JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - First

Author Topic: Ultimate Morning Musume Single Poll [C Round 1]  (Read 9747 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Ultimate Morning Musume Single Poll [C Round 1]
« on: November 28, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »
Welcome to the Ultimate Morning Musume single poll! :peace:

This poll was last held here in 2006, which means it's not one of those annoying polls that shirenu runs every year.

All Morning Musume singles (except Sakuragumi/Otomegumi) are included and have been randomly split into six teams, A - E. Each team has 7 or 8 songs.
3 songs with most points from each team will make it to round 2.

Because I would actually like you to watch the videos and listen to the songs before you vote, the threads are initially locked. They will be unlocked one by one every few days. Once all threads are unlocked, there are still 5 or so days left to vote; round 1 ends Monday December 13.

How to vote: List the 3 songs that you want to make it to the next round. That's all :lol:
Usually the polls are just everyone giving their votes, but if you want to explain why you voted each song, or what kind of thoughts came up while you were watching the videos, any babble is ok :3
I realize that a poll like this could be simply done with, you know, a poll machine. But I want people to actually reply. Mwahaha.

Round 2 will be open for 1 week, so until Monday Dec 20th. There will be teams A - C then, 3 songs from each will make round 3 again.

In round 3 the voting will possibly be different; I haven't decided yet. Suggestions are welcome. Either way the voting will end Dec 30 or so.

Any unbanned forum member is free to vote so go for it folks!

Songs to vote for in this team:

Happy Summer Wedding
c/w - Tsuugaku ressha

Manatsu no kousen
c/w - Koi no shihatsuressha

Summer Night Town
c/w - A MEMORY OF SUMMER '98

Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game
c/w - Aisaresugiru Koto wa Nai no yo

Go Girl! Koi no Victory
c/w - Koi ING

Shabondama
c/w - Namida niwa shitakunai

Namida ga tomaranai houkago
c/w - Nebou desu. Date na no ni...

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:47:43 AM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Ultimate Morning Musume Single Poll [C Round 1]
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 09:01:47 AM »
Shabondama
Manatsu no Kousen
Happy Summer Wedding

Shabondama is one of the awesomest songs in the universe ever. Nuff said

Manatsu no kousen - it's just a lovely summer song, lovely harmonies, great emotion, stuff. And damn, Nacchi was such a line hogger. :lol:

I wasn't going to vote Happy Summer Wedding initially, but then I actually watched the videos and listened to the songs (lol) and say whatchu say but HSW is such a creative catchy random mess, it's ~special~ and ~different~ and deserves my vote for that reason. Even if Masa hates this song. :lol: The PV is also so much fun.

Was gonna vote Go Girl first, but after watching some of the other videos the song didn't seem as great in comparison - also, when they have to do the "suki" lines to the camera, it was weird as hell seeing them from Miki, Nono, Mari, Kaori and Aibon LOL Some things don't age well. This problem doesn't occur to me in other videos because they don't specifically say "suki" to the camera :3 I thoroughly enjoyed Rika's "suki" though, I'd love to see a Rika solo version of this PV because she looked extra charming :heart: Sorry babble.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:38:31 AM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 09:12:29 AM »
1. Go Girl! Koi no Victory
2. Shabondama
3. Namida ga tomaranai houkago

Offline lilcazza

• Member+
  • ~♥-.YoshizawaHitomi.-♥~
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 11:10:13 AM »
Happy Summer Wedding - 4th Gen!!!!!

Shabondama - Yossy/Eri perf. was win xD

Summer Night Town - Classics <3

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 11:28:45 AM »
1. Go Girl! ~Koi no Victory~
2. SUMMER NIGHT TOWN
3. Shabondama

I wanted to vote for Onna to otoko no Lullaby Game, but realised that the album version is better, so.. yes! Also, dear god.. has the SUMMER NIGHT TOWN PV always looked so.... dodgy? I never picked up on that before :lol:

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 11:30:55 AM »
Yay, another one!

Summer Night Town
Go Girl! Koi no Victory
Shabondama

Summer Night Town: I love this song, so catchy!And brings back so many memories <3 Aah, the old MM... And I really love Yuko here, btw.
Go Girl! Koi no Victory: This song, and the pv too, both are adorable <3 All the "Suki" make me awww each time I see it. I like the outfits too.  And the B side is Koi ING! Extra points ~
Shabondama: I adore this song SO much. They way they sing it, is pure awesomeness. AND RIKA :heart: The costumes here aren't that great (the ones they were with the red background) but the close ups are awesome. And the dance! Dancing in the water like yeah! I like what they wear while dancing. Rokkies first's, awesome ~   I love this song best in lives btw

I was going to vote Manatsu no Kousen instead of Summer Night Town. The truth is I like both of them equally, but for some reason the votes went this way ~. I feel a little guilty for leave Onna  to Otoko no Lullaby Game... Kame and Panda's last single  :cry: And Happy Summer Wedding is awesome too, dammit >.> 4th Gen  :heart:

I have been spying the others threads and I'm afraid of D Round... that one has all my favourites... I really don't know what I am going to do that round  :banghead:

Offline renzoku

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kamei Hame Ha !!!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 11:48:21 AM »
1. Shabondama
2. Namida ga tomaranai houkago
3. Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 01:14:12 PM »
Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game
Go Girl! Koi no Victory
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 01:27:20 PM »
1. Happy Summer Wedding
2. Shabondama

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 01:47:16 PM »
Happy Summer Wedding- The happy insanity of this music video is an epic example of H!P staff at their most creative. And Yuko Nakazawa was awsome in this piece,and four shy little 4th generation members add further to the legend.

