JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Densetsu no Futari

Author Topic: How Long Does Forever Last? - Chapter 19 (AtsuMina & KojiYuu) 10/09/2015  (Read 70713 times)

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Hello everyone. I'm pretty new to this forum and this is my first fanfic posted on here so please treat me nicely :)

Contents:
00-Prologue / 01-The Beginning / 02-Actresses in the Making / 03-Sweet Promises / 04-New Laughter / 05-Twisted Expectations / 06-Finish Line / 07-Sweet and Sour / 08-Just the Beginning / 09-Hurtful Revelations / 10-Faulty Weaknesses / 11-Wordless Calls / 12-First Step Back / 13-When to Say When / 14-Running from the Past / 15–Home is Where the Heart is / 16-Friends and Fame / 17-The Unspoken Announcement / 18-Untold Scandals / 19-The Jemmys

Prologue

This was wrong.
The room I was in. The bed I was in. The sheets that covered my naked body. The person next to me.
This was all wrong.

When I faced her, her expression clearly reflected what I felt. Pain, exhaustion, overwhelming regret and a suffocating guilt.
She said it first, but either way, it would have been the same. 

“We can’t tell anyone about this.”
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:04:59 PM by sophcaro »

Offline acchaniu

• ILoveAcchan and ILoveFanFics
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Prologue - 23/06/2012]
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 10:46:05 PM »
Huwaaa
I thinks its really interesting
I wonder who are the character  :prayers:
Atsumina?? xD such a spoilederrr
Update SOON  :wigglypanda:
 :mon cheek: :mon firecrack:

Offline Tanchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 01:38:38 AM »
Did you write an Atsumina fanfic before? Can you show me?

Offline Sydney W

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina & KaiAcchan
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 02:04:58 AM »
Please continue.

Offline Nakamii

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • It'SimplyAwesome.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 02:27:58 AM »
Did you write an Atsumina fanfic before? Can you show me?

Yes, She did. But, in Tumblr. Not here.
[I know I'm not the one that you asked, But at least I know what did you ask for. :P] Read'em here. and Here.
Follow me ;3 Tumblr | Twitter
★前田敦子・推し☆||柏木由紀||小嶋陽菜||篠田麻里子||峰岸みなみ||江藤彩也香||宮脇咲良

Offline Tanchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 03:21:42 AM »
Oh I've read them before. So that's her tumblr. Thanks anyway for giving me the links.

Offline SakuraKyoto

• Yokoyama Yui's Fans Girl
  • ecchi
  • Always support her, wherever she does‎ ٩(≧◡≦)۶
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 03:30:02 AM »
this's sound so interesting !!     

Who are they ?

i hope it's about AtsuMina..  :mon inluv:

But, other pairing is okay too..

Wait for your update..    :prayers:

Offline melon-lover

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [01 - 24/06/2012]
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
acchaniu: Oooo first comment! Thank you  ;D
haru9210: Oh you have? Awww I'm happy and thank you  :tama-bigheart:
Tanchan: Thanks to Nakamii for showing my tumblr to you, but the link is also on my signature if you need to check it out once more   :shy1:
SakuraKyoto: Hehe you are not wrong  :thumbsup

Well thank you for everyone's comments and I hope to update this fic quite frequently
  :)

01 – The Beginning

The light that shone through my eyelids pierced my pupils, making my retinas hurt. As a reflex I scrunch my eyes, turning away immediately. Even though I finally got a day off, the sun wouldn’t let me sleep in. However, I refuse to be awoken today. I snuggle into the duvet further, throwing my arm over the body next to me... only for it to land on nothing.
Forcing my eyelids to open, I peer over the blankets to see in front of me, even if I already knew what I wouldn’t find sleeping there. As expected, it was empty. She had left already.
I let my hand run over the mattress cover. It was cold. Heaving a defeated sigh, I sat up and rose from the bed. Might as well get up. No one could sleep if their heart ached as much as mine did now.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed with a message. Lazily I grab it, flipping it open.

Morning Sleepy Head <3

I’m sorry I had to leave so early. I had filming again today and I forgot to tell you ><
Please forgive me!
I’ll make it up to you tonight, I promise!

Love you!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yuko

Exactly nineteen kisses. The same number as the day I was born. Every text from Yuko ended in the same way. I looked through my replies. I counted seventeen kisses. The same number as the day Oshima Yuko was born. Two kisses less than mine.
I close my phone and throw it on the bed. It was too early for this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Takamina, over here!”

