Thaketey
Amplifier = Mayuyu, Ishibashi(?)
xyish = Ishidana
Slack = Manoerian
shirenu = Sulwing, Poppyleaf, Surufled
xerony = Xerony

DYES!! As a scholar I make dyes that people can use to dye their outfits and make them a bit more unique. I thought I'd list what I have so people can ask/request :3
Before you request, do decide on an outfit that you want to keep as the cosmetic outfit so that you're not requesting for more dyes every time you upgrade armour LOL. Once you find an outfit that you like, try the different colours on it either at the outfitter or your character panel (I always just go to the outfitter so not sure how the other works). And then request!!

Right now I have in the vault:
3 dark green dyes
6 indigo dyes (+2 indigo plants to make more)
15 navy dyes (+3 woad plants to make more)
7 olive dyes
7 red dyes
39 violet dyes
(29 umber materials)
(1 sienna material)

Stryfe has first choice over everything because he's provided most of the materials :D
But as you can notice, there's especially a lotta violet to get rid of, so o/ DO ASK FOR THIS STUFF OKAY!

And I hope more people still want to join this game :3 Because it doesn't seem like I'll stop playing any time soon.....

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2010, 12:32:16 AM »
We just blitzed some orcs and trolls with Shi, Amp and Slack, hope someone took caps coz I forgot.  :doh:

Nice and helpful post, shirenu!

All new and old hipster players are welcome to request light/medium/heavy armours, weapons, jewelry, food and whatever else I can craft, from any of my chars (Stryfer, Iyari, Thaketey, Thurlo).

I'll provide, as long as I have some materials for the stuff you want. Ask away, glad to help. Same goes for general help, info and quests.

Join The Rear Guard today - we got your ass.  :shakeit:

Ok thought I'd post some pics of my chars...

Stryfer - Level 53 - Man - Captain

Stryfer is The Man. A natural leader of men, he is the founder and chief ass-master of the Rear Guard. He looks exactly like... me! Well, if I put on a whole bunch of muscles.

Captains are mainly support characters with lots of group buffs but can also tank a bit. They can summon a Herald or later an Archer to help them in battle.

Just a while back unlocked Moria and got my first legendary items, should get cracking on Khazad-dûm soon.

But, Butt... I have alts that kinda distract me from that goal, firstly:

Iyari - Level 29 - Woman - Warden

Warden is a ton of fun to play. A medium armour wearing tank with special shields, javelins, self-heals, lots of "over-time" damage, threat and heals. Basically you create most of her skills, Gambits, using 3 different attacks in various combinations. Spear, Fist and Shield. You can for example form a shield block with two shields in a row, or cause some Damage+DoT with Spear-Shield-Fist, and so forth, up to combos consisting of five basic attacks. There's like 50 different gambits that offer a lot of versatility for different playstyles.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows, though, as the Warden (like Rune-keeper) has to be either purchased from the store (800 turbine points or so) or as part of the Moria expansion (2500 tp currently). The Moria expansion will soon vanish though, and you'll only have the separate purchase option.

Oh, and if you can't figure out where her name came from, I'll tell you that her horse is called Alyson. XD

Thaketey - Level 25 - Elf Chick - Hunter

Your basic hunter, DPS machine with great travelling skills and stuff.

Well that name is probably a no-brainer...

Also got a burglar hobbit called Thurlo. The fishing hobbit in the pics I posted earlier. He's a douche.

Finally, some ass caps for shirenu:

Pants for the chicks are always selected based on how good their ass looks in them. I'm a man of principle.  :yep:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2010, 03:27:49 AM »

Was partying it up with Shi and Slack today, this time I took some caps. Slack playing some tunes at every available opportunity like a true minstrel. Bagpipes... the pain.

This is what we do to trolls at JPH!P.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2010, 01:16:07 PM »
Just announced for Fall 2011.

New Digital Expansion to The Lord of the Rings Online™ Launching Fall 2011

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment unveiled today The Lord of the Rings Online™: Rise of Isengard™, the latest expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) developed by Turbine.  Rise of Isengard will expand the online world of Middle-earth where players will join forces to press further eastward into the legendary region of Isengard.  Rise of Isengard will be available for purchase in the LOTRO Store in the Fall of 2011 with an increased level cap, the new region of Isengard including the legendary tower of Orthanc, enhancements to monster play and much more!

NEW FEATURES:
  • Experience the Rise of Isengard – The Epic Story continues as the Grey Company makes its way south into Dunland, but troubles arise as their road takes them into lands where Dunlending forces, marshaled by the Wizard Saruman, prepare for war. The Rangers must seek new allies and face dangerous new foes, chief among them the traitor Saruman, whose web of intrigue threatens to endanger your quest, your friends, and your life.
  • Increased Level Cap — Players will be able advance their characters up to level 70, gaining access to new traits, virtues, skills and class quests. 
  • Expanded Monster Play – LOTRO’s monster play system will get a major revamp including opening up the feature to all players, changes to monster player skills and advancement and a brand new region for players to battle for or against the forces of evil.

Some more stuff from an article at Massively:

A glimpse into 2011

Then the devs were willing to give us a rough sketch of what lies ahead for LotRO in 2011. Although they were skimpy on details (which is to be expected -- have to save something to talk about in the future!), they dropped enough hints to suggest that 2011 is going to be an exciting year for the game.

More zones and epic story books are in order, although players have much more to be excited about. For instance, the cosmetic system -- one of the more beloved features of the game -- is going to get pimped the heck out. If you're always agonizing over the limits of the system, then rejoice as Turbine promises more outfit tabs, more slots, and a whole lot of new items to wear.

The upgraded cosmetic system will include non-combat pets, a first for the game (except for those lucky duck Lore-masters). While they wouldn't comment on how many vanity pets are in development, they said that they are currently testing out a squirrel and have designed the system in a way so that you can have a pet out at all time -- even in combat.

Fluff not your thing, Mr. or Mrs. Studly McAwesome? Turbine wants you to know that it hasn't forgotten its endgame players; on the contrary, the team is hard at work on new raids (yes, that's plural) and dungeons for those at the level cap. There will also be additional dungeons included for the mid-level (30 to 40) folks. And if you haven't heard the news, Turbine wants to make sure you know that radiance is on its way out of the game forever. The devs recognize that it wasn't fun in the least and are tweaking the dungeons to function without the gating that radiance gear required.

Other plans on tap for 2011 include unlocking level 65 First Age legendaries (they're on their way to Middle-earth after FedEx misplaced them) and a redesign of the legendary item (LI) system with a focus on removing the randomness and emphasizing choice through a more intuitive layout.

Expansion Three: Rise of Isengard

While free-to-play is a game-changer in many ways, Turbine is still committed to bringing out a hefty expansion now and then. Rise of Isengard not only meets the blank-OF-blank name format (Shadows of Angmar, Mines of Moria, Siege of Mirkwood) but looks to make serious headway into the territory of The Two Towers.

Coming in fall 2011, Rise of Isengard will be comprised of three hefty zones: Dunland, the Gap of Rohan, and Isengard itself. Journeying through these regions will bring players up to the increased level cap of 70.

Dunland shares a border with Enedwaith, the current level cap zone (which means we may not see a new zone until then, although Turbine demurred at commenting on that) and is as large, space-wise, as its neighbor. Isengard will include the tower of Orthanc, which is the base of operations for fallen wizard Saruman's wicked schemes.

The expansion -- or a content update near to it -- promises to change up the Monster Play (PvMP) system. In an effort to give more of a feeling of advancement to PvMPers, the system will be expanded to increase skill progression and add more variety to those who like to walk on the dark side of Middle-earth.

Even more exciting is the prospect of PvMP spilling out of the Ettenmoors into new areas. Where will the conflict take us? The devs hinted at but would not confirm Isengard as a location for open-world PvMP. This move is also designed to allow F2P gamers a way to finally participate in PvP, although the team hasn't decided whether this will include an additional cost or not.

Expect to hear more about Rise of Isengard in the coming months, as Turbine has it "deep in development."

Pretty awesome to get pets for everyone, and not just Loremasters.

Oh and November update has a date now finally... 29th.  XD

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2010, 11:42:35 PM »
There was a moment of Lotro tonight with me, Stryfe, Slack, Amp and xyish, and Xerony but he was on a lower level so he couldn't join us. PICS!

Iyari had a hilarious SHOCKED FACE syndrome :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2010, 12:18:57 AM »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »

I'M ON A GOAT!

November update is here, so I went and got a new faction steed, Thorin's hall kindred goat, to speed up my conquest of Moria.

Looks like new faction steeds are 5.5g, old ones are still a tad below 5g.

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »
I'm currently installing this game. I already downloaded and installed yesterday, but I think I downloaded a wrong version or something and couldn't login  :doh: I hope it'll work this time. And hopefully the game won't lag too much for me... my comp is quite old and crappy...

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2010, 02:05:46 PM »
OMG YES TUTU :w00t: Let us know your char name so we can add you to the kinship, bwahhahaha
Or at least send you stuff :D Stryfe is an excellent equipment maker and I can uh ... make dyes... or potions! lol

18 days till kinship house :D

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2010, 06:39:36 PM »
The game is working fine  :twothumbs
I created a character named Tuthunder LOL. I dunno if I'm in wrong server tho.. I dunno if I saw the one where u guys are (Elendilmir?)  :? Well, I'll just create a new char if need to. I didn't play so much yet. (I dunno how much I can play anyway since I'm working til 23rd..)
I'm usually quite slow to learn playing these kinda online games >.> I get pissed off and frustrated a lot when I start cos I don't understand stuff  :nervous

EDIT: Well, I found out that I downloaded an EU version, so no wonder I couldn't find the right server  :banghead:
Soooooooooooo lemme download the game for friggin' 3rd time  :bleed eyes:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:09:39 PM by +u+u »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2010, 11:15:08 AM »
^ OUCH!!! D:
So incredibly silly that they haven't made it clearer. I know other people have had problems knowing which version to DL, too. :|

I get frustrated easily too. :lol: I was all pissed off at first because my very first char was a minstrel and I kept dying (lol) because I didn't really know how to play yet... But then I deleted that char and made a champion instead, which is melee stuff, and yeah things got better. I think now I would be able to play a minstrel, too. :lol:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2010, 11:13:20 PM »

Merry xmas!

The Rear Guard has finally reached Kinship lifespan rank 7, and we now have a Kinship house!

The house is located at the Bree-land Homesteads, southeast of Bree. The South Bree stablemaster offers rides to the homesteads as well.

The address is 8 Long Street, Baring, Bree-land Homesteads. You can easily find the house just traveling down the road from the homestead entrance and going all the way south.

Everyone has received a new skill that allows you to travel to the kinship house. It uses some travelling rations every time you use it, so be sure to stock up at a grocer or a supplier.

The housing containers will have some supplies everyone can use, still working on the details of what all. Furnishing is still underway as well. :P

Anyone is allowed to pay the upkeep cost, which is 300 silver a week. Whenever you have extra money, feel free if you want.

Let's Party Hard!

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2011, 11:55:01 PM »
^ So cool!  :twothumbs I still haven't go to check the house tho >.> I will! Sooner or later lol.
Anyway, I finally got myself a horse today

I looooooooooooooooooove it  :D

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2011, 06:30:08 PM »

Been playing again :cokecat:

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Gekkou Pierrot