Namida ga tomaranai houkago- This song grabbed me from the musical intro, and never let me down. The initial quartet placement- Charmy, Konkon, Miki, and Sayu left me gasping for breath, I was so captivated. Another big highlight was Makoto getting to be the boy and Yossi being the girl, nice reversal from Mr. Moonlight. Plus all the girls had bows and arrows and we all know an armed idol is a safe idol.

Shabondama- Got a total Mikigasm when Miki had her first line in this song. She just punches that line out, just like how she is going to punch out whichever bastard it was that wronged her (per the story line). Lots of great shots of 6th generation newbies writhing around in the water, and all the girls get a chance to show their "you hurt me" faces, and their "I'm going to hurt you worse" faces. Plus it actually is a really powerful rocking song.

For me honorable, very big honorable, mentions to all the other songs, especially Onna to Otoko no Lullaby and Go Girl! Koi no Victory

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 01:49:41 PM »
1 Go Girl! Koi no Victory
2 Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game
3 Shabondama

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 03:33:02 PM »
1. Shabondama - a legendary Momusu song :lol:
2. Manatsu no Kousen - I always think of Risa singing it~~~ :wub:
3. Go girl! Koi no Victory - The first Momusu song I ever memorized the lyrics to.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
TOUGH round
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 05:09:25 PM »
This is a TOUGH bracket.  Maybe the toughest one to pick from -- I'd almost call into question the randomizing engine, hahah!

1) MANATSU NO KOUSEN.  Wonderfully arranged and a warm POP song.  Also featured in one of the best Musume-related "Utaban" episodes ever.

2) GO GIRL! KOI NO VICTORY.  You know, I go to karaoke a lot and well the number-one Musume song is inevitably "Love Machine."  But amongst actual Musume devotees, this song might get the nod.  And why not?  It has all the wacky traits, plus allows for background vocals.

3) SUMMER NIGHT TOWN.  Very, very tough choosing between this, Shabondama and Happy Summer Wedding.  My gut chose this one.  I chose this one because it was featured in a lot of shows I used to hunt down in video rental stores in 1999, attempting to get as many performances as possible (I became a fan in early '99 and was working my way backwards).  And every TV appearance always had an adorable YOUNG Nacchi doing the "sexy hip sway."

Ahh, youth...

Offline MyDearYossi

• みきよし
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Daisuki da yo~
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 05:25:20 PM »
1. Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~
2. Happy Summer Wedding

Offline yumechu

• ecchi
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 06:35:26 PM »
Shabondama
Go Girl! Koi no Victory

That was not an easy choice...

Offline digital clone

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 07:18:55 PM »
Shabondama
Manatsu no Kousen
Happy Summer Wedding

Offline StephanyLee

• Member+
  • Just call me Steph
    • Rdz89Steph
    • s_teph_89
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 07:54:48 PM »
Go Girl! Koi no Victory - It always get me in a good mood
Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game - It just awesome.
Shabondama - Is Shabondama!

the only hard thing was the order xD
Twice took over my life and I'm not the same since then ♡
My love for H!P will never die ♡

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 09:22:43 PM »
1) Shabondama - I like it. 'hard for me to express my feelings on it. I like the video, and can't help but say 'Shabondama' everytime that it is said in the song.
2) Go Girl! Koi no Victory- One of the earliest Musume songs I heard. I thought (and still think) it had the typical happy-go-lucky J-pop sound.

3) Happy Summer Wedding- The song makes me feel nostolgic.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 10:39:33 PM »
1.  Go Girl! Koi no Victory
2.  Namida ga tomaranai houkago
3.  Shabondama
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 11:08:19 AM »
Whereas group B had several of my favorites, this only has one... :lol:

Shabondama - Only song out of this group that's among my top MM favorites. Very intense; I love how everyone is just so angry here. DAKISHIMETE YOOOOOOO!
Happy Summer Wedding  - Honestly my least favorite from the Gocchin/Dance Man era; just couldn't get into it as much as the other songs from that time. Still fun enough on its own.
Manatsu no Kousen - Feels all nice and summery with its retro sound and low budget beach-oriented video. A toss-up between this and Lullaby Game (an underrated song considering the polarized reactions to it), but the funky bass/rhythms won me over.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - First