JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - Way Not Stand Against You

Author Topic: The Sayashi Riho Thread (鞘師里保)  (Read 177241 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
The Sayashi Riho Thread (鞘師里保)
« on: January 02, 2011, 12:06:56 PM »

A thread for Little Miss Perfect, Riho Sayashi, one of the new Morning Musume 9th gen Members!

The cute and all-pro dance machine has all the makings of a future frontgirl. Great expectations!

Name:Riho Sayashi
Kanji:鞘師 里保 - Sayashi Riho
Nickname:Yasshii
Hometown:Hiroshima prefecture
Birthdate:May 28th, 1998
Bloodtype:AB

• Been dancing since she was six years old
  • Was a member of Actor's School Hiroshima
  • Has a little brother and a little sister

Riho :3

So this is the girl from the cap I posted, it seems. Riho Sayashi. Looks like I picked myself a pro!

http://www.jcjk-audition.com/

From JC&JK Audition...  Says Fashionable there... Wut.

Here at 11, must be older than that now... or maybe not.  :?

http://www.tss-tv.co.jp/actors/photo/exhibition/019_2008autumn/index.html
http://www.tss-tv.co.jp/actors/photo/exhibition/020_2009spring/index.html
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/setagaya/20100314#p2

More pics from all kinds of perfs from Actor's School Hiroshima and whatnot.

Riho Sayashi, 12

Ok this is a gif-filled post about Riho, since I think she's awesome as hell, and everyone seems to at least like her, well everyone with a love for talent and good pair of eyes and ears. :P

(Kanon featured in two of the gifs too - this is not to show any contrast, I just like her too and left her in there :3)

Riho's gonna own every single current H!P girl in dancing, probably without breaking a sweat. This stuff is fierce as hell, and she seemed to learn everything really fast.

She's already cute as a button, but...

...this girl is going to be sooo beautiful later on. I just know it.  XD
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:22:33 PM by Stryfe »

Offline metoice

• hitomi-chan my darling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Sayashi Riho Thread (鞘師里保)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 01:08:48 PM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm LOVing RIHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^O^

ก็เพราะฉันหลงทางหลงอยู่กลางใจของเธอ อยู่ไหนก็ใกล้เธอเพราะว่าใจเธอกว้างใหญ่

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 01:24:40 PM »
So, since Sayashi isn't that common a surname, they put the reading in the news stories.
It's good, cause an uncommon name is a distinctive name, and distinctiveness is always a plus for an idol.

Accordingly, the other Sayashi of note is a baseball player for the Hiroshima Carp and is (supposedly) her uncle!

Tomoya Sayashi

I wonder if he'd be a little disappointed if his niece started pimping Rakuten Eagle stuff instead of his team's...
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 01:31:45 PM »
H!P management would've been totally stupid NOT to pick her...an all-around performer who shouldn't have any problem picking up on the group's elaborate repertoire of songs and dances despite her age.

Though according to Baseball Reference and the stats on that Wiki page her uncle doesn't seem to get much playing time...hopefully that won't be the case for this girl.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline kjpop

• DAT ASS!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 02:05:41 PM »
^truth.

i would've thrown in the towel on H!P if Riho didn't make the cut xD And she wasn't even my favorite, per se ahha
Got my eye on this one ;D

Offline metoice

• hitomi-chan my darling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »
モーニング娘。9期メンバー決定の瞬間

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 06:08:54 PM »

"HI, MY NAME IS RIHO AND I WILL ROCK YOUR SOCKS!"

Okay okay maybe that's not what she really said but  :wub:

And more pics, sightings...

Aww, looking great here. Her hair pretty damn long, too.

Posing... and goofing with Tsunku. It's a Kodak moment.

She totally looks great in there, they all do really. High hopes for this generation!

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 08:00:54 PM »
:3
nuff said  :heart:

so far she proved that she deserves all the attention  :thumbup singing will improve a lot and her dancing is in a high level since the start  :shocked ... now i wonder if the management is going to change her hairstyle or keep it dark and long

Offline wegaro

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 08:05:48 PM »
OMG! I'm back to this forum only for the new gen and this girl!!! I had lost my interest in MM long time ago =( then I read about the graduation and I was so sad Kamei was leaving that I just wanted to kill Tsunku XDDD but then I started following the news about the 9th gen again and saw this girl she's amazing. she is gonna have a lot of good opportunities that's for sure! I will come back to MM only for her cause I really liked her, I have the feeling really good things will arise for MM this year!

She has such big potential I'm pretty sure she'll become really important for H!P soon!

Offline LiLith

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayu♥Koha
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 09:43:53 PM »
It's official. Riho is my #2 in MM now already XD

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 09:30:53 AM »
Shes in my Top 3. tied with Reina  :lol:

Offline Aqua

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 10:07:26 AM »
She's deffo in my top 3 now Eri and Junjun have left, i miss them but Riho is amazing <3

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/deview/83613/

In her intro speech Riho said she wants to lead Morning Musume some day. That's the spirit!

Offline Philosoranter

• Third Member of Ninety-Nine
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 01:51:37 PM »
She struck me as too talented during the audition; that kind of thing will put loads of pressure on her fellow 9th gens.  But judging from their comments on stage, they're all ready to give it their all, so having Riho turn into insta-center may get them just frustrated enough to out-practice her.

