JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Precious

Author Topic: [CHI] Charmaine Sheh Sze-man 佘詩曼  (Read 15886 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CHI] Charmaine Sheh Sze-man 佘詩曼
« on: September 14, 2010, 12:53:52 PM »
Charmaine Sheh Sze-man 佘詩曼

The top TV actress in Hong Kong.  :grin:

Charmaine Sheh Sze-man is a Hong Kong TVB actress. Sheh signed on with TVB in 1998 after winning the position of second runner-up in the 1997 Miss Hong Kong Pageant.

Sheh is best known for her roles in TVB dramas, including Return of the Cuckoo, Country Spirit, Perish in the Name of Love, Angels of Mission, War and Beauty, The Dance of Passion,The Drive of Life, Maidens' Vow and Beyond the Realm of Conscience.

Born   May 28, 1975 in Hong Kong
Occupation   Actress, Singer
Years active   1997–present

Links
Official Site
Official TVB Blog
Sina Twitter
IMDB
Wikipedia

Even crushing on Charmaine Sheh!!!! WTF!!

Now she really showed her spunky side. Kinda like HK's Jennifer Aniston. You think she fugly with that giant nose but then you realize, man she got a fucking nice ass!!

TVB 絕代商驕 宣傳片 長尾理論? (TVB Channel)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Charmaine Sheh Sze-man 佘詩曼
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »
why I made this thread :P

Charmaine Sheh wins Most Popular Female Artist in Korea

left to right: Charmaine, Ruby Lin, Sammul Chan

Depending on the hot popular series Can't Buy Me Love, Charmaine Sheh's popularity rises again. Last night, she attended The 5th Seoul International Drama Awards 2010 in Korea and was presented with the Most Popular Artist award along with Ruby Lin. Charmaine was dressed in a red hot evening dress to the award ceremony.

Last night, Charmaine depended on the popular drama Beyond the Realm of Conscience to win the Highest Most Popular Female Artist Award (Hong Kong). Representing Hong Kong Sammul Chan was beaten by Korean male actor Lee Seung Gi in the Most Popular Male Artist Award.

Source: Oriental Daily (Credit: sehseh's blog [images/clip])
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:16:59 AM »
Charmaine Sheh Pairs With Wayne Lai in 'Forensic Heroes 3'

It's another TV King and Queen collaboration. Charmaine Sheh to collaborate with Wayne Lai in the sequel of hit series "Forensic Heroes"---"Forensic Heroes 3". Earlier reports exposed Kevin Cheng is replacing the main lead from the previous installments, Bobby Au-Yeung, as the lead in the new "FH." But now it's confirmed it will be Wayne.

Yesterday reporters contacted producer of the series Mui Siu Ching and she disclosed "FH3" to start shooting in December. "Leads include Wayne Lai, Charmaine Sheh, Kate Tsui, and Ron Ng. Because it's hard to write more about the old leads, so this time it would be a brand new story and new characters. Plus many good actors died in the previous stories, hope they can come back in this new story. "

Mui also disclosed some information about Wayne and Charmaine's characters in the series. "Charmaine won't play a police this time. She will play a forensic pathologist. Wayne will play a cool police and solve cases with Charmaine. Of course they are going to have some romantic scenes. Since the two never worked with each other before, so it should be something fresh to viewers."

Wayne appeared to be excited when talked about collaborating with Charmaine. "To be honest, been shooting series for many years, I almost collaborate with every TVB actress but not Charmaine. My partner is getting younger. I think she is very smart and her acting improved a lot. So I can't wait to collaborate with her," he said on the phone.

Because he has to play a handsome police and pair with the pretty Charmaine, Wayne vowed to lose some weight. "I weight 145lbs now. I hope I can lose about 10 or 8lbs before the series starts shooting, so I can pair with Charmaine!"

Charmaine is also excited to work with Wayne. "Don't know whether it's confirmed. If it's true, it's definitely a good thing because I never worked with Wayne before. He is a good actor. I watched his 'Rosy Business.'"

Source: Apple Daily (HK)
Translation: Kay's Entertainment

AWESoME!! onto some action, too much costume drama for her lol

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 08:44:31 AM »
awesome interview!

Charmaine Sheh not worried about marriage (Part 1)

'TV Queen' Sheren Tang and 'Biological Daughter' Charmaine Sheh may have magical powers in TVB City, but their love life is empty. Life without a man, Sheren and Charmaine are similar. Steel blodded Miss Nine can take down bad men any time, but in reality Sheren is longing for love. The unruly Princess Chiu Yeung Charmaine is actually waiting for love to come. Perhaps this is the irony for lead actresses!