I spun round to the origin of the familiar voice. Smiling as soon as I laid eyes on Mii-chan, I wave. Quickly, I jog to her, manoeuvring around the busy people of Ginza, Tokyo.

“You took long enough.” said Mii-chan, immediately hugging me.

I return the embrace. I was in a particularly good mood today. It was one of those rare days where I didn’t have anything scheduled, finally getting a day off. In fact, all members of no3b luckily had a day off. And this brought my attention to something.

“Where’s Haruna?” I ask.

“I asked her to come out but she said she didn’t want to. She wanted to spend the day with Yuko.”

I grin. “Of course she would. I can’t believe they’ve been together for nearly 9 months.”

“I know. That’s nearly as long as you and Acchan.”

I don’t know why, but I felt myself blush. “Well, it’s only a month difference.”

“Look at you, getting all embarrassed.” Mii-chan teased, her elbow gently nudging me.

My face became hotter and I shook my body, stopping Mii-chan’s nudging.

“Come on, let’s go.” I exclaimed, dragging Mii-chan into the shopping centre.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Now you need to steam the cod fillet for-”

The woman’s voice was cut off when I flicked to the next channel. I had been doing this for the last hour. And there was absolutely nothing to watch. Nothing was going according to plan.
It wasn’t fair. Yuko was supposed to stay in with me, today being the only free day I would have in a long time. But instead, she was off acting in her stupid drama. Sure, I know it is her lucky break, being one of the main casts in a prime-time family drama. But what about me? I had planned the most romantic day today. I was going to make a picnic, we would go to the park, feed each other food, watch a film, go out to dinner, then come back and we would have a rose petal bath together and… well do other stuff.
But that was over. Yuko would come back exhausted, like every other day, and just fall asleep. Where were all the days where she would surprise me with chocolates and flowers? Where were the moments when she would visit me at the studios, programme sets, or music stations, and keep me company until I was allowed to go home? Where were all the times we would just cuddle on the couch, where we would just listen to each other’s breathing, no words needed?

Now, we barely get to talk.

Heaving another sigh, I switched the channel once more. I stopped. It was Yuko’s drama. I just caught it in time as the title of the drama flashed onto the screen; Forever Love. Cheesy as it was, the drama was actually quite good, with people such as Horikita Maki, Inoue Mao, Takakura Ken, Yamada Ryosuke, Hayami Mokomichi and others. It was basically about a woman who cheats on her rich husband with her best friend’s boyfriend. However, it was only one night but they try to keep a secret. However their feelings begin to develop for one another and there is major drama. And Yuko plays the sister of the best friend, who knows about what the woman did but keeps it a secret to protect her sister.
The drama was just starting, and I couldn’t change the channel now. Even though I knew this was not the usual time it showed, knowing it was a replay, I wanted to watch it. If I couldn’t go to Yuko’s set everyday, then I would just support her by trying to watch all her episodes. However, from the beginning, I knew I hadn’t seen this one yet. Yuko stood in the middle of the living room. And she was with her fake love interest, Akira-kun, who is played by Hayami-senpai. I remember Yuko had introduced me to him when I went to visit her at the drama set. He was good looking, charming, fit, well mannered, a great actor and just plain nice. A pure gentleman.

I didn’t like him.

From the music and expressions, it seemed to be a pretty intense scene. My eyes couldn’t tear away.

“Hana, why don’t you acknowledge what is happening?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Your sister’s best friend just kissed your sister’s boyfriend! Why don’t you tell her?”

“She doesn’t need to know. She can’t know.”

“Why? She’s your sister! You need to tell her. If you don’t, I will.”

“No! You wouldn’t.”

“Try me.”

I didn’t know I was holding my breath until I felt it escape past my lips, but I couldn’t look away. I always became absorbed when I saw Yuko act. It was just amazing. The way she was glaring at Hayami-senpai… it sent shivers down my spine.
I watched as Hayami-senpai slowly walked to Yuko, who took a step back each time he took a step towards her. Finally, she could not move further when she felt her body pressed into the wall. A gasp escaped my chest when I saw Hayami-senpai almost pressed his body into Yuko’s, towering over her. Suddenly, he slammed his hand just above her head and leaned down until his face was only a mere few centimetres away from Yuko’s. 

“Akira…”

“Tell her. Or I will.”

“…Fine.”

Then, with a smile, Hayami-senpai edged closer and closer, their eyes closing simultaneously as his lips were just about to-

The TV went black. Breathing heavily, I put down the remote control. My heart was beating painfully in my chest.
Hurriedly, I grab my coat and my bag and almost run out of the house.

My finger pressed against the flashing arrow.

“Come on. Come on!” I chanted to myself.

Hitting the circle button, the metal talons lowered and closed around the plushie.

“Yes!”

I watched as the claw began to slowly raise the plushie, edging it closer to the square hole. Just a bit more…

“NOOO!”

The plushie slipped from the grip of the claw, falling back onto its fellow plushies.

A sound of frustration escaped from my throat as I searched my purse for more coins.

“Haven’t you had enough yet?” asked Mii-chan, to the right of me, sucking on her drink straw.

“No, not yet. Not until I get that plushie.”

In the corner of my eye, I saw Mii-chan look through the claw crane glass, into the pile of various toys. She looked at the plushie that I had attempted to get for the last three turns.

“Why that one? Isn’t it weird?” she inquired.

“It is not weird." I retort. "It’s perfect.”

Inserting another coin, the machine droned with the same carousel music. Easily positioning the crane, I watched it nervously as it fell once again. Its talons easily wrapped around the plushie. I felt myself grin, observing as it raised itself… without the stuffed toy.

“Arrggh!” I exclaim.

“Just give up.” said Mii-chan. “I want to go clothes shopping.” she whined.

“One more try.” I plead.

With a sigh, Mii-chan resumed her position, leaning against the out-of-order machine next to mine.

“This better be the last time.” I heard her mutter.

With an anxious heart, I inserted the final coin, the music mocking me with my frequent failures to get that one plushie. Carefully, I adjust the crane until it was just above the plushie’s body. I held my breath as the claw spread over it and gradually lifted it into the air. My eyes didn’t blink, watching the metal claw and plushie hover towards the exit…

“CONGRADULATIONS.”

“YES!” I cried, stuffing my hand into the collection flap.

I triumphantly held out my prize in front of Mii-chan. However, she did not look at all amused.

“All this for a dumb dog.”

I gasp with shock. “It is not just a dog. It has a cute cherry headwear.”

“Riiight.” Mii-chan droned. “Come on let’s-”

Mii-chan was interrupted by the sudden music blaring from her bag. Scavenging through her bag, she finally pulled out her ringing phone.

“Hello?” she answered. “Oh hey! Huh? Now? Erm, okay. We’re at the Plaza Arcade. We’ll meet you at the entrance of the San-ai Building. Yeah . Okay. Bye.”

“Who was that?” I curiously ask, holding onto my precious cherry dog.

“It was Haruna. She said she was on her way. Let’s hurry and meet her.”

“Wait. I thought she was supposed to be with Yuko today.”

“So did I.”

With a shrug, we hurry to the entrance of the massive shopping centre.

I waited patiently for Mii-chan and Takamina. I breathed in and out, deeply and slowly. I was still pretty shaken up with the scene I just saw. The way Hayami-senpai’s lips were just-
Okay stop Haruna. You do not need to think about this.

Shaking my head, and slapping both my cheeks, I supressed the burning image of Yuko’s lips pursing for someone else other than me.

“Nyan-Nyan!”

I turn to the sound of my nickname and smiled as I saw Mii-chan and Takamina wave, jogging towards me. Like my children, they ran and hugged me. I almost fell over from the sudden impact. Thank goodness I didn’t wear heels today.
After a few moments, they broke away, grinning.

“Why are you here Nyan-Nyan?” asked Mii-chan. “I thought you were going to spend today with Yuko.”

I forced myself to smile even though my throat became clogged with my unease.  “We were but she had to film today.”

“That’s too bad.” said Takamina sadly. “Well at least the no3b members can have a fun day together.”

I felt myself smiling genuinely at Takamina’s enthusiasm. And when they cheered, I found myself joining in. If anything, these two will help me forget my worries.

----------- 3 Hours Later ----------

Takamina and I bid farewell to Mii-chan who had to go home for dinner with her family. We had spent the last three hours going to nearly all the shops in the San-ai Building. We had tried on clothes, jewellery, accessories, shoes, and I bought so many new clothes that I felt slightly guilty. However, I thought that I at least deserved to pamper myself now and again. I had so much fun today that I didn’t want it to end.

I look at Takamina who gazed back.

“What should we do now?” she asked.

“…I don’t really want to go home.” I mutter, even though the sun was setting.

“Me either.” Takamina surprisingly answered. “Should we have dinner?”

I nod. She smiled up at me, filling me with fuzziness. I always liked it best when Takamina smiled.

------------ 30 Minutes Later ------------

The yakiniku restaurant hissed with the sound of meat sizzling on the hot grill. I silently watched Takamina place another helping of beef onto the grill, turning it over now and again.

“So where’s Acchan?” I ask, bringing the napkin up to my lips to dab at the remaining grease.

“She’s also at her drama set.” casually replied Takamina.

I stare at the burning coals underneath the grill. I felt my mouth burn with the question I wanted to ask.   

“Don’t you get lonely?” I blurt.

“Sure.” Takamina said indifferently. “Sometimes.”

She turned to me, seeing me give her a sceptical look.

“Well most times.” she corrected. “But I understand she has to work. This is her dream and who am I to stop her. Plus, I’m not always home myself. We’re both busy. But we both know that we are there for each other.”

I continue to stare at her, observing the way she flipped the meat two more times, before cutting it, like always. How could this younger woman be so much more mature than me? Did Yuko also feel this way? Was it just me that was being selfish?

“But don’t you get tired?” I continue to enquire. “Don’t you just want her to stay at home, keep you company?”

“Of course I do. But I couldn’t stop her from doing what she loves. That’s not my style. Whatever Atsuko wants to do, I’ll support her, even if it means not being able to spend time together.”

I felt my chest tighten with shame.

“Maybe I’m a bad girlfriend.” I breathe dejectedly, throwing the screwed up tissue onto the table.

I hear Takamina put down the tongs and she suddenly placed her small hand on top of mine. I looked towards her, mildly surprised.

“You’re a great girlfriend Haruna. Yuko is lucky to have you."

Takamina smiled. I glance down at the small hand that belonged to the amazing person beside me, who was always there to support me. It was warm.
I smiled back. She always knew how to make me feel better.

“Thanks Takamina.”

“Don’t mention it.” she grinned.

Then, she took her hand away, holding the tongs once again. I quietly watch as she equally divided the pieces of meat, placing my share on my plate. But as I ate, all I could think about was the warmth that spread through my hand and up within my body.

I open the door of my apartment, slipping off my shoes and wearily walk to the living room, my numerous shopping bags dragging across the floor. However, as I made my way down the corridor, I notice that the light was on. That only meant one thing.
I dump my bags on the side of the corridor and run into the living room, almost slipping on the floorboards with my rush. And there, sitting at the dining room table, was Maeda Atsuko.

“Atsuko!” I exclaim, unable to contain my excitement.

Usually, Atsuko would be gone in the morning, before the sun even had the chance to awaken. Then she would not return until after midnight. It was tough, especially on Atsuko. I could tell. When she was able to stay at home, when she only had one scene to shoot, she would either sleep or read lines, the bags under her eyes growing deeper and darker with each sleepless day.
So, this was completely unexpected as I thought she had an all day shooting.

With the call of her name, Atsuko looked up from what appeared to be her script and smiled. An exhausted smile, but still a smile.
I ran over and embrace her, hoping my energy would transfer into her body.  I felt her body relax into mine and her hand grip my arm tightly, an expression of her affection. I reluctantly release her when Atsuko’s hand left my body, knowing she wanted to get back to work.

“Have you eaten?” I ask.

“Mm.” answered Atsuko, giving a slight nod.

I smile, grateful that she ate. Usually I was the one that had to force her to eat, even threateningly to confiscate the script if she didn’t eat. The usual compromise was that I got to feed her, while she continued to read the script. It worked for the both of us.

Atsuko had her attention back onto her script. It must be hard being on a prime-time show. Suddenly, I remembered something that I was sure to make Atsuko feel happy again.
I hurriedly shuffled back to the corridor and searched through my bags. I found what I was looking for easily, it’s white and red colour easily spotted. I return to Atsuko, holding the plushie behind my back.

“Acchan~ I have something for you.” I chime.

“Hmm?”

“Look.” I said, happily holding out the cherry dog plushie. “I won this for you.”

With a quick glance, she looked at the plushie in my hands.

“Oh thanks.” she uttered. “Can you leave it on the table? I have to memorise these lines by tomorrow.”

My outreached hands drop.  “Oh…okay.”

I place the small dog on the table, next to Atsuko. I suddenly felt extremely exhausted.

“I’m really tired. I think I’m going to go bed now.” I said.

“Mm.”