Her ubertalentedness and the mention of her "studying dance" on Bijo Gako made me look her up, where I found out about her performing at Actor's School Hiroshima since 2006 - longer than Aika's been in Morning Musume.  "Great," I thought, "this girl just wants to take whatever route is quickest to get into showbiz; if she lost here, she'd show up as an AKB Kenkyuusei in a week or two."  Then I checked the names of the songs she was in:  Halation Summer?  Anataboshi?  Kaccho Ii Ze Japan? Uwaki na Honey Pie?  Maybe it's coincidence, or maybe she's been aiming for H!P all along.  That, along with her winning the audition to share an appearance in Fashionable's Osaka performances is a little bit of testament to her H!P love (or just her eagerness to pounce on any chance that comes along). 

It does strike me as odd that between winning the Fashionable audition and winning this audition, she appeared on stage for ASH's autumn performance festival, even though both auditions required that you not be signed to any production agency.

Another suspicion:  based on some Perfume interviews, ASH is split into classes based somewhat on talent and potential; Nocchi was a part of this class while A-chan and Kashiyuka were not.  From 2006 to early 2009, Riho was part of the A Class; after autumn 2009 she was in B Class.  No idea which is the "good" class, but Riho was appearing in several units for almost every concert since she joined, and if the pictures are indication enough she was in the center of a lot of them. She even got to sing solo for two concerts in a row, singing an 80's idol song each time.  One way or another, I can't wait for the newbies to go on Music Japan so Riho can meet Perfume.

So after all that Googling I've decided I like her OK, but if she makes Aika call her "Senpai" I'll pour vinegar in her cereal.  And if she makes Sayumin sad I'll dye her eyebrows purple while she sleeps.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 02:03:12 PM »
^ That post is one hell of a comeback after 5 years!!! :lol:

I like the info about her having performed H!P songs before. :3 Since H!P/MM popularity has been dropping, I question the motives of those who audition for it more than before... I'd like them to be fans and love the project, like I do, instead of just being after fame. Erina being a huge AKB fan made me doubt the other audition girls as well, but if Riho has done H!P songs before, that makes me feel better lol
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Philosoranter

• Third Member of Ninety-Nine
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 02:23:34 PM »
^ That post is one hell of a comeback after 5 years!!! :lol:
Who said anything about a comeback?  ;)  Maybe it's been 5 years since I posted about H!P, but not a day has passed in that time that I wasn't following the news and cheering on my favorite girls in my own way.  I just don't talk about it much anymore, that's all.  :)

Marippe :wub: :wub:
Sayumin :wub:
Sashiko + Kitarie = also awesome, but don't ever let anyone know I said so

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »
Oh what up ranter! Great post, thanks for all the info. I remember when wading through the Actor's school pics I noticed a few H!P songs here and there, but I never really bothered to try and make that connection. I've been just concentrating on her mad skills and how cute and confident she was throughout everything. But the Fashionable thing helped me believe in her chances (and her possible genuine interest in H!P), even if the UFA selection criteria have been cryptic at best.

One thing I tried to add to the previous post when the forum borked on me, from the article:

Quote from: Tsunku
「人形のようなかわいらしさなのに、力強い裏の素顔を持つ」
Quote from: maliciel translations inc.
despite her doll-like cuteness, she has a powerful image underneath it

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 03:53:35 PM »
Well I feel a need to post here, especially since Philo also came out of the woodwork for it.

As with many others, Riho was the one who I thought that perhaps could be a new ace, if only Tsunku would actually grab her up. Then of course there was the thought that surely he wouldn't since she's too good... but glad that was proven wrong. I really look forward to seeing how she develops within MM, although unlike some others I'm not quite ready to anoint her as the next coming of The Goddess (tm, Meiji Lythtis) quite yet. Her dancing is definitely killer, and will be a welcome complement to Ai in that respect (also to help compensate for what was lost with Eri), but I'm not sold on her singing yet. That said, I believe she's still ahead of her fellow new H!P members in that respect as well. From what I've seen, Mizuki could potentially give her a run in that department.

Anyway, that's the analytical portion, but now the gushing... I love how the girl moves, and she is the cutest thing. Hopefully she'll make MM more exciting to watch again, and also perhaps come out of her shell (since she's seemed a bit shy outside of performance so far)!

Ganbare, Riho-chan! ^^

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 03:11:34 AM »

http://ameblo.jp/spl-ash/entry-10659025288.html

A little Q&A done in September, from SPLASH blog, which is a group in Actor's School Hiroshima (ASH ... Spl-ash, get it...)

Bunch of silly info like fave food (peach) and colour (pink) and stuff. Mentions that she has a little brother & sister.

Offline metoice

• hitomi-chan my darling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 04:00:53 AM »
110104 PON! Morning Musume 9Gen >_<

110104 PON! - Morning Musume 9 Gen.avi [22.06MB]
http://www.mediafire.com/?7f76tcn3t6auu3v

news >_<

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 05:29:47 AM by metoice »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - Way Not Stand Against You