I'm watching Sheren Tang battle Teresa Mo

Charmaine says: "The media focuses entirely on Sheren and I, and that is actually quite unfair to the other candidates. We cannot cover up other peoples efforts because every person spent a lot of time and effort in portraying their roles. Actually, I support Teresa Mo. Some people say that her acting is exaggerated, but I believe that this type of acting style for sitcoms is not a problem. Before I entered the industry, I watched her acting, I really admire her comedies!"

In a blink of an eye, Charmaine is already in her mid-30s, TV Queen she already got, money she already earned a lot, even rumored boyfriends she has a huge basket. Her rumored boyfriends Benny Chan, Kevin Cheng, Moses Chan and more names are in a rumor wheel. Until this day she has not found her true love, how does she cope, while there is a rise in 'gold remaining girls'. Filming for a long periods in Mainland, she is completely clueless of the term 'remaining girl'. When she learned the term was to describe women who are over 30 and still aren't married, Charmaine laughed: "Quite a pretty term! I don't feel it's degrading women!" In a series (CBML), Charmaine plays an unruly princess, and is willing to give up everything for love. In reality, Charmaine gave up on love: "When there's gain there's loss. Since I already put all my time into work, the distribution for family and love decreased! Although I always want to take a break, I continuously filmed 140 episodes this year and counting the upcoming Forensic Heroes III, it's 170 episodes total."

Godmother rushes marriage

After all she has reached a marriageable age and Charmaine's grandmother is worried that her granddaughter won't ever be able to get married, so is often rushing her to get married and making Charmaine think of retiring from the industry. "My mom hasn't forced me, but my grandmother is always telling me to stop working and go marry quickly. I asked my grandmother, if I stop working then what do I do? She said do whatever is fine. I have seriously thought about retiring, but I really love acting, it's hard to give it up! Can only leave it to fate, I am not afraid, I will wait until he appears! I can wait!" To Charmaine, dating is a luxury, if she has time, she would rather sleep: "I believe in fate and destiny. But now I am so busy I don't have time to meet people or marry. Even if there is someone pursuing, I don't have time to meet him, Idon't even have enough time to sleep!" In the last year, Charmaine has been constantly filming series, making her feel exhausted: "I filmed When Heaven Burns, Can't Buy Me Love, Justice, My Foot, Colourful of Sister Fa and Female Constables, a total of 6 series all in one go. In such a short time, I portrayed 6 different roles, metally I have not stopped, physically I am very exhausted."

Supports Fala Chen the most

This year Charmaine lost the TV Queen title, but her acting has long been accepted by audience, winning 'My Favourite TV Female Character' is no doubt. She exposed that for several years relied on 'stealing tips' in order to study hard on acting: "I never officially learned acting from a teacher, but I would always observe acting from different co-stars, to learn from them. I am not just talking about the lead character, but seniors like Kara Hui, Felix Wong. There are also Gallen Lo and Roger Kwok, I learn their different acting styles. I remember Seven Sisters, I had a scene where my lines were really long and at the same time I had to mix in several different motions into the acting. Gallen saw that I was so frightened and impatient about it, he immediately taught me to throw out everything and put my entire self into the role, don't let the lines I have to say control me. This method came in good use in my life." Charmaine currently occupies TVB's 1st line Fadan position, towards the group of new talents, she especially supports Fala Chen: "Fala, linda Chung and Tavia Yeung are all pretty good. Though they have good audience fate, but if I had to choose, I feel that Fala has high flexibility. She portrayed two completely different roles in Can't Buy Me Love and No Regrets really well, she handled the roles well. I admire her."

Epilogue: Filial Granddaughter Greatly Loved By Family

Charmaine made a special trip back to Hong Kong to attend the TVb Anniversary Awards ceremony ans stayed a few more days to do several interviews. The exhausted Charmaine, still kept herself going until the end. Known as a filial girl, the day that she was doing the photo shoot for this interview, her grandmother kept calling her. When she was putting on her 5-inch heels along with a long-tailed dress, Charmaine wanted to call her grandmother back, and spoke to her in a gentle voice: "Can do! I will come back! I'll come back tomorrow night to have dinner with you!" After she hung up, Charmaine smiled and said: "My grandmother is 96 years old, she forgets that she already called me. She really does love me!"