"Come to bed soon or you won't be able to wake up." I remind, even though I know Atsuko probably did not hear anything of what I just said.

With a final longing look, I leave Atsuko in peace. I collect my bags and head to the bedroom. I put away my newly bought items, put away the bags, and got ready for bed.

As I lay on my bed, listening to nothing, I wished the walls were thinner so I could at least hear the rhythmic turning of Atsuko’s script to lull me to sleep. Perhaps it was the large amount of food that I ate for dinner that kept me up.
I wasn’t sure when I fell asleep, but I knew two things. By the time I was asleep, Atsuko hadn’t come into the bedroom. And that my heart ached with disappointment.

In the morning, I saw the cherry dog still on the table, untouched.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:17:14 AM by melon-lover »

Flean

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 01:22:45 PM »
Is this going to be TakaHaru?  :mon closeup:  and what's wrong with AtsuMina??  :mon dunno: Why is Acchan treating Taka like that!! :mon annoy: my heart really hurt at the last scene..  :mon whine:

Offline mo-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Juritan! \(*ω*)/
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 03:12:42 PM »
noooo Minamiiii  :mon waterworks:

Mayuki&WMatsui
Jurina is my oshi forever!! (>w<)/
 Mo-chan Fanfics:
Don't be ashamed when you love me
 One Shots
My Page

Offline Nakamii

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • It'SimplyAwesome.
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 04:00:38 PM »
I don't really see the Atsuko-being-cold. I mean, I don't really think like that. I don't know, but I thought that was normal. Maybe, Acchan's just exhausted? :P I happened to acted like that, occasionally. [in that kind of situation] 8D I wonder what happen.
Follow me ;3 Tumblr | Twitter
★前田敦子・推し☆||柏木由紀||小嶋陽菜||篠田麻里子||峰岸みなみ||江藤彩也香||宮脇咲良

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 04:16:17 PM »
This story look good, is curious writing.
How cruel Maeda ....  ignoring Takamina ...

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
Its the first time that I ask this but.. this gonna be a takaharu fic? .. please I need to know T_T

Offline melon-lover

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [02 - 26/06/2012]
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 03:15:56 AM »
I seem to be pretty motivated in writing this fanfic  XD
Hopefully I'll continue to update frequently, if my mind will let me  :P
But it's definitely due to you guys  :heart:

Thank you to everyone for the comments  :D
Haruko: I think I'll keep it a secret for now, so I'll let you decide if it's TakaHaru or not keke
  :kekeke:

02 – Actresses in the Making

“Maeda-san, we’re ready for you.”

I look up from my script, the director’s assistant gesturing for me to come with him. I say a thanks to the make-up artist and hair designer and follow him to the set. Another day of acting. Another day of getting up at 5am. Another day of pushing my mind and body. Another day closer to becoming a better actress.
I’m glad that the assistant was ahead of me because as soon as I began to walk, my muscles ached with protest. I wince with the sudden pain, but I had to go on. Even if my body felt as heavy as lead, I still carried on walking. This is my life now, until the drama was over.

It was actually all thanks to Minami, who convinced me to audition for this drama.
To summarise, it is about this high school boy who discovers that his old childhood friend has moved back into town and will be transferring into his class. However, all those years ago, she had left without a word so their reunion begins with bad terms. However, soon they begin to develop feelings towards each other but situations and realisations prevent them from admitting their feelings to each other and themselves. It’s quite a good drama, with a few bits of comedy and angst thrown in. As soon as I received the script, I really wanted to audition. However, I was intimidated by the people who were going to be in the drama; Ikuta Toma, Okada Masaki, Kuroki Meisa, Yamamoto Yusuke, Ueno Juri, and many others. And the script that the agency sent me highlighted the part of the main girl, the childhood friend. The competition would be fierce. It did not help that my confidence was the size of a rice grain.
I was going to decline the offer but Minami had stopped me.

“You should at least try out for the part.” she said. “Who cares who you are up against? You are a great actress. I should know because I’ve watched every single episode of all your dramas.”

“You’re just saying that.” I had answered, unconvinced.

“I’m not!” Minami had insisted. “If anyone’s going to get the part, it’s you. You’re more talented than you think you are Atsuko. I don’t know anyone else who can cry with a drop of a pencil.”

I had smiled at that, her grin infectious.

“Besides, even if you don’t get the part, it doesn’t matter. At least you can tell yourself you tried. You can go on living knowing you don’t regret anything. I mean I tried out for so many auditions, but then I got into AKB48. Luck, fate, and perseverance. You have all those on your side.”

I still remember that stare she looked at me with. One that was filled with belief, reassurance and an endless adoration. It still made my heart flutter.

“And I’ll even come to the audition with you, if you want.”

Even though I really wanted Minami to come, I had declined the offer with a small shake of my head.

“No, it’s okay. You’re right. I’ll go to the audition. And even if I don’t get it, at least I still have you.”

The following embrace made my soul sing. Though small, Minami’s body emitted such loving warmth and provided an invisible security, I always tried to hug Minami at any possible chance. She was the only one who could make me feel this way.

The following days after the audition were nerve-wracking. However, as irritable as I became, Minami still stuck by my side and endured my troublesome attitude. Then, when I got the call saying I got the part, we celebrated immensely, with the AKB members and each other.

I am truly grateful for her existence. I am the luckiest person in the world. And no matter how tired I become, or how frustrated I get, I always know Minami is there for me. She is the one I work and live for. So, even if my body gives in to the burning pressures, even if my voice goes hoarse from practising lines and songs with Minami, even if my eye-bags become permanently embedded into my skin, I will continue.

With a nod to myself, I decide. Tonight, I was going to show Minami how much she means to me.

“Oshima-san we’re ready for you.”

I nod as I stand up from my set chair. The scene with Maki-senpai and Mao-senpai had just finished, where Mao-senpai tells Maki-san she expects her boyfriend is cheating on her. Watching the doubt and trust on Mao-senpai’s face, and the guilt and fear on Maki’s senpai’s, it was inspiring. How one minute they were happily talking, then the next moment their expressions changed into emotions that could show exactly how they were feeling, without any words. I want to be an actress just like that.
I bow to Maki-senpai and Mao-senpai, as they leave the set. They smiled, patting my shoulders encouragingly, before leaving. At every chance I got, I would try to watch the other cast act, watching how they took a scene and enhanced it with their style of acting. It was interesting and valuable. And they even welcomed me, offering helpful tips. It was amazing, almost like a dream. One that I wish I would never wake from.

Alone, I step onto the stage. My next scene is to be with Hayami-senpai. We would act out the scene where his character discovers mine had lied, and has not told her sister about what her best-friend had done to her. It was a very dramatic scene, and I wondered if I even had the skills to pull it off.
Suddenly, I see Hayami-senpai step onto the set. He waved when he saw me. I did the same, watching as he made his way to the stage. Hayami Mokomichi - the same man that starred in Zettai Kareshi and Hammer Session - was being my acting partner. It was surreal.

“Hayami-senpai.” I greet, bowing quickly. “Good morning.”

“Good morning Yuko-chan.” he returned, grinning his charming smile. “Are you ready?”

“Of course!” I devotedly replied, pumping my fist.

The short laugh he emitted was deep and masculine, one that was sure to make girls swoon.

“I’m glad to hear it. So, have you thought about what I asked you last time?”

I froze. Thought about it? That was all I had been thinking about!

Last week, we had filmed our first kiss scene, which I had felt extremely nervous about. However, even though Hayami-senpai had made me feel as comfortable as possible, I also felt guilty. Guilty towards Haruna. Sure, she had filmed kiss scenes too, but even so, I couldn’t help feel I was deceiving her. I hadn’t even told her about it, when before, she had the decency to tell me. And to be honest, I wasn’t even sure why I haven’t yet told her. Maybe I was scared. Scared that she would be angry, annoyed, leave me forever. Even the thought of it made me want to cry.
Thank goodness the scene was over in one take. But then, two days later, in our next scene, Hayami-senpai gave me his number. I accepted, knowing it would be best to widen my contacts. However, he then said something unexpected.

“I was wondering if you’ll like to go out this Saturday?” he had asked, after filming.

I know I hesitated, because then he said. “You don’t have to answer me right now. Just let me know.”

And before I could even respond, he headed back to his dressing room. And from then on, my head has been in turmoil. Saturday was the only day I had off, and I wanted to spend it with Haruna. However, how could I refuse an offer to such an influential senpai? My agency would kill me if they knew I denied such a chance to spread my name. Yet, there was Haruna to consider. I am not naïve. I know that he and I were only friends and colleagues, but with this invitation, it seemed he wanted something more. Though it could just be me overthinking the situation, and Hayami-senpai might just want to get to know me better, it seemed rather ambiguous. I felt that I needed to discuss it with Haruna first.

But it was now the day before Saturday, and I have not spoken to Haruna about it, nor have I made a decision myself.

“So?” pressed Hayami-senpai. “Are you free this Saturday?”

“I…”

Hopeful eyes stared down at me.

“I..."

Then Haruna's face flashed before my mind.

"I... I’m sorry.” I finally spat out.

My heart had made the decision for me. I couldn’t do it to Haruna.

“Ahh…I can’t say I’m not sad about that.” spoke Hayami-senpai, his voice and face now down-casted. “Well, next time.”

I half-smiled. “Yes, maybe.”

“Okay, everyone, get ready.” called the director.

I step into position, while Hayami-senpai does the same. I transform myself into Matsumoto Hana, while Hayami-senpai becomes Takanishi Akira. However, just before the director could cry action, I saw the disappointment in Hayami-senpai’s eyes. And it made my heart twinge with regret.

Bidding farewell to my manager, I walk towards Minami’s house. Well, our house. We have been living together for five months now and each day is like a blessing. And as soon as I enter, my body immediately relaxes.  It seemed that the house had that power over me. Or, maybe, it was because it was filled with Minami’s scent. Warm, sweet and safe. 

“Minami, I’m home.” I call.

No answer. Slightly frowning, I head to the main room.

“Minami?” I unsurely repeat.

Again, there was no answer. Kitchen, dining room, bathroom, bedroom, Minami was nowhere in sight. She was supposed to be home today, at least, according to her schedule. All she had was a studio recording to do in the early afternoon. And now it was past 7 in the night.
Confused and slightly worried, I made my way back to the front room. With a sigh, I sit down at the dining table. Then, for the first time since I’ve arrived, I notice the small note on the table. Picking it up, I immediately recognise Minami’s handwriting.

Have gone to Haruna’s place.
Dinner’s in the fridge.

I’m not sure why, but jealousy bloomed within me. 
I know they’re part of the same team, same group, and were still in AKB together, but they are always together. More so recently. I understood I might have been busy, and I didn’t tell Minami I was going to be home early today, but I wanted to surprise her. Perhaps I am being greedy or selfish, but I want Minami to be here with me.

With a defeated sigh, I get up and open the fridge. Might as well fill my stomach if I’m going to be alone tonight.
But as soon as I lay my eyes on the covered dish, a smile crept onto my face, pushing away the frown. My heart swelled with gratitude and adoration.

Omurice.

My favourite.

“Nyan-Nyan, I’m home.” I holler. “There’s something I-”

I stop as soon as I realise that we were not alone. Takamina smiled from the couch, with Haruna sitting particularly close to her.

“Hi Yuko.” she greeted.

“Hi…”

“Yuu-chan come in, we just finishing a film.” Haruna added, stepping up to refill their mugs.

I slightly frowned, seeing that the mugs were our couple mugs, with matching designs. Pink and with little red hearts, with a centre animal print. The one with the squirrel is mine, whereas hers is with the cat.

“Come sit down.” called Takamina, patting the space next to her, away from Haruna's seat.

I could only nod, making my way to the spot. With a heavy exhale, I dropped my butt onto the soft cushion with a thud.

“Have you had dinner yet?” Takamina asked.

“Not yet. Did you?”

“Yeah we did.” Haruna replied, coming back from the kitchen. “Takamina brought sushi.”

Nyan-Nyan’s favourite.

“We have some left over, if you want some.” said Takamina.

I shake my head. “It’s okay, I’m not that hungry.”

I suddenly feel a loss of appetite.

“Are you sure?” asked Haruna, a small pout on her lips which always made my heart slightly ache.

I nod, smiling. “Yeah, I had a big lunch.” I partly lied.

Smiling again, Haruna passed Takamina her mug, with the squirrel, and placed mine in front of me.  It was the plain white mug, with small colourful dots. The one we usually used for guests.

With a rather heavy heart, I picked up the mug, carefully sipping at the burning hot chocolate. As the scalding sweet liquid slid down my throat, it mixed unhealthily with the bitterness that swirled within me. I wasn’t sure why, but whenever Takamina and Haruna were alone, I became jealous. Perhaps it was because they had known each other longer, or they were in the same team, even in the same group, but their bond always made me envious. And though I loved Takamina, and I’m sure that their relationship is harmless, Haruna is Haruna. She is mine.

As I sip silently at the hot chocolate, feeling isolated from the other two to the left of me, I almost did not hear the question.

“How is the drama going?” Takamina asked.

I felt my heart stop. I coughed as the warm drink went down the wrong hole as I gasped. Takamina is suddenly patting my back, with Haruna taking the drink from my hands, while I almost cave over from the incisive coughing.
That was why I wanted to be alone with Haruna today. I had wanted to discuss the situation with Hayami-senpai. But with Takamina here, it was rather difficult bringing the subject up. And I had almost forgotten about it, if it weren’t for Takamina asking about the drama.

When my coughing died down, I held my hand up as if surrendering.

“I’m fine. I’m fine.” I say.

Looking up, I saw Haruna looking at me with concern. She held out a glass of water, which I wondered when she got that. Smiling gratefully, I take small mouthfuls. Haruna was always there for me. Suddenly, Haruna scooted to the right of me, making Takamina and me scoot over to make room. Her arms drew around me, her head resting on my shoulder. I felt myself glow with happiness as it was only Haruna and me left in the world.

I’ll tell her in the morning. She needed to know. I’m sure she’ll understand why I need to spend my day with Hayami-senpai tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:18:17 AM by melon-lover »

Offline Keisthename

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Keep Calm! Don't Sleep! I love- I ship! AtsuMina!
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 02 - 26/06/2012]
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 06:25:46 AM »
whoah! OMG OMG OMG!!!  :luvluv1: I love the way you make my heart ache reading that "ATSUMINA" coldness.. or one sided coldness.. Acchan Y U make TakaMina feel so lonely! waaaaa..

I hope TakaHaru wont develop here. I still aim for AtsuMina but It's okay for me if you'll make Yuko and damn Acchan to feel jealous towards their love. At least they can feel the pain the other two are experiencing. It's about time!! REVENGE!!! LOL! :kekeke:
But of course please let ATSUMINA and KOJIYUU still togetheeeerrrrr  at the end!!!  :pleeease:

UPDATE SOON PLEAAASE !!!!  :kneelbow:

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 06:53:22 AM »
whoah! OMG OMG OMG!!!  :luvluv1: I love the way you make my heart ache reading that "ATSUMINA" coldness.. or one sided coldness.. Acchan Y U make TakaMina feel so lonely! waaaaa..

I hope TakaHaru wont develop here. I still aim for AtsuMina but It's okay for me if you'll make Yuko and damn Acchan to feel jealous towards their love. At least they can feel the pain the other two are experiencing. It's about time!! REVENGE!!! LOL! :kekeke:
But of course please let ATSUMINA and KOJIYUU still togetheeeerrrrr  at the end!!!  :pleeease:

UPDATE SOON PLEAAASE !!!!  :kneelbow:

yeah!! jelousy its funnny :D.. and acchan and yuko need to recorver their girls.. :D

Flean

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 09:23:17 AM »
Somehow, now I think there will be AtsuYuu instead of TakaHaru.. Hurm..  :mon dunno:

The jealousy might blinded both of them.. and end up doing something shocking!! :mon closeup:

but it's still early to predict what might happen..LOL..  :mon sweat:

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 10:08:25 AM »
I wonder who cheats on and with who . Maybe everybody cheats on with everybody lol

Offline bunny_rabbit

• Freudian Psychoanalyst???Why Not LOL
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Even in death, may you be triumphant
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 11:30:39 AM »
will it become AtsuYuu and TakaHaru

or AtsuHaru and TakaYuu

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 01:33:30 AM »
I predict Haruna being angry over Yuko's decision to go on a 'date' with Hayami instead of Haruna. Then she would blurt to Yuko about the kissing scene she saw on TV, and Yuko wouldn't know how to respond or would try to explain, but we all know our Tsundere model... So they might break up, or be apart for awhile...  :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

And about AtsuMina... I predict Minami being more and more insecure, as Atsuko is really tired and exhausted from her work, and she's not spending enough time with her Takamina... That might make this couple also break apart for awhile...

Back to KojiYuu, I hope a 'date' with Hayami won't bring a scandal.... I hope his intentions are only good...  :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

BTW, I have read your tumbrl fics, and OH MY F*CKING GOD, they were HOT TO DEATH  :mon blood: :mon blood: :mon blood: :mon blood: :mon blood: :mon blood: :mon blood: :mon blood: :mon blood: :mon blood: :mon blood: :mon blood:

I especially loved KojiYuu (I'm biased towards Yuko-sama), but I loved others A LOT too  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Plz update soon!!!!
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Densetsu no Futari