JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - Believe

Author Topic: 二ノ国 / Ni no Kuni  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
二ノ国 / Ni no Kuni
« on: September 16, 2010, 05:44:58 PM »

Title:
二ノ国 白き聖灰の女王
Ni no Kuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joō
                   Title:
二ノ国 漆黒の魔導士
Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi
PS3                   Nintendo DS
Developer:
Level 5

Quote from: wiki.en
The player assumes the role of a 13 year-old boy named Oliver, a resident of Hotroit city whose mother Arie dies suddenly. A doll previously given to Oliver by his mother reveals itself to be a male fairy named Shizuku, who gives Oliver a magic book that allows him to go to the world of "Ninokuni," a reality parallel to his own, where the fairy states the boy may be able to revive his mother. There he encounters alternate versions of people he knows.

As Oliver, the player takes part in battles using the magic book given to him by Shizuku. The magic book contains various spells that are activated using drawings with the stylus. During battles, players will be able to arrange their characters anywhere on the bottom screen to implement various tactics. For example, a character that can block certain attacks can be placed in front of the others to shield them. The game will also include a booklet that is supposed to represent the magic book from the game and is required to play the game. In it players can find a bestiary, short stories that offer game hints and other info that the game will refer to.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: 二ノ国 / Ni no Kuni
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »
Re-post. Japanese voice cast. jdrama fans should probably have seen most of them around: :)

This may be the first time I've wished so strongly that they will keep a Japanese voice + subtitles option for the game along with the English translation since it is a Ghibli collab.

No matter how good you make them, the emotion of the character is always lost through translation. Anime geeks will know all about this.
And even though they haven't actually announced an English version, I sure hope they will be considering this when it gets decided. :bow:

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »
The graphics remind me of Professor Layton's art style. Sounds like a nice game.

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:15:08 PM »
By the videos I've been seeing all the dialogue appears to have furigana (phonetic readings of the Kanji, for those that didn't know) so even with my limited japanese reading (kanji) I think I'll import this one.
Hell, I could follow through most of my japanese FFXIII this one should be a breeze.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 02:23:05 PM »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 07:10:07 PM »
New trailer. It was mostly filled with animation though, like to see some more battle mechanics. :roll:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 10:17:37 AM »

Offline Kamijou Toma

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 09:15:12 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this game. I mean it's a studio Ghibli/Level-5 collaboration. How could anyone not want to play this?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 12:11:29 AM »
Heads up to everyone, the demo is out now for PS3! From those who've played it, it sounds like a distinctly old school JRPG. And that's either a good or bad thing depending on your preference.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 12:34:21 AM »
Bought the game. Love how I can switch the audio back and forth from japanese and english. Haven't gone far into the game because I'm reading the "Wizard' Companion." Just like with the Al Bhed language in FFX, I'm now learning the Nascaan script, even though I don't have to.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - Believe