JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Plus-Tech Squeeze Box - Milk Tea

Author Topic: Favourite Character Designs  (Read 20069 times)

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Favourite Character Designs
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 12:55:46 PM »

I just love the Persona series artwork! Maybe this is one reason I like the game and characters so much.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 03:27:57 PM »
Rise :heart:

Gungrave - Gungrave

Not much to say, just looks badass.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 01:39:43 AM »
I rarely play a JRPG that conforms to so many cliches. In my Dreamcast days I got a masterclass in this from a little known game called Skies of Arcadia. Think of any convention you're likely to find in a JRPG or in anime, and you're likely to find it here. Different areas and dungeons in the world relating to the 4 elements? Yep. Mythical stones you need to collect? Yep. Spunky teen who's eager to fly away (literally) from his dull home town and explore the vast world only to become an integral player in saving the world? You betcha. But it was enjoyable nonetheless, a very charming game. Certainly in the case of it's cast, in particular the main three shown below from left to right, Fina, Vyse and Aika. I thought the design fit the characters so perfectly in their personality and charm.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 01:48:45 PM »
Most say he's ugly as fuck, but I say he's DA MAN!!!  XD
I mean come on, who looks more believable to survive in a harsh world thrown back into medievil times fighting monsters every day?

A strong, buff, worn out guy, marked from endless fight for survival and the search for his daughter?

Or a girly-girl who looks like he's bathing in rose petals every evening and needs 3 hr in the bathroom to fix his hair?
"Hey Nier, shouldn't we be searching for your beloved sister Yonah, already?"
"Are you crazy book, I can't go out without my make up!"

Isn't this group of merry adventurers much more appealing to you

than this group of... uh losers?  XD

No serously, Old Nier was a bold design for a japanese game character, where ususally affemminate males are dominating, but in the end they were forced to change it for the japanese market, which is sad.
I mean, there are so many western gamers who love JRPG's for those affemminate male characters, why shouldn't there be an japanese audience for western designed characters, too?

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 06:01:22 PM »
I rarely play a JRPG that conforms to so many cliches. In my Dreamcast days I got a masterclass in this from a little known game called Skies of Arcadia. Think of any convention you're likely to find in a JRPG or in anime, and you're likely to find it here. Different areas and dungeons in the world relating to the 4 elements? Yep. Mythical stones you need to collect? Yep. Spunky teen who's eager to fly away (literally) from his dull home town and explore the vast world only to become an integral player in saving the world? You betcha. But it was enjoyable nonetheless, a very charming game. Certainly in the case of it's cast, in particular the main three shown below from left to right, Fina, Vyse and Aika. I thought the design fit the characters so perfectly in their personality and charm.

Absolutely love this game  :wub:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 05:35:41 PM »
Mega Man - Mega Man Series
I honestly haven't played that many Mega Man games.
The first thing from the series that comes to mind for me would actually be be Cut Man! :lol:
It kinda shows that many enemy designs in the series were just as iconic as the hero himself. :heart:

I personally like the design of the more edgy Mega Man X. Because he looks more mature and futurish.

Upgrading the classic sleek/curvy armor with more detail. And the signature red crystal on his helmet. X was totally ready to cross some names off his list.  :P

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 07:20:31 PM »
New Dante from Devil May Cry

Oh wait. I LIED.  :thumbdown:

Serious business now:

Shanoa - Castlevania : Order of Ecclesia

Shanoa's my favourite character in the series, a cold femme fetale that impales giant crabs with elevators. I like that her dress was open backed, which is pretty sexy, and a rocking tattoo as well.

Also really liked the way Dracula looked in that game. Pretty sinister.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 03:20:14 PM »
Panzer Dragoon Orta

The world of Panzer Dragoon and the creatures that inhabited it looked distinctive and impressive. The dragons look amazing.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 04:01:37 PM »
Let me just say that I love every single post in this thread :lol: Just lazy to thank all of them separately XD
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 03:05:55 PM »
Sorry for bringing up a generic one:

Yes, Sephiroth. The first time I ever fought him was in Kingdom Hearts. What's worse is that I didn't know I was going to fight him. I believe he was the Platinum Match in Hercules' world, which is just a bunch of question marks before you actually attempt it. I went in there, oblivious to what I was about the face and, oh god, I almost shat bricks. I was scared of him simply because I had read about him in a gaming magazine before. I got beaten pretty quickly and I don't think any part of any video game has ever made my heart beat so hard.

Now, probably my favourite game girl ever:

Rikku is cute, fun, flirty, sexy, with cool spiral eyes because she's Al bhedian. I loved her in FFX and to be honest, I bought FFX-2 because she was in it :sweatdrop:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »
The Shin Megami Tensei series always has some great looking demons, I think the coolest is Thanatos from Persona 3:

And of course you can't forget:

Jack Frost ho!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 11:27:55 AM »
Alex Vance - Half-Life 2

Along the same vein as Faith from Mirror's Edge, Alex just looks like a normal woman. Her face also displays a range of emotions throughout that makes her very believeable. She's also a wonderfully well written character. Part of the appeal to Half Life is that Gordon Freeman is such a blank slate of a character that it's not hard to think that Alex is talking to you, the player, which also makes her easy to relate with. It's not really a surprise to see her high up on the list of attractive women in games.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 02:58:27 AM »
He's an earthworm. Named Jim. In a robot suit.

Bob the special radiation resistant tree that grew on Harold's the sterile ghouls head.

"Obstruction detected...

Composition: Titanium alloy supplemented by photonic resonance barrier. Probability of mission hindrance...

0%"

Manny Calavera. Just your average travel agent trying to make it and get out of the land of the dead.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:06:35 AM by zoolander »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 11:34:29 PM »
Jack Frost ho!

Happy HO! to Jack Frost!!!
I'd sell my soul for a Frosty plush toy or just a tiny figure  :heart:

Maybe not a very original character but after spending some hours with this dude I grew very fond of him and you gotta love his body art (scarring/branding whatever it is)  Deep down he's just a big cuddly Teddy Bear... with fists or iron XD

Monkey (Enslaved)

Hope they do make action figures because I sure as hell will buy them!

And then there's this guy, ugly yes, but I find him quite original, eventhough I don't like him (yet)

Pigsy (Enslaved)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 01:59:50 AM »
Samanosuke Akechi - Onimusha

Not a character with any great depth or complexity, but he does look like a cool badass samurai.

Offline Isoyamaniac

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 12:46:12 AM »
Ico & Yorda (Ico for PS2)

The Wanderer (Wanda) & Mono (Shadow of the Colossus for PS2)

The Prince (We love Katamari for PS2)

The hacker (Rez for Dreamcast, PS2 and XBLA)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011, 07:11:25 PM »
Adam Jensen - Deus Ex : Human Revolution

At first I didn't think much of it, but something about the design of Adam Jensen just works so well when you see it all in-game, like crouching to cover before knocking motherfuckers out with a metal fist to the eye socket. Plus the retractable shades, those are pretty awesome. Really like the glow that his augmented eyes give and his arms look hi-tech and badass.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2011, 02:15:45 AM »
^ He kinda reminds me of Jet from Cowboy Bebop. Only without the male pattern baldness. :P

I thought the character designs in Kirby's Epic Yarn were delightful and clever. The look also tied into the gameplay with the way Kirby would morph into a car when you dashed, a parachute when you floated ect.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 02:10:29 PM »
Jet Set Radio

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 04:30:26 PM »

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Plus-Tech Squeeze Box - Milk Tea