Source: The Sun
Translator: aZnangel@AEU

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 03:13:38 AM »
SHOCKER!!! :panic: :panic:

Charmaine Sheh offered 15 million yuan, leaves TVB and heads north

TVB FaDans are getting fewer and fewer. Charmaine Sheh entered TVB in 1997 and finally decided that she will not renew her contract when it expires in May, breaking the 14 year relationship. Earlier, Charmaine went to Mainland to shoot series and caught the attention of a Mainland producer offering her 15 million yuan for two years. Compared to TVB's HK$20,000 per episode, there is a huge difference. In addition, there are many Mainland rich men that are pursuing her. Having a new place for her career and love life, the 35 year old Charmaine decided to leave her 'maternal home' (TVB) and head north to develop.

It was understood that Charmaine gets paid HK$20,000 per episode in a TVB series, but going up north to shoot a series, she gets a 5 level jump in price, the Chinese yuan is easy to earn. Also, Charmaine's TVB management contract is ending in May and it's of great importance for TVB to convince Charmaine to stay. TVB Executive Virgina Lok already started discussing the contract with Charmaine last October, but unfortunately there was no news that they will take a step forward, so Charmaine was unwilling to sign the contract renewal. Eventually, she ended up losing the TV Queen title to Sheren Tang at the TVB Anniversary Awards.

TVB offers 10 million for 2 years

At an event earlier, Charmaine generously admitted that she and TVB are discussing of a contract renewal and blurted out: "The Mainland market is huge, there is a need of many artists. The salary for shooting Mainland series are also very high." It was said TVB wanted to foster this biological daughter and spared no expense offering her 10 million for a 2 year contract, but this price still differed from the Mainland producer's offer. No wonder Charmaine delayed on picking up the pen to sign the contract.

Faked the injury?

Although TVB tried all they could and offered a generous price to keep Charmaine, she clearly already made her decision, so he suggested some contract conditions that a basically hard for TVB to accept, then TVB can back up. Charmaine is not afraid of losing TVB, last month she borrowed her arm injury to withdraw from Miu Siu Ching's Forensic Heroes III. Charmaine said herself she need a break for 6 weeks for medical treatment and was afraid to hold up the filming schedule, so she withdrew. However, earlier when Charmaine was out on the streets, her left arm seem pretty flexible and really was not as serious as she described. For this reason, rumors started that she didn't want to shoot the series, so she faked her injury.

Initially When Heaven Burns was scheduled to release in April, but it was recently taken out of the schedule and replaced with Michael Tse's Relic of an Emissary.

Besides the money, Charmaine also hopes to find her Mr. Right soon. In fact, she currently has many rich men from Mainland pursuing her. Until now, she still have not chosen one. Since there are new developments in both her career and love life, so she decided to give it a try.

The day before over the phone, Virgina Lok responded: "We are really still discussing. She suggested some conditions, we are considering it." Yesterday reporters contacted Charmaine to confirm, but she has not responded.

-----------

Tell You What: TVB sons and daughters out fighting for the Yuan.

Myolie Wu and Bosco Wong - Their recent Mainland series in Hengdian was 80,000 per episode, which is 4 times higher than TVB's price.

Kevin Cheng - Last month, he took part in a 30 episode Mainland costume drama Startling Steps in Hengdian

Raymond Lam - Started earning the yuan in the recent year. September 2010, he took part in Ad Mania, portraying a villain.

Tavia Yeung - Following Beyond the Realm of Conscience, she got way into her villain role and was recently invited to participate in Mainland costume drama Harlem with Patrick Tam in Hengdian, she continues to portray a villain.

Sheren Tang - Lat year she participated in a 90 episode long series, New Pearl Princess in Hengdian. She plays the Queen, although not a leading role, still 4 million yuan is safety in her pocket.

Sonija Kwok - In July 2010, she took part in Jade Palace Lock Heart in Hengdian, earning 80,000 yuan per episode and sparked love with Mainland martial arts choregrapher Zhu Shaojie too.

Source: Apple Daily [Credit: TVB Channel]
Translator: aZnangel@AEU

probably trying to get a bigger contract

You know how it is, you can never leave TVB. :pimp:

The drama continues!!

back from an injury.

She back? :lol:

Charmaine Sheh sighs its a pity she can't be in 'War and Beauty 2'

Charmaine Sheh feels pity that she was unable to make her schedule workable to fit with the shooting of TVB grand production War and Beauty 2 (WAB2). Since she decided to shoot WAB2, the public anticipated to see the original cast in the sequel, but the current situation where Bowie Lam left TVB, Gigi Lai retired from showbiz and now Charmaine's schedule conflict, it is difficult to get the original cast back. The current confirmed cast includes Sheren Tang, Ada Choi, Christine Ng, Astrid Chan and Moses Chan. Charmaine sighed: "I should have a lot of sparks with Ada (Choi), but now with the schedule conflicts, I can't shoot it, so can only give up."

Yesterday Charmaine attended producer Jonathan Chik's new series 4 In Love (Let It Be Love) promotional event. She reveals the Mainland drama Legend of Empire Yuan Founder that she is currently shooting, the progress has been delayed, so shooting is expected to complete last March, but WAB2 starts in January. There really is no other choice, but to turn down the opportunity. She said she really wanted to shoot WAB2, initially the schedule only conflicted by 2 weeks, so she thought it could accommodate, but she is helpless that ultimately she's unable to participate. She said: "I really hoped to collaborate with Ada, should have a lot of sparks, such a pity."

For the 4 In Love promotion, Charmaine still took time off her schedule to fly back and take part in the event. Over the CNY holiday, she will be spending it in Mainland because on the first and second day, she be attending a real estate event in Mainland. On the third day, she will be heading back to Hengdian to continue shooting, so she will only be able to attend this promotion.

As for Moses, he has been attending events repeatedly and going to have a fat year. Although his exact income is not known yet, it is estimated that his revenue is over 8 figures, just on advertisements. Moses said: "When I open up the magazine, after flipping through a few pages, I see myself. I feel sorry, if clients know that i have that many, they may not ask me to be in their endorsements anymore." As for his major increase in workload, Moses felt lucky. When asked if he feels his girlfriend Aimee Chan brought him lucky? He said without hiding that he gave his girlfriend flowers to express his gratefulness. He directly said his girlfriend is a good girl and would be a good marriage partner. Moses reveals over the CNY holiday, he will be going to out everywhere with Aimee to send new year greetings to his seniors, but before CNY, he was unwilling to reveal if he's attending the reunion dinner. He just laughed and said he doesn't need his girlfriend to help him clean the house because his mom has been busy with that.

In 4 In Love, Moses plays a home boy that works in an electronics stop in Mong Kok. He had many scenes in Mong Kwok, and each time many onlookers surround the location. The most memorable was a fire scene, where he had to take off his pants in public on the streets of Mong Kok. Although the main fire scene, he had a stunts double replace him, but he still had to appear in his boxers, the scene was too embarrassing. He laughed and said he didn't have any kiss scenes in the collaboration with Charmaine Sheh this time, so he can recommend his girlfriend to watch the series, no fear of jealousy.

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:20:40 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 12:33:57 AM »
Next Magazine TV Awards 2012 (Results & Photoshoot Special)

02. CHARMAINE SHEH -- SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR?

Charmaine left TVB to develop in Mainland, but it turns out that just in a blink of an eye, she has already left the company for a year already. It is just because within a year TVB kept airing her final series including My Sister of Eternal Flower, When Heaven Burns and 4 In Love that it feels like she never left, but that also means her series have all been aired. As she still owes TVB another 20 episodes, when will she shoot another series with them? Still there has been no schedule. "That's right, my time in HK nowadays is indeed not a lot. At first, I thought I wouldn't be accustomed to it, but turns out my adaptation ability is very strong. I already really like the life of shooting series in China, the work hours aren't too long and I have more personal time. It's quite relaxing..." Although the Charmaine today has a different attitude and higher pay, but thinking back in the 11 years, having an annual meeting with her (Next Magazine Awards), there is a great possibility that we won't see her next year (Because she has no TVB series, and still can't shoot series from other HK TV Stations yet.), I'm afraid it is me that won't be able to adapt to it!

Source: Next Magazine, TVBChannel
Translation by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

Offline Chaozhk

• ecchi
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 09:46:01 AM »
I wish to see more movies and drama series with her!

Offline aznkid4

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
I wish to see more movies and drama series with her!

yeah she does :D

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 03:09:56 AM »

Thought Charmaine needed a bump, :O at a store opening on January 20th for Chaumet.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 02:24:00 AM »
Charmaine from Darizi May 2012. :shocked